Schneider Employee Reviews

Found 1,426 reviews matching the search See all 1,521 reviews
Life on the road
TRUCK DRIVER/DELIVERY (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2019
I had a time working with Schneider it had I learned about there safety source such as the slow moving when you are making a turn or intrest at all times .
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Dont have any
Excellent Benefits
Area Planning Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2019
They offer great benefits and the work life balance is awesome. Management can be a little quirky at times, but they are always willing to listen. Sometimes, climbing the ladder can be tough, but the opportunities are there and relocation is possible
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Management can be inconsistent
Lots of work and good enviornment
Driver (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 19, 2019
Its a good place to work. Lots of hours and a good team. The benefits are outstanding. The hardest thing is the furniture delivery lifting to get things into the customers home.
Cons
in Oregon
Good starting otr job
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARJanuary 18, 2019
IT was a good job at first but it didnt fit my personal needs this would however be something for someone who is just starting.THEY do offer home time etc but i just felt it wasnt for me is all.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Inventory Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2019
Management was not understanding and didn't put you in position to move up or advance. They were quick to point fingers instead of looking at self, they also did not put you in a position that would allow you to win.
good company to work for
long distance truck driver (Former Employee) –  Brown County, WIJanuary 16, 2019
enjoyed working for Schneider national as a driver going all over Canada and the united states.the hours are very long and I was away from home for14 to 15 days at a time with 3 days at home, they are very long shifts. learned a lot about the USA. management is very fair to employees. workplace is excellent and the most enjoyable part for me was seeing the wide open spaces every day but my wife was getting quite aggravated.
Pros
free travel
Cons
very long hours (14hrs a day most days80000
Fun place to work
Class A CDL Truck Driver- OTR (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 15, 2019
contract job with Family Dollar Distribution delivering to family dollar stores. Drive to locations daily and timely deliver to by maneuvering and backing up to various and odd dock locations and unload correct pallets to correct stores using electric pallet jack.
Pros
use of pallet jack, great way to loose weight
Cons
the way the trailer is packed
Going to hang in there with them.
Driver (Current Employee) –  TimbuktuJanuary 13, 2019
I've only been in Schneider local driver for about a month (after training). I signed on for Monday-Friday, 0800-1700 (8 hours a day and an hour for lunch). I'm now working 12 hours a day with no lunch. The pay is very low, but it's what I agreed to, so that I could be local. I've had numerous problems with my truck since I've gotten here, which has caused me to not get a lot of work done. It was nothing Schneider could have foreseen, and they did fix it very quickly each time, so I'm happy with that. The truck is fixed now, so things are going a lot smoother. I am thinking about transferring within the company to a position where I can make a little more money. What I'm getting paid for this position is not nearly good enough for the hours I'm working, which comes out to an extra 80 hours a month more than what was agreed, which I'm not being compensated for. Overall though, I think I like it here. The training was pretty good, although there are a couple of things I think could be improved. All but one of my instructors were great. I do like the consistent pay every week. Now that the truck is fixed, I'm happy with it. It's not new, but it's mechanically perfect, and I like it. I really like the job too. I like driving, and when everything goes well, it's relaxing and not stressful. I really like a lot of the people I've met here. All the people I've dealt with in upper management and technical support areas were really great. Even though there have been a lot of problems, everyone has bent over backwards trying to help me solve them, which I really like. I'm going to go ahead  more... and stick it out with these guys. I'm glad to be a Schneider driver, and I think this is the start of something good. Thanks, Schneider. I'm happy to be here.  less
Pros
Great people.
Cons
Long, uncompensated hours.
great company - strong adherence to company values and safety
Onsite Account Mgr. at KC (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 12, 2019
Excellent company, compassionate leadership, great organizational culture. Values taking care of employees. high quality employees - competent, reliable, honest.
Pros
leadership, quality of employees
Not bad
Company Driver / Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 10, 2019
Alright, this is a no Bs review:

Two things that I want to stress: if you're thinking of leasing on with Schneider, 1) go used NOT new - if new you'll start the week just shy of a grand in the hole and maybe $1500 profit 2) Do not do orientation at Charlotte - even if it's down the street. Do not get assigned there!

Pros:
Pick your own freight - if you're good at it, you'll learn the cust/lanes and never have to worry about a place to park

Night shift - you'll hear negativity about night shift, but night shift doesn't bother you and their answer is always the same, "wait until morning and speak with your DBL." Besides you still have access to cust/ load info and break down services.

Freight - Freight everywhere. Harder to be local with a truck payment, but it can be done (Go used!)

Cons:
Stay out of Charlotte! They'll tell you you're own boss, but won't let you forget who's in charge. Too much freedom to deactivate and when they deactivate, they pull all your loads -- even if deactivated for an hour. I hear nothing but glowing reviews from IC's assigned to other locations.

$150 a day that you keep an empty trailer without a load assigned. No other IC heard of this nor could I find one who'd been charged. Even the ones who stay attached for upto a week. Stay out of Charlotte!

Constant nagging. Update your contact info and it never gets updated. You'll end up repeating the same answer to several different people. There's no communication!

Micro managed - Honestly, there is very little need for the DBL position. You can see empty trailers, load info,
  more... contact #'s etc they are more or less a point of contact so cust service doesn't get over whelmed. But tbt they slow you down and expect you to call in for every little thing.
- Don't record phone calls :) (they stopped calling lol)
- Do not expose their "no longer than 10 minute on hold wait" rule. Although at last check it was fairly accurate.
- If involved in phone call with higher-ups just agree with everything they say.

- They will tell you if you're making too much

It's not a bad place to work that offers decent pay. Just remember not to question, show intelligence or offer ressistance and you'll do fine.
Pros
Freight
Cons
You're not your own boss
I enjoyed working with Schneider
OTR DRIVER (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 9, 2019
I enjoyed working with Schneider. I just started a family so the hours and being on the road wasn't good for my family and I. I enjoyed the open road and the organization of the company.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
pay
great company, great team, many opportunities
Class A CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2019
This company is a great company to work for. the training team is fantastic and will get you the knowledge you will need to start trucking. the work is there, you just have to be hungry for it.
Lies lies lies
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 7, 2019
And I've had about enough.

This driver lives in Texas. I think I've, maybe, had five loads that have NOT been Northeast region. I took one reset in Dallas but as soon as that was done, they immediately routed me right back up here and have been trapped here doing laps between Ohio and New Jersey for just about a month.

Yeah, yeah holidays. Whatever. Ohio is one of the busiest freight lanes in the country. There is no excuse for any OTR driver, even a solo driver, to get stuck in a four state loop.

I begged them, pleaded... Please. Just one load going in the opposite direction.

Did they do that? No. They sent me to Connecticut. And that was five loads after I already asked them to send me elsewhere.

First: no forced dispatch? Lie. This is a lie.
Second: they have more freight than they do drivers? Lie. If that were the case, getting me something out west or south would be a piece of cake.
Sign on bonus: kind of a lie. They tax it at the highest possible rate so whatever they told you you're getting, expect to get half.
Did they tell you you'll be getting a late model truck? Lie. I was in the office when the driver of the truck I'm driving now quit. They turned around and handed me the keys. This truck has so many problems and I say something and it's like talking to a brick wall. I had to practically beg to get a balding drive tire replaced.

I've been so stressed out and agitated that I am making silly mistakes and it's starting to count against my personal standards and even my desire to protect my licence.

I'm mad and if I wasn't facing the very real
  more... prospect of homelessness, I'd have packed out my truck and taken my experience and dedication elsewhere.

And if you have experience? Please. Do yourself a favor and don't give these people your time. Especially if that experience is with anyone they consider a "rival". Like we're in high school, and not semi-functioning adults.

If everyone at this company treated us with the same respect and patience like they do in Carlisle, I think I'd be a little less salty. Literally the people at the OC in Carlisle are the ones dousing fires. At least for me, anyway.
Pros
Carlisle
Cons
I'm not sure what the character limit is for this box...
Great team
Local Driver (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAJanuary 7, 2019
I sure wished the sprouts account was still ran by Schneider National. The pay wasn’t the best at this place but they sure did take care of their employees during the slow season. The benefits were great also. Management was ok but what do you expect in this industry.
Pros
Great hrs, time off, and home time
Cons
Poor pay
You are your own boss
Driver (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 7, 2019
Working at Schneider quite easy everything is electronically done on the computer no stress most like a Hustle the more containers you pick up and drop off the more pay you receive I disagree with the hours 12 hours a day p
Pros
You can manage your own time take lunch and breaks whenever you're available and halftime
Cons
Healthcare is expensive working for Schneider
The worst trucking company I ever worked for.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 7, 2019
I had over 2000 miles stolen from my pay checks and when I call to ask about it, the management just keep saying " I don't know, I'm sorry" really that's all you can do?. Really
I took home time for about 5 days and I came back the work to find that all my belongings that were in the truck are gone literally gone. I was shocked. They stole everything and I called everyone I could on the Company about it, no one could help, they said the truck was put for cleaning, I never asked for it to be cleaned the first time.
I really suggest you do your self a favor and find a better Company to work for.

Pros:

None , lies after lies just to get you in the truck and work for free. You will be broke even if you drive over 2500 miles a week, you won't get paid for your last pay check if you decide to quit.

Managment : Everyone that works in this Company knows about the immoral behavior of the company and its management, they are thiefs.
Overwhelming at most times
Material handler loading in unloading (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 6, 2019
I think everyone should have to do there part as an employee not sit back while the new employees do all the work while they sit down and do nothing but they should because that’s what they are paid to do not slave work the new employees
Cons
No teamwork
A really good starting point
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 6, 2019
Was very busy, a very good core training. The pay could have been better. Was an overall great experience. I wouldn't be opposed to becoming a training expert.
a good place to start
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 5, 2019
its all about production,but getting the job assignments to meet your needs can be tricky that's the difficulty of being paid on a per mile basis which can be very worrying at times
Pros
good pay
Cons
have to keep the numbers up
Enjoyed my work. Management needs immediate improvement
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 5, 2019
I enjoyed my job at Schneider. However management needs immediate improvement. My experience with Schneider was less than ideal. I would have preferred the opportunity to move to another department however my supervisor refused to "release" me from my role.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schneider. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight