Schneider

Schneider Employee Reviews

Found 3,165 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,297 reviews

Good company for the most part

Featured review

Schneider selected this as a representative review
They are corporate and they have requirements to fulfill and they do that. if you get with them you do a good job they will pay you fairly and you will always have a job.

Pros

Consistent paycheck, benefits and tons of work.

Cons

Not many.

Room to Grow

Schneider focuses on internal promotions in every line of business. If you work hard, focus, and are coachable then the sky is really the limit.As an associate you have access to training all the time; both self paced and instructor led.

Pros

Good work/life balance

Cons

Very fast paced- all the time

Official response from Schneider

November 23, 2021
Thank you for your feedback, and dedication to your role. We appreciate your efforts, and adaptability to the fast paced nature of our business.

Equipment issues

You spend your day inspecting trucks for the 1st couple days because most of the trucks they assigned me had issues and you're wanting for people in office to assign you another truck that had a brake a issue and then back to waiting to be assigned to another truck with issue so wait another hour for them to assign another and repeat again and during the time you're doing all the inspecting and waiting you'renot getting paid for it . They have many drivers but not enough working trucks .

Pros

Easy to get hired

Cons

Everything about the company

Productive and fun work place with great work life balance

Schneider is hands down the best company I have ever worked for as far as work life balance and actually caring about their associates well being. There is a lot of room for advancement and upper management is great. The only downfall is the benefits are expensive and the wages for entry level are mediocre.

Official response from Schneider

November 23, 2021
Thank you for providing us with such great feedback. Our associates truly make a difference, and we strive to provide a great work life balance as well as fair compensation.

They go beyond the norm to work with and help there drivers

Schneider is a great company with some really great people. They went beyond the norm to help me when I needed it the most. They care about the driver and they care about safety. They do there level best to meet indivduals needs. I have nothing negitive to say about Schneider!

Pros

They actually care about there drivers

Cons

They are on lower side of pay

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Nice.training

Always on my toes nice work so far like everyone so far the Walmart run was fun that i trained on days were long but fun docking and backing trailers was hard but glad i learned it

Pros

Great instruction

Cons

I always find out whats needed at the last minute makes me have to rush and stress

New Driver

As a new driver I know Schneider can and should do better. The training was okay, albeit there should be a tad bit more focus on how to use the tablet. DBLs aren't always available, which sucks.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

pay, training, and management

Terrible job

Terrible dispatching, terribly upkept drop lot, trucks only get maintenance once a year unless there’s a break down, management has no concept about how time keeping or payroll works

Pros

They don’t care if you show up

Cons

Almost everything

Good Training

Good training. Traning pay isn't great. Depending on your location, the hotel you stay in for training varies in quality. They provide lunch during training.

For beginners only

Get knowledge and experience and leave immediately, they have a training class starting every Monday in TX, GA, PA, NC… you are just number don’t get complacent move on quick fast and a hurry, you will average $600-$800 week…. Do you know what average means… don’t say I made $1000 last week… I said average… the week you make $1000… you will run out of hours take a 34 sitting in New Jersey and leave out tues/wed next check $400… like I said average $600-$800 a week….

Pros

Training and knowledge

Cons

Compensation

Good for bachelors

If you don't mind never being home and sitting all day. Because freight in Florida is light it takes forever to get you home. Also 63 mph is some of the lowest speeds out there

A good place to get your training and get your first year of driving down with good raises the first year but after that the pay is low and slow

A great place to get started your first year in driving but always hard to get your miles and get paid for your Miles when your planners give you large mileage assignments for the first few days of the week and then the last few days of the week you get short haul miles. You never make your agenda of 2,400 miles per week and matter of fact you make less than 2,000 miles per week. Really good place to get started but not a good place to stay! Especially if you want to get ahead and make more money. Best thing to do is just get your training and put in your first year to pay for your training. Then find someplace else to make more money cuz after 12 months to 15 months you can make $0.10 or more per mile with another trucking company with a year to year and a half experience!

Pros

Great training and good DBL's

Cons

Planners / upper management / mileage / constant breakdowns of equipment

Good advancement options

Job advancement options are plentiful!!! Good benefits, but the work culture is VERY BAD. Management is VERY BAD. On almost every team here. If you can work very independently, you will be fine.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Work environment is very toxic

Hard environment to work

Company spits out people like water, 3 out of 5 people won't last a year here. It's built in their culture to get rid of new employees who won't fit into their perceived mindset. Managers are let go at the same rate as hourly employees. The culture says you will do it the way it's always been done, and don't think outside the box. If you think outside the box, you're gone.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Constant turn over

Local work is great pay

I work a local dedicated route delivering car parts. Touching freight pays extra and I make 12-13 hrs per day. Most day cabs are 2020 and newer but some trailers and lift gates are older. Broken equipment is fixed in a timely manner. Management is great! Long hours means less home time but more money. I would definitely recommend a local dedicated route!

Pros

Great starter!

Cons

Starting wage is just that. A starter.

The pay and benefits

Pay and benefits are great. The wait time for loads suck. Getting the workers to open the door to unload suck. The management was ok. They were unorganized at times.

They will def keep you busy for pennies.

I worked at Schneider for almost 7 months and went through nothing but humps and bumps with them from day one. I think I spent more time in hotel rooms then they gave me miles. I was terminated for one preventative incident. It was very minor and they didn’t give me a chance to excel. Don’t work here! These mega companies only care about you dropping their loads off. They don’t care about their drivers at all. I’m glad to say it pay was bad, maintenance bad, staff horrible! Best thing was the new equipment. RUN!

Pros

New equipment

Cons

No miles, terrible CS

Underpaid for work done

Very good trucks and trailers but the company doesnot pay that good for the work performed. They are not competitive un terms of pay and the turnover rate is high

Pros

New trucks

Cons

Pay

Okay place to start

Pay isn't great but you get some experience. Do your time, learn what you can and move on to greener pastures. They hire about 100 people every week so look out for yourself. Nobody else will.

Pros

They have freight.

Cons

Doesn't pay much.

Good starter company

I think Schneider is a good starter company. The money isn't bad but it could definitely be better. This is my first truck driving job so I don't have anything to compare it to.

Pros

Good communication with dispatch.

Cons

Doesn't pay much while waiting to get loaded or unloaded.

New Driver - So far, so good

I recently completed the interview process and I begin orientation/training in Portland next week. My recruiter was very professional and helpful. So far I am very impressed.

Pros

Good communication, opportunities, professional

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schneider. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Schneider.
Powered byComparably