Schneider Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,175 reviews matching the search See all 1,262 reviews
Upper Management Doesn't Understand the Job
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Elwood, ILAugust 14, 2018
The upper management team doesn't understand the day to day, and expectation. It's hard to be successful when your superiors do not know what your expectations should be on a day to day basis.
Pros
Large Company
Cons
Several Levels of management not aware of the day expectations.
Good Job
Professional over the road truck driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 13, 2018
I conducted drop and hook and also live load and live unload delivering in a timely manner. 53’ dry van with an automated shift semi. No accidents and safe miles driven 111.252.7
Schneider was a good place to work.
Billing Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 11, 2018
My only reason for leaving was to change from a profit company to a non profit organization.

It was a fun place to work with great people to work with.
Pros
Gain share
Good people, benefits, decent pay.
Class A Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 9, 2018
My experience at Schneider has been overall positive. They keep you running if you want to run. It was rare that you would have to sit around waiting on a load. My next load was usually ready before I even dropped the load I had. Health insurance plan is really good compared to other trucking companies. Safety is their biggest concern. They treat you with respect. They will stress you about safety before anything else. My only complaint would be the pay. It is decent but it could be better. They always get me home on time. Other companies may offer more money but not the same level of respect.
Pros
Stay busy, Benefits, Safety, 401K
Cons
Pay
August 10, 2018

Thanks for the review and your feedback. We're glad to hear that our core values of safety and respect stand out to you. We appreciate all the hard work you do as a driver. We evaluate driver pay on a weekly basis to make sure it's competitive in the market. Keep up the great work and drive safe.

good place to work
Intermodal Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 9, 2018
very friendly place with the employees the environment has changed since it has gone public. not a bad place to work if you are looking for a starting place
good way to get your CDL
Over the Road Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 8, 2018
This company is an great way to get your CDL. they have there own truck driving school. They are always nice even after you have completed the school. I was able to get mine with them after only 5 weeks
August 9, 2018

Thanks for the wonderful review! We're glad we were able to help you get your CDL through our Paid CDL Training Program and start your truck driving career.

Schneider doesn't have a truck driving school but we partner with many around the nation. This allows us to offer paid tuition and tuition reimbursement to schools for candidatse.

High paced Strategic and business mimded
Loader (Former Employee) –  Elwood, ILAugust 7, 2018
It's easy! The manager wants you there on time so they can let you know what they expect of you and how many trucks they want loaded and ready for shipment.
Pros
They will always have a job for you and they have people you can talk to there
Political
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 6, 2018
Management is unacceptable. Work life balance is their big seller and it’s untrue. Don’t even try to utilize FMLA. They will make life unbearable. And in the end they will find a way to terminate.
Pros
No pros
Cons
All cons
Good place to work. Pay could be better. Shop needs improvement.
Dedicated Local/Regional Commercial Driver (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 4, 2018
Good place to work overall for someone who understands the driving lifestyle. As with any job, there are good days and bad days. There are days when your load and paperwork are ready for you when you arrive, then there are days when you'll wait 3 hours for your load.
Pros
Good communication. Good opportunities to work on major accounts.
Cons
Wait times. Pay. No paid sick days. No compensatory time program.
August 6, 2018

Thanks for the review! We're glad you enjoy working for Schneider for the most part and appreciate your feedback. We're always working on ways to make drivers more efficient and to make their experience better. Drive safe.

Solid company
Vice President of Supply Chain Solutions (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 3, 2018
Good company to work for and you will learn alot. They will allow you to spread your wings and take on additional work to help you develop any new skills you feel you need.
Poor management
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXAugust 2, 2018
I wouldn’t recommend This work environment it is very stressful, and when it comes to upper positions they lack fairness among the staff. There is alot of favoritism, inorder to obtain a better position or shift you have to be on management’s best side for example be others “nanny” and observe every single move & be reporting.
productive
Over the Road Regional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 1, 2018
learned at a excellent driver training course how to maneuver a 18 wheeler best training i have seen ever. very friendly and attentive trainers. no time how was the problem.
August 2, 2018

Thanks for the review. Schneider's great training and partnerships with excellent trucking schools create safe, professional drivers like yourself. Our trainers are always willing to provide extra training time for drivers that want it. Drive safe.

The pay wasn't good. I had to over work myself just to get a decent check.
CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Gary, INJuly 31, 2018
The pay wasn't good. I had to over work myself just to get a decent check. I got a decent amount of miles per week. I don't get any benefits until I have been there for a year.
August 2, 2018

We're sorry you felt your pay didn't meet expectations. We evaluate driver pay weekly to make sure it's competitive with the market, and want drivers to speak with their leaders if they have pay concerns. Many of your benefit options are effective 60 days after date of hire. Thanks for the feedback and drive safe.

Billion dollar Corp should not cry poverty!
Team Driver / OTR (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 31, 2018
I worked there twice. From 06-10 I will say that their safety training is second to none.
I would only recommend working here for a new driver. After you gain experience, get the out!
The second time from 2013-15 the CEO is not driver friendly. Crying poverty. Trying to cut corners at the expense of the drivers.
I actually left because someone saw my appearance at an OC and suggest I get a sleep study because he thought I might have sleep apnea.
Total micro managing.
Pros
Safety training
Cons
Micro management pay, cheap.
August 1, 2018

We're sorry you had this type of experience with us. Safety and Integrity are our core values and we value and care for all of our drivers. We want drivers to be safe on the road and to make it home to their families. Thanks for the feedback.

Good Place to work
Customer Service, Senior CRS (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 30, 2018
Great management. Great Training and one on one communication. They are there for you and your development and want you to succeed. Great team atmosphere.
Good OTR Company to start driving
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJuly 30, 2018
To obtain a CDL license, this is a good company to start with, cause they will train you for free with a 1 year commitment of work with them. Freely environment and lots of nice people you get to meet through out the company
Pros
Training, job security
Cons
gone 2 weeks home 2 days
July 31, 2018

We're happy to hear you took advantage of our CDL training options with partnered trucking schools. We know trucking can be tough at times but we think our wonderful people and driver amenities more than make up for it. Thanks for the review and drive safe.

Results driven
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 29, 2018
The company has been around for more than 80 years. There is stability and continuous improvement. Deep-rooted favoritism. Corporate does not listen to the field.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Favoritism
Good OTR company
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 29, 2018
Good dispatch, nice terminals, productive place to work. Other drivers seemed to be friendly and helpful. Long days out with around 30 days on the road before home time
Pros
General atmosphere
Cons
OTR long time out
July 30, 2018

Thanks for the review! Schneider works hard to keep drivers moving, and provides wonderful nationwide driver amenities. We're proud of our professional and friendly drivers who deliver America's freight. Drive safe.

Sucks
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 27, 2018
Many things going on in the field that are a violation of DOT records as far as mechanics are concerned, made management aware and nothing was done. No integrity from employees, some integrity with management,
Pros
alot of PTO/Vacation
Cons
hostile work environment
excellent company to work for
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARJuly 26, 2018
Very challenging at times solo driving would have been a better opportunity for me instead of team driving, only because it your team member quits it puts you out of work.
July 27, 2018

Thanks for the five-star review! Trucking is challenging but also extremely rewarding. Schneider offers a Team Matching Program to help you find a Team partner fast, and also many other solo opportunities to move into as well. Drive safe.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schneider. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight