Schneider Employee Reviews

Found 1,225 reviews matching the search See all 1,313 reviews
Garbage pay
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 20, 2018
Okay company to get your feet wet. Pay is garbage. Monthly living expenses of 1600 are barely met. Not making the living i thought I would. Pay package is a joke. 36 cpm will have you living off top ramen while at home. Not advised for people with a family to support. "Average" miles are generally unreachable with the loads assigned. If you are experienced, there are far better paying companies out there that need drivers. Schneider can flap gums about caring about the driver all they want, but it's a big Corp attitude with little regard for the driver.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
It's a warehouse job, what do you expect?
Temp Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Elwood, ILSeptember 17, 2018
I worked through Schneider as a temp agent and recently got an offer through the actual company that I will be taking. The pay is amazing, especially for a warehouse job, the temps make 15 and the actual employees now make 17 an hour. The environment is weird, its a laid back environment yet someone will burn you if it means a potential up in the totem pole. There are way too many people in these micromanagement positions, I have to report to this person that has to report to that person and that person has to report to this person who then has to report to the big cheese, and as you can imagine that sends the communication all over the place.

Their quota system isn't unrealistic, it's very easy honestly, I can do easily double the quota system if I wanted to and the work isn’t hard. I’ve seen about at least 40 people quit since I started working here, I’ve worked a few jobs and the turnover rate here daily was higher than how many people were employed at some places I worked.

All in all, Schneider is an ok place to work. The pay is good, their expectations are realistic, the micromanagement is annoying and putting something simple in place like some cheap walkie talkies to make the communication 10x better would be nice because there’s no such thing as communication at this warehouse and can be frustrating at times.
Pros
good breaks and good pay
Cons
micromanagement, worst communication I've ever seen at a job site
I did LTL Deliveries
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTSeptember 16, 2018
My time at WKSH was a very good experience. I often did LTL and was directly responsible to make sure the proper deliveries were made and not making any wasted moved to cost the company any failed deliveries. I also did OTR for some of the time and making sure I ran as needed and also in compliance with the DOT and also making sure my paperwork was done in the proper way was key.
September 19, 2018

Thanks for the great five-star review! We're glad you enjoyed your time with us. It's nice to hear drivers take pride in their work as much as Schneider takes pride in our drivers. Drive safe out there.

Remote Management via Internet Is Clueless To The Site's Actual Status and Condition.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 15, 2018
Lengthy hiring process (non driver position) that I used to thoroughly ask all the right questions to make sure it was the right fit before I left my previous employment.
I walked into manage a program that was run into the ground that would take tons of o.t. to fix. Aka not a good work/life balance. The main reason I left my previous employment. I was promised it would be much different. The nuts and bolt in administrative parts of the position has excessive redundancy and duplication that is more streamlined in similar positions elsewhere.

Another scary thing is the group insurance. One size fits all that within 30 days of employment they start taking premiums out of your check but nonetheless you have to pay your complete medical cost out of pocket up to $2000.00 (deductible) before the 80/20 coverage begins.
Pros
Good on the driver side of the company.
Cons
Out of touch regional management, states away, devoid of the specifics of the status, conditions, of site. The system needs to be revamped as to work smarter than harder.
schneider laid off mechanic department
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CASeptember 15, 2018
when company bought watkins and shepard they i got laid off so i dont have much to say. while i worked in watkins ad shepard i did like it but the equipment they had was just moslty trailers since the truck were dealer maintained. they gave me the chance to start working on th eindustry,
Fast paced.
Traffic Office Clerk/Point of Contact (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 12, 2018
Planning loads for domestic shipments, creating load tenders and receive/process inbound & outbound customer services calls.
• Utilize internal OTM (Operation Transportation Management) to enter shipment, process inbound load report track shipping summary, update carrier billing information and contact customers with status.
• Compiling reports to leadership to be utilized in tracking shipments, weekly invoicing, and processing claims.
• Supervising dock operations, confirming all inbound/outbound shipments are correct according to the Bill of Lading provided by customers.
Pros
paid time off & 401K opportunity
Cons
lack of communication
It's work
Asst. Diesel Tech (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 11, 2018
Different things every day from cleaning tractors and changing tires and brakes and installing cargo sensors, fast paced, getting used to repetitiveness
Was pleased with my time spent with this company.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 11, 2018
I enjoyed my time spent working with this company.
I was able to work with a team and be a team player.
I built healthy relationships and a support network
to be able to handle my job to the best of my ability each day.
September 12, 2018

Thanks for the great five-star review! We're so happy to hear about your enjoyable experience with us. Schneider prides itself on having a great culture and team environment. It's nice to hear examples of our associates truly caring for our wonderful drivers. Take care.

Good company to work for
Customer Service/Inside Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 11, 2018
Stable company, can move to different departments, take a promote from within philosophy, good quality people that work there. Was kept informed of things going on with the company.
Not as fast paced as they say
Over the Road Driver (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 10, 2018
Freight is available, but sometimes very slow to be given to you. Sat several times waiting for a load, just to be given something that was ready the day prior for pickup.
September 11, 2018

Trucking can be unpredictable at times and there are some loads that may provide challenges, but our goal is to always keep drivers moving. Typically drivers should get loads pretty quick, and if that's not the case, we want them to speak with their leaders right away to see what's going on. Thanks for the review.

hot trailer
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Elwood, ILSeptember 10, 2018
my work day consist of me being inside a trailer loading and unloading boxes until its fully loaded. then at then of loading boxes on trailer we have to clean trailers for any trash.
Pros
stay busy
Cons
hot tempature in trailer
September 11, 2018

Thanks for the review. We know unloading trailers is hard work but it's very rewarding to see what you accomplish every day. Plus, it's nice way to stay in shape. Take care.

Pretty laid back and cautious, not an innovator.
Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 10, 2018
After 2.4 years things got boring. Manager was very cautious and careful to be below the radar. Difficult to get to data and collaborate with BI. Possitively, great people and capable. Not big on building teams or cross-departmental initiatives though. Not for the driven or fast-paced personality types.
If only I had worked out of a different OC
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNSeptember 10, 2018
My experience with Schneider began back in 2006, when I teamed for them. My time with them then was excellent. I unfortunately had to quit due to personal issues at home but the experience stayed with me. Fast forward 11 years, I was looking for a decent OTR trucking company to drive for and low and behold, that experience from 11 years ago made me decide to join Schneider again. I wanted a regional route that would get me home weekly or bi-weekly which they offered. Orientation was good, a little boring, but informative. I wish that Schneider would offer more than just lunch, though. I meet my Driver Business Leader on a Friday, he seems to be an uptight person but I feel I can deal with that. BIG MISTAKE. Now, I dealt with it for several months, I eventually asked to be moved to another DBL, but was told no. I dealt with it for another couple of months and was in the process of moving my residence from one state to another and had asked that my Mailing Address be changed. It was all right, along with my permanent address. I received a message on the Qualcomm from their regulartory department stating, "Do Not Drive the Truck" because of my "permanent address" being changed when it was only supposed to be my mailing address. After all the previous problems with my DBL, I decided that I wouldn't fight it and just unpacked the truck. Six months later, once again, I am looking for a decent company to work for. Schneider once again crosses my mind, and I think that the previous time was just a fluke. BIG MISTAKE. I asked the recruiter to please write down "Does not  more... want the same DBL" and "Would like a newer truck with a built in inverter". Nothing too drastic, right? What did I receive? The same DBL and a 2014 truck that is falling apart. Broke down twice, in two weeks, and had a PM done the weekend prior to me getting into it. I was going to ask to have another DBL assigned to me but after speaking with the Manager of the OC, I decided it was more of a "Good Ol' Boy" network there and nothing would ever change. I've talked to a few other drivers, and they all said that I should have talked to Home Office. Maybe that is true, but when you are greeted with such attitude, it doesn't give you very much confidence in the rest of the company. It's a shame really. I felt better when Don Scnheider was still running things. More respected as a driver.  less
Pros
Home time, Pay (not great, but not bad), Benefits (CDL Defender, more companies should offer this)
Intermodal
Intermodal (Former Employee) –  PASeptember 9, 2018
Decent place to work. They give you time to develop and the tools to succeed. Not a lot of room for advancement. Bosses can be tough but wantbest for you.
September 11, 2018

Thanks for the wonderful review! It's nice to hear about Schneider's continuous training and driver support paying off. We want to see all of our drivers succeed and are making it easier for drivers to advance within the company. Our toughness comes from our core value of Safety First. Drive safe.

Decent
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 7, 2018
Good benefits, slow trucks. My DM was very good and I really enjoyed working with her. She did a good job. The biggest problem was finding an empty trailer. Always trailer chasing.
September 11, 2018

We're glad you enjoyed working at Schneider and like your benefits and leader. We have made big improvements in our trailer tracking system and now it's much easier to find an empty trailer. Thanks for the review!

otr jOB
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNSeptember 5, 2018
Schneider would not fix my truck, spent weeks in the terminals and made little to no money, they laughed when I asked for a new truck, their training is pretty good, however their p[ay is not.
Pros
Great training, only 1 week with trainer
Cons
Can not fix your truck and sometimes cant help on the road.
September 6, 2018

We're sorry you had that type of experience. We typically have a great nationwide maintenance program to keep trucks running smoothly and a huge driver support team ready to help you. Thanks for the feedback and drive safe.

Great place, good benefits.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 4, 2018
good place to work for. can get you home weekly. good pay averaging about 1k per week. Also great benefits. honestly to only bad thing about them is their excessive hand holding with their trucks.
September 5, 2018

Thanks for the review! We're glad you enjoy working at Schneider and getting home weekly. It's nice to hear you like our benefits, which is one part of our overall driver pay package. All of our policies are meant to keep our drivers safe. Take care and remember, Safety First!

productive and fun
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  amana,IASeptember 3, 2018
my current position is OB line I can pulled 7 to 8 loads a day depending on the business or 6 loads min from whirlpool Amana to North liberty thanks
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
my 30min dot and healthcare coverage
September 4, 2018

Thanks for the feedback. If you have any concerns about your position, please reach out to your leader or HR. We hope everything is going well and appreciate your review.

Paid miles
Driver (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 30, 2018
Was told I run 2500 a week. You only run 2500 if trace wedle likes you. Otherwise you run portland to seattle area only making 100 dollars a day.. the manager tells you he is an sick and cares only for his self. They only give sign on bonuses to men and if a new driver comes on fleet than your miles get cut so they can get the money. Constantly told you have to share the wealth. Only one driver Ken gets paid regularly . Nothing but lies here. The management in green bay knows and does nothing about it. Only Ken makes steady pay and is allowed to run illegal. No bonuses,cut pay after pay raise. Your vacation pay is based off pay guide from 2009.Horrible company. They dot fix equipment. Exhaust system leaks,coolant and mold smell in cab.
Pros
Great drivers
Cons
Low pay
September 4, 2018

We're sorry for your experience. Schneider evaluates driver pay weekly and we always want to make sure our drivers are paid correctly and understand all the details of their job, including pay. Integrity is one of our core values so we treat concerns like this extremely serious. We encourage you to reach out to your leader, Operations Manager or HRBP so we can address your concerns.

Very good training
Professional Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  MontanaAugust 30, 2018
They have great equipment for drivers from what I can see. The training program is a very good one with awesome instructors.
The road test taught me a lot.
Pros
good training
Cons
health ins too high for famil
August 31, 2018

Thanks for the review. We're glad you like our equipment and our top-notch driver training. Safety First is our number one core value and we want to make sure our drivers are safe out on the road.

Also, we are purchasing new trucks and have an average fleet age of less than 3 years. Drive safe and take care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schneider. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss