Schneider

United States3,690 reviews

Found 3,690 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,833 reviews
drivertruckdbltruckingmileroadotrdriving

Good Training and start company

Learned a lot there worked otr teams. The loads will take you all over the country. Management is not all over your back If u don't feel safe driving u can make the call to stop whenever. Pay is alright

Always something to be done. Alot of micro-managing, extensive training. Has good health benefits and paid time off. The pay is good for a start up but not long term.

Schneider insights

Based on 2,223 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Teuck driver

Schnieder is a good starter company for drivers with miminal to no experience. The trainers during orientation at an O.C. and TE's for the road time are helpful in transitioning from a student to beginner drive.

ok

Schneider is okay but they want to keep you on company side and make you a hard time to transfer over to owner operator division. company drivers only get paid about 10 to 20% of their revenue

Good starter company

Great training in Phoenix, they show you everything that you will be doing, while feeding you lunch and paying for your transportation and hotel.........

Stand by

waiting for freight Overnight call line hangs up on on you if you are a driverSome dtls are helpful, some are just treading water till retirement.Training is great.

Educational

Ok pay, depends on which account your in some pay better than others,all trucks under 5 years old all automatics, governed at 65, forced dispatch but not micro managed they are flexible if you need to be home for certain events but home time varies, detention pay varies by account but not great, they prefer you park the truck at a hub even if its an hour or 2 away. 2 weeks orientation plus 1 week in cab trainer. Overall great place for new drivers to get your experience and move on to a better paying company

Low pay

With no experience and staying local, I guess you can’t ask for much. But the pay is pretty low and loads are inconsistent. Once I get 6 months I’m leaving for better pay.

Great people, low pay

Work with great people and there is room to advance. Lots of training programs/opportunities to grow. Pay and benefits could be better. Low work/life balance. Often working long hours. Could use more support from management.

Good environment

What is the best part of working at the company?Training alot of itWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Learning different tanksWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very organized What is a typical day like for you at the company?Comfortable

What is the best part of working at the company?Great company to work for!What is the most stressful part about working at the company?City traffic What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Great environment and great people What is a typical day like for you at the company?Driving to prescribed destinations

Productive and organized

Good place to work. Load and unload is pretty easy. Dispatch is usually pretty helpful and lanes usually have good mileage. Would recommend to any new driver

January 27, 2023
Thanks for the fantastic five-star review! We care for each and every one of our drivers. A positive attitude is important in becoming a successful truck driver. Drive safe out there!

Great company, meh pay

Really good company to start your career as a truck driver. They do care about their drivers. Just don't come in expecting good pay. There are also some "rules" which you have to follow and should keep in mind.

January 27, 2023
Thanks for the review. We agree Schneider is a great place to start your truck driving career but it's also a great company to retire from one too. We have a hire-to-retire philosophy and many drivers that have over 10 or 20 plus years with us. Take care.

Just A Starter Job

If your looking to get experience in the trucking world this is a great starter company nothing more, these people have lied to me since I started the recruiter told me they will reimburse me up to $250 for travel expenses and when I got there they informed me that I cannot get a refund because I was not a employee with Schneider after I became employed they then told me they didn’t understand why I would get a flight to the OC for training and could not reimburse me and good luck if you need help on the road they will have you on hold for 30 minutes to an hour.

Pros

They have clean showers and a cafeteria at some Operation Centers

Cons

The pay, home time, terrible management

Training

Good training very in-depth. Lots of support. Technology seems good . Provides all the tools and resources to create a good foundation to be successful

January 24, 2023
Thank you for your feedback. We strive to offer our associates the best experience possible and listen to them to become even better.

Good starting place

Good starting company. Always have help on loads of you have questions. Tanker is not that bad if you run 2 weeks out. They are pretty good about your home time

January 27, 2023
We appreciate your 5-star review! Schneider is a great place to start your truck driving career and retire from one too. Our driver leaders support you throughout your career and that shows with our over 1,200 million mile safe drivers.

Good work not enough home time

Good place to start just limited home time. Be prepared to be gone 3 weeks at a time. The staff in the offices do respond promptly just allot on home life.

January 27, 2023
Thanks for the great review! Our driver leaders and all associates work for our drivers. You are the backbone of this company and we appreciate all of our driver's hard work. We know trucking can be tough and that's why we have a huge initiative to make the driver experience even better at Schneider.

Very good training, old equipment.

Very good training, old equipment, just choose the best account, mines didn't make any money. Also had a lot of breakdowns. But I'm thankful for the opportunity and training.

Pros

Good training

Cons

Old equipment, no family time, low pay, breakdowns.

January 27, 2023

Good if you don’t mind not having a life

Schneider was a great company to start with. But the work/life balance is non-existent. They expect you to constantly be on the road and give little home time. I was out 11 days at a time and had 2-3 days of home time before returning back out on the road. There’s usually setbacks in picking up or dropping off loads so your miles get cut-which means your pay gets cut short also. It’s better if you don’t mind not being in good physical condition or if you don’t have a family. For me both of these were priority so it wasn’t a good fit. I was taking home between 1200-1600 a week on an account that paid 74 CPM my highest check ever was 2100 that only happened twice in 9 months.

Pros

Work by yourself, get left alone and can make decisions for yourself mostly

Cons

No home time, not enough pay for work to rest ratio, constant setbacks with freight

January 27, 2023
We're sorry about your experience with us. Starting off as a truck driver can be tough and it may take some time to gain enough experience to maximize your miles and pay. We have a support team every step of the way to help you and make sure you're successful. Thanks for the review and feedback.

Ok

Ok. People are great to work with. Flexible working hours cafeteria not much not interesting projects limited opportunities to grow. Not sure what to say.

January 24, 2023
Thanks for your candid feedback. Integrity is one of our core values, and we always want to work with associates to create the best work experience possible. Schneider offers tuition reimbursement, ongoing training and a wide variety of development courses to help associates grow their career. Plus, Schneider has a variety of job opportunities that associates can explore to advance in their current department or to move to a different position within the organization.

Not a bad company to work for

Company you can go back to if you've ever left I'm not too bad to work for The only real problem is when I was doing the boat Crow that kept me stuck up in the northeast even those over the road but that was due to the way they ran things at their core opposite terminal if you're not stuck at that terminal the place is actually pretty decent

January 27, 2023

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schneider. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
4.0Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Schneider with

• Schneider
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?