Schneider

United States1,325 reviews

Found 1,325 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,678 reviews
drivertruckdbltruckingmileroadotrdriving

Not terrible

I haven't had any issues in my over 2 years of working here. There is a shift differential pay. Between day and night time pay. Looking to become a Trainer Engineer with them. Haven't decided fully though.

Do not work for Regional Flex

Doing regional flex, and coming in and out of rail yards, and just dealing with containers in general is a lot of work and definitely not enough compensation. I personally was putting in 53-63 hours a week and never saw a take home of a $1,000 for over 4 months. They just do not care or they say they’ll look into it and never do, then the same problem just persists until you crack, then they want to try to do something about it. It’s not worth the time, effort, and patience that the position requires of you.

Schneider insights

• Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Regional driver

Great company Great pay Great respect When my wife had her baby gave me a month off plus a advance of and entire check I’d recommend for new drivers pay was always 1.8k-2k

Greedy, bait and switch

Started getting paid hourly, then two months later abruptly changed to cpm, one of the lowest cpm in the industry… drivers are NOT respected nor valued

Horrible place to work

They will throw you under the bus even if you play ball. Low pay starting. Dispatcher often will often now be available for long periods of time. And will squeeze every penny they can from you.

Avoid working here.

This is the bottom feeder of trucking companies. It’s run very poorly. They excel at making even the easiest tasks difficult and confusing . Everyone is treated like it’s the first day behind the wheel.

Went backwards with pay instead of forward as you gain experience

Recently, Schneider changed their pay back to the old model of low mile pay vs hourly pay which actually helped them retain drivers and keep new ones as myself. After the change, they reduced pay by 15-25% which is a huge cut. Greed as a typical corporation's ethics. Great company to start with however, get few months of experience and move on to better opportunities.

Pros

Structured, great maintained trucks, mostly friendly drivers, flexibility

Cons

pay

Intermodal

Very strict & by the book company. The pay was great i made a lot of money in a short time with them. Organized and dispatch is responsive. Safety is everything.

You will become a good truck driver

My regional experience with this company has been one heck of a ride. I ve been with company for 11 months and it's not an easy job. Driving was the hardest part for me but overtime has gotten better. They will have you in mountains a lot I mean alot and it's really hard to get good miles when your carrying 70,000 to 80,000 pounds 70% of the time. I guess this is how you become a good trucker. Hard work and dedication is a must have. You have to have a lot of patience. Schneider is a good company. The osrs and dtls are great. When you call them they help you solve your problems.

Productivity is key

On walmart account, pay has been change a few times. Not in a favor for the drivers. You will go sometime with no work. It's a decent job for beginners.

Great place they take good care of ya

I’ve worked here for 10 months now. The pay is a little low but the training is the best and the job is super easy and fun! Great place to start! The parking jobs are as easy as it gets

Loving it

I’m honestly loving this company, once you find the right account to get on you’ll be set, I like the company because it’s a sustainable paying company, won’t be too stress, but also making decent money

Get in, get out

Not really worth building a career, in my opinion. I left under less than desirable circumstances and had to take them to court and win in order to get paid dues.

Starter company

Snyder is a great starter company. They have a great training program for a new drivers. The trainers are very knowledgeable and patient. The curriculum helps get you ready for the road.

Great managers

The pay isn't great but nice place to start with. They are very helpful. If you work at night not much help if something happens. Give it a try if you're a new driver.

Hopefully an Exception

I have heard from a lot of people that Schneider is a good trucking company, unfortunately I did not get to experience that.Frequent pay issues, no communication between Schneider and delivery locations, and constant issues with loads that are either taking way too long to get fixed or Schneider just isn't trying.

Safety requirements

Schneider is a trucking company that takes safety very seriously. They don't bother you as long as you communicate with them about your load, etc. The instructors were very helpful during class as well.

September 6, 2022
Thanks for the great review! Safety is our number one core value and a driver's well-being is our top priority. Thanks for the feedback and take care.

Good For Gaining Experience

Schneider is a good company to gain experience in the trucking industry, they will throughly train you but the load opportunities are inconsistent leading to low and inconsistent compensation.

September 6, 2022
Starting out truck driving can be difficult but we have a support team behind you to help with any concerns like this. Thanks for the review.

Pay is horrible!

This company pays you low compared to other companies! They try to make you earn what you should be getting paid in MPG & safety. A bunch of micro-managing in office people who NEVER operated a CMV yet alone ride along a day in one! RUN From this company! When cars cut you off/ cars not use turn signals they blame you for being too close!

September 6, 2022
We care for each and every one of our drivers and work hard to make the driver experience better. Our huge driver support team is here to help and we're sorry if you had an experience that didn't meet our high standards. Thanks for sharing and take care.

Great place to get your cdl A license

Great place to get your cdl license great school program however after you get your license get another job with another company. They don’t have miles. You will be away from family making less than what you could make in a fast food restaurant and will be away from home. Is a fact ask any driver how much they make with all the down time and working 70 hours a week with not overtime pay and been away from home. If you don't have a place to stay or family it will work for you. Nothing that the recruiter tell you is true.

September 6, 2022
Thanks for the review. We agree Schneider is a great place to start your truck driving career but it's also a great company to retire from one too. We have a hire-to-retire philosophy and many drivers that have over 10 or 20 plus years with us. Take care.

Never work for a mega carrier except for your first three months experience.

Seriously. Take a loan or something to pay for driving school yourself. You have to do it yourself. Then if you have NO OTHER OPTION, then you might work for schneider.Schneider never reimbursed me for oil spent on their trucks.Schneider never gave me a fuel bonus, despite me following all guidelines.Schneider left me in a parking lot to rot for Christmas, Christmas Eve, and New year's eve and day, with no work.Their breakdown pay sucks. Their holdover pay is an insult.They are clowns.

August 26, 2022
We're sorry about your experience with us. Starting off as a truck driver can be tough and it may take some time to gain enough experience to maximize your miles and pay. We have a support team every step of the way to help you and make sure you're successful. Thanks for the review and feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schneider. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
4.0Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Schneider with

Career recommendations for Truck Driver

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
  • Schneider