Schneider Employee Review

you usually work 14 hours per day and 7 days a week including holidays
Over-the-road Semi Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIFebruary 16, 2014
the training pay was good. after I was done training, I was getting less then minimum wage. they lied when they said that I would have a few days off every 2 weeks. my driver-leader ranted for a couple of hours every morning when I called to check in with him. I do not get paid to listen to him rant. My driver-leader refused to ok the truck repairs after the truck had been red-flagged. they did not pay me for downtime which should be $100 per day plus motel and meal expenses. I quit after 2 weeks of not getting paid. I paid for a greyhound bus ticket from Nevada to Wisconsin.
Pros
you get to drive all over the United States, sleep in the truck without air conditioning, You work about 14 hours per day driving, and that includes weekends and holidays.
Cons
they do not pay you what you are supposed to get, you do not have days off like you were promised, they do not pay $100 per day for your downtime, they do not pay for your motel and meals for downtime, they do not even fix their truck, they do not pay for the bus, plane or rental car to get home after you quit and they are supposed to pay to get you home.

Other Schneider Employee Reviews

An excellent company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WI 54313May 21, 2018
Very helpful and caring people,
understanding and loving. Company committed to safety. solid and friendship partnership along the ways. even concern about the wellbeing of every member
Pros
Good working miles and late model equepments
Cons
Driver (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAMay 21, 2018
Good place to work .the down side not fourthcomming with there employes.easy going had a great boss.uppermanmnet had no clue what there guys in the fild where up agesent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schneider. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.7Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight