Schnucks Employee Reviews

Found 1,008 reviews matching the search See all 1,012 reviews
overnight in a closed store not much to say
ASSISTANT BAKERY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 19, 2018
I worked overnight in a closed store other then the bakers it was just stock clerks doing their then. Then hardest part about that part of the job is not grocery shopping.
Pros
get in get out no complaints
Cons
no shopping on the clock
need to get rid of management and start over
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 14, 2018
the company is ok. the management is terrible. they sit in their office all day long coming up with new policies every day which add more to our daily duties and increase workload and stress. they need to spend a day working in a pharmacy first before they keep adding all these new things on and see how it is. all they care about is numbers. they don't pay their techs enough, so everyone is quitting to go work for walgreens where they make five more dollars an hour, making the short staffing really stressful for the pharmacist.
Pros
the weekend hours aren't terrible and there's no overnight shifts, the managers will text you back if you have a question
Cons
bad management, lots of drama between management, lots of "extra" bs, pay for technicians
A very good team to work with
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 14, 2018
there are alot of people working here who have been with the company 10 or more years,if you stick around and work hard it is relatively easy to make a career out of it
Pros
Great team, good pay
Cons
Vacation time could be better
Challenging, never dull
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 12, 2018
-Can be very stressful at times and is very demanding
-Always something new to learn
-The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with the people
-Working nights, weekends, every holiday/special event ruins the fun of those special days
Cons
Working every holiday and weekends, Monday-Sunday. Always on Call
I deeply enjoyed working at schnucks.
Checker (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MONovember 12, 2018
I liked the atmosphere i worked in and my co-workers were great too. I enjoyed going into work everyday, and my regulars were always friendly and willing to talk. The managers i had there were easy to get along with which was nice.
fast paced at times
Checker/Bagger (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WINovember 11, 2018
a day at work is like this i get there and i clock in and ring up people and bag then go on break and come back and do the same thing until i go home.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low pay not really much chance to advance
Fast-paced environment with minimal downtime.
Deli Manager (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 11, 2018
My typical day at work involves manager tasks mixed in with clerk work. While waiting on customers throughout the day, I must make additional product and order more inventory in on our software. Multitasking is a must and it can become stressful if there isn't enough staff.
Pros
Team oriented
Cons
Staffing issues due to pay
great work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 11, 2018
excellent workplace, several chances for in house promotion for employees, however they are too loose with rules and let employees and managers get away with way too much
unfair and not supported by the union
Bakery Clerk, Bagger (Former Employee) –  Crestwood, MONovember 5, 2018
Low wage, not allowed to accept tips. Continues employment for certain people who have knowingly harassed other employees. Obvious favoritism and underhanded position replacements. Does not respect personal schedules or work schedule, especially when working in multiple departments.
Not enough money
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bettendorf, IANovember 5, 2018
I like working there, most of my coworkers are nice. There are some that are inappropriate or unprofessional and management looks the other way. The pay is a joke. I know it's just a grocery store, but the amount of work, skills, and knowledge that is required for working there is worth so much more than $8.50/hr. Breaks are so short and being on your feet for hours at a time then only getting a 15 minute break isn't enough. Work days are very rigid and demanding.
Pros
Nice people, friendly customers, weekly pay
Cons
Not enough money, Schedules are issued 2 days before the new schedule starts, not enough advance notice to schedule appointments or make plans, not enough pay, breaks are too short
Bagger/Stocker (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 2, 2018
Schnucks was a very active job, almost too active. I had to be in my feet 24\7 and my break was only 15 minutes. I feel that that isn't fair being that I worked 7 hours
Cons
Short breaks
High Employee Turnover
NO (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 1, 2018
Poor training and poor management practices. The pay is low. Often found schedules would not be posted until the day before the new work week begins.
Good coworkers. Cooperative work space.
Seafood Clerk in Seafood Department (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 31, 2018
Co workers were very friendly and helpful. Can be challenging working by yourself. Its a friendly work space with good people there to assist you. You are not set up for failure.
not here
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 30, 2018
I enjoyed working there it was a nice place to work working there I worked mon thru Friday and I enjoyed that a lot. I was in good company working there.
It’s Hard Work
Bagger (Current Employee) –  FlorissantOctober 27, 2018
You do a lot of work but not compinsated with pay. You work less than six hours you get 1 fifteen minute break but anymore than 6 hours you get only 2 fifteen minute breaks. It’s an overwhelming job.
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
Short breaks, not enough pay, no benefits, unorganized, stagnant (wages and growth), ALWAYS short staffed
Waste of time.
Cashier, stocking, meat, overnight, porter (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 27, 2018
I spent 2 years with this company in many different departments. One of the worst companies I have ever worked for. Low pay. Insulting raises. Like .5 cents every 1000 hrs. Considering u are only scheduled 20 ish hours a week it’s pretty bad. Management a nightmare. Had no idea how to run store or deal with employee issues. Also store is grossly overpriced. Basically survives off of ebt cards. I’ll give the company a couple more years before they sell out to wal mart.
schnucks is bad
grill/deli (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 26, 2018
its a job that your forced to be in a union and they don't care about you. it's a bad job with low low pay ran by bad people.i would never recommend working there to anyone.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
low pay bad mangers
My very first job in my opninon a great job
bagger stocker (Former Employee) –  Swansea, ILOctober 24, 2018
Great place to work I would bag groceries stock shelves be a cashier when needed. It really is the friendliest store in town. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the customers sometimes
Pros
The people that I worked with.
Cons
Dealing with the customers from time to time
Fun place to work
Checker (Former Employee) –  Kirksville, MOOctober 24, 2018
I really enjoyed meeting tons of new people and interacting with the regular customers. On a good week I can average 32 hours, but never had the opportunity to go full time.
Pros
Eight Hours
fast paced sometimes stressful
Bagger (Current Employee) –  Eureka, MOOctober 21, 2018
not too bad of a place to work. it is fun and there are great people there. can be pretty easy but also hard. carts are easy and fun. 15 min paid breaks.
Pros
discount
Cons
short break stressful managers are sometimes mean