Schomp Automotive Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
One of the fastest growing and advanced dealerships in Colorado
SALES AND LEASING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CO - Highlands Ranch, COAugust 10, 2018
Very competitive environment
Extensive training
Forward thinking company
Great Products
Company is always expanding
Tremendous employee support
Lots of customer traffic
Great name recognition
Great company sponsored employee events
Pros
Well established business with lots of opportunities. Even a workout area for employees
Cons
Very few
All About The Almighty Dollar
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 29, 2018
The position as sales is not worth the hours you put in and time away from your family. The pay scale was constantly in flux and the pressure to sell is similar to many sales jobs.

There is constant turnover and 8 months in you'll be "a veteran" employee. The catered lunch on Saturdays is not fair for those who need to leave and take an actual lunch break off campus, or do errands because the work/life balance is so out of wack.
Pros
new campus
Cons
pay, hours, management
Innovation for employees
Corp (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COApril 28, 2018
Schomp is known for being an innovative leader with the One Price philosophy for customers. Now Schomp is implementing new work life policies and programs that really are innovative for employees and not just in automotive. Family company with aggressive growth plans. Tons of opportunity for those that want a career not just a job.
Pros
Caring leadership, Vacation policy, growth opportunities
Cons
None if you are willing to show up and make a difference
Great place for personal growth and succeed as a team!
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COApril 20, 2018
Schomp Automotive is a great place for personal growth, career advancement, and collaboration within a team environment. Unlike other dealerships, Schomp encourages a team system that allows employees to focus on their strengths, and improve upon their weaknesses. Management does a good job of evaluating and promoting those who truly apply themselves and who's personal and professional goals are aligned to benefit the customer. As with any automotive industry job the hours can sometimes be long, and there can be pressure to be the best you can, but you are rewarded for your successes. The process training is top notch and is designed to help you succeed. Leadership training, fantastic benefits, and 4 brand new state of the art facilities - can't be beat!
Pros
Chiropractic, massage, gym, yoga, personal training - all on site! Awesome employee deals on cars. Community/Charity involvement.
Cons
Very technology forward company, which is great, but the systems are at times cumbersome.
Fun place to work
Porter (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COApril 17, 2018
It is a fast place to work. And your main focus will be on the customers all the time. The hardest part of the job is that sometimes we cant fix the problem the person is having with there car. The management is awsome and the owner really cares about his employees.
Pros
Free food on saturday
Cons
Stressful
A real family environment in a corporate setting.
Corporate Service Trainer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 13, 2018
One thing that I truly love about working at Schomp is the people I work with. The people that surround me at work really set things over the top for enjoying my work. I can not imagine myself anywhere else. I have been affiliated with the company since 2003.
No worklife balance
Sales (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COMarch 16, 2018
Management focuses on what is not done and places no importance on what is getting done. Major lack of employee engagement overall. Pay plan only works for people willing to put in extensive hours and encourages work on days off.
Cons
Must work every Saturday and Holidays
Hard work pays off at Schomp
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 6, 2018
The automotive industry has always had a weird reputation. Having worked for the Schomp organization for almost 9 years now I can honestly say that things really are different working for a family owned organization. As a one price store, things are always transparent to both the employees and the customers. Nothing is hidden and I always know exactly where I stand. I've worked hard and been rewarded through recognition, compensation and promotion. I am proud of where I work and the job that I do.
Pros
Fast paced, competitive and fun environment.
Great company
HONDA CLIENT ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COFebruary 7, 2018
Salaried sales job with bonus. Great low-pressure sales and fun products to sell. Company usually provides lunch on busy Saturdays and the team is great to work with
Overworked and Underpaid
Motoring Advisor (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COOctober 20, 2017
This is a very hard business to succeed in. They usually "suggest" that you come in on your split day off. The only real day off you have is Sunday (as required by law). Management plays favorites and will throw you under the bus before defending you.
Pros
Seeing new cars
Cons
long hours, pay scale is bad
did not enjoy working here.
worker (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COAugust 21, 2016
This company moving away from being a family business, and toward being a large national corporation. The work environment deteriorated over the last few months, lack of advancement opportunity unless you are willing to work much more than the average 40 hour work week. It is impossible maintain a good living wage and have a good work-life balance at this company. It's great if you have no family and no social life because there is definitely earning potential, but if you value anything besides work, perhaps your family, you will have to make major sacrifices. While I was there morale was down and just not an enjoyable work experience. Some management at this company is good, in my opinion some is unbearable, but i've heard mixed opinions just about everyone. This company does offer many benefits 401k with company match, health insurance, with vision and dental options, in addition to several others including attractive dealership discounts on vehicles after a time period with the company. Overall not an absolutely terrible place to work but definitely not for everyone. You can find the benefits offered here at many companies, so working here in my opinion is definitely not recommended.
Pros
big company, job security, benefits, some good people.
Cons
poor work environment, long hours difficult to advance (not impossible) pay
Future looking, lot of potential, with archiac management structure.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COMay 6, 2016
Potentially a phenomenal company, but a lack of solid enforced responsibilities cripples the forward momentum they are trying to garner. If management was aligned correctly, this company will soar.
Pros
Good pay, very smart and capable peers.
Cons
Management structure contributes to bad communication.