School District of Indian River County Employee Reviews

Horrible School District
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sebastian, FLJanuary 7, 2019
I taught in this county for 6 months and I have 24 years of teaching experience. Administrators are very unprofessional and teachers are unhappy, at least at the school where I taught.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Terrible administrators
Unorganized and Toxic environment
Full Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLDecember 12, 2018
Don't believe in teamwork — cutthroat environment. The school micromanages. However, the office hours are good, and the teachers are great. The culture of the workplace became less enjoyable to work.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
toxic, healthcare
Blessed to be able to make a difference
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLNovember 19, 2018
I'm part of making a difference in my Students, Parents, and Co-workers life. I'm Grateful and Humble to be in attendance with my Team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
One district on one accord
Cons
Division
High Employee Turnover
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sebastian, FLOctober 21, 2018
If you like working long hours for free while being ridiculed for everything you do, then you will love it. The stress is outrageous! You must be on your toes at all times and good luck finding time to breathe. Cut throat atmosphere with an extremely high employee turnover - there is a reason!
Pros
Coworkers like to help
Cons
Management, pay, schedules
Good working environment
HUMAN RESOURCE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Indian River County, FLOctober 14, 2018
Has a good benefits package and offers a lot of services to their employees. Nice hours as well as working days, holidays, etc. Opportunity for advancement
could be a good place to work with some changes in staff
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLOctober 12, 2018
most days are stressful, children are disrespectful and do not follow rules. pay is very low for new drivers and the step program was taken away years ago. health insurance is expensive.
Pros
holidays off
Cons
very low pay for new drivers
Work environment
Director of Transportation (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLSeptember 10, 2018
Employees always had a hand out attitude. They expected things to be given to them. Not be grateful for their employment. Things moved very slowly. I was told my first week of employment 'Things run very slowly here. Expect that to be a challenge.' This came to pass.
Cons
Very slow moving culture.
It is hard for substitute teachers to get hired as full time teachers.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJune 27, 2018
The work place culture is friendly and helpful. However, it was very hard for me to find full time work as a teacher. I applied for several jobs over the years and interviewed on a few occasions but I could never find a full time teaching job.
There are good people and not so good people
Student Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLFebruary 2, 2018
Who you are working for depends upon whether your experience will be good or less satisfying. Many people have worked in the environment for years, family generations. Seeking higher positions will be difficult without those family/friend connections.
Educational Institution
Educator (Current Employee) –  Indian River County, FLSeptember 30, 2017
This is the small school district in FL. They attempt to serve the community. Its not a bad place to work depending on the principal of your school or if you work in the district office (which can be highly variable). It can be a very political situation with the focus on public perception of the quality instead of actual quality.
Pros
summer off, collaborative and supportive colleagues
Cons
short lunch, nonstop day
Action packed Day. Never a dull moment!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLMarch 31, 2017
Teaching is a difficult and stressful job. It's rewarding when students do learn, however that is the challenge. Culture is both positive and negative, it just depends who you are talking to. I for the most part enjoyed the challenges and rigors of teaching.
Indian River
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLDecember 9, 2016
• Worked daily on an on-call basis for Kindergarten- 12th grade
• Provided educational and emotional support to the students
• Maintained exceptional organization in the classroom and worked with ESE and Emotional Behavioral students
Teacger (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJuly 6, 2013
SDIRC is a good school district. It is a place where a teacher can teach, and will have plenty of opportunities for advancement. There is a culture of respect among administrators, faculty, and students.
Amazing school district district to be apart of
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLMay 28, 2013
I have had the opportunity to do so much more than just bookkepping and payroll with the School District of Indian River County I have had the opportunity to Coach, learn discipline, enroll and withdrawl students, registrar fuctions, admininster detention database as well as oversee detention. I was also nominated and a finalist for 2013 School Related employee of the year for 2013-2014. Indian River County School District and its employees are exemplary people and like one big family. It is a pleasure to work here.
Pros
great culture, atmosphere and schools
Cons
cannot think of any at this time
A wonderful place to work with the greatest people.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJanuary 6, 2013
I throughly enjoyed my time working the the SDIRC. It has been very fullfilling and educational.

Staying busy is important to me and this position definitely fit that. I was in charge of security setting for the school district for passwords and the type of access they needed as far as for student informnation or finance access. This was audited by the Auditor General's office each year to make sure employees were in compliance with the necessary access.

I enjoyed talking to the districts employees which was often as they would either get locked out of their computers with typing in the wrong password or just not remember the new one they put in.

The hardest part of the job to me was locating all the computer equipment in the IT/Networking Department for inventory as Servers would get changed out and the Property Records numbers would not match, however we always accounted 100 percent for everything.

The most enjoyable part of my day was coming to work as every day was always a different challenge in my job position.

My co-workers were absolutely awsome and made my decision to retire and relocate a hard one.
Pros
computer knowledge, help with my personal comuter, having off the holidays the same as students was nice.
Cons
budget cuts