School District of Lancaster

United States55 reviews

School District of Lancaster insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose

Good Job, but no advancement

Was a good place to work. Bosses were kind and mostly fair. Would have stayed longer but there was no advancement opportunity in the near future. Decent benefits.

Pros

Always work to do

Cons

No advancement opportunities

Just a number

They do not care about employees and they are all just numbers. The higher ups do not care if you are sick or anything, they just care about money. You have to use your own time (allotted 10 days a school year) for quarantine and if you go over, you’re just out of luck and no pay or other options are given.

Pros

Great coworkers

Cons

Barely get a break and no equity what so ever

Productive and every day is a different day

A typical work day in the morning wait till the students arrive to then hand out breakfast at the breakfast cart after that make sure the hallways are clear everyone is in class then check classrooms and monitor the hallways remove kids from class when they are acting up replying to the walkie talkie when called upon occasionally breakup fights when they occur I put the kids who have detentions in the computer than I contact the students parents to inform them then lunch time I monitor the cafeteria sometimes when short staffed I do all 3 lunches and occasionally hand out lunches in the afternoon it’s pretty similar to the morning except for two things I hand out detention papers to the students who have it and I mentor some students and I escort students to in school suspension at times when needed the best part of my job is building connections and relationships with the students the hardest part of my job is dealing with the students who refuse to listen work place culture is decent management does its best with everything

Driven attitude

This is amazing place to work for. You get first hand experience from children of all ages. You get to work with teachers who are professional and very knowledgeable. This is a great place to grow and advance in your career. I recommend this job to anyone who loves working with children.

very good

Very good working with kids and staff and co workers. Staff was good. Pace was good. Enjoyed cashiers work. Enjoyed prep work. Always kept my haha clean. Always had my hair up in a net. But the the kids were the best. They had alot of respect for me, and as I to them Was this review

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

I like my job

I like my job it keep me in shape and focus on my safety and other’s safety I like the fact I’m able to in my on pace get along with kids n other teacher

Good retirerment . And a nice place to work indoors Nice teacher and support staff .

Support the kids for a good education . But I was sold out to a rescore company Which I was very bitter about . I took a lot of pride in my job . But the School Dist . could care less .

Toxic

Not much chance for advancement. Raises are very low unless you are buddies with the right people. Managers are pathetic overall and have no ability to lead. Vacation time is nice but the limits of when it can be used is a complete joke. Some can make their own schedule and others cannot. There are meetings for nothing. PD that managers do not follow. Constant turnover and changes must for the sake of making changes. Good place to work if you like being talked about behind your back, no advancement and being talked to like you're a child. This place

Office Environment not professional

Office-Unprofessional and hostile environment to work. Work was not done and many issues fell through the cracks. Very hostile environment to work. No customer service for internal or external customers. Not a team environment.

Great community to work with!

Job is a challenging but worth it. To ensure a safe and structured environment. Providing the basic needs to grow and learn to be independent and ready for the community in the future.

Pros

We provide free breakfast and lunch, help with families in need, and continued support and help throughout the year.

Cons

Could use more man power and better pay.

school employment

I worked for the school district and enjoyed working there. I learned a lot while employed. I would recommend this employment. The hardest part was making long relationships with my peers after leaving. This job was very rewarding.

Look elsewhere!

TOXIC work environment!! Lots of cliques and if you're not in "The Good Ol' Boys Club" then you're immediately targeted. No one is your friend (a lot of two-facedness and backstabbing) and you get zero support, even if you're told otherwise. As soon as some of my colleagues were approaching the magic age of 50 they suddenly started "disappearing" from the district. The district creates false circumstances and concerns to justify their actions against long-term employees. They promote from within, which are basically employees who are from the area (and more often than not are graduates from the same district) - just recycling the same mentality and approaches. No wonder they are constantly struggling and have attendance/behavior/success rate issues. So glad to have gotten out of there - my blood pressure is back to normal and life is peaceful and happy again.

Student behaviors are out if control

I worked in the district for almost 15 years. It gets worse each year. Teachers are disrespected on a daily basis by students, parents, and the administration, who does next to nothing about it. Logical consequences are few and far between. We are not teachers, we are managing inappropriate, and increasingly violent student behavior without the support of the Dean or Principal. They should be ashamed. I miss my co-workers, the sweet students who wanted to learn, the parents who actually took the time to meet me during the year I taught their child, but nothing else. Shame on the administration, shame on the superintendent.

Pros

Benefits, great colleagues (teachers)

Cons

Lack of administrative support, negative student behaviors, all schools in the district do NOT get equal resources

productive place to work at

I work with young people all day and it can be challenging at times to get the students to understand how importance it is to get a good education and be respectful to other

Pros

it is a good place to work at

Cons

can burn you out if you let it

Staff

Great place to work, very friendly people. close to shopping and restaurants, administration is helpful and salary is competitive along with job security i love it.

Colleagues worked collaboratively

I worked in the district for fourteen years.I enjoyed collaborating with my colleagues on many topics. I felt as if I was part of a family. We worked together for the goal of improving and strengthening the children's education and overall well being.

Pros

Collaboration

Cons

Initiatives changed frequently

Great

This is a great place to work i enjoy the people and the benefits are great. I have grown a lot since working at the School District of Lancaster. I would recommend this company to anyone.

Challenging with some rewards

Working with the public is challenging but those that you impact, that's the reward! Having the ability to work with students, teachers, and parents; gives more of a mental picture of where the student comes from and what challenges the individual faces.

I enjoyed the work

I enjoyed my time working at SDoL. All the teachers were really nice. I enjoyed spending time with students. My work partner was really great too. It was just taking up all my time.

Pros

The opportunity to work with students

Cons

It was just a lot of time and hours

Good environment, low funding

I personally have had a great experience working for the school district, but as an urban school we lack the funding of surrounding schools. Overall I would recommend.

Ehh company

Company switched over to union and rehired everyone. They got rid of people that had been there forever to bring on people with no skills. Management rocked until then

Ask a question about working or interviewing at School District of Lancaster. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

School District of Lancaster Reviews by Location