School District of Manatee County Employee Reviews

Difficult place to work.
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLApril 18, 2019
if you are able to change with the wind, I would suggest you work there. They don't like you to take time off especially when they're Already short staffed. The environment is stressful, and the benefits are mediocre at best. A typical day : I would come in and get my route for the day sometimes they would keep you on that route all day but your assignment may change in the pm. Yes, split shifts. AM/PM routes. Management is non-existent; too many chiefs and not enough Indians type of situation. The hardest part of the job was when they would change your route in the PM or they made you pick up an extra route because they were short drivers. I have to say I enjoyed the kids. I would work for them again because of the children
nice place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLApril 7, 2019
I worked. there because of my young children. It was perfect because I was home when there was no school.. I left to make more money. I really enjoyed working there.
Pros
didn't have to pay a baby sitter
Cons
didn't make enough money
Very Suppirtive,Team Environment
Paraprofessional Teacher's Aide,K-5 (Current Employee) –  Palmetto, FLMarch 31, 2019
I enjoy working for the school district of manatee county. It is a very supportive work environment with health insurance and opportunities for advanced training and advancements, endorsements,certifications. The leadership team is supportive,caring and responsive,teamwork.
Pros
Summers Off
Cons
Salary
Poverty payscale
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMarch 23, 2019
This job could be great, but the low pay makes it impossible to live off of, so stress is very high, if I get sick or hurt, it’s the end. People that have been here a long time have accepted the low pay, as if they are beaten into submission... and tell me the benefits are great, even though I’ve had many jobs that far outweighed these. Many holidays and and other days off are not paid. When hiring on, I was not told that I had to pay for my background, fingerprint and drug test, almost was a deal breaker, big red flag, should have just walked out then, but rose colored glasses were still on. Supervisor and teaching staff treat you less than human, ordering you around at will(special place in h-e double hockey sticks for them). All praise goes to supervisor, and all blame goes to custodian. There is no teamwork here. Moral is all time low, used up data last month looking for other jobs at break time. Area to clean every night is huge, frequent calls to rooms to clean up large piles of vomit, feces, urine, blood. Hours are terrible, and switched a lot of times the night before, could be 2pm one day and very next day be 7am, and the asked why do you look tired? Ignorance abounds. If I had a second job, it would have to be self employed, because of the unstable schedules here. Again, could be great job, but schools look at our job as an extra, even though money is blown on things like the new software budget that is millions over budget, stealing the taxpayers money for frivolous purchases.
Pros
Working indoors
Cons
Low pay, treated poorly by some staff members, low pay, terrible hours, low pay, and low pay.
Special Education Teacher
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMarch 21, 2019
Excellent field to work in. Very dedicated and attentive principal. Great teachers and working environment. Teaching my students was a very excellent and grateful experiences.
Many challenges are available in Manatee County Public Schools
MTSS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMarch 11, 2019
Manatee County is a large school district with a wide variety of departments all with the mission to provide support services for students. It is one of the largest employers in Manatee county which serves approximately 50,000 students. My role consists of consulting with all schools to provide support and oversight . Building a relationship with district administrators is crucial in order to collaborate and build capacity for new systems.
Odd atmosphere
Training Content Developer (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 30, 2019
Highschool and cliquey behavior, favoritism at risk of success of the project. Immaturity beyond belief. I would not work here by chopic again. Nice weather though.
SDMC employees are dedicated to the learning and support of our children
Secretary II (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLDecember 14, 2018
I am grateful for all the teachers and other professional individuals who love and care about all the children in Manatee County and work towards improving themselves each day.
Pros
Children
Cons
work culture, pay
Boring
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  PSCNovember 26, 2018
I would not recommend this place to anyone. The moral is very low and in my department, there is absolutely nothing to do.. My supervisor does not really need an administrative secretary. A typical day for me is reviewing the calendar, and then sitting and reading. This is the most boring job I have ever had.
Pros
Cafeteria is good. Pay is good, Benefits are good..
Cons
Moral is low. Not able to listen to music as it will "disturb" others. Nothing to keep my mind sharp
Teacher at Oneco
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLNovember 18, 2018
The school leadership is horrible, this year everyone is very stressed and unhappy working at this school. The problem is with the Principle and one of the assistant principals new to the school this year. I am feeling stressed and overwhelmed, seriously looking at leaving even in mid school year. The leadership is not consistent with making decisions, they say one thing one day then they change their minds. I definitely would not recommend working at this school or working for the Manatee County School Board.
Cons
health care cost, salary (salary not competive compared to other districts, benefits, placement on salary scale, lack of transfer of sickdays from another school district is Florida. 43 hours wasted.
unorganized
management (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLNovember 2, 2018
dysfunctional
need processes
more motivational activities
good education
administration needs to be more proactive. Problem solving rather than creating issues.
Fun
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLOctober 17, 2018
I enjoyed working there but felt the pay, at the time, was low considering the responsibility we had. I worked there 2 years did my job and the jobs of others, who constantly called in, but never received a raise. Just did'nt seem fair to me.
Boring job
Bus Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLOctober 16, 2018
Driving or attending the kids, it all the same all you do is sit the whole time you get tired real fast I just couldn't sit all day long. The time goes by slow
I wanted to love this job
Certified School Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLOctober 8, 2018
Unfortunately state testing took away any fulfillment or meaning from the work. I felt like I was just a proctoring machine. It's unfortunate because I had a great supervisor, but he could not change the mountains of testing thrown upon me from the district.
Pros
Time off
Cons
State testing
Fun place to work with others
Administrator/Career Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLOctober 2, 2018
Nice friendly place to work, loved my teacher friends friends. Everyone worked well together and that made for a great work environment. I loved that I did not have to take work home!
Pros
Environment nice
Cons
Not paid enough for all the work you do, raises should be more often
Lack of support
Head custodian 1 (Former Employee) –  Elementary schoolSeptember 21, 2018
I was a head custodian getting $13.49 I was responsible for my entire property, 4 staff members under me and all calls during the day and light maintenance. I was underpaid and over worked. I was a slave for them and I told my manager plenty of times of all the issues I was having and nothing was done until I broke down and left, and even though I informed them I was leaving for the day to cool off I was let go.
Pros
Insurance is good
Cons
Pay sucks
Great job for hands on and people interaction
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLAugust 13, 2018
I liked my job even thought it was stressful at times. I loved interacting with the teachers and students. I was lucky to have great co workers that turned into great friends. As long as you can take instruction and be a team player, this job is great.
Pros
steady schedule, great benefits
Cons
physically demanding
Overall great experience
Florida (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 1, 2018
It was a great experience. I worked with really good people and great kids. I don't have any negative comments about Manatee County School Board. It was were really like a family.
For the most overall experience I love MCSB the people I work with are like family. Every job could use help in certain areas.
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 30, 2018
I just feel a need to continue balance on my job and compassion, but overall I love the children and embrace my work because children need a hard worker such as myself and that’s why I work as hard as I do for the kids. This school helps maintain balance with work and home to allow you as an individual to want to return to work. The pay is not much at all sad to say but when you have a passion for the line of work it’s not always about the money.
Pros
This company is relaxing and a good company to work for.
Cons
treat the little people like their equal teacher aides, Custodian’s
They are not far at all
Lead custodian (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJuly 30, 2018
You work so hard for little pay and you cant move up in management unless you have family up high in the school board the pay is not worth it. They just don't understand how hard it is.