Schoolcraft College Employee Reviews

Challenging but Rewarding
Cashier's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 15, 2018
When I got this job I did not realize I would be taking the place of a woman that had worked there for ten years prior she had about a week to train me while we were on the job and after that I was basically on my own. I loved this job because it was fast paced and I had a lot of things to keep me busy and productive and if I ever forgot how to do something or some unforeseeable problem happened my coworkers were always very supportive and helpful to me.
Pros
Working at school
Cons
No healthcare
No chance for advancement, very few Full Time jobs
On Call Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 7, 2018
Schoolcraft expects highly educated individuals to work part-time jobs (not just faculty), some "On-Call" jobs with no guaranteed number of hours per week or month. I know a number of employees on Welfare, despite having Master's degrees.
Determined
Staff Writer & Photographer (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 6, 2018
The fellow staff members I have worked with and gotten to know over the last few years all share a passion for journalism. Everyone brought different skills and ideas to the paper which allowed us to win national and state awards.
Pros
free food at campus and sporting events
Cons
low pay for staff
Fun place for students to build journalistic skills
Staff Writer (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 1, 2018
This was a fun little job. I mostly wrote movie reviews for the school paper. There was a dedicated section I wrote in called "Friday Night Rentals," which reviewed all films, old and new. I also sometimes wrote reviews for brand new movies. The "Friday Night Rentals" reviews earned me $5 per movie. A feature article reviewing a brand new movie earned $20. This was probably the most laid-back job I ever had, and ever will have. It was a fun place to start learning how to write in a journalistic way.
Pros
Very laid-back
Cons
You can only work for the paper if you are enrolled in a certain amount of credits at the college
Former Employee
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJanuary 8, 2018
The students were a pleasure to work with and serve. Management and staff in the McDowell Center were rude, unprofessional, sneaky and racist. Managers would leave to go get their hair done and run other personal errands on company time. Managers would try to force you not to like other staff members and the whole experience was stressful. There was a lack of training and managers would have other employees train new employees on procedures that they didn't even know. It has been my worst working experience by far. The culture was uptight and many negative things were implied about other departments and their staff. No room for professional growth, most of the faculty had been there two plus years and would only leave due to a buyout.
Pros
Students
Cons
Productive and fun work place!
Student Employee (Current Employee) –  Canton, MIJanuary 3, 2018
There is always something to be doing this job and it is one of the best jobs I have personally had. Along with being a student, here I can also be an employee and my managers work around my schedule to get me the hours I need and want.
Pros
Great staff and sometimes free stuff.
Cons
Standing for long times.
Basic Lab Setting
Work Study Assistant - Academic Computer Lab (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 16, 2017
At the Academic computer lab, Steady work during the day, focusing on the customers in the lab, not too difficult, managers easy to get in contact with to resolve issues.
Productive and Fun
FINANCIAL AID SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 12, 2017
A fun, relaxed job, A little slow placed, but pays fairly. Loved working there as a temporary job member. Not a lot of work, and the only hard part of the job is the number of calculations needed.
Relaxed
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 28, 2017
The pool is a mostly relaxed environment, very little incidents and mostly swim classes, both adults and kids. The instructors are very nice and the manager is both understanding and cooperative.
Fun
Admissions and Welcome, Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 25, 2017
got to make connections while working here. Worked as a student employee here. Also worked alongside with the associate dean of schoolcraft community college

Want to know more about Schoolcraft College?

Ask a question
Student Aid
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northville, MISeptember 13, 2017
Paid very low, not that many students working there, the hours typically depends on what your classes are, not the best management, but if your looking for a job to bring in a little money than thats the jobs for you.
Very productive place to work
Mathematics Instructor in kids on campus (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 13, 2017
It is very Productive pace to work.Kids on campus is very good and informative program of schoolcraft for kids in summer.Mathematics algerbra 1 and algebra 2 classes are very helpfull for kids to prapare them for their future mathematics classes.Management is very helpful and co-oprative with the staff.
Great place to work not so great for advancement
Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 24, 2017
Limited opportunity to go from on call to full time. Great place to work, pleasant employees, good benefits if your full time.
The continuing education programs are amazing, especially kids on campus.
experience
Library guide (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 7, 2017
I was a student there at the time. i was able to do my home work while i worked.talk to employees, had fun, got office experience, was a libary guide.interacted with people. nice atmosphere
Pros
able to do hmework at work
Cons
only $7
Good work environment
Adjunct Professor - Biology (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIJune 28, 2017
Good work culture, decent pay. independence allowed. Great working with the students and supporting staff and management. Hardest part of the job is insecurity of not knowing if you will have an assignment /job next semester. It is a seniority gets first choice , You either get some scraps or no scraps to pick from by the time your turn comes.
Prep Cook/Meat Cutter
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJune 9, 2017
Learning how to cut and prep food. I want to learning how to properly cut and weight meat. Learning about different kinds of cut and using equipment correctly.
Great Workplace
Staff (Former Employee) –  Garden City, MIMay 31, 2017
Great work place to gain knowledge, build relationships and progress in career and education. Friendly staff and students, excellent class structure and programs.
fun
Front Desk Operator (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 27, 2017
People are very nice including my supervisor. I liked the job. There not really long breaks and you have to keep on moving in the lab to see everything is fine.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Short breaks .
I was a student employee?
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 25, 2017
I just worked as a student employee. It was nice, the workplace was a wonderful place. We were all happy, helpful and it just felt very welcoming. I showed up to work, I did some office work, I tutored or I studied (since I was also in classes there at the time)
Fast pace and friendly environment and people.
Food Server (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 23, 2017
Great job if you like to work only a few hours a day. Also people are usually friendly. If you want more hours you can sign up for other jobs doing Banquets as well.
Pros
Can work multiple shifts and food is good
Cons
Not a full-time job with Benefits