Schreiber Foods
60Average

Schreiber Foods Employee Reviews

United States344 reviews
Schreiber does a wonderful job at putting you into projects right away so that you know you are making an impact to the company. Regardless of my previous experience(s), my team did a great job starting me on something new and training me, but also let me use my time to figure things out on my own too. The work/life balance is extremely flexible, you can essentially make your own schedule so long as you put in your work for the week. The teams in my department did a really good job at making sure there were plenty of team building opportunities. It isn't a stereotypical office setting where it's quiet and people just sit at their desks all day. There's a lot of communication and free will in the office, both work related and non-work related for times when you need a little break from the computer screens. I am young and this is my first place that I've opened up a retirement plan with so I don't have personal experience with other places, but from what I've told people and the reactions I've received, Schreiber has probably one of the best retirement plans you will ever find.
Pros
Beautiful surrounding scenery - lots of windows wrapping the entire building, freshly made breakfast/lunch, locker rooms and showers, standing desks, free cheese snacks, free downtown ramp parking 24/7 365 days a year, USPS/UPS drop off and pick up on site.
Cons
No gym (people tend to think there is one in the building), commons food is fresh but expensive
New HR manager is horrible with bad attitude. Only introduced to me once and only spoke with her maybe 1 or 2 times and both times were with just a chip on her shoulder, maybe because I wasn't white, not sure. Gave me a nasty attitude and I returned it to her.

Training does not exist, you better be prepared to train yourself by making mistakes and learning from them. You will train on 1st shift most likely with the angriest, crankiest, most entitled, angry and bipolar people in the plant (high seniority). You will feel unwanted right off the bat, nasty looks and people not willing to help you at all!

Once you are trained you will go to 2nd or 3rd most likely. DO NOT WORK 3RD. The leader and supervisor are awesome and so are the workers on that shift but it is not worth the stress of having to come in to your shift and deal with 2nd shifts messes and sloppy hand offs. You will be working the second you clock in to clean up left over messes which will be daily. Working and being pressured to have 1st shift set up perfectly before they come in, sometimes with no breaks at all. Just so when 1st shift arrives they give you a nasty attitude and try to find or complain about one minor issue. Even when its perfect it won't be enough! You will still be a loser in their mind which you shouldn't care about. These people have made young woman cry from how nasty they are. Do not work 1st. You will have to deal with these trolls every day.

2nd shift is the best shift to work for since there are no real expectations, not much going on besides a few change overs and just expect 3rd
 - more...
Ojalá hubiera más empresas como estás en Talavera, que te diera la oportunidad de trabajar en un ambiente muy bueno y con un mejor salario
Pros
Los turnos
Cons
Ninguna
Ran two conveyor lines ran 11 palletizer machines shipping product loaded trailers with the product ran a freezer operated computer to run in and out the product
Don’t expect to feel respected. You work very long hours and the pay is okay if you don’t have a college degree or no real experience. This is the perfect place for those who want to work long hours and overtime and go home.
Pros
Great place to get experience and leave
Cons
Everything about this company sucks
Leave a review. Help people like you.
During my time working there, I really enjoyed it at first. The pay was good, I enjoyed a lot of the people, and the culture was great. But once I began to be there longer and gain more experience, certain managers began to feel threatened by my work and stopped making me feel appreciated and welcomed. There was one main manager that seemed to have a personal vendetta out for me it really disappointed me that I was viewed as a threat, rather than a part of the team, and I ended up leaving and moving on to better opportunities.
Great place to work for making money! That’s about it. Health insurance sucks. Vision sucks. Free eye exam . Much cheaper to order glasses online through Zenni w/o using your Insurance benefits. The company does a lot of employee appreciation meals. Tom Tunt is awesome. Logan Dolphin is awesome. Need more leadership like them.
It’s a good company if you are okay with moving to remote areas throughout the country. If you are considered to be a manager that won’t leave soon they’ll send you overseas if you want. Lots of moving which can be good or bad. Unfortunately working night shift in a rural area doesn’t give you much time to explore during the day or do when you wake up at night on your days off. Location is key
willing to work with your schedule they pay crazy well have locations all over the world and people ALWAYS want cheese there are slight down times but it's consistent
Great people and great management. Management seemed very attentive to their employees needs and did their best to help out in anyway possible. The working conditions are what made it unbearable and the pay did not make up for the work being done.
Pros
Great Co-Workers and Management
Cons
Freezing cold and pay does not meet work performed.
Good pay and benefits. But not flexible, Does not care that you are a person whatsoever as long as you’re there to make them money. HR is shady , management is shady.
Good place to work, but very lay back and cant hold anyone accountable. IF your direct that place is not for you at all. But over all a good place to work.
Schriebers is a good solid place to work. They pay their employees well and support them well. They help you grow and learn and are willing to promote those who work hard
Schreiber was pretty good place to work at first. Then after about 5 yrs got new plant manager who had no family values at all and no really employee respect.
Pros
Had good binifits
Cons
Management and leads where disrespecting to employees
If you manage to get a day shift posting starting, you're lucky. Otherwise nights it is, then wait a few years until you have the seniority to get the job you're probably more qualified for than the person who gets it. The office people will hide with their food, drinks, computers, phones in their offices and only come down to tell you, you need to work harder or you're doing something wrong. Pay is average for the location.
Kiss butt and you will be fine. Always getting new supervisors that don't no how to run anything. Foreman favor certain employees. new HR is called the black widow.. Likes to fire employees to make her self look better. the last 2 new employees did not make there probation. The new third shift Foreman sleeps in his vehicle for a couple hours, and like to pick on employees for no reason. hide during down time is common. kiss but and you will be fine.
Pros
going home
Cons
going home
Watch your back at this place. Everyone is deceiving especially HR and the managers. Was bullied constantly and none of the Supervisors nor HR believed me. But once the bully got fired finally they retaliated and told a lie about a WORD that wasn’t said, which in turn got me fired right after I got my raise. They don’t care about you or how hard you work. If they can replace your $19/hr job with a $14/ hour NEW partner, they will. I have seen racism and bullying g happening constantly an nobody does anything about it!
It’s a great place to work. It’s just they don’t treat you like family like they say. You are just a number in their system. A system to make them money and you enough so you don’t complain
I applied for a fulltime position and got a very part time, they are very unfair, not very professional. Did their 2 week trial to go fulltime 3 different times and never got fulltime.
I cant even begin to tell you all that goes on in that place.... you have no room for advancement.... feel like a hamster on a wheel no matter how fast you
Pros
Cheap cheese and yogurt for sale
Cons
Hr
I enjoyed my time at Schrieber and wish I lived closer so I could work there again. I loved the people I worked with, and learned a lot about packaging and sanitation.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schreiber Foods. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
Ratings from women
2.8
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight