Schulte Hospitality Group Employee Reviews

Run as fast as you can
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 20, 2019
Embassy suites Dallas market center is managed by this company. They will not put any money into the hotel or invest in management development. This is one of the worst hospitality companies and hotel in my career. I regret joining the team because it NOT a team.
Pros
No Pros, the only pro are my off days.
Cons
Walking into the building.
Horrible management ghost corporate communication
Food and beverage handler (Current Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 8, 2019
This "corporation" hides behind a "task force" gm who arrives during changes of management... Does nothing more than build himself up with stories of his "credentials" and success. Nothing changes.. nothing improves... And the names of your gm changes as often as the day. They repeatedly let you know that EVERYONE is replaceable. Furthermore if an associate dare to ever file grievance with corporate you will find yourself out of a job at their first chance. They do not uphold anything they say they do in the employee handbook... They don't care about hospitality .. They don't care about guests or reward members... They definitely don't care about employees . What do they care about? Money in their pockets regardless of the horrible decline their properties are in. The people who allow them to use their brand should alerted to the shameful way this company does not uphold their standards.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Everything else
Awful Experience
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAFebruary 7, 2019
I have never worked at property that fell so completely apart under new management. Regional management is a knee jerk sh%t show. They are awful beyond description. Last minute reports or projects with no offer of assistance.
Pros
None- benefits are expensive
Cons
Benefits, culture, upper management
BitterSweet
Executive Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 6, 2019
I joined the team on Sept 4th through LTD HOSPITALITY GROUP on Nov 1 we was bought by Schulte. So I've only been under them for about 5 weeks . When my mother passed unexpectedly on Dec 10th. I was told i only had 18hours PTO and 3 bereavement days. This sucked for me big time because my mom passed on a early Monday morning. I returned back to work on that Saturday. Was told to give a resignation letter. I did as i was asked. My name and career means everything to me. My last day was Dec 21st. I'm still waiting to find out if i can return. Overall i liked our Task Force GM he wants to help everyone grow at least thats what he said. He came to us maybe on the second week of November. I will definitely say that even though my journey with the company was short lived. Because i was not able to return after taking my days to take care of my mother's affairs. I was told they had found a replacement. Yet everyday a month later i still see my postion online for hire. I come to figure out that the only reason the company didn't sympathise with my needs and mothers death has to be because of the pay that the previous company was paying me. It was quite generous and i was worth every dime. Schulte oblivious has another agenda. My team adored me and respected me. I built a solid team. Hopefully in my future if its ment for me to grow with this company i will be given another chance. The company is growing at a fast pace...But they need to remember people have lives. Even the best employees will go through unexpected life changes. Their support would be greatly appreciated..Lost my job  more... and my mommy.  less
Pros
Cons
PTO Breavement
The worst company I have ever worked for
N/A (Former Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 30, 2019
if Schulte come to your hotel run run run run, the worst poorest management ever. They will try to get rid of you once they take over. poor arrogant people who doesn't even care about their employees
Pros
there is nothing good
Cons
nothing good
Managerial Positions - Run far away
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 26, 2019
The non-leadership starts at the top with CEO and COO and trickles down to the horrendous corporate leadership that has no idea what is happening on the front lines. They offer no support until they feel it's time to come clean house of managers to ensure ownership that it wasn't their fault. So many better management companies out there that have a vision and corporate culture that can be easily seen on the front lines of the hourly team members. Find those.
Do not work for schulte
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Millbrae, CAJanuary 2, 2019
I work at the Westin SFO Airport and Schulte bought us in Feb 2018. I can tell this was an unorganized company the day they introduced themselves to us. We had people quit faster than ever before because of all the changes they had. Health Insurance was ridiculously high and they made a lot of cut backs since they are super cheap. We can NEVER have a steady team because nobody likes it here. Our managers who are over worked quit all the time same as the other employees. We are consistently short staffed and they try to over work us. They have to hire task force (temporary management) to work this place and they are LAZY. They will try and give you management work to do when it is not in our job description. This company doesn't care about its employees. All it cares about is making money and trying to expand its "NAME" to the West Coast. This is the worst place to work for. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME ON THIS PLACE.
Pros
Meeting life long friends (Employees)
Cons
Everything!
Schulte
Controller\Human Resource (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 7, 2018
I have worked for Schulte for 3 months. The Benefits are super expensive and no coverage. there is hardly any support from Schulte. The GM quit and we have a task force GM and now we have a little support. When we have questions we call, leave messages, & send emails and most times we don't get it resolved. I'm hoping things get better because employees keep leaving.
Very poor management even higher ups do not care about you or any problems as long as money is coming in. Housekeeping management is a joke
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 1, 2018
Managers do nothing but gossip and yell and cuss at workers. Everyone is over worked and under payed. Management will not come to you in person but instead will text you if they have a problem. Co workers are amazing job isn’t too bad minus the fact there’s only 5 total house keepers.
Pros
Coworkers, hrs
Cons
Management, Over worked, no respect for the workers
Used to care about their people, now only care about money
General Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 28, 2018
They used to really care about their people. Now they're growing their portfolio rather quickly. Their people no longer matter and it's all about how much money can be made. They are loosing good people at record speed these days, yet don't seem to care. Everyone is replaceable to them. It's very sad...
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours, poor executive management, lack of compassion, no internal advancement
Long hours and management is lacking
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 26, 2018
You can get a lot of hours with them. Management changes constantly or is never there when needed and never address any issues. Hotel is grossly mismanaged.
Pros
You get a lot of hours
Cons
No support from management
Don't work for this company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  USAOctober 12, 2018
Company focused on buying hotels and not running them. There was no culture or focus on the people. Executive management was not qualified only a warm body.
Not worth reviewing
Cook (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 12, 2018
Don’t work for this company. It’s horrible. If you are a cook you will get no break unless you smoke. There aren’t enough cooks to take a day off. High stress. Low pay. Cooks are over worked, expected to do always do more with less.
Pros
Decent amount of PTO.
Cons
No promotions, poor pay, poor management, high stress, no breaks for cooks, not enough cooks to take a day off
Quiet
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 16, 2018
It is quiet job but with a lot of responsibility. The managers give us the freedom to work at our own pace. They tend to be approachable and understanding.
Fun coworkers
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 11, 2018
Checking guest in and stocking the gift shop also light cleaning would be a typical day. Management was great very supportive and very understanding when situations occurred.
Pros
super easy and great learning experience
Cons
no breaks
a company that is growing faster than can be managed
Corporate Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 4, 2017
A typical work day was very busy.
I learned a lot and was given great opportunities to learn duties outside of my position, although it was short lived.
Poorly managed with a lack of communication. your usually the last to know about something when you should be the first to know something.
The work place culture is them and us, although it was not always this way. As the company expanded and more executives were hired it became the good ole boys club.
The hardest part of the job was the poor benefit compensation, no paid holidays and very little employee recognition and the constant turnover that created low morale and a tense stressful work environment.
The best part of the job was that I did meet a lot of great people that I still remain in contact with.
Pros
some hotel discounts
Cons
unpaid holidays and little time off
energetic staff, fun place to work
Lead Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 26, 2017
Aside from the small room for advancement, the culture is great, and they have a largely diverse staff, making the days fun and everyone collaborate on ideas.
Best company I've ever worked for!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  OklahomaSeptember 7, 2016
The company is wonderful and very supportive of their employees. They want to see us succeed and help us to do so. There's room to advance and they often promote from within. Our benefits are some of the best I've seen in this industry. I feel very fortunate to have a career with such a great company!
Pros
Benefits, salary, recognition
Horrible!! Run the other way
Manager (Former Employee) –  USApril 26, 2016
This is by far the worst company that I have worked for in my entire career. They come off in the beginning as a good company but soon you realize that there is no communication within the corporate office and the employees are treated as if they are nothing. They really don't have it together and I am shocked that any owner would allow them to manage a property
Pros
Nothing honestly
Cons
Too many to name
No Way!!!
operations manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 26, 2015
No management support from the corporate office. This company is the worst I have experienced in my career. I don't advise working for any hotel owed and operated by schulte hospitality group.
Pros
Pto, 401k, health insurance
Cons
Louisville Kentucky management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schulte Hospitality Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight