Schurman Retail Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not much room for growth
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJJuly 13, 2018
Register, wrapping, customer printing orders daily- checking in on customer orders and meeting deadlines. Selling addition merchandise and promos with each sale.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Under-staffed, under-supplied, over-stocked - high expectations with no resources
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJuly 6, 2018
Just to sum the company up... the CEO spent company funds on remodeling her house. The stores are under funded and strictly budgeted causing so many problems.
Lacking communication skills
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 4, 2018
This company lacks communication skills between corporate and retail employees. Everything is last minute and expect things to get done in short amount of time.
Great Company, Work environment
Sales Generation Manager (Retail) (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 4, 2018
Papyrus Schurman Retail Group is all about helping and inspiring people.If you are creative and enjoy working with people and trying to make them smile, then this is the place for you.
Good company, not good pay
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYMay 7, 2018
Really great environment to work in. The customer base were very nice to work with. great if you are interested in art, cards, invitations. atnt to detail needed. can get boring sometimes as it is a card shop however it is a great place to work if you are a student looking for some pocket change
Relaxed work enviornment.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2018
Relaxed store environment and nice co-workers. However, it does get very busy during holidays. Can be slow during summer hours. Management was ok and hours are flexible for college students.
Pros
Great discount. Nice employees. Relaxed store environment for the most part.
Cons
Better management for regions, No security so we had lots of thieves.
Good company
Student (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJApril 28, 2018
Must work as a good environment provided along with proper guidance. Also excellent learning oppurtunity in all the fields. Welcoming environment for freshers.
Good working environment
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAApril 12, 2018
Allowed me to develop a career path. Fast pace work environment with friendly team members. Enjoyed the product and the "Sample Sales." A day typical day at work is always making sure you meet deadlines!
Pros
Great products
Cons
Terrible benefits
Stressful and Poor Upper Management
Management (Former Employee) –  New YorkMarch 12, 2018
Upper Management would descend upon the stores and tell the Store teams how many things were wrong with their store. The store visits were rarely positive and often stressful, having everyone running around trying to fix things and make them perfect. Managers have no support from Ams and DMs when they have difficult employees to manage or reprimand.
Pros
Discounts, local store staff are always fun and mostly supportive
Cons
Upper Management not supportive
Retail and fast pace
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2018
A typical day is enjoyable, especially when engaging with customers at peak selling hours and making that customer happier than when they walked in.
The hardest part of the job is there's not enough time to complete task
Pros
Free lunches at holidays
Cons
long hours at holidays
"Coach" of Cards
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 1, 2018
Easy, enjoyable job. Wrapping presents and custom ordering wedding invites were daily practices. Beautiful cards, easy to stock, a client driven basis.
Unnecessary Drama
Team Member (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2018
Was thrown into a storm of drama and chaos when starting as a seasonal worker. Drama persisted for months and resulted in incredibly unprofessional and immature behavior by management. Anxiety-inducing environment.
Fun workplace and products
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 19, 2018
I really enjoyed this job because of the work culture and products they sold. I learned a lot about invitations and weddings during my time there. The management was very supportive and easy to talk to. The hardest part of the job was communicating with the vendors and the time constraints. The most enjoyable was helping the customers and keeping them happy.
Pros
discounts and people
Cons
lack of free time
Productive and fun place
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 4, 2018
Helps grow patience skills, and be able to communicate with other effectively, proper good customer service, which has helped with other job opportunities as well.
Great place to begin your career in customer service.
Store Manager/Selling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2018
A typical day at work honestly depends on location some stores are open later than others. But for the most part the store is opened from there replenishment and other projects are assigned throughout the day. Lunch breaks are assigned early Managers encourage staff to push sales throughout the day. During Closing Staff make sure store looks neat and presentable for Opening the next day.

I've learned working at Papyrus is that through hard work you can really push your way to grow within a company. I've also learned the importance of time management.

Management overall was okay could use a bit of help. Most of the time it was evident that with higher management most of them seemed to be overwhelmed and led to conflict with staff as well as other Managers.

The Workplace culture for the most part was pretty good every store has a store Manager who delegates task from my experience I've never had any issues with any of my staff.

The hardest part of this job for a Manager is dealing with deadlines overall as usually Visual moves are decided and expected to be completed with very little time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely building friendships at work and interacting with customers. Also choosing a gift is no longer an issue great products at these stores.
Pros
great discount
Fun
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAJanuary 17, 2018
I worked when needed. The manager store manager was willing to train. I love the product so I enjoyed the customer service aspect. It was fun working with the custom printing area.
Pros
The small store was easy, and the staff was great.
Cons
Corporate Office was not dependable
No advancement and no respect.
Selling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 10, 2018
Yikes, worst upper management I have ever encountered in the work place. They have no interest in what ideas the peons may have to improve the work place, or sales. Also, they cut me from full to part time so they didn't have to pay benefits.
Pros
great discount
Cons
everything else
Relaxed environment with great friendly people!
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJanuary 5, 2018
I Loved working here as a photographer. Every day felt like a fun challenge in a stress free office. Free drinks! Sample sales are amazing and always fun to look forward to! Unfortunate the company relocated to Tennessee.
Pros
Friendly people, relaxed environment, Free drinks !
Cons
It can get cold in the office at times
Fun Working Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victor, NYDecember 11, 2017
All of the products are super cute and it's a very fun store to work in. I feel like all of my coworkers are family and my manager is great. There's a lot of flexibility with schedule, however, my hours were cut from 20 to 4, which drove me to find another job - I still work here part time occasionally!
Pros
Stress-Free
Cons
Low Pay, Short Hours
Great place to work.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INNovember 30, 2017
Papyrus offers the best work life balance in a manager role that I have ever had before. You are treated very fair and given all the tools you need to operate your store. It is an all around great place to be and great place to work.