Science Academies of NY Charter Schools

Science Academies of NY Charter Schools Employee Reviews

Science Academies of NY Charter Schools insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Has the potential of being a great organization.

Has the potential to be a great company. Environment is diverse and can be great at time depending on the make up of the team. Management can be insensitive to its employees at time.

Don’t do it to yourself.

I was hired by the principals of the school who left after a few months. I liked the way everything was going until he left. The student responded very well to my instruction. Many student increased one or two grade levels according to their star report. New principle that took over seemed to feel threatened.

Supportive Work Environment

SANY Schools have a wonderful sense of community within the staff and administrators. If you work hard and dedicate yourself to this community you will be recognized for it. This school also often looks to promote within which is wonderful! Another thing I love about working for this school is they truly take employers suggestions to heart and quite often ask for these suggestions to improve the school, curriculum, and work environment.

it is a good place to work.

i star at 7.45 till 4.15 pm. normally teachers teach 6 hours per day. every other day, teachers have duty in cafeteria or gate. it is a good place to work.

Supportive workplace with opportunities for growth

At SAS I learned a level of professionalism that I previously didn't have. The most enjoyable part of the job is the community the staff members create.

Pros

Opportunities for growth and professional development

Cons

Lower pay than other districts

Productive Tranquil Work Enviroment

Working for the SANY District Office was a great opportunity. The office space was large enough to promote a suitable and quiet environment for concentration but also small enough to evoke light conversation between the workers.

Not managed as school, more like a business

Not managed as school, more like a business. This made for a very political environment. Was a good job until sports became more important than academics. Asked to change grades.

Pros

Dean of Students was great to work with.

Cons

Too poltical

A Learning Experience

For a company that is over 15 years old they are very behind the times technologically. The Elementary Schools Principal does not promote or support a community of growth of employees. The school is also not a supportive environment for a whole student approach to education. The school also does not promote life skills for inner city (urban) youth.

Pros

Working with Children

Cons

Lack of support

Corrupt Environment

Management and many teaching staff were under-qualified and unprofessional. Procurement laws were loosely followed and when confronted, "management" enforced coercive power which resulted in my decision to seek employment elsewhere. Zero room for advancement as the atmosphere was much like a dictatorship. The employee culture is very middle eastern. So much that much of management would speak Turkish to each other daily in front of other English speaking staff. Superintendent would accept applications in Turkish and aid potential staff in obtaining green cards. If you are searching for fair employment where your ideas are respected with room for advancement, I would suggest seeking a career elsewhere.

Pros

School holidays, snow days

Cons

Poor management, no advancement

Challenging but Rewarding

It is a challenging but immensely rewarding experience. I always feel supported by management team and enjoy to work here. Organization is growing rapidly and experiencing it's own growing pains. Great benefit package is plus and company culture is top notch. I love this place and don't want to leave ever. I recommend working here to anyone!

Pros

Nice Colleagues

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Science Academies of NY Charter Schools?

A Challenging Place to Work

I am constantly challenged in my position, which I appreciate in a job. It is never a boring day working here. Overall it is a pretty good place to work especially knowing that my job affects the lives of the children from different communities in nearby Syracuse districts.

Teacher Aide

Helped the special education teacher , lesson planning, schedule for the day and went to classrooms to assist students with their work and keep them on task. Also helped students with home work. The hardest part of the job was keeping students on task. The more rewarding part was when they finally got it and you could tell how happy it made them. Co-workers were mostly very helpful, some were not though. Management did not seem to be able to handle students very well at times, which made the job difficult at times. There were a variety of different students at the school and some personalities conflicted. Other then that the job was something I looked forward to it was hard work but well worth it to see a student succeed.

Pros

Seeing a student succeed.

Cons

Dealing with different personalities and trying to keep kids on task.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Science Academies of NY Charter Schools. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Science Academies of NY Charter Schools Reviews by Location