Science Academies of NY Charter Schools

Science Academies of NY Charter Schools Employee Reviews

Challenging but Rewarding
Administrative Employee (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 18, 2017
It is a challenging but immensely rewarding experience. I always feel supported by management team and enjoy to work here. Organization is growing rapidly and experiencing it's own growing pains. Great benefit package is plus and company culture is top notch. I love this place and don't want to leave ever.

I recommend working here to anyone!
Pros
Nice Colleagues
Teacher Aide
Teacher Aid (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 3, 2014
Helped the special education teacher , lesson planning, schedule for the day and went to classrooms to assist students with their work and keep them on task. Also helped students with home work.

The hardest part of the job was keeping students on task. The more rewarding part was when they finally got it and you could tell how happy it made them.

Co-workers were mostly very helpful, some were not though.
Management did not seem to be able to handle students very well at times, which made the job difficult at times. There were a variety of different students at the school and some personalities conflicted.

Other then that the job was something I looked forward to it was hard work but well worth it to see a student succeed.
Pros
Seeing a student succeed.
Cons
Dealing with different personalities and trying to keep kids on task.
Not a place I would recommend to work
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 17, 2012
Management is very corrupt and prejudice. If you are not middle eastern you are out of their inner circle and your opinion on matters just doesn't count. Please read on Gulen Schools to learn about how this school runs. Women are beneath administration and Turkish teachers are given double pay with no teaching certifications.
Pros
summers and school vacations off
Cons
no lunch breaks, work on saturday and at least two evenings a month with no overtime compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Science Academies of NY Charter Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

Science Academies of NY Charter Schools Reviews by Job Title