Science Systems and Applications, Inc. Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Overall Good Company to Work for.
Lead Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAApril 6, 2018
Fair company that provides various technical support services to NASA and NOAA facilities. Various job opportunities that cover many sectors. Open door sessions with the top company managers are encouraged.
Overview
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDMarch 20, 2018
I enjoyed working at SSAI. The people were good and the working atmosphere was good. I was challenged often. With the change of supervisors, I feel I got lost in the supervisors``f agenda and had to switch supervisors.
Pros
Lots of events
Cons
Lots of filing
Ssai
IT Asset Manager Senior Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDDecember 9, 2017
Excellent place to work. Benefits are well worth the employment with SSAI. Great job opportunities in the IT fields across the board. Employees are very respectful to work with on a daily basis.

The job required work in the downtown government agency and the commute was easy going. The overall job was satisfying and the staff was great to work with.
A great place to work until....
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAOctober 18, 2017
SSAI is a great place to work if you want to pursue a career in the IT field. They offer great benefits (medical, dental, life insurance, 401k, etc) They even encourage their employees to enhance their skill set by way of compensation. A

Its a great place to work until the moment one begins alerting to management about issues in the workplace. One would think that by informing management of issues, someone would look into the issue, NOT!

Also, one can take all of the training that is available and offered in an effort to ensure job security and potential career advancement. When you think that you have done the right thing by taking the training, brace yourself for a pink slip! The management is horrible!!!
Thank you for the working relationship.
Lead Project Management/Sr. Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Suitland, MDAugust 8, 2017
Good company to work for, if you want a challenge and a reward. I spent 4 years working on a IT Security Program as the PMO Project Lead for 7 IT Security Projects with success.
Pros
Exciting work environment.
Cons
Government contracts not secured.
Good Place to work with strong focus on employees and work/life balance
Proposal Manager (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJune 8, 2017
Good company to work for but little upward mobility and slight dysfunction among new company leadership. Good focus on employees and work life balance but can be overdone at times with a "we are family" feeling that can interfere with good business practices.
Pros
Good Benefits and flexible work hours
Cons
Growing company stuck in small business practices
Technical Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDDecember 7, 2016
Pretty standard company to work for. Decent pay and benefits. The managers are accommodating and helpful. I don't work in an SSAI building so I cannot say much about coworkers and office life.
Excellent place to work!
Administration (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDOctober 21, 2016
SSAI is an excellent place to work! They are extremely supportive of their employees and promote a positive work environment. They encourage career growth and are extremely flexible by reinforcing a work/life balance. They ensure that their employees are well informed and are transparent in their decision making process.

I have read the reviews on this website regarding SSAI and see that the majority of them are positive. I fully agree with them. For the few that were not positive, it seems as if those were extremely disgruntled former employees who blatantly lied about the company.

I highly recommend SSAI to any prospective applicants.
Pros
Positive work environment, promotes flexibility, committed to their employees and customers
Cons
A productive company with high moral.
Subcontract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDJuly 21, 2016
Working with SSAI was a true pleasure. The company was very productive and had a strong moral status. From upper management to the employees everyone had great costumer service and worked as a team.

The benefit package SSAI offers is affordable and has awesome plans.

SSAI is definitely a company I would recommend.
Pros
SSAI is a committed organzation to their clients and employess.
Cons
I can't think of any cons.
Administrative Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VASeptember 16, 2015
This place would be a great place to work if the HR department wasn't so poor. Lack of motivation, self centered, self accepting- forgetting the employees are why you have a job!
Productive, dynamic, fosters a great working environment
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 3, 2015
This program is designed well to help current students, recent graduates or early transitioning professionals develop technical and personal skills. Each person I have interacted with has been supportive and given me the resources I need to succeed.
Workplace Growth
Administrative Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJune 29, 2015
I am fortunate enough to have a boss who not only empowers you to be successful but encourages you in every aspect from education , training to hands on experience.
Pros
Work place growth
Cons
Stagnate thoughts
Seriously avoid
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  MarylandJune 23, 2015
Prime example of a company that will use you until they are done with you. And then kick you to the curb when you get old or sick. Management places no value on employee loyalty and experience. Then they quietly dump you with no future, no ability to find another job due to your age, and no benefits--you cost them too much. Though some of the work they participate in is nice science, their bottom line is prime motivator.
Pros
Work can be rewarding
Cons
Don't you dare get old
Testing/ Analyst
Software Test Engineer / Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VaDecember 30, 2014
Worked at NASA as a systems analyst for SSAI and the work was very rewarding and interesting. Daily interactions included communicating with rocket scientist and highly experienced engineers.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Productive, Customer & Employee focused, Excellent Service/Outstanding Service.
Administration/Customer Service/Logistics (Current Employee) –  Fort Dix, NJDecember 29, 2014
Study flow of customers, productive days, help management with reports, staff, time cards, PTO, HR rules/regulations, and I enjoy doing it all. A typical day at work is busy from 7:30am until 4:30pm with very little down time.
Award-winning caring company that treats their employees right
Controller/Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Suitland, MDAugust 5, 2014
I worked on three different projects with the company. Even between projects they kept me on at the company headquarters while I was looking for my next project. From the owner on down, I knew and respected them all.
Pros
Friendly, supporting people
Good company
Programmer/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDJuly 24, 2014
Excellent leadership.
Good relationship emp & empl
Reasonable benefits
Typical Receptionist job
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDFebruary 25, 2014
Answer phones
Order supplies
Organized meetings/arranged for catering
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
No room for advancement
great pleasure to work with
Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJanuary 31, 2014
Very nice spacious office.
very kind management.
great work environment, coffee is unbelievable!
a lot of after work activities.
Overall, great place!
Best place to work
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJune 18, 2013
SSAI is best place to work, people are friendly, and managers are always giving me excellent opportunities to perform my job. I would to work with SSAI to my retirement, but unfortunately, the company was lost current contract.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Not have available position when it lost contract

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Science Systems and Applications, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Science Systems and Applications, Inc. Reviews by Location