Scientific Drilling Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Company
Engineer (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 23, 2018
Perfect size company. Has the funding for top-notch R&D, but not so big that you feel like a number. Rewards hard work and performance. I think the number of long term employees at the company speaks for itself.
Pros
Management, Lots of different avenues to advance within the company, company wants you to take time for family
Cons
Demanding Job, still trying to add personnel to provide better work/life balance.
Good place to work, but subject to layoffs when the oil market falls.
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Paso Robles, CASeptember 16, 2017
When times are good for oil exploration Scientific Drilling is a good place to work. Plenty of opportunities for advancement. Generally good management and for the most part I enjoyed working there. I was an advanced electronic tech when I started working there and they made good use of my skills. I worked an electronic tech on their resistivity tool. The tool is a sophisticated electronic instrument used when drilling for oil. Like most of Scientific Drilling's tools it is large and heavy.
Pros
All the usual perks of employment with a good company.
Cons
Can be subject to layoffs when the oil market goes down.
Sadness
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Paso Robles, CAAugust 21, 2017
Good friendly environment, good people working here, and not so crazy fast paced. Testing and troubleshooting on a daily basis...I loved it. It was great here.
Pros
Cons
Layoffs
Stay Away from the Motors Business Unit
Global HSE Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston,TXDecember 17, 2015
The devisoin i worked at has employees that are eager to learn and promote a positive safety culture. Yet it is underminded by horrible new managment that only cares about the bottom line. It is very disappointing the stressful atmosphere that they have bred there and it is a complete set up for failure for anyone that is hired on any capacity to try to further grow there HSE department or culture. It is leaps and bounds the most despicable organization i have ever associated myself with . To have worked there a short term is a blemish on my successful career.
Pros
decent pay and benefits, some really great co-workers
Cons
Horendous Management and Stress Inducing Culture.
Great company
Directional Driller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 20, 2015
Worked for SDI for 4 years and have no complaints. They sent me to directional school and kept me up to date on all certification's in the field. They kept me working all the time. Communication from the management in the office was excellent.
Pros
Paid well