Scientific Games Employee Reviews

Long hours, lots of overtime, horrible pay/benefits. Run away.
Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  Middletown, PADecember 5, 2018
- Horrible pay. Salaries are not at all competitive; expect to be making far less than MANY unskilled and entry-level positions in the area, even after factoring in overtime compensation. Yearly raises and cost-of-living salary increases are likewise awful; less than 2 percent even with outstanding evaluations.

- Work/life balance is entirely non-existent. The entire operations department has horrible turnover, which means mandatory overtime, which means very little time off. Couple this with a pittance of PTO and an oppressive attendance policy; you will spend more time here than you do at home.

- PTO and Attendance policies are miserable. You receive a tiny PTO package when starting that will not increase until after your 5th year of service here. You receive absolutely ZERO sick time. Medical or family emergencies will get you written up; no exceptions are made. Half of the department is constantly on the edge of termination. You will be sick constantly due to co-workers being FORCED to come into work while sick.

- Communication from management is inconsistent at best and non-existent at worst. Policies and procedures are changed constantly with little no no warning. You will be called into a meeting with management over a pile of mistakes you were not made aware of dating back several months. You will be written up for mistakes that your co-workers make. Training procedures change every time someone new is hired. You will be expected to do work that you have not yet been trained to do.

- Health benefits are inconsistent from year to year. Plans and providers
  more... are constantly changing; don't get used to your doctor being in-network for very long.

- You will receive no acknowledgement or bonuses for doing well; you will be the first to be thrown under the bus when things go wrong.
Pros
Easy job to get.
Cons
Horrible pay. No work/life balance. No sick time. No communication. Poor benefits.
fun at work
IAM Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 27, 2018
Prospect and source potential lending opportunities leveraging fresher and more mature relationships.
Work in tandem with the Senior Leadership Team in building a roadmap to success in the territory.
Maintain communication with former, current and potential borrowers via phone, email, etc.
Strong Company
General Manager, Tennessee Education Lottery (TEL) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 19, 2018
Scientific Games was a great company to be part of. There are plenty of job opportunities, both domestically and internationally. Folks can definitely move up internally.
Very stressful workplace
Field Service Technician I (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 14, 2018
This is an American company but it is ran by the Filipino nationality. If you read write and speak English this is not the place for you. It is very hard to move up in the Company unless you have great knee pads.
Pros
Pay and PTO time
Cons
English is the last language
Only for the desperate.
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 12, 2018
Company institutes mandatory over time at its whim, with little notice. It is not uncommon for certain employees to work six day weeks or 10 out of 11 days with 12 hour shift, and turn around and do it again. It has NO concern with employees having balance in their lives.
Pros
The benefit package is good.
Cons
Pay is not sufficient and required to work too much .
This company is just ok to work for.
Quality Assurance Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IANovember 5, 2018
I am going to keep this short. Scientific Games had a great culture. If you are a gamer you will be surrounded by more gamers. The people are good to work with. The main problem with this company is the management. They micromanage every project and sometimes pull people off of a project half way through because the KPIs are down. There is little to no room for advancement in the company unless you are "one of the guys". Ideas from people that are not in management are almost never heard and half the time you work at the company you will have nothing to do unless you happen to be an engineer. This is why I give Scientific Games a 2 stars overall.
Pros
Laid back workplace.
Cons
Bad managment
Great People and Culture
prefer not to disclose (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 31, 2018
I came from a very stuffy culture. The Alpharetta location was a breath of fresh air for me. The people are laid back. We wear jeans and leave every day at a reasonable time. My supervisor is sane and supports me in sticky situations.
Pros
people, culture
Cons
What it takes to be the one.
QA Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 24, 2018
Bally was bought out by SG (Scientific Games). Bally Management regularly had BBQ's, Events, Holiday Themes. Funny that your example is a Ping Pong table, Bally has a Ping Pong table. Basketball hoop and Corn-Hole boards. SG is more Corporate driven so most of these activities have been phased out or just not done anymore.

Typical Day at work: Can be very fast paced when deadlines are near. Can also be frustrating when most of your programs don't work properly and causes delays when deadline is near.

I learn as much as I can to do my job efficiently and correctly and expect the same from management to provide what is needed for what we do.

Management: I rated CEO as "No" we have had 3 CEO's in as many years. Have not seen enough changes to make an educated guess.

What I do is not really hard when compare to Firefighter/EMT-I where I was a Reserve for a short time in Boulder City, NV.

Mostly enjoyed the freedom to of work schedule.
Pros
Very flexible work schedule, clean environment and great team members to work with.
Cons
Having constant issues with programs, not having hardware and software to do the work required.
Senior Executive Assistant to CEO (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 24, 2018
Great place to work. Great processes. Great people.
Lots of corporate sponsored morale building events.
Medical sponsored events - flu shots and health fairs.
Company sponsored events - picnic and Christmas gathering.
Great place, great work environment. Can be confusing as to what is actually going on.
WMS Interactive Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAOctober 23, 2018
I worked for Scientific Games for 3 years and for the most part it was great. I never knew exactly what was going on behind the scenes but it seemed to work just fine until the one day I was GONE. It hurt me quite a bit. Still hurts. I was proud of my position, what I accomplished there and all of a sudden it got pulled out from under me.
Pros
Great loose atmosphere, good equipment to work on, fun events, a pretty decent training time.
Cons
Management. not every one that I had but I had a few. Some were great, others... not so much.
Great Benefits
Packer (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 23, 2018
I get a lot of overtime. Benefits are excellent! I have the option to work an overnight shift which is best for my schedule and I love who I work with.
Benefits
Production Lines
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 22, 2018
The company has very good benefit for someone looking for long term at work. But they don't play, they are treat very fairly, you have to be on time at work, no excuse for late. Also have to be smart to figure out your own ways how to handle each tag jobs and make it easier for you.
We could do better!
Flash Developer/Graphic Artist (Current Employee) –  Middletown, PAOctober 17, 2018
Management loosely follows goals and often fires are started and need to be put out. Would be nice if there were no fires at all. Needs to focus on doing better at the work environment.
Pros
Get to work independently.
Cons
No one can verify your knowledge because them work is not encouraged.
Old School Industry
Senior Systems Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 16, 2018
Management and workplace culture focuses on "power" struggles and making money off the backs of the people who do the actual work.

If you don't play nice and make friends, there is no opportunity for advancement.

There is no training budget, so anything you want to learn is on your own time and dime.

The work is mostly enjoyable, but the personalities are not.
Pros
Good pay, work remotely
Cons
Poor management, no advancement, no training
I enjoyed the employees, the vendors, the cafe workers, the facilities workers! I enjoyed my years working there!!
Receptionist for the past eight years (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 24, 2018
A typical day at work was answering the telephone and greet guests
and make guests badges. I would buzz the guests in the building. Have friendly conversations with the employees that came to reception. I would book conference rooms for the employees. I would watch the parking lot that was right across the street from my reception area. I learned how to use oracle and the ITRAK System to make guest badges, I also learned how to work the mail room. All different types of cultures of people worked there! I got along with everybody! I guess the hardest part is when we had over a 100 guests come in for one day and I had to make all the badges. The most enjoyable is laughing and talking with people that's what made my day!!
Pros
The employees
Cons
The distance to get too work
A very reactive climate which made for an unsettled culture
Facilities Planner (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 20, 2018
Address space management requests. Maintained the data of the Workplace module while continuously coming up with ideas to improve workflows. Engaged employees to own their workspace.

Additional skill sets. Strengthened my approach to special cases and how to handle them. My customer service was tested a lot and at the end of the day, I learned how committed I was to order and standards.

Management was very reactive and caused an overall unsettling climate.

Culture was hodgepodge. Perhaps the constant acquisitions that took place caused the identity crisis.

New IT systems and/or workflows took a long time to be fully implemented.

When my resources needed to succeed at a project were available and came through and when the assurance I provided my customers was meet.
Fun work place with unique environment
Marketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  OklahomaSeptember 17, 2018
Great job with good benefits but theres no room for promotion if you don't want to ride in a car with people all day. No room for office promotions unless you live near the office or want to relocate. Also does not work well with its counterparts. You constantly have 2 different companies pulling you 5 different directions
Pros
Freedom to take the time you need, tons of PTO!
Cons
No comp time or over time, bonuses aren't very much, not organized
Pretty good job
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2018
The job was not stressful and hours were set. Had to relocate. It was very easy to navigate the system and management was very fair. The hours were not bad and were set.
Pros
hours
Cons
no issues
Overall a good mid-sized company
PROGRAMMER ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAAugust 27, 2018
Opportunity for growth.
Resources are provided.
Good HR department.
If you on the the production line make be exposure to chemical solvents.

Company Picnics, holiday parties.
Large facility, with food on campus.
great job poor hrs and balance
Operations Support (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEAugust 27, 2018
typical day is busy and fast paced. job is cool, the management has problems with favoritism, and due to changing schedule the balancing work/life sucks,
Pros
every day is new, time off during rotating
Cons
changing schedules, long hours