Scientific Games Employee Reviews

Bad
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  McCook, ILJuly 14, 2018
Fast paced for the pay. Stressfull people lot of family members bad bad no organization the family members control company and supervisor, Supervisor that need more training everybody does what they want to do. Worst company. Actually it is not even the Company because the job is ok and company ok but the way they let the family member control the place just bad
Benefits
Cons
bad pay stressful job and people
Amazing place to call a work home!
COMPUTER OPERATOR II (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 11, 2018
100% Working for this company is awarding and fulfilling. Open door policy with upper management, makes one feel like their voice matters. Best Employer hands down.
Good place to learn and grow for bigger things.
Systems Architect (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2018
Scientific Games is a relatively good company to work for if you are just starting out in Network or Systems Engineering, but they are not pioneers by any stretch of the imagination.
Pros
Good exposure to technologies
Cons
Very restrictive with few advancement opportunities
Great company to work for.
In my current position as Director, Operations (Current Employee) –  NevadaJuly 5, 2018
Having worked here so long, I have enjoyed the many benefits of moving up into management. I've invested a ton of time to get here which is expected. It's paid off well. I am just looking for something different.
Leading Industry with innovated Product Line
Program Manager (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 25, 2018
It was a great experience to see WMS grow into SciGames. Although there were many layoffs there were opportunities for me to grow professionally. The culture unfortunately became more corporate and weekly networking socials stopped.
Not fun, exhausting, and not enough pay
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAJune 17, 2018
Hard work, in a hot warehouse, you only get around 9.00 an hour, working 12hours a day, the management was very poor, very physical. There is alot of drama and clicks in that place,
Pros
3-4 days off a week because you work 12hr days
Cons
Short breaks, no leaniancy when it came do even be 1min late
Great Company to work for!
TSR Agent (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 4, 2018
Scientific Games is a great company to work for! I would recommend anyone to apply and join the great lottery adventure. SG helped me sharpen my business skills that gave me confidence to build my own clientele.
Interesting field to work in, great people to work with at local level
Sr Building Facilities and Shipping/Receiving (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2018
Company had a great culture and great people with proven success.
Upper and executive management changed too frequently and repeated CEO changes.

Daily routine was pleasant and benefits were good. I would remain if the current location of office I work at was not changing to downtown Chicago and company would assist in commuter cost increases.
Pros
Good paid time off and benefits
Cons
Lack of company direction and lack of stable executive leadership
Every location varies. Can be a fun place to work
Engineering Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 25, 2018
In general Scientific Games is a good company providing new and exciting games to the gaming and lottery markets. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Good company with one million dollar break room
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 23, 2018
Great company to work for if your young and not married.At this company you can expect to work a minimum of 10hrs per day.Now at end of quarter it will increase to 12 plus per day usually 6 days a week.In one week at this company i worked 81hrs. They have great benifits, but leaves anyone with no time for a social life.
Pros
free lunches /dinners
Cons
no social life
Was a Great Company to work at
Director of Field Service | Operations (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAMay 7, 2018
Being a director of field service was at times a rewarding job. At other times due to being in the highly regulated gaming industry, it was not so rewarding when we did not get timely support from Corporate Departments who did not have the same attitude as front line staff who were customer facing.
Pros
Stock Options, Medical and Dental
Cons
Lack of Engineering Support
It does offer great benefits and compensation
BENEFITS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 1, 2018
Great company to work if you live in the Alpharetta area and want to end your long commute.
The benefits begin on Day 1.
401K begins on day 45.
You can buy stock after 1 year of service.
You will be offered 2 times your salary for life insurance as a company paid benefit.
Cafeteria onsite for the raining or stressful days when you can't run out.
Pros
Free starbucks coffee in cafeteria
Cons
work life balance does not exist
Prodcutive and Peaceful
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 30, 2018
I Loved working at Dolco. I was there through a staffing agency and the assignment didn't last long but I loved the job and all of my management staff especially HR Department.
Pros
Free lunches
Benefits
Not a bad company to work for
Operator II (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 27, 2018
Corporate mandates were not clear. Updates were not organized nor were instructions clear. Working closely with government entities is never easy, but management does their best.
Challenging work in NOC required under-appreciated skills.
Senior NOC Technician (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 27, 2018
Always enjoyed coming to work in NOC to deliver great gaming experiences to our customers. Bally works hard to provide fun gaming to casino players, and NOC team provides capable communication and analysis of issues impacting casino gaming systems. Engineering and Field Service teams are skilled, dedicated, and top-quality colleagues to work with. Only had issues when rolling out some new products, but that is as expected in any business. Corporate culture and training is excellent and respectful.
Pros
Pace of work varied. Colleagues very friendly.
Cons
Hours - gaming is a 24/7/365 business.
Too much constant restructuring
Sr. VP Sales and Marketing - Licensed Properties (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2018
I went through several restructerings during my 13 year tenure there. Every few years, people were reporting to different people, changing job titles and responsibilities. It was a very difficult work environment although there were many good people working there. A lot of people got let go in the last 3 years to try to downsize their debt.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Constant stress and pressure
Good Place to Work
Flash Developer/Animator/Graphic Artist (Current Employee) –  Middletown, PAApril 25, 2018
Have been with the company for 8 years, decent place to work. I have learned a lot about the lottery industry. Management needs to communicate more, and listen to each other.

The hardest part of my job is understanding why they put a Local Human Resources person who is just horrible with everyone, makes it difficult to ask questions. Isn't that their job.

I enjoy working on my projects, freedom to be creative without micro management.
Pros
Cool industry to get to know.
Cons
No room for advancement, not a very personable company.
Productive and Fun
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRApril 24, 2018
Learn a lot, my Manager and the General Manager are good. The workplace culture are not the best. The hardest part of the job are the shift rotation each month. I enjoy all Computer related jobs.
Scientific Games is a good place to begin a technical career
LEAD BENCH TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 18, 2018
The job was hectic, but fun. The hardest part of the job was the office politics, but I learned much about how the corporate animal works. It also demanded a high level of time management.
Pros
Being challenged every day
Cons
Sometimes the powers that be were very inflexable
Overtime available. Good benefits
Lead Pressman (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 10, 2018
Decent work environment. Work 12 hour shifts but get a good amount of paid time off. Overtime usually is available. Good job security and can move up if motivated.