Scientific Games Employee Reviews

Old School Industry
Senior Systems Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 16, 2018
Management and workplace culture focuses on "power" struggles and making money off the backs of the people who do the actual work.

If you don't play nice and make friends, there is no opportunity for advancement.

There is no training budget, so anything you want to learn is on your own time and dime.

The work is mostly enjoyable, but the personalities are not.
Pros
Good pay, work remotely
Cons
Poor management, no advancement, no training
I enjoyed the employees, the vendors, the cafe workers, the facilities workers! I enjoyed my years working there!!
Receptionist for the past eight years (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 24, 2018
A typical day at work was answering the telephone and greet guests
and make guests badges. I would buzz the guests in the building. Have friendly conversations with the employees that came to reception. I would book conference rooms for the employees. I would watch the parking lot that was right across the street from my reception area. I learned how to use oracle and the ITRAK System to make guest badges, I also learned how to work the mail room. All different types of cultures of people worked there! I got along with everybody! I guess the hardest part is when we had over a 100 guests come in for one day and I had to make all the badges. The most enjoyable is laughing and talking with people that's what made my day!!
Pros
The employees
Cons
The distance to get too work
A very reactive climate which made for an unsettled culture
Facilities Planner (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 20, 2018
Address space management requests. Maintained the data of the Workplace module while continuously coming up with ideas to improve workflows. Engaged employees to own their workspace.

Additional skill sets. Strengthened my approach to special cases and how to handle them. My customer service was tested a lot and at the end of the day, I learned how committed I was to order and standards.

Management was very reactive and caused an overall unsettling climate.

Culture was hodgepodge. Perhaps the constant acquisitions that took place caused the identity crisis.

New IT systems and/or workflows took a long time to be fully implemented.

When my resources needed to succeed at a project were available and came through and when the assurance I provided my customers was meet.
Fun work place with unique environment
Marketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  OklahomaSeptember 17, 2018
Great job with good benefits but theres no room for promotion if you don't want to ride in a car with people all day. No room for office promotions unless you live near the office or want to relocate. Also does not work well with its counterparts. You constantly have 2 different companies pulling you 5 different directions
Pros
Freedom to take the time you need, tons of PTO!
Cons
No comp time or over time, bonuses aren't very much, not organized
Pretty good job
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2018
The job was not stressful and hours were set. Had to relocate. It was very easy to navigate the system and management was very fair. The hours were not bad and were set.
Pros
hours
Cons
no issues
Overall a good mid-sized company
PROGRAMMER ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAAugust 27, 2018
Opportunity for growth.
Resources are provided.
Good HR department.
If you on the the production line make be exposure to chemical solvents.

Company Picnics, holiday parties.
Large facility, with food on campus.
great job poor hrs and balance
Operations Support (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEAugust 27, 2018
typical day is busy and fast paced. job is cool, the management has problems with favoritism, and due to changing schedule the balancing work/life sucks,
Pros
every day is new, time off during rotating
Cons
changing schedules, long hours
Teamwork and Productivity
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 27, 2018
They were all about teamwork and productivity in the workplace. My coworkers were hardworking and the best part of the job was interacting with them.
Good place to work where work/life balance is promoted.
Principal Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 18, 2018
Good place to work where work/life balance is promoted. Typically 9-5 kind of day and hardly any weekend. Management usually given comp day if work required for weekend or long hour.
pretty good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 13, 2018
upper management has zero clues about day-to-day operations. Satellite offices are well run and fun to work at, but are being shut down; everything is being consolidates in Las Vegas
it was okay job
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Alpharette, GAJuly 29, 2018
i didn't like it make you come in on your day off and you already do 12hour shift.it was a very hard shift.
It was very hard the people was setting people up so they can lose their job.
Pros
manager had people to set you up
Cons
you can make hour by coming in
A so so place to work
Field Service Technician III (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89119July 26, 2018
Local management rocks but beyond them is a line of corporate suites that view employees as numbers only and have little compassion. Pay is disproportionate to cost of living and advancement and development is based on metrics only, you are known only for your measurable metrics. Hours are erratic and length of shifts very so work life balance is hard to obtain.
Pros
Unlimited Overtime, Benefits, Pto, Helpful local management
Cons
Work hours, Hard to advance and develop skills, Compensation not equal to cost of living
Productive and fun workplace with a slot machine room
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 26, 2018
Fun place to work if you are in the corporate office. A lot of awesome team members that only want for you to succeed at your job and will help guide you along the way.
Great place to work at!
Recruitment Coordinator (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 25, 2018
The SG Team is great! Everyone is so friendly and helpful. Food tucks outside every day. The interior of the building is beautiful. Fun work environment!
fun workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCJuly 23, 2018
working here was a challenge for me because it was fast pace workplace. management was helpful they took there time training me and showing me the correct way to get the job done.
Pros
learning new things
Cons
no insurance
A place where hard work pays off
Global Accounting Contractor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 19, 2018
I worked at Scientific Games as a contractor and can honestly say that the work environment is one of the best that I've experienced (and I've worked at a lot of places). Staff members are very intelligent well rounded people from all backgrounds. Top and middle management are very approachable with an open door policy. People at this company are very friendly and would go out with each other during and after work. Overall, anyone who works here can expect to work very hard and play even harder.
Pros
Onsite gym, arcade games, intelligent and well rounded staff, down to earth management, onsite lunch options, free coffee/tea/water, great view and grill on roof top meeting room
Cons
The massive layoff left me uncertain about my future with the company.
Bad
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  McCook, ILJuly 14, 2018
Fast paced for the pay. Stressfull people lot of family members bad bad no organization the family members control company and supervisor, Supervisor that need more training everybody does what they want to do. Worst company. Actually it is not even the Company because the job is ok and company ok but the way they let the family member control the place just bad
Benefits
Cons
bad pay stressful job and people
Amazing place to call a work home!
COMPUTER OPERATOR II (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 11, 2018
100% Working for this company is awarding and fulfilling. Open door policy with upper management, makes one feel like their voice matters. Best Employer hands down.
Sr. Manager I, IT Procurement (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 9, 2018
Enjoyed working for SGI learning about the gaming industry. Management opportunities are available if you work hard. Great people diverse environment very friendly.
Good place to learn and grow for bigger things.
Systems Architect (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2018
Scientific Games is a relatively good company to work for if you are just starting out in Network or Systems Engineering, but they are not pioneers by any stretch of the imagination.
Pros
Good exposure to technologies
Cons
Very restrictive with few advancement opportunities