Scientific Research Corporation Employee Reviews

Just your typical large DoD contracting company
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 28, 2019
Nothing special to report here. If you've worked for a contracting company before, you'll understand what you are getting. Every contract is different because the management, project needs, and team culture are different. If you don't like what you are working on, you can try to find another job in the company. SRC is big enough, and the company cares enough, to try to accommodate these types of requests. Of course, I'd recommend doing this kind of search well before your existing contract ends, so you can move on without being put on furlough or laid-off. That is just general contracting advice though, nothing specific to SRC.
I genuinely enjoyed my time with SRC and especially the team I was a part of. But contracts end and you have to move on, so I have. But working here was a bright spot in my contracting career, and I'd definitely welcome the chance to return, should the opportunity arise.
Pros
large company, lots of opportunities, good pay for the area
Cons
All government work, no commercial, very limited opportunities for remote work
Very good company
QRT Project Manager/team lead Cyber Training (Former Employee) –  Camp Smith, HIJanuary 22, 2019
very good company to work for, great people, great benefits, not as close knit as I would have liked but very easy to work for. Focused on helping you succeed thats for sure
Very good company
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GADecember 9, 2018
I have no complaints with SRC. The pay and benefits are good and the company periodically have fun events for employees and family. I would recommend for anyone looking for a good company where you can grow your skills.
Pros
Good people, good pay, down to earth executive management team.
Cons
No cons I can think of
Great Company
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 28, 2018
My time with SRC was amazing. I enjoyed the work opportunity and also had a great experience with everyone in the company. This is sometimes difficult when you work remote.
N/a
Employee II (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCNovember 28, 2018
Billable environment can be difficult. Leave allotment and flexible work environment are NOT great. Management will listen to you and sometimes move forward with recommendations. Directors don't share people. It is all about headcount, they would rather keep their headcount than see their employee grow in another business unit/ project.
HDHPs are alright. RX program is the worst I have seen.
Job was challenging and fast paced.
Electronics Technician I (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCNovember 7, 2018
The position was a contract job with the Military and no room for errors. An individual had to be very flexible due to the constant changing of the clients needs.
good workplace
Technician I (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCOctober 3, 2018
good work environment. Pleasant people to work around. always had the proper tools to perform the tasks I was asked to perform. Never had any problems with co-workers or supervisors
Great Company
executive (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 24, 2018
Great company that cares about it's people. Very lucky to have worked there. Also, working in defense, you feel like you are making a difference in the security of the users and the country.
Room for Improvement
AR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 13, 2018
Depending on the department you work for this company has potential to be pretty good.

If you are looking for employment in the accounting dept I would say look elsewhere. Management does not have your back and does not know how the system works.

Not enough diversity. Does not put their employees first.
Pros
Black Friday off
Cons
Lack of support and knowledge from management
System Analyst III / Integrator (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 6, 2018
SRC was a great place with a high level of morale and excellent working conditions. The company promotes an excellent teamwork environment. They are very concerned about making sure you continue to have coverage.

Want to know more about Scientific Research Corporation?

Ask a question
Good working environment
SENIOR TECHNICAL WRITER (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXAugust 22, 2018
Good company to work for. Good pay and benefits. Great team of co-workers. Office space was well apportioned and comfortable. Environmental control sometimes inoperable...heat/AC.
SRC Professional Development
Software Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2018
I worked a couple of cool projects. I learned a lot about C#, Qt, and .NET. I got a chance to develop a touch screen application and deploy it to a device. Work was pretty flexible. Unfortunately, management was not the best. It was an uncomfortable environment to work in. Understaffed and micro managed.
Pros
Decent Pay and Great Projects
Cons
Understaffed and micro managed.
Great Place to work
Electronic Engineering Technician II (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJuly 16, 2018
Good job for contractors. Good work environment. Good people. Balanced work and home life. Great benefits. Overall a pleasure to work for and fun. Some travel.
Discriminates against the aged..
Senior Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Eielson AFB, AKJuly 14, 2018
I was terminated and laughed at because of my age and because I wear glasses. This is a gross violation of anti-discrimination laws. It goes against everything I was told when I was employed. This is a company to avoid at all costs.
Sucks
Technician II (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 5, 2018
Hire people with no experience, then gripes about lack of results. Government contractor always saying yes to government at cost to company no matter what is “TOLD” to do with no reguards to personnel, what’s involved, or how long it would take to do job correctly. Everything is an emergency or they will lose the contract.
Pros
Cons
Read above statement
Great body of work
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 3, 2018
Work was great for a year but very limited and the company always had a way to make you feel like we would not be there very long.
Management for this location was bad with little to no communication that would make it down.
The culture was great though.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the great people and doing good work and working with the military.
Contract work at it's finest (sarcasm implied)
Military Systems Specialist IV (Current Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCApril 20, 2018
SRC might be a great company for some other positions, but for their bread and butter, DoD contracts, it's shoot and move, without the communicate or support. The biggest complaint I have is the benefits. Expensive High Deductible medical plans offset with horrible HSA incentives. If you need good medical for your family, look elsewhere. Even the vision plan isn't great. It was twice as expensive as my last company's vision plan with half the coverage, and it was the same insurance company??? I have yet to use the dental, but with 3 kids and a spouse we'll probably hit the yearly $1500 max they provide easily.
In summary, if you like working with little support and don't need the benefits, this might be a good fit for you. Having worked with much better companies (Accelera Solutions) this is a horrible place to work.
Pros
Non-Interference, Good Pay
Cons
Poor Benefits, No management support
Great work oppurtunity to Learn Java and Web Services
Senior Analyst/Developer (Former Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILMarch 13, 2018
Worked out of sun room and went into the air base occasionally for meetings. Learn a lot of Java, Eclipse, Spring, etc. Reintroduced to military politics and decision making. Met quite a few new and interesting people.
Pros
work from home
Cons
tough croud to pitch proof of concept we created
Great Place to Work!
Drafting Supervisor/Designer (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 12, 2018
SRC is one of the best places I have had the privilege of working at. I learned a lot about working on DOD contracts and the government. Management was very good all around. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast-paced environment. The hardest part of the job was getting laid off in a down economy :(
Pros
Great Management & coworkers!
Cons
It came to an end...
Stress Free Environment
Mission Staff Support (Current Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAFebruary 22, 2018
Great place to work. Stress-free environment and you have flexibility using sick leave for your Dr. appointments. We have quarterly company luncheons.
Pros
Free 30min lunch break
Cons
Company's 401K match is low

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scientific Research Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

4.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight