Scientific Research Corporation Employee Reviews

Room for Improvement
AR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 13, 2018
Depending on the department you work for this company has potential to be pretty good.

If you are looking for employment in the accounting dept I would say look elsewhere. Management does not have your back and does not know how the system works.

Not enough diversity. Does not put their employees first.
Pros
Black Friday off
Cons
Lack of support and knowledge from management
System Analyst III / Integrator (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 6, 2018
SRC was a great place with a high level of morale and excellent working conditions. The company promotes an excellent teamwork environment. They are very concerned about making sure you continue to have coverage.
Great Place to work
Electronic Engineering Technician II (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJuly 16, 2018
Good job for contractors. Good work environment. Good people. Balanced work and home life. Great benefits. Overall a pleasure to work for and fun. Some travel.
Discriminates against the aged..
Senior Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Eielson AFB, AKJuly 14, 2018
I was terminated and laughed at because of my age and because I wear glasses. This is a gross violation of anti-discrimination laws. It goes against everything I was told when I was employed. This is a company to avoid at all costs.
Sucks
Technician II (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 5, 2018
Hire people with no experience, then gripes about lack of results. Government contractor always saying yes to government at cost to company no matter what is “TOLD” to do with no reguards to personnel, what’s involved, or how long it would take to do job correctly. Everything is an emergency or they will lose the contract.
Pros
Cons
Read above statement
Great body of work
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 3, 2018
Work was great for a year but very limited and the company always had a way to make you feel like we would not be there very long.
Management for this location was bad with little to no communication that would make it down.
The culture was great though.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the great people and doing good work and working with the military.
Contract work at it's finest (sarcasm implied)
Military Systems Specialist IV (Current Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCApril 20, 2018
SRC might be a great company for some other positions, but for their bread and butter, DoD contracts, it's shoot and move, without the communicate or support. The biggest complaint I have is the benefits. Expensive High Deductible medical plans offset with horrible HSA incentives. If you need good medical for your family, look elsewhere. Even the vision plan isn't great. It was twice as expensive as my last company's vision plan with half the coverage, and it was the same insurance company??? I have yet to use the dental, but with 3 kids and a spouse we'll probably hit the yearly $1500 max they provide easily.
In summary, if you like working with little support and don't need the benefits, this might be a good fit for you. Having worked with much better companies (Accelera Solutions) this is a horrible place to work.
Pros
Non-Interference, Good Pay
Cons
Poor Benefits, No management support
Great work oppurtunity to Learn Java and Web Services
Senior Analyst/Developer (Former Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILMarch 13, 2018
Worked out of sun room and went into the air base occasionally for meetings. Learn a lot of Java, Eclipse, Spring, etc. Reintroduced to military politics and decision making. Met quite a few new and interesting people.
Pros
work from home
Cons
tough croud to pitch proof of concept we created
Great Place to Work!
Drafting Supervisor/Designer (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 12, 2018
SRC is one of the best places I have had the privilege of working at. I learned a lot about working on DOD contracts and the government. Management was very good all around. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast-paced environment. The hardest part of the job was getting laid off in a down economy :(
Pros
Great Management & coworkers!
Cons
It came to an end...
Stress Free Environment
Mission Staff Support (Current Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAFebruary 22, 2018
Great place to work. Stress-free environment and you have flexibility using sick leave for your Dr. appointments. We have quarterly company luncheons.
Pros
Free 30min lunch break
Cons
Company's 401K match is low
Steady Work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCFebruary 18, 2018
Great place to work if you want to stay busy and do not have to worry where your next job is going to be at in the next 6 - 12 months. There is always something to do here. The benefits are great at this company.
Pros
Job security, benefits, people
Cons
Lack of upward mobility
Good company, but slow to vest
Senior Atmospheric and Space Scientist (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCFebruary 6, 2018
I was hired as a contractor for SPAWAR-Atlantic. Typically spend half of my time in the contractor office, and the other half at the customer site. Thrown into a fluid situation, but felt comfortable with my immediate supervision and those I'd been hired to lead. Workplace was fun, and I enjoyed the work I did. I did not enjoy supporting the government customer, and am extremely disappointed at their laziness and selfishness. The only thing I can recommend is make sure you can get a good 6 years of employment, otherwise the profit sharing / 401k matching will not vest.
Pros
Free coffee, tea, cocoa
Cons
Government customer
Productive Great Place To Work Awesome communication with management
Sr. Technician Cable Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJanuary 12, 2018
Outstanding work place, internal learning for future contracts, Advancement for growth from tech to management. Great salary and benefits. Available vacations, sick leave, 401-K
Pros
Courses for succeeding, internal growth, excellent pay
Cons
Some days slow, nothing to do
A great company to partner with for short - medium term
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCDecember 27, 2017
Overall I would recommend this company as a excellent career starter or place for a seasoned professional to increase skills and develop in the short-medium term 1.5-3 years.

The office is located approximately 15 minutes away from the Charleston International Airport and very close to Joint Base Charleston / Naval Weapons Station. The office environment is very quiet and calm but most SRC employees work on-site with their customer, not at the corporate office.

Most people at the company seem happy to be working there. I would work at the company for a longer term but it appears impossible to grow in this company beyond senior engineer. There doesn't appear to be any room for growth, no program to develop employees into managers, and managers stay in place and eventually get promoted.

There are plenty of hi-tech jobs supporting the Gov't / military in SRC, so there is very little real innovation. Adoption of new technology is slow and corporate culture is slow to adapt to modern times. The employees who work at the company are the greatest part of working for this company. I just wish there was more camaraderie or team spirit in the company so that we could feel connected.
Pros
Food Trucks in the back of the building each day selling food, and the office is in close vicinity to Park Circle Restaurants
Cons
Very few paid vacation days, only 10 days vacation/yr to start. You accrue up to 15 after 5 years with the company.
It's is awesome when working as a scientist
Scientist (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 25, 2017
When you go over there people are going to ask you many question like are you going to find the cure for these certain desiase cancer etc. But it fun just enjoy it
Pros
Free pay when of
Cons
Long breaks
Overall Good
Directo (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaDecember 23, 2017
It is an overall good company. As a smaller company, there is limited opportunity to advance. The work is interesting in a variety of specialties from cyber to intelligence.
Pros
Interesting work, experience
Cons
Small
Great Place to Work and I enjoy the atmosphere.
Senior Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 14, 2017
Seriously take a tour and consider this company. It is a great place to work.The atmosphere and benefits are good and the company has a really good reputation as a contracting company so they WIN contracts! Work is always there.
Pros
Take care of their people
Typical work enviroment
BN Lead Engineer/ Analyst III (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 2, 2017
Overall great company to work for. Great employees, and great atmosphere. 40 hour work weeks with paid holidays and paid time off. Have phase where heavy work load requires Over time and weekend work, including travel.
Great Government Projects
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 23, 2017
SPAWAR seems to be the issue with many of the projects in N. Charleston. Lack of direction from the government employees assigned to the project. Many of the employees on the project seem to be just riding the wave and the SRC management just lets them. There does not seem to be any accountability for time worked or level of effort worked. Some of the services produced are crazy awesome and will do the Navy a lot of good. Only if Management can get people off their rear ends and stop the unnecessary hours of hanging around talking. as with most of the contracts, I have worked in N.Charleston (4) 20% are actually doing the work while the 80% ride the coattails.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
poor management
Great to work for
Senior Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 14, 2017
The working management was great at SRC. The HR department was understaffed and not able to process issues quickly. This was just a contract job, so it was know upfront what term of the contract was.
I felt valued for my skills at SRC.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Limited Job Security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scientific Research Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

4.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight