SciMetrika Employee Reviews

Productive and friendly environment
Toxicologist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 1, 2017
A typical work day is sitting and working on your computer all day, and occasionally snacking on free food. I learned a lot working at SciMetrika, including working with and satisfying FDA needs, regulatory science, high quality technical documentation and reviews, multitasking and time management, working in a team, just to name a few. The management is not so great. Awesome workplace culture. What I liked most about the job is the flexibility in work hours, allowing for a work-life balance. They also provide lots of health free snacks in the break room. However, the hardest part of the job is meeting very tight deadlines, sometimes requiring you to work for very long hours.
Pros
Free snacks, health and wellness programs, telecommuting options, excellent benefit package
Cons
sometimes deadlines are unrealistic, poor management
Fun place to work
Public Health Surveillance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 27, 2016
Was a contractor for CDC. Work hours was typical Monday to Friday with great hours. There are lots of training so you learn a lots. The management really do care about progress and have the tools to allow you to succeed. Co workers were nice and worked well. Most enjoyable part is having to hear firsthand public health concerns and coming toward to solve them.
Pros
benefits, free club membership
Cons
Its a nice place to work
HR Specialist (Internship) (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 29, 2015
The employees here are so genuine. The leadership team really does try to create a working environment in which employees can be creative in their work and take ownership over their work.
Contracting Company
Public Health Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 8, 2015
The work is basic to public health and government. Good work environment as it would be at any other company however does encourage a healthy lifestyle. When looking at the company make sure you understand the benefits package including the health insurance it is not the best. Once you are on a particular contract and you see they have won a new contract or have an opening on another contract that interest you they will not move you even if you are well qualified, thus NO room for advancement at your pace. Only time they will move you is when the contract is over, which is good because you still have a job however you will not receive the professional development you desire at your pace. If the client does not like you they do not move you to another contract, they just fire you.
Pros
salary
Cons
benefits, advancement, professional development non existence
Great Company
Global Health Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2013
Great Company, Benefits & Opportunities
Enjoy working here
Challenging environment with great benefits
Employee (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 11, 2013
My co-workers are awesome. I have the pleasure in working with everyone in the company. In this position I've been granted the opportunity to wear many hats and develop as an individual and venture more into the realm of strategic planning and emerging markets. There is no such thing as a typical day in the life of government contracting. We are often given a lot of "hurry up" and "wait" scenarios. The most enjoyable part of my job is the wonderful people I interact with both internally and externally. The most challenging part of my job is attributed to the instability of government contracts. In this position, I've learned to always put your best foot forward and people genuinely appreciate great customer service!
Pros
Flexible work hours, benefits, unlimited food!
Cons
Instability due to sequestration. Morale is somewhat challenged.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SciMetrika. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3