SCIO Health Analytics Employee Reviews

Poor management, very rude
RUG AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Work from homeJuly 4, 2018
Job security is nil. I was with SCIO for 5 years, the with no notice, no warning, 8 of us Auditors were told our positions were eliminated due to reduction in workload. They lost accounts due to poor management and not following CMS’ guidelines. Result: those of us that were there the longest were let go. Management plays favorites, are rude and condescending. Don’t dare ask for help. I have heard them on weekly calls berate auditors when they asked questions. And the computer software continually is breaking down. The company was recently bought by another resulting in absolutely no job security.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No job security. Poor management. Software issues.
Flexible Remote Jobs
Home Health Auditor (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJune 28, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job was the flexibility and the independence. Most appreciative of the knowledge I gained through their trainings and experience
Pros
Remote/flexible
Cons
NO job security
Awful management
DRG auditor (Former Employee) –  WFHJune 26, 2018
DRG auditor team leader was very unprofessional mean and hateful. No leadership skills. Very demanding and demeaning. Computer system was terrible, no guidelines
Easygoing
Data Entry Specialist (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Carnegie, PAFebruary 21, 2018
Easygoing place with decent pay and fine work, however it's temporary and they will eliminate you at the drop of a hat without any warning, despite whether or not you ask for one as a courtesy.
Pros
Pizza
Cons
lol (but truly not many, it's a pretty hands-off environment)
Relaxed
Coder Auditor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 22, 2018
Pay well, good people, outstanding workplace; culture is great! Work at your pace without micromanaging. Great management team. Wouldn't ask for a better group of people.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Location; benefits
Ok place to work if you are not so social with others.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLOctober 25, 2017
Scio health Analytics is a remarkable place to meet great people who are working to keep their food on the table. There are no education opportunities for advancement. Management sometimes can be a little evasive when there are issues. New clients implementations are not well informed to the coordinators to developing well organized flow on the process of the client wishes. there are many issues at the company were a employee open forum will address some of the issues that can be turned around and make the company more effective in its progress of growing.
Pros
flexible work hours, Cultural awareness
Cons
health insurance, No higher education incentives, employee reconitions
If pivot tables are your passion, this place is for you.
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 28, 2017
For my particular position, a typical day is very routine and repetitive. As this was my first position in collections, it was valuable to learn the outbound and inbound scripts SCIO used for this position. SCIO does not micro-manage their employees, but on the other hand, they leave it up to the employee to further their career goals and do not seek feedback on what or how they are doing.
Great people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 23, 2017
Executive leaders rather poor about conveying strategy and aligning resources to execute the strategy. Day to day employees are great to work with. Company has trouble with retention. Work life balance is a plus. Flexible schedule and managers willing to work with you
Pros
People
Cons
Executive leadership doesnt have clue how to run company
productive
Client Engagement Director (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutJuly 22, 2017
fast paste, ability to learn a lot, work with global employees, multi-cultural company, work with great people. More oversight in local offices,improve medical insurance
Expect to work 24/7
RETAIL PHARMACY ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJuly 1, 2017
Expect to work many more hours than you can actually clock in for or get paid for including holidays and weekends. Not all travel time is paid either, most of your travel time is considered "your own time" when flying.
Pros
The travel
Cons
Working 24/7 7 days a week literally
good company to work
Director, Client Services (Former Employee) –  NJMay 23, 2017
strategy was not aligned with current technological advancements. open culture. messy management structure. constantly changing structure and strategy and direction
Stay Away!!!! Do yourself a favor and Look Elsewhere
Mailroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 28, 2017
Don't expect to do all the responsibilities listed. They'll stick you with one job and keep you there. Write up sounds better than the reality of it. Never came across such unfriendly people. They can't even say good morning. A few of them emit the impression that they're not liking you in their territory...apparently they don't like new people. Their dress is atrocious!!! No professionalism in that place.
Pros
There are none
unrealistic expectations; expect work 24/7
anonymous (Former Employee) –  anonymousOctober 16, 2016
Manager is petty and spiteful. unrealistic working hours. unrealistic deadlines. Now I know why I've heard people run from there
Cons
should have listened to others who considered working there
Unrealistic Expectations. No work life balance!
Management (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 30, 2016
Within days of working for the company, I was to provide a detailed proposal on business strategy. Horrible senior leadership. COO was demanding, unrealistic and expected people to work 24/7. Relocated for position and went right back home soon after, nightmare! Have since used Scio as my baseline for company cultures I do not want to work for.
Pros
Enjoyed being in Florida
Cons
Poor vision, senior leadership, lack of appreciation
Unclear strategy
Vice President, Strategic Business Development (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTDecember 3, 2015
Lack appreciation, limited growth potential, facilities are not up to expected standards, retention has been spotty, benefit cost structure is poor.
Excellent company to work for!
Pharmacy Analyst (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 7, 2015
After working retail, LTC, hospital for past 15 years PBM was my next logical step.

SCIO recruited me as a remote auditor with 75% travel in April, started in May and I love it!
Pros
Great pay, benefits, traveling
Cons
Being away from home 75% is stressful, not recommended if you have a family.
Internet/E-mail games/all interactive and learning
SNF Auditor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 28, 2015
SCIO Health Analytics was a wonderful opportunity given to me. I did enjoy working from home and going to On-site facilities to perform audits as needed. I was given the opportunity to grow with the company and the opportunity to get involved with all activities offered by the different departments.
Pros
home workers never forgotten
Cons
Sometimes felt disconnected
Flexible work hours, room for growth and biz casual.
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 14, 2015
I'm a newbie but so far I'm enjoying compared to some other jobs I've held. You have to do the work but not held to a 9-5. You can dress comfortably. They have a pretty good break room with coffee, espresso, teas etc. My comp is fair and my benefits are actually the least costly of any job ever.

The company is growing by leaps and bounds so there are some growing pains but there's also a lot of room for growth. They have merged/acquired 2 companies recently and seem to be growing not only in the US but globally.

Most of the people who work here seem to be really nice and approachable too.

I'll have to circle back around in a year and check in again!
Pros
Break room, attire, hours, benefits.
Cons
For me - my commute but I'm hoping to take advantage of WFH from time to time.
was working from home, not my favorite thing
Home Health Auditor (Former Employee) –  homeNovember 30, 2014
The hours are long, and the exspectations of the company or not logical, it is hours and hours every day, you must be able to take lots of solitude
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
long hours, very stressful
N/a
Manager-Clinical Operations (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 21, 2014
Manage day to day activities of operations. Maintain program integrity of the functional area and manage the process in its entirety