SCIOTO COUNTRY CLUB Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioMarch 21, 2019
Enjoyed working at Scioto and appreciated the management staff helping with work/life balance. Great training if you have the desire to learn and ask questions. Great pay and excellent benefits for staff!
Pros
Free lunch
Tolerable, Little Room for Advancement
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 18, 2019
I would recommend this job to anyone who has friends here or can handle dealing with the attitudes of people who attend the country club. You will be bending over backward for the patrons, more so than at any other job. Management can be neurotic at times but as long as you can make friends with other staff, there shouldn't be much of a problem. The hardest part of my job as the pool grille worker was restocking ingredients as you ran out. The pool grille would get slammed on certain days and management will understaff areas needing help and overstaff other areas. So you often get slammed with little help. The most enjoyable part about this job were the other employees, they make it tolerable because they are the only people you can relate to or even talk to while you're there so you become close-knit.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Managers can be neurotic, and customers are picky
fast paced working environment within an ever-evolving culture
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 17, 2019
I have learned that each day at work, regardless of the length of it's agenda, involves many interchangeable working parts.

I have also discovered the benefits of learning to enjoy working in a team environment, as well as striving for common goals.

I personally most enjoyed serving as a facilitator to a co-worker looking to find their own particular niche within our operation.

I have found that the most significant challenges come with high rates of turnover within the most integral administrative roles of an operation.
Pros
good people; stable, well-structured environment
Cons
nights, weekends and holidays
Scioto provided a stable and comfortable environment to work.
Assistant - Caddy/Outside Operations/Bag Room (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 27, 2019
Overall, Scioto Country club is fantastic place to work, surrounded by understanding and helpful management as well as competent and dedicated coworkers.
A country club with regular members
BARTENDER/SERVER (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 16, 2018
Typically, the day is spent behind the bar and serving members. If you are a versatile employee, they will have you serve as well. Essentially, one would just serve at a higher level of attention to detail, due to constant returning members.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor pay
Fun place to Work
Men's Grill Bartender (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 19, 2018
Worked at SCC for 3.5 during college. The members you meet are very well connected and established within central Columbus. Management is fun, enjoyable and understanding
Pros
Cons
Long hours during golf season
Team oriented environment
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Upper Arlington, OHMarch 24, 2018
This establishment has helped me to gain personal and professional experience. Working here has allowed me to meet new people and gain lasting relationships.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Working holidays
Great Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 19, 2018
Enjoyed working at Scioto Country Club. Everyone was fun to work with, most members treat you extremely well. Can be long days, most holidays are required.
GROUNDS CREW (Current Employee) –  Upper Arlington, OHFebruary 5, 2018
Love working here. Great environment with great employees. Daily jobs are not the same every day which brings variety to the work day. All of the staff is very willing to help each other out to achieve the overall goal at the time.
Pros
Free lunch
OK Summer Job
Caddie (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 13, 2018
Worked as a caddie over the summer. Pro was the flexible work hours, which is a plus. However one thing I didn't like was how in the dark you were about pay. It's all tips, so your pay can vary. Would prefer to have more consistent pay.
Server (Current Employee) –  Upper Arlington, OHAugust 1, 2017
Great beginning serving position. Train you to serve in fine dining. The management is great and the members are generally decent. This is a non tipping club so it is an hourly position.
Great workplace
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 3, 2017
It is a great place to learn food and beverage. While learning about clubs, and golf. It opened a lot of doors and for me a lot of options to grow that I have never really thought about. I am very thankful for that.
Good and organized.
Tennis desk worker (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 18, 2016
Everyone at Scioto Country Club was very welcoming. I got paid well and did not need to do any tasks I was uncomfortable with. I got to pick my hours and my boss was very flexible when something came up and I couldn't make it to work.
Very high end kitchen with a professional attitude.
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 8, 2016
10-12 hour days is the norm in this kitchen. Bring your A game with all your knowledge and be prepared to learn. Unlike many other country clubs this club will do over 400 covers 6 nights a week.
1950s mentality
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 21, 2016
Fired without warning and without reason. Never given proper training on how to do most aspects of job, expected to know everything when I began. A few great managers and co-workers didn't make up for depression that set in after a few months of realizing I hated my job.
Fun place to work, but they will let go of you
Golf Staff (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 12, 2016
I had a great time working here. But when I came back for my job in the spring after working a seasonal position, I was told I was no longer needed
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Job Security
Fun workplace, experienced staff and management
Ohio - Expeditor, Server (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 6, 2015
I would be among the first expediters/ food runners to arrive and begin preparing for that evenings dinner shift. When other staff members arrived I would delegate other things that needed to be done. During the dinner shift I was responsible for taking all the food and making sure that each plate was presentable and had the correct items and sending it out of the kitchen.
Pros
free lunch, fun staff, enjoyable membership
Cons
stressful kitchen environment
fun place to work
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 25, 2014
good pay and lots of hours, but wont be full time. good job for ohio state students
Seasonal
Caddie/ Personel Assistant (Current Employee) –  Upper Arlington, OHDecember 12, 2013
Seasonal work, recommended as a second job or PRN work. Good work environment, job duties include carrying bags, helping players, making experience better for the player.
Great place to work and great people!
Fitness Attendant/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Upper Arlington, OHAugust 11, 2013
I love all of the members and coworkers. Everyone is happy and welcoming!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SCIOTO COUNTRY CLUB. Our community is ready to answer.

SCIOTO COUNTRY CLUB Reviews by Location