Scioto Services
Happiness rating is 62 out of 100

Scioto Services Employee Reviews

Low pay for the amount of work you needed to do and they hire anybody off the streets whether they clean well or not! The job was awful and not enjoyable at all.
Bad communication with mangers, they add more work but no extra pay, the best thing about working for this company was the school I worked for that made it worth coming to work
Pros
The school I worked for was the best part
Cons
No yearly raise
It isn't the best. Training is terrible, receiving supplies takes forever, one day you have a job next day they tell you the customer canceled due to poor management. Would not recommend.
Pros
Usually evening hours.
Cons
Better hours to fit my schedule.Management on same pageStop the rasism.Always changingHow things are you to work. Playing favorites amongst the workers.Wanting better hours, benefits, respect to all.
Pros
Nothing free or given to it's workers
Cons
No benefits. Selected person's to work overtime and not the other shifts
Pays very well. Upper management is nice. Work sites seem very tense. The work is fairly easy. Very under staffed though. Really hard to keep people for some reason.
Pros
Pass audits they buy lunch, pays well
Cons
Very secretive
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
No one listens to you. They find employees who actually do work and overwhelm then with work others should be doing. They talk to employees like kids. And they never stand up for their employees.
Cons
2017 Scioto ended quarterly bonus program was in the same position 4 yrs never given raise or evaluation Hired staff after me at higher pay good team.
Pros
flexible work schedule, great staff, most upper mgmt were very respectful with the exception of a few select individuals
Cons
Always short staffed, no recruiting staff on-site to assist with new hires, ops Mgr worked 7days per week managing, admin duties and cleaning, poor communication
Work for the company for 20+ years, I enjoyed my tenor here. Growth possibilities could be better, wanted to achieve more success here but felt overlooked.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
No growth
The job pay is slightly low, but for the type of work, it isn't bad. The hours have been late evenings, which helps with work/home flexibility. Unfortunately, on many occasion, I have no been provided the proper tool to complete my tasks properly. I have also had to drive out of my way to share keys to certain businesses.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low wages, unprepared
Their corporate is a joke, was told big raise coming for 3months before it went through and it was $0.50. Everytime they review are cleaning they find some little thing to complain about becuase we did too good of a job.
Pros
They give you a task that will take ~8hours for a 10 hour shift
Cons
Corporate is dirty liars and they higher incompintent people for supervisors
Hard work is the core of any job and that's where Scioto Services is really exposed. Management is of an issue on Scioto's part when the traditional work order is pushed out of the picture instead with texts that isn't any better or worse but can lead to confusion but the company shouldn't be judged off of that as it's the workers job to set the tone. Scioto basically has you move through different managers, supervisors, and locations that they tend to lose and overall I think that is where it tarnishes Scioto's legacy. Going through cities to get to cleaning locations is awesome but it's nothing unique and let's be honest it's a cleaning job.
Pros
Some locations can be perfect situations, good managers are key if you can find one, birthday cards
Cons
Hourly Wage, Biweekly Pay, Manager/Supervisor control, too critical of work
A typical day at work is cleaning wherever the supervisor would put you. The supervisors are very unorganized and feel like they can do anything they want, always feel like the supervisor is trying to watch you and make reasons to get you in trouble for no reason, making the job more complicated when it should not be. When other employees start drama and threats the management does nothing about it, showing lack of care to take care of problems. Had a supervisor always being rude and hateful to a fellow coworker that is a women felt like he was degrading her because she is not a man. Hardest part of the job was the work environment, not the work its self. What I learned is don't work for this company if you don't want to be mistreated at work every day. Only reason I rated this job a two star and not one is that you get overtime if you want it and a set schedule other than that its not worth the day to day stress and being mistreated at work.
Pros
3 days off set work days
Cons
Management and many more cons...
I like that I can go in and work without distractions. We are given a specific amount of time to sanitize and clean which makes it easier to achieve without any distractions. All in all a good place to work.
I made a decent amount of money working for this company over the summer. I just did not like the fact of how mindless being a janitor was I did like that I was able to work for a reputable company though.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low wages, unprepared
I cleaned 2 banks when I worked with the company. I really enjoyed it however the pay wasn't great. I only worked part time as well which didn't help. I feel travel reimbursement could be a little better. Overall I thought it was a good company to work for.
Pros
Working alone, relaxed environment
Cons
Pay, travel reimbursment, not enough hours
I was not trained properly, I did not receive the equipment necessary for the job, and there was rarely not enough time to do everything expected of me.
Pros
Working alone
Cons
Poor training
The pay is set for the job you are hired for. No appreciation bonus for the good and hard work you do for Scioto. Asked to help fill in when someone calls off, but the pay stays the same.
Pros
Set hours
Cons
No extra pay for a good job you do or attendance.
Underpaid, inadequate training, and the company expects way to much work to be completed in an unreasonable amount of time for the job to be completed properly or safely. Also always short staffed and management does not listen to employees concerns.
Pros
Mostly work by yourself
Cons
Underpaid poor management
It was a really good payed job!. They told me what they needed, and i had fit the bill. It was M,W,F, weekends off. I enjoyed the time i worked there.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not a great place to work for the management sucks. They don’t care about there employees. They make the job harder than what it really is the pay sucks and I wouldn’t recommend my worst enemy to work there
Cons
Pay and management
  1. Employee Reviews