Scioto Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
It was a job while supporting 2 kids
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIJune 29, 2018
It's a job if you are not the sole provider for your family. The hardest part is the management and the fact that raises and incentives were talked about in the interview process but never happened. No repayment of clothing required to do job (uniforms or steal toed boots).
Horrible place
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJune 28, 2018
Horrible horrible horrible ! RUN FAR AWAY! These people do not care about you. They all do favoritism!!! The supervisors are HORRIBLE!!!! Everyone tells your business, people have attitudes with you for no reason. HR does nothing to help any situation. Horrible place to work.
Pros
Cons
Everything you could imagine
Overall average experience wish it could have been a little more hours
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 20, 2018
It was an overall average experience for me, the work place itself was pretty relaxed, I was over the main libraries, so it was pretty calm and relaxed most of the time, .
Downfall of Scioto Services
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJune 9, 2018
I actually enjoyed my job when I first started working until I seen how devious they were. I often seen people in the corner in groups talking about other employees. I need not remind you how fake these people were. Some people had favortism from management especially if they were a relative. This one individual at the campus I worked here in Lima, OH had not shown up for work for two days and had a no call no show for two days and still came back to work on the third day and clocked in late. She still had a job. I would come to work ready. I stayed over when asked.
Pros
Independent Work
Cons
Part time employees have no benefits. Everything!!!!-
It is for people wanting to get in the door
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHMay 10, 2018
Some opportunity for Management, however only for start up. Tge hours are long and pay miniscule. There are some good Managers and good leadership, but again depending on what branch your in.
Pros
expense/gas
Great place to work, horrible management
Maintenance and Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Whitestown, INApril 27, 2018
I enjoyed the work that the company has to offer. However I think they should train the Supervisor’s on their interpersonal skills. The night Supervisors were unprofessional, having relationships with employees and down right disrespectful. I reaches out to management and they ignored me.I dislike coming to work and waiting hours for an assignment. Very high school like environment, a lot of favoritism and drama. I also didn’t like that my supervisor joked about my disabled child. I did like the extended breaks and the extra time we got. But all that free time comes with a price.
Pros
3 hour breaks
Cons
Unprofessional Management, Childish environment
Great place.
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILApril 19, 2018
Great place to work, definitely would work there again. Met great people while working there, the job was fairly easy as long as you did as instructed.
Pros
Nice pay
Cons
Start overnights
Did not like it.
Cleanee (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHApril 15, 2018
Not because it was a cleaning service, but because the lack of communication,pay rate was too low for what we had to do. Management was an issue and even some of the staff. Numerous employees found sleeping or not cleaning right which made us go back over it all and just send them on their way and allow them to come back. The people at Marathon llc were wonderful and friendly. They did make it worth it. But all in all I don't think I could ever bring myself back to work there.
Quiet area in downtown
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 14, 2018
Work in small groups get the job done team players get to see the amenities in the area and downtime e good food meet nice people work not that hard a nice third-shift job
Great place
General cleaner (Former Employee) –  Livonia,miMarch 12, 2018
I worked inside a warehouse setting, 4 days on and 3 off but needed more pay 10.50 hr , 10 hour shifts overnight great environment. Management was great supervisor's great. Miss working there.
Pros
3 breaks, limited supervision
Cons
Pay
Powered Industrial Truck (P.I.T.) Operator (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILMarch 8, 2018
Great management... Can be very enjoyable.... Job takes you throughout the warehouse, so you can meet everyone in the building. Long days but you get used to them. 3 days off which is awesome! They'll teach you to drive all equipment...so, you're able to move on to another place if you want. However, very little chance of advancement.
Pros
3 day off
Cons
10 hr days
Horrible place to work
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Whitestown, INFebruary 9, 2018
There are no advancement opportunities. You get short breaks. Management treats employees horrible. They expect you to do 2 jobs a day and do them correctly
Just shameful
Chemical Plant Janitor (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 29, 2018
Any job that requires security clearance, PPE (personal protective equipment), and still carries with it a daily risk of injury/death, should never pay only minimum wage to start. I worked inside of a chemical plant, and that's exactly what I made. Minimum wage. In this sort of job, that's just flat out immoral. I kept with it, for awhile, because at least it was full-time. But as soon as I was able to get out of there, I was eager. Aside from the poor wages, the benefits are a sick joke. The health insurance premiums are actually more than I made per check. I got Medicaid the entire time, because the bad pay and insurance still left me eligible. The management was pitiful at best. At least the bigoted one that was supervising when I got hired was fired quickly enough. But the replacement was not very bright, messed up a lot. The one positive that I can say is that the HR person was actually kind of fantastic...even if she never was able to help me get into the online system to print pay stubs. At least she seemed to care. If her office was on the job site, instead of across town, things would have been better.
Pros
The HR rep, full-time hours
Cons
Literally everything else, but especially the pay level.
Good Place To Work, Could Have Been Managed Better.
Lead Floor Technician/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJanuary 27, 2018
I Don't Have Anything Negative To Say About Scioto Other Than Communication Problems And Lack Of Consistency From Management Were My Issues. I Didn't Want To Leave Scioto. I Was Offered A Position Change And Soon Was Forgotten From A Work load And Organizational Standpoint. I Went Above And Beyond My Duties And Didn't Abandon Ship When Things Got Rough. A Simple Thank You Would Have Been Nice. Overall My Work Experience Was Pleasant.
Pros
Benefits And Perks
Cons
Lack Of Communication And Teamwork
Scioto/tops at navistar horrible
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 25, 2018
Management is a joke! Pay is a joke people are shady as can be! If your not up the managers butt being buddy buddy you won’t make it as they do nothing though they are suppose to don’t train properly doesn’t matter what extra stuff you do while other are on their phones.! Just don’t do it!!!
Cons
Stay away from the Columbus state location.. that’s if they still have the contract there.
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 25, 2018
I couldn’t say enough about this place, it was hard working there. They have supervisors cradling employees, employees doing drugs in their cars and other things I won’t type. Just stay away, I worked at the Columbus state location for 9 months and it was an terrible experience. They train people to be floor techs so they don’t have to hire floor techs, so you’ll be making general cleaner money but doing floor Tech work. It’s a real shady place.
work was " Ok"
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIJanuary 23, 2018
Work was ok. Normally worked by myself in a certain area in a building sometimes with teammates. Some of the management was great and some complete jerks.
Excellent work place.
Cleaning (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJanuary 10, 2018
I really enjoyed working with the people that I work for. The jobs was very enjoyable. I worked at a medium pace. The company is a great company to work for. I really enjoyed cleaning for this company.
Cons
No paid vacation or holiday pay
Anyone with a bad review is just a shady worker...
General cleaner/ floor tech (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILDecember 20, 2017
I loved working with Scioto Services and would gladly rehire if we were to find ourselves in the same area again. 40 hours in 4 days, home for 3 days a week, plus benefits and pto. Management is like family as long as you're a good worker and not a drama queen. Don't waste their time if you're looking for a cut corners job because they expect the best from their employees as the hardest part of the job is endurance for walking. Great job for a great company.
Pros
Most jobs are in Amazon warehouses so there's a market for lunch.
A huge joke!!!!....Do not waste your time.
Night Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Whitestown, INDecember 10, 2017
You walk about 12 miles a night with NO guidance from Operations manager on the night shift. Very cut throat and HIGH SCHOOL atmosphere. Watch yourself here, they will look for any reason to let you go and make stuff up to boot!!!!! TERRIBLE PLACE TO WORK!!!!...You work in the Amazon plant in Whitestown and it is 1.6 million square feet. 2 little breaks in your 10 1/2 hour shift...You clean and walk ALL NIGHT!!!!
Pros
Cons
Everything...