Scioto Services Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working here
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 10, 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Scioto Services; and I would return part time in a heartbeat. I would love to work for them again part time and I enjoyed the people I worked with.
the paychecks are always there
Part time nights (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OH 44130March 25, 2019
last managers werent to good in getting supplies, took a month or so
no judgement on new managers
i lost three jobs ,because a lack of conversation after i had surgery
Pros
work alone
Cons
dont miss a day youll regret it
Cool kind of laid back
Pallots,Fullback,Warehouse cleanup (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INMarch 9, 2019
It was all right, some of the supervisors get on your nerves when other departments messed up something that we had to do it we didn't know about it it always fell back on us
It was a job
Cleaning Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHMarch 8, 2019
Didn't see much of management work at a site and clean that factory. Was pretty fast pace but I like they worked at oh nice and friendly. Enjoy working for them
Pros
Pay and you got to work on your own
Cons
Lost the contract
Horrible place to work
Cleaner/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVFebruary 18, 2019
No benefits, no raises, no paid holidays, and no recognition for what you do. Company lies, it says referral bonus but you don't even get it. You travel from location to location with no travel pay. Company is very disorganized.
Cleaning
INDUSTRIAL CLEANER, T.O.P.S (Former Employee) –  NyFebruary 8, 2019
Lazy co workers, poor managers, no discipline, no vacation after a year. The management gets bonuses employees get nothing. Co workers are always late.
Interesting assignment with little support
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 30, 2019
Cleaning the Nissan Headquarters building was not difficult. I had to hire and fire employees to find the right people to perform the jobs. I worked well with the Nissan staff and outside agencies. Unfortunately management decided to let our company go and use the company cleaning the main plant in Syrmna, TN. That left me mostly out in the cold. I was given another position where I had to travel to another location and perform the housekeeping duties when the housekeeper was not there. At one point I was the only person performing the work. I developed gout and could not do what was needed. I called out to the company where I was working but did not call my supervisor. He decided that that was grounds for termination.
Pros
Cons
Unsure future
Poor Management
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJanuary 30, 2019
Management hardly ever on campus, didn't supply the right/working supplies to properly clean with, also unsafe environment! The only good thing was the holidays and weekends off but, sometimes you would have a whole week off with no pay!
Pros
Weekends and holidays off
Cons
Very unorganized, Very discriminating, Very unprofessional!
Environmental Services Aide (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHJanuary 18, 2019
I wouldn't recommend any one to work there. Scioto services was very unprofessional and very unorganized they never knew what they were doing and had a lot of favoritism. You never knew who to ask about questions because there were too many managers or too many bosses so to say! Working as a contractor to Holzer facility was great but the company Scioto services was very terrible.
Work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Jackson, OHJanuary 15, 2019
Cleaned
Learned nothing
Management was acceptable
The hours were the hardest part because of it being midnight
Working with my friends and being able to continue my schooling.
Management was running around off properly more than on property but was getting paid
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Fidelity, KYDecember 30, 2018
Management was riding around in personal vehicles off property handling personal business while on the clock. Taking long breaks and clocking in and out their phones.management smelling like maraquana after those rides but considering it is a smoke free campus .they have no choice but to ride off campus every 10 mins. The supervisor is unprofessional and gets way to personal with the employees.
Pros
Cons
Unorganized management
I ask for raises was denied everytime.
Bank Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 12, 2018
I work for this company two years and I liked at first until I notice no raises. The manager wasn't honest at all. Everytime I wanted to take off. It was always no one to cover my banks. I clean two banks in Akron and Stow. Both were Chase Banks.
Great Company
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 10, 2018
Great place to work depending on where you are assigned for your duties. Managers are good at communicating with employees and helping with any issues or incidents that may occur.
Very friendly coworkers.
Janitor Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 7, 2018
Unfortunately I have to leave the company, low income made to do that. I had to accept another higher income offer to cost all the finance very high expenses I was having at that moment.
Horrible
Supervisor of Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 18, 2018
No communication between employees and management, lack of management engaging with employees.no opportunities for advancement, an very low wage for amount of work.
Easy work environment and good pace.
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 13, 2018
Working for Scioto was not a bad choice. The members are outgoing and they are your work family. They help with anything they can to make your work load better.
Pros
Work with others
Cons
Management is over looked
Excellent company to work for
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 8, 2018
Nice company to work for, free meals while on break Great benfits too. The company feels like family, the work is easy and very fun to do, I would recommend.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
nothing bad
Lack of communication in company
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVOctober 26, 2018
I have a small position here. I have requested specific supplies to do my job properly and they send the wrong things.They just don't to seem to care if the job is done well or not and I am not okay with that as it looks bad on me. They skipped a pay check and I still haven't been paid for the time I worked in that pay period.
Pros
No supervision you are free to find the best way of doing your job
Cons
Lack of communication, non payment for work, lack of supplies
Flexible hours and opportunity to choose locations
Account Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Delaware, OHOctober 12, 2018
I do work with Scioto Company almost seven years. Flexible hours and opportunity to choose location make this job attractive. Good communication with management.
Co workers made it worth working there at times
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Findlay ohioSeptember 8, 2018
Was a decent place to work. Other than the pay sucks and the lack of help. Some people worked some didn't either sleeping or wondering around so sometimes u had to pick up and do there job as well. Management was OK nice but sometimes didn't have your back so u might get screwed in return. Plus if u don't like union that also sucked
Pros
People, and the job is easy, weekends off
Cons
Pay, some people do there jobs, lack of help, if you wasnt a butt kisser you were treated different

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scioto Services. Our community is ready to answer.