SCIS Security Employee Reviews

Very stressful
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake, UTOctober 30, 2018
cutthroat, stressful,management was new so it was very unorganized for a security job. Hardest part of the job was getting everything done before the vehicles had to go to airport. Leaving for the day was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Over all
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 25, 2018
I like that they are flexible with me in general. My schedule allows me to finish of my degree program and now my grades have went up. So, once I finish completing my degree program; I would ask to go full time in the near future.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Short notice when they need help
It was ok.
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJMarch 27, 2018
It was a job it has its up and they have there downs i would not mind working for them as long as the money is right. I don't have anything else to say about this job.
Pros
No Comment
Cons
No comment
Petty nit picking
Armed Security Nuclear Officer (Current Employee) –  Crystal River, FLFebruary 27, 2018
The job paid well for the area but supervision was poor. The tasked us to protect the Nuclear Plant but treated us like children. The also held Security Officers to a higher standard than Supervision.
Dont work for this company
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNNovember 30, 2017
They dangle a carrot of top secret clearance in front of you for months with no progress made. They are low pay and crazy hours. The district manager does not care about his site supervisors or employees.
Pros
its a job
Cons
low pay and no upper managment
Fun place to work at
Ramp security organizer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 29, 2017
Team oriented, people were there to help train you and very understanding, during work hrs people were mainly in a good mood, lunches and meals were free because we worked with the catering
Pros
Free food
Cons
Heat, airport schedule
Underpaid workers
Security Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOJuly 14, 2017
Wasn't thrilled having & answering to 3 different bosses, from 3 different companies. Wasn't great that there was nothing for me to do each and every day.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Pay, type of work
Poor management
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LA 70615January 15, 2017
Typical day at work consisted of sitting on a post 12 to 15 hours a day, rotating usually every 4 hours. Management makes poor decisions and hardly checks on employees. My co-workers were easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job can be the extreme weather conditions and not having a set schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people.
Great
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAFebruary 11, 2016
Showed up prompt and always on a timely matter. Had to have a government background check and be cleared to complete any task. My job consisted of observe and report. Anything out of the ordinary we reported. Any incidents on the job had to be reported. The Hardest part of the JOB is when it was slow and working graveyard when it is slow is has many difficulties. You have to be able to be awake for this so nothing slips by.
Slow paced work environment with only a few competent work colleagues and terrible district management
Guard (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, New MexicoSeptember 17, 2015
Work shifts are usually 8 hours but the 24 hour coverage the site requires often leaves the employees working 12 hour and in some cases 16 hour shifts. The work is slow and requires you to constantly monitor alarms as well as multiple tours of the facility. Coworkers are a mix of competent and incompetent. There is very little opportunity to advance and the schedule does not leave much time for any other priorities. To be blatantly honest the managers, especially at the corporate level, are uncompassionate at grossly incompetent.
Pros
slow paced easy work
Cons
too many hours and huge lacvk of leadership
dont recomment
Security Coordinator (Former Employee) –  jfk nyJuly 23, 2015
work outside on the cold for long period of time company dont provide weather gear just a spring jacket for a -0 degrees managers dont care about they employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SCIS Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5