SCL Health Employee Reviews

Slow and Disjointed
Manager (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COMarch 13, 2019
The system is slow to complete projects and each care site is independent. The system services office is looked at as the enemy and are not collaborated with. Care site leaders are very limited in their vision, cannot see beyond their walls.
Pros
Great people
Cons
organizational collaboration
Very busy, productive office
Medical Coder II (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMarch 10, 2019
Typical day was coding and posting charges for 9 Physicians. Loved the one on one with the physicians on any given day. Most enjoyable part of the day was the feeling of accomplishment when all exams were coded and charges complete
Pros
Excellent physicians and staff
Cons
Never getting one on one with upper staff managers
It was a good place to work
Registered Nurse (Emergency Room) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 8, 2019
I enjoyed my time working for this company. but there was very long work days and hours. It was difficult to have an good life and work balance. The benefits were not that great.
Pros
enjoyed my coworkers
SCL Health
Djrectkr (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMarch 3, 2019
Progressive, employee and patient engagement of utmost importance, offers advancement in career, education to support the advancement, work/life balance
Pros
Excellent employer
bad timing.
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COFebruary 18, 2019
sometimes it can be a difficult environment weather its the patients or who your associates are. I had a patient recently that made me feel uncomfortable I was sitting with him. he was saying inappropriate comments and also trying to be touchy. I notified staff no one really helped then it came to shift change and my relieve was no where to be found it was past 6:15 and still no one remind you I was very uncomfortable in my work environment and had wanted to leave but couldn't because my patient needed a safety ten dent at all times. I guess they ended up not having my coverage and asked one of their own staff to come relieve me but they were having issues with their cna's none of them wanted to be the safety ten dent so I was stuck past 6 waiting for help/ my relieve and they didn't come till 6:30 ish the cna that came in after me was rude gave attitude. I was a little upset it was not my fault and I just needed to go home. I let a nurse know they sort of brused it off and since im float pool theirs really no management around for me to speak to and it was also almost 7 everyone in management had went home.
Rn
Registered Nurse-Hospital PDM (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COFebruary 18, 2019
I have been with Lutheran hospital for almost 20 years. I have grown in my nursing profession as well as in my personal life with all my experience at work.
Excellent Facility
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTFebruary 18, 2019
I love SCL Health/St. Vincent as a workplace and learning environment. They have been excellent to me while I was a nursing student and CNA and now as a new grad RN, I love the residency program.
Not so good, not so bad.
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COFebruary 18, 2019
Working with the doctors, nurses, cna’s and social workers is great. There are a lot of different personalities all focused on the same thing, superior patient care.
Management however, is disappointing and infuriating. There is zero respect from them and they treat us like there is a revolving door.
I would never suggest working for this company if you want any type of respect or recognition. I would only suggest it if you were able to put aside your own goals and needs to focus 100% on the patients only.
Love it here
Tech-Patient Care (Float) (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 18, 2019
I truly love working here at St. Joseph Hospital! I use to float to different hospitals and have been beyond happy with my switch to only work at St. Joes! The staff is amazing and always will to teach you. It is very team oriented and I love that about St. Joes.
Health Access Specialist
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTFebruary 18, 2019
Things change daily where I work. So hard to tell you when or what needs to be done. But I work per diem so I have it pretty easy because I can work certain shifts and then I have to figure out what has changed since I last worked.
Please be selfless
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTFebruary 18, 2019
As I am a night cna, my "day" consists of me hitting the floor running. I am super busy after getting report from the day crew. I am a master at time management as you would not survive very long without it. Keeping a pen is a life's mission. One must be able to be selfless. When a patient is so sick that they are unable to make it to the bathroom with loose stool, you better volunteer to clean, change and add warm blankets to your patient with a smile on your face! We are the caretakers of our nurse's. A cna will volunteer to help change a patient in isolation even while their feet and back are swollen. Blood sugar checks, constantly holding your own bladder to help your patient's go to the bathroom first, lifting, boosting, turning, preventive care, getting the brunt of your patient's emotions....is just the first 5 hours of a shift...its AMAZING.
Rn
Registered Nurse - Acute Care (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTFebruary 18, 2019
I would bring my kids to svh. Svh gives great care and always has done an excellent job with the maternal side of hospital. I feel safe bring my kids here.
registered nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTFebruary 18, 2019
best part of my job is my patients. hardest part of my job is safely treating with the nurse to patient ratio. workplace culture is fun lighted hearted focused on pt safety.
Career RN
Registered Nurse (Acute) (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTFebruary 18, 2019
As an RN for this company I have had lots of opportunities for learning and for growth within my career. I love the 12 hour shifts and the 3 days a week allows for a work life balance. The culture depends on the unit you work with. The hardest part of the job is the mental and physical exhaustion. The best part is walking away and knowing that you make a difference.
Registered Nurse-Hospital (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 18, 2019
I believe that SCL Health hires some of the nicest, kindest, and most intelligent people! I am honored to be part of such a great team! Over-all St. Joseph's is a great place to work and help the community.
i can
Patient Access Assoc II - Insurance Auth Specialist (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COFebruary 18, 2019
The hardest part of the job is working to get all the information from Dr office needed. Educating the Dr offices on orders and how what and when to order

The best part of my job is going the extra mile to get the work done so the patient gets taken care of in the end...and working remote! I love it
Phlebotomy
Phlebotomist/Specimen Processor Non-cert (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 18, 2019
This job offers a lot of flexibility to fit almost any life situation, that is the best part of the job. The hardest part is when you have issues that don't get resolved by management.
Registered Nurse, BSN
RN Clinical Ladder III (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 18, 2019
Evidenced based nursing is a priority at SCL Health. There are opportunities to improve patient care, develop policy, and teach others about changes made. Competitive pay and self scheduling!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 18, 2019
The best part of my job is my patients!!!The doctors and my other coworkers are great. Our care here is definitely patient centered. I h ave worked here for 32 years.
What's good, what's hard
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COFebruary 18, 2019
I love interacting with my coworkers, most of whom are truly dedicated to doing their jobs well. Our unit's manager and providers are terrific to work with. The hardest part of my job is caring adequately for my patients when we are understaffed or barely staffed (e.g. on the boundary where one more patient on the census would call for another nurse or another CNA and the acuity is especially high). On the whole, I feel management works hard to provide a good environment for staff and patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SCL Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight