SCL Health Employee Reviews

You are a tool, nothing more
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTDecember 14, 2018
In a nut shell, be careful. This place will chew you up and spit you out in a heartbeat. Only the strongest survive. If you have a problem, or weakness, they will zero in on it and can use it against you instead of helping to overcome it.
Pros
Most staff are very good and supportive of each other
Cons
No breaks, sometimes no lunch, management renegs routinely, pay is usually below average
Great Nursing Culture
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, CODecember 10, 2018
As a float nurse I have worked with ten different units at this hospital and all of them are so welcoming and have great team work among the nursing staff.
Excellent
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, CODecember 7, 2018
Great benefits and hours. I would highly recommend. They do lots of employee appreciation activities so you really do feel like you make a difference there everyday.
Don't Work Here
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, CODecember 6, 2018
I repeat Don't work here if you are a seasoned biller, their compensation does not meet the cost of living. Its impossible to get a good raise. They recently remodel the entire Broomfield building but its a sea of cubicles that are only large enough to fit two screen computers and nothing else. The training sucks and you have to attend pointless meetings all the time. The management talks about upper management , I am so happy I left I make way more money and I actually have space at my new job and management that is supportive. I quit best decision ever!!
Pros
Cons
Location, management, new cubile lay out
Very poor upper management
Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 24, 2018
SCL Health in the area that I worked was a very poor culture. Expectations for working 60 hours/week, extremely poor on boarding and orientation to my role. I experienced the worst manager of my entire healthcare career.
Pros
Cons
Manager, culture
Poor management
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 12, 2018
I loved working for SCLHealth in the hospital setting but the home health branch has poor associate engagement and the management is poor and the workplace culture is grim.
Good company to work for. Good benefits.
IT SITE OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, CONovember 6, 2018
Good company to work for. Good benefits. They give you the opportunity for advancement and you are eligible for raises once a year. They also provide tuition reimbursement.
Needs work
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, CONovember 6, 2018
While this company seems to have its heart in the right place, it 100% lacks direction. There is little to no training and little to no room for advancement because management can’t figure out what it is doing or how to do it. You’re supposed to meet productivity measures but there isn’t even enough work to make that happen, which creates a stressful and anxiety driven environment. A typical response would be to just get in there and figure it out yourself, but then of course there are repercussions if the job is done incorrectly.
Holiday pay comes out of your PTO so it’s impossible to ever accrue any. And you get “strikes” against you for calling in sick or arriving late in inclement weather, even if it’s due to unforeseen road closures. Forget about being safe in those conditions, you better make it on time.
It’s a typical healthcare job where all they care about are $ and not the people bringing those dollars in.
disappointing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, COOctober 29, 2018
Rosey on the outside. Not so on the inside. Clients are wonderful and some great co-workers, but hostile environment due to poor management. Sadly, very different than when SCL was still Exempla.
Overview of SCL
Manager (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COOctober 24, 2018
SCL does not match there mission and treats employees horrible. Massive layoffs with only 1 week per year of service for severance. The time off is minimal- 23 days per year which includes your holidays. They will low ball you on offers too and no raises. Don't work here.
Excellent
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COOctober 19, 2018
Saint Mary’s is an excellent place to begin your nursing career. They offer diverse training opportunities and support new nurses. Moving forward they offer training in various fields and support nursing staff with training opportunities and educational support.
SCL Accounts Payable Department.
Accounts Payable Processor I (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COOctober 16, 2018
None to speak of other than accounts payable clerk 1. Yearly the staff is getting smaller and smaller making work hard to complete in a timely expected fashion.
I loved the work enviornment and the people i worked with
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COSeptember 26, 2018
I loved working with st. marys I only had a problem with one of my managers but overall the work and the people there were amazing. If I had to recommend someone to work there I would definitely tell them its a good environment but its very hard and stressful.
Pros
Great Health Care
Collaborative Environment
Systems and Technology (Current Employee) –  Butte, MTSeptember 25, 2018
Fast paced and always busy. Teamwork environment with ongoing work toward standardization goals to provide consistent support to end users. Structured process and safety is high priority.
Benefits
Cons
not involving end users in decisions
They're intentions are good
EDI Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COSeptember 24, 2018
The sisters of charity have good intentions. They give their employees great benefits, so many many perks, financial hardship loans with no interest if you're in trouble with your rent or something, most of the job opportunities are lateral movements and the pay is not too bad considering they are a non-profit organization. They will not hire anyone with a criminal background. I spent 4 years with the company, quit, and tried to apply again, they won't take me back because of a misdemeanor.

If they could get competent leaders and managers in the revenue service center, they wouldn't have so many problems.
Good Intentions
EDI Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COSeptember 1, 2018
It's a great place to work and the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth are truly kind and generous. Their management or lack there of is what tends to be their downfall. The managers are immature and rather than supporting the professional growth of their subordinates they tend to hold them back. It's all about who your friends are not your qualifications.
Benefits
Cons
Promotions
fast paced health care facility
Technical Assistance Center/End User Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 23, 2018
overall as a company its a pretty good place, but as for my department it needs a lot of work with communication and management. its way more stressful then it honestly needs to be. trying to fix things that aren't broke.
Pros
bbqs during the summer, nice holiday meals, happy employees.
Cons
bad communication, stressful, benefits are kinda high for working at a hospital.
Not enough staff for all required job duties expected
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COAugust 16, 2018
Friendly environment, however there is a difference in treatment between how they treat the service workers as to the professional workers who have been schooled.
Pros
Lunch provided furing shift, room for advancement within company
Cons
So many rules
Wages /Staffing
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTAugust 15, 2018
Cost of living raises are non-existent and yearly merit raises are partially based on how the hospital is doing, not on personal performance. Management is paid huge salaries and CEO is paid an extreme amount, while some workers have to have 2+ jobs to support their families. Staffing for important departments like Environmental Services are short because they pay so poorly and cannot retain employees. The amount that Indeed shows for this facility (for the average RN wage) is far off due to the inclusion of the management and upper management RNs wages being averaged in.
Pros
free parking
Cons
Minimal raises to working staff, poor clinic pay for RNs
Great people to work for and with.
Certified Nurse Aide/Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COAugust 6, 2018
The staff at St. Mary's are for the most part very understanding and a joy to work with. The management for my department was very personable and easy to go to with ideas and concerns.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SCL Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight