Play YouTube video button

SCL Health Employee Reviews

United States1,274 reviews
Found 1,274 reviews matching the search
Featured review
SCL Health selected this as a representative review
As an ICU nurse I spend each day working with an incredible team of professionals to take care of very critically ill patients. I have the support of my charge nurses and co-workers no matter the situation. Our ICU has current state of the art technology. Nurses are able to effect change in the day to day protocols and procedures in the ICU. As a part of the team my nursing feedback is always valuable. The physicians respect our team and professionalism making communication seamless.
The culture was one of inclusion and family. What impressed me was the lrvsl of communication and training. Our town hall meets we a great.way to bring people together. The company's charitable work was wpnderful.
I feel that most staff and management has my best interest at heart, and wants to foster my skills. I enjoy working here and the job can be rewarding at times.
I enjoy the overall culture and attitude of this employer. Would work at again if not moving. Hours are normal for nursing career, some flexibility of schedule and ability to move up on company if desired.
I love what I do in the HIM application section. My bosses are very supportive and the workplace culture is very accepting. The company is very flexible and allows employees to choose between working from home or coming in to the office.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Providers are completely are needy and extremely degrading towards the staff. They say mean things to them. They act very entitled. Some staff is pure lazy.
SCL Health is an innovative and forward thinking healthcare organization committed to its mission of caring for the most vulnerable people. Great leadership, strong values and mission and wonderful support structures for staff.
I was let go because the person assigned to train me did not want to be bothered, now she has been let go. They would not listen to anything I had to say.
I do enjoy the staffs, but the manager- not that great. They are not willing to take your ideas, advices, to make new changes in the departments, they do not listen to you if you have problems and how to solves it. Always stuck with old routines instead try something new, fun, entertainments, never really celebrate holidays -sad.
Pros
Snacks provide monthly
Cons
Commute, Health Insurance plans is bad
Team members are great and very helpful to work with , however management doesn't care and does not know what is going on , the pay is horrible for the demand of work you have to do . I dont mind hard work , however when your doing the job of three people and you only get paid 13.00 an hour it's not worth it .
I have enjoyed the labor deck and culture for many years! You are supported by management, your team is at your side. You can always rely on feedback from experienced nurses!
Compared to other local health care institutions SCL is hands down the best support in every aspect of the job, a flexible schedule and an excellent compensation package. My coworkers were happy and morale was excellent. My managers provided training and were accessible anytime I needed them.
I was originally a PSR but a position got eliminated due to being one of the last 2 hired. I felt training was non existent for my old position. My new position is pretty much identical. I enjoy my coworkers and my manager is awesome within the company. However be careful of the favoritism and politics within the clinics.
Leadership Does not care for employees. Tasked with Pointless duties. Micromanaged by superiors. Immature staff. Lack of a sense of belonging. No loyalty from leadership.
Pros
Cons
leadership, Pay
Would not recommend employment, highly flawed, no support, lack of communication esp. From leadership. Branded for Mediocracy at its best. There are better companys to work for.
Good company but bad management skills. Too concerned about numbers not about workers. Great benefits. Bad sick policy even when nurses say employees should not be here but too concerned to get a write up for employees. Attendance policy not good at all
There are three people heading this department who have been in charge for too long. They are incompetent and toxic. They run off people they don't like. They lie to the director who just eats up their story without checking facts. I have heard from another employee who has worked here for 20+ years she was told "nobody likes you." And they tell you "we're a family." I have witnessed here harassment and bullying of some of the best and most likeable employees who were targeted for the crime of being liked more than the crabby leads. The director cuts hours as punishment rather than handle problems responsibly. The coordinators plant gotchas just to create a reason to write people up or take revenge. They have been caught red-handed on several occassions and there has never been consequences. I caution anyone seeking a job here it is not worth the meager pay for all the workplace abuse.
This company is not worth your time. Almost everything about it is terrible from work hours to pay and benefits. The upper management are incompetent, will make your job harder and don't listen. The other teams don't want to do their jobs and the organization has very little knowledge, training and ways to succeed.
Title says it all. My team and management are like family. Weve ranked tier1 for 4 years in a row.
Tuition reimbursement is the only reason I can go back to school.

This place has been a god send for me.
I have worked at St. Mary's for over 27 years. St. Mary's has provided me great experiences and challenges in several different areas of nursing. I recommend St. Mary's as a place of employment.
Of all the hospitals I have worked in, St Joseph is the best by far. Friendly team members and the most respectful doctors I've ever encounter. I am proud of working for SCL Health.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at SCL Health. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.6
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight