SCO Family of Services Employee Reviews

Small space area
Intern (Current Employee) –  East Flatbush, NYJanuary 18, 2019
A typical day at SCO Services is not bad at all i learn how to do a lot of different and i also am able to work in a space that i am uncomfortable in. Due to the fact that i love my job and would give it up because its very interesting. i would like to work somewhere farther from my school but for now i think where i am at would be good for a couple more months. I wanna expand my working experience in SCO Services because i know there more things out there to learn from other jobs that SCO Services has. So in advanced i do want to stay working for SCO but i wanna go further than where i am now.
Pros
good pay and very helpful
Cons
no breaks
Dont work here
SOCIOTHERAPIST/ SOCIAL WORKER (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, NYJanuary 9, 2019
Pay does not match the required work expectations. stressful environment, no support from management or upper staff, however supportive co-workers to work with.
Pros
roll over vacation time
Cons
low pay
The atmosphere was welcoming and homey.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  East Massapequa, NYJanuary 7, 2019
The residential care was amazing. The homes were comfortable and unique to fit the necessities and like of the participants. The staff was very hands on and helping each other reach daily goals.
nice place to work, great staff
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  queens NYDecember 19, 2018
How to supervise and support staff and clients alike. while working in a highly charge environment to remain focus, calm and alert. Net working and outsourcing support for families with both medical and mental challenges. As a program manager my duties varied from day to day. Ordering food, payroll, providing necessities for day to day living. Etc.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
delayed information from direct supervisor
A Typical Day at Work
CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 9, 2018
I come into work preparing to prioritize my daily tasks. First of all, make sure to check my emails twice a day. Next, make sure for I have any scheduled appointments with client,etc.
Professional atmosphere
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Hollis, NYDecember 2, 2018
Working at sco has been a learning experience. The culture is driven by the agencies mission. A warm environment where compassion care and commitment is clearly visible at each location.
This is a company to gain a wealth of knowledge and skills on how to strengthen and build people up.
Senior Supervising Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2018
A wonderful place to work if you have the heart to help people who

come from all walks of life. Management are equal opportunist for

their employees, taking the time out to teach them the skills needed

to grow within the company and also supporting promotion externally

as well.
Fun atmosphere
Exec. Asst to the Assistant Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 28, 2018
This company is one that offers many different opportunities for its workers. There are several training and workshops that is offered on a regular basis and each staff is able to attend so that they can broaden their horizons and make advancements towards their future
Stressful and Relaxing
RESIDENTIAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  West Babylon, NYNovember 5, 2018
I had to learn to be comfortable with the kind of confrontation there is on a daily basis. I was able to learn and grow from it but to do it everyday all day was not for me. Before and after the confrontations it was very relaxing.
Pros
able to socialize with Residents, learn from them, help residents
Cons
Confrontation with certain residents
Terrible
Recreation Aide (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 30, 2018
To be honest SCO Crotona Inn is one of the worst paces that I have worked. I loved working with the kids and getting to know them but outside of that this place is terrible. They don't pay you what you deserve and they will work you like a slave. They are extremely short staffed and instead of hiring new people they will make the people that already work here work harder to cover those empty spots. They will claim that they don't have the budget to pay you more but they make millions of dollars just off of the people that live here. There is no way to grow and the people that have been here for 10 plus years are miserable and wish they have left earlier.
Pros
the kids
Cons
Everything else

Want to know more about SCO Family of Services?

Ask a question
Managers try to be empathetic and understanding however scheduling could be better.
SCO Employee (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2018
I have worked for SCO for a number of years. My biggest complaint is the scheduling. Because the agency is so huge there are many potential schedules. This can be great for someone with extreme flexibility, however for most people work is not their life. SCO is not open to working with the employee and making them feel appreciated as a part of the agency. You often get the feeling that you are replaceable instead of feeling valued.
Pros
Paid days off
Cons
No bonus or schedule flexibility
Sco
Waiver Service Providers (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 14, 2018
Great Job. Deal with the clients and that they can succeed in their life.I will offer all my time to improve a childs life. I would like to have more clients to enhance their lives.
Pros
great timeing to do the job
Cons
locations
Good Starting career but wouldn’t stay without an advancement
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 11, 2018
SCO isn’t a horrible agency from my perspective. But it is easy to get overworked and underpaid. And beware they won’t bring up your salary until you ask when hiring!
Pros
Hour breaks, good healthcare if you really need it, vacation time
Cons
High Co-Pays, high stress environment, understaffed, no overtime
One of the best jobs I ever had. managements great, co-workers great, but the residence are another story
YOUTH SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  bronx nyOctober 8, 2018
One of the most best jobs ever staff is great kids rude but good kids at end of the day management 8 plus if you like hard work busy environment this is a job for you
a place to grow
Home Visiting Parent coach (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 26, 2018
this is a great place to grow and get your feet wet in the field of your choice then spreed your wings and fly. i learned how to keep a class of children organized.
management was supportive
co workers respect each other.
Pros
i smill at work everyday
Cons
low compensation
fun workpalce
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 23, 2018
this was my summer job. It was basically the more lenient version of BCA. It taught me many of the same things as the other two. Like working well with others which includes my staff and the children
very close minded managment dose not look out for staff
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2018
horrible company very rude and dose not work with staff they only cater to staff with long work history thier i wouldnt recomment anyone work for this company wonderful beniffits besides that oh and alot of over time hours after probational period
Pros
apply some where else
Cons
horrible management
Typical Day
Janitorial/Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 17, 2018
Me maintaining the upkeep of the facility, mopping, sweeping, bathrooms,maintain outside grounds,make all minor repairs,check for all lighting, roof playground, and to interact with the children and parents.
It’s a decent place to work depends on the facility but here is no raises.
Youth Specialist (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 17, 2018
It’s a good place to start if you want to gain experience in the social work area and know about the juvenile justice system. But you can’t make a leaving on their salary if you have a family to feed.
Pros
Trips, no lunch time but can eat whatever they have in the facility depending on your diet.
Cons
No lunch time, no raise.
Challenging environment that can foster growth
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Sea Cliff, NYSeptember 16, 2018
I would not recommend the job, but I’m glad I had it and feel it allows for any person to broaden their perspective. No matter how challenging an experience is, people can grow, or hide.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SCO Family of Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight