Scooter's Coffee Employee Reviews

Fun and relaxed job
Barista (Current Employee) –  Yankton, SDMarch 21, 2019
I have enjoyed my job working at Scooter's, not only for the great tasting coffee, but also for the work environment and culture. It is not a stressful job by any means. It is very faced paced at times which I enjoy. The most enjoyable part of the job was the connections and relationships that I made with the customers that frequent Scooters.
Pros
discounts of drinks
Cons
no breaks, no discounts on food, no choice in music
Customers definitely make or break your day
Barista (Current Employee) –  ArizonaMarch 9, 2019
Overall, the work done here is very minimal. You have to be very aware of what needs to be done, or you won't have an easy day. "Chore Charts" are posted but are not pushed as they should be. The best parts of the days are when you get to speak to customers but unfortunately, Scooter's pushes fast service so you HAVE TO be fast.
Pros
Breaks, short shifts
Cons
No benefits
Good for first job
Scooters/cashier/barista (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 23, 2019
Good for first job it’s nice to continue and help out. You gain so much from working with a team. You learn the ability of fast paced work places and it teaches you gets you prepared for different jobs
Cons
No breaks just slow down
Good business
Barista (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 18, 2019
Has great potential, good communication, great coworkers, good management, everyone gets along, everyone is exceptional, very welcoming, has nice people,
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Lack pay, lack of flexibility
I was short but good.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64112January 6, 2019
I did not work here very long, but It was a face-paced little drive through coffee house. I loved the people I worked with, especially my manager who was super kind.
Pros
Discount coffee and snacks
Cons
Far away from where I lived
Stay away
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  The Colony, TXDecember 12, 2018
Unless you are a kid with a first job, stay away.
Long days, no breaks, not even bathroom .
Not worth the tiny pay, they expect too much fi tdd 8 an hour and not a single break.
The staff and management is fine, but seriously, not 1 break in 8 hours. No time off. Not one perk, save a drink on shift. No advancement really.
If you want to be a barista, there are lots of other places that care a lot more about their employees. Run.
Pros
Ummm. Nope
Cons
Thd whole job
Barista (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 12, 2018
The management is poor they pick favorites I worked at the new location on N Oak and it was complete butt please don’t waste your time with this place
Pros
Half off coffee
Cons
Everything else
Most Fun Job I've Had
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSNovember 4, 2018
I only had 1 job before this but working here was just so much fun and I was so sad to leave. I moved back to my hometown and a big part of me wishes I had stayed as I will probably never work anywhere and be as happy as I was there. My co-workers were really kind to me, there was the occasional co-worker that didn't do their job, but they were still kind. It's very easy to learn as the manager personally trains new employees and lets them learn how to do things by themselves while standing nearby to offer help and advice. Although tips are split amongst all people who worked at the same time, there is often quite a bit of pocket money you can earn during each shift. On top of tips, you can earn a pay raise after working for around 3-6 months and the pay goes from around $7.25 up to $9 an hour.
Pros
Discounts and tips
Cons
You only get a break if it is slow and there is someone else working the shift with you
not fun.
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Augusta, KSOctober 16, 2018
Worst job ever working there in Augusta. The manager was the worst the co workers thought they were better than every one else worst experience ever. I wish i never worked there.
Fun, chill environment
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 16, 2018
You get to Scooter's and clock in. You check your list of things to complete and either start right away or do them throughout your shift. When a customer comes you make the drink as quickly as you can while the other worker talks to the customer. When you're done serving the customer you can go in the back and chill or you complete your list. Around 8 you start the night closing list and if completed by 10 you clock off and leave. If the list is not completed by 10 then you stay until it's done. It has to be completed by 10:15.
Pros
discounts, chill environment
Cons
gets really busy, can be very stressful if you run out of items you need
Fun and fast paced
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lansing, KSOctober 2, 2018
I had a horrible experience with management which is why I quit. The manager was fired a month or two after I left. Other than that I absolutely loved it. It was fun and it was nice getting to know the regulars.
Pros
Free shift drink
I loved my job but my coworkers were b*tchy which ruined it for me.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOSeptember 27, 2018
Made drinks, which included pumping correct recipe of flavoring for whatever size of drink, tamping and pulling espresso shots, steaming milk, and making sure everything looked perfect before handing it out. Iced drinks were made similarly, blended drinks different but still relatively the same. Also worked the register for both lobby and drive-through customers, and developed customer service skills. Closing the store meant cleaning, doing dishes, and also counting down the register.
Pros
One free specialty drink, unlimited free brewed coffee.
Cons
No breaks, only downtime. Generally only 2 people working at a time.
Stressful environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 28, 2018
When working at scooters the most stress i had was having to work 8 hour shifts and closing by myself at times there was way to many customers for one
Pros
discount drinks
Cons
no breaks, stressful situations etc..
Chill in the afternoons and weekends. Busy in the mornings.
Barista (Current Employee) –  Keller, TXAugust 19, 2018
The people are amazing. So much fun to work here. Plus baristas get free drinks during their shift! It’s very easy to work here. Meet a lot of fun people. You have time to do any homework or other things (once you’re done with chores)
Pros
Free drinks during shift
Great First Job
Barista (Shift supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 8, 2018
Scooters was a great company to work for but not stick around with forever. The turnover is high and the management is very inconsistent. There are multiple franchises all over Omaha and they are inconsistent of each other in every way.
Pros
Discounted Product
Cons
No breaks, inconsistent management
Fun Job with Numerous Drawbacks. Good for Students.
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 6, 2018
If you're looking for a part time job with flexible hours with a good culture and a fun environment, this is the job for you. However, do not expect pay higher than minimum wage (however you do get tips).

Advancement is EXTREMELY difficult. Moving from barista into management drastically reduces work/life balance and introduces much higher amounts of responsibility for what is usually a minor pay raise.
It was productive and fun at times.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GA 30066July 30, 2018
When I first started it was all find and dandy. I worked early morning hours. We didn't get no breaks because it was basically a small kiosk environment.
Pros
Discount Food
Cons
No breaks
Worst place I've ever worked
Manager (Former Employee) –  Colleyville, TXJuly 26, 2018
Awful regional management. No benefits and as the manager it took 2 years for the owner to finally meet me. Highly unprofessional environment. If I could give them 0 stars, I would.
N/a
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJuly 17, 2018
I love working here it is awesome. The people and the staff are great! I could not ask for a better place to work except for here. Anyone will love it.
Productive mornings, but painfully slow evenings.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 13, 2018
I liked this place. While drive-thru oriented, I think it taught me a lot about the importance of customer service and urgency. Unfortunately, I found the drive-thru to be too chaotic for me (especially when you're handling it all by yourself, which was pretty often). But hours were decent and varied. Some days I would open and some days I would be closing. The place changed me for the better, for sure. I get up early now. It's pretty nice when you're a college student, like myself. If you close, you get out around 7:15pm. If you get a chance to score those morning shifts, that's a plus, because then you have the rest of the day off for class, study sessions, a social life etc.

Pay was $8 an hour. Wished it was better, but hey, it paid the bills.

Management was very flexible with schedules, super laid back and very understanding. I never had a problem with management here nor with my co-workers. With it being such a small place, with small staff, you become so close- like a little family. It was very hard to leave.
Pros
Free coffee and flexible schedules
Cons
No breaks (unless you're working a split)