Scooter's Coffee Employee Reviews

not fun.
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Augusta, KSOctober 16, 2018
Worst job ever working there in Augusta. The manager was the worst the co workers thought they were better than every one else worst experience ever. I wish i never worked there.
I loved my job but my coworkers were b*tchy which ruined it for me.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOSeptember 27, 2018
Made drinks, which included pumping correct recipe of flavoring for whatever size of drink, tamping and pulling espresso shots, steaming milk, and making sure everything looked perfect before handing it out. Iced drinks were made similarly, blended drinks different but still relatively the same. Also worked the register for both lobby and drive-through customers, and developed customer service skills. Closing the store meant cleaning, doing dishes, and also counting down the register.
Pros
One free specialty drink, unlimited free brewed coffee.
Cons
No breaks, only downtime. Generally only 2 people working at a time.
Stressful environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 28, 2018
When working at scooters the most stress i had was having to work 8 hour shifts and closing by myself at times there was way to many customers for one
Pros
discount drinks
Cons
no breaks, stressful situations etc..
Chill in the afternoons and weekends. Busy in the mornings.
Barista (Current Employee) –  Keller, TXAugust 19, 2018
The people are amazing. So much fun to work here. Plus baristas get free drinks during their shift! It’s very easy to work here. Meet a lot of fun people. You have time to do any homework or other things (once you’re done with chores)
Pros
Free drinks during shift
Fun Job with Numerous Drawbacks. Good for Students.
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 6, 2018
If you're looking for a part time job with flexible hours with a good culture and a fun environment, this is the job for you. However, do not expect pay higher than minimum wage (however you do get tips).

Advancement is EXTREMELY difficult. Moving from barista into management drastically reduces work/life balance and introduces much higher amounts of responsibility for what is usually a minor pay raise.
It was productive and fun at times.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GA 30066July 30, 2018
When I first started it was all find and dandy. I worked early morning hours. We didn't get no breaks because it was basically a small kiosk environment.
Pros
Discount Food
Cons
No breaks
Worst place I've ever worked
Manager (Former Employee) –  Colleyville, TXJuly 26, 2018
Awful regional management. No benefits and as the manager it took 2 years for the owner to finally meet me. Highly unprofessional environment. If I could give them 0 stars, I would.
Productive mornings, but painfully slow evenings.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 13, 2018
I liked this place. While drive-thru oriented, I think it taught me a lot about the importance of customer service and urgency. Unfortunately, I found the drive-thru to be too chaotic for me (especially when you're handling it all by yourself, which was pretty often). But hours were decent and varied. Some days I would open and some days I would be closing. The place changed me for the better, for sure. I get up early now. It's pretty nice when you're a college student, like myself. If you close, you get out around 7:15pm. If you get a chance to score those morning shifts, that's a plus, because then you have the rest of the day off for class, study sessions, a social life etc.

Pay was $8 an hour. Wished it was better, but hey, it paid the bills.

Management was very flexible with schedules, super laid back and very understanding. I never had a problem with management here nor with my co-workers. With it being such a small place, with small staff, you become so close- like a little family. It was very hard to leave.
Pros
Free coffee and flexible schedules
Cons
No breaks (unless you're working a split)
You can find better places, trust me
Barista (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 30, 2018
There's no chance for advancement, no pay raises and no benefits. There's absolutely no reason to work at this place when they can't even offer and health care. $8 a hour flat for life is what they offer, that's it. The management is terrible, the hours are inconsistent and the turnover rate is probably in the high 80%. There's plenty of jobs out there that offer more. So don't do it. You've been warned.
Pros
Free coffee but how much coffee do you really need?
Cons
Pretty much everything is terrible, don't do it
Don’t do it
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSJune 18, 2018
I thought working at scooters would be great, I loved most of the girls I worked with. Management sucks, especially my boss, I was stuck working every weekend at close, workers were lazy and I got blamed for it. Got paid awfully, no paycheck was over $200 and I had 30+ they only paid they’re workers 7.25 when the same company pays their workers 10 an hour in Shawnee. Totally unfair invorment, loved the customer, not Morgan.
Pros
I drank whatever I wanted, and the breakfast burritos were bomb af
Cons
Nothing.!
Fast pace fun work environment.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSJune 16, 2018
I enjoyed my time there, but found that I worked more than I had a personal life. Would work there again though. They took care of their staff. I wish they had better compensation for all the gas mileage for picking up product.
Pros
Discounts, great medical benefits, and great contacts
Cons
Short breaks, easy to get burned out if not careful
Loved working here
Barista (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJune 7, 2018
50% off drinks when not working, free drink on shift, most of my coworkers were amazing and friendly, some coworkers were toxic and got away with breaking company rules, lots of favoritism and drama
Fun when the right people were working.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXMay 16, 2018
It was fun and cool place to work, except when management changed. After management change, certain employees changed how they were working and how they treated others.
Pros
Free drinks while working and sometimes free food.
Cons
Small building with big attitudes
Good Time at Scooters Coffee
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSMay 4, 2018
With my short time here, I enjoyed every minute of it. The perfect balance of hard work, and being able to relax when the rush would die down. Good relationships with other employees and the tasks were listed very straight forwardly.
Pros
Free drink on shift
Cons
no benefits (part time)
Fun and fast paced place to work
Barista (Current Employee) –  Mitchell, SDMarch 29, 2018
A typical day includes making coffee, taking orders, and restocking. I learned how to work in a fast paced environment. Workplace culture is laid back with a goal to get things done in a certain time. The hardest part of the job is learning the recipes. Most enjoyable part is learning how to make good coffee.
Pros
free drinks while working
Cons
no breaks
Good job, not great for future opportunities
Barista (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 27, 2018
Great coworkers, good boss, decent pay. The job itself is super fun, but seeing as it was only the owner and his workers, there was very little room for salary improvement, and no opportunity for promotion.
Pros
Discounts, good hours, likeable work
Cons
mediocre salary, sometimes stressful
Fun and exciting work place. I love my managers and co-workers. If a job like that could just pay more, I'd work there forever.
Barista (Current Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEMarch 12, 2018
If you have the stomach for the occasional grouchy customer, then this is a good job. I lucked out by having incredible managers and co-workers. Gave me some very good customer service skills.
Pros
Easy environment, chill co-workers, and you get a discount, and the hours can be very flexible.
Cons
Doesn't pay incredibly well, and tips aren't always the greatest.
fast paced multitasking job
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Roy, UTMarch 7, 2018
This job is really fast paced, and requires good multitasking skills. The management is really good at scheduling around days the you need off, but if it is a day you are already scheduled and you have an emergency come up, it is your responsibility to find coverage. The people that work there are amazing people and help in making it a happier environment.
Pros
30% discount
Cons
closing alone
High stress level, but happy environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Grimes, IAMarch 6, 2018
Scooter's Coffee is an overall very uplifting place to work, as long as you are able to handle fast-paced, stressful situations and problem solve, whether that is needed while making coffee or working with a customer.
Productive and fun, could relax and do my job
Barista (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDDecember 11, 2017
A typical day at work was opening the store at 6, working the morning rush, and maybe staying till 2 or till closing at 7. In between I would serve customers, stock and clean. We would be busy, and on our free time we (usually one other worker) would talk while keeping the store clean. Our Scooters store was just a drive thru.
Pros
Free drinks, got to take home tips
Cons
No breaks, most of the time I was by myself