Scooter's Coffee Employee Reviews

Most Fun Job I've Had
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSNovember 4, 2018
I only had 1 job before this but working here was just so much fun and I was so sad to leave. I moved back to my hometown and a big part of me wishes I had stayed as I will probably never work anywhere and be as happy as I was there. My co-workers were really kind to me, there was the occasional co-worker that didn't do their job, but they were still kind. It's very easy to learn as the manager personally trains new employees and lets them learn how to do things by themselves while standing nearby to offer help and advice. Although tips are split amongst all people who worked at the same time, there is often quite a bit of pocket money you can earn during each shift. On top of tips, you can earn a pay raise after working for around 3-6 months and the pay goes from around $7.25 up to $9 an hour.
Pros
Discounts and tips
Cons
You only get a break if it is slow and there is someone else working the shift with you
not fun.
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Augusta, KSOctober 16, 2018
Worst job ever working there in Augusta. The manager was the worst the co workers thought they were better than every one else worst experience ever. I wish i never worked there.
Fun, chill environment
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 16, 2018
You get to Scooter's and clock in. You check your list of things to complete and either start right away or do them throughout your shift. When a customer comes you make the drink as quickly as you can while the other worker talks to the customer. When you're done serving the customer you can go in the back and chill or you complete your list. Around 8 you start the night closing list and if completed by 10 you clock off and leave. If the list is not completed by 10 then you stay until it's done. It has to be completed by 10:15.
Pros
discounts, chill environment
Cons
gets really busy, can be very stressful if you run out of items you need
Fun and fast paced
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lansing, KSOctober 2, 2018
I had a horrible experience with management which is why I quit. The manager was fired a month or two after I left. Other than that I absolutely loved it. It was fun and it was nice getting to know the regulars.
Pros
Free shift drink
I loved my job but my coworkers were b*tchy which ruined it for me.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOSeptember 27, 2018
Made drinks, which included pumping correct recipe of flavoring for whatever size of drink, tamping and pulling espresso shots, steaming milk, and making sure everything looked perfect before handing it out. Iced drinks were made similarly, blended drinks different but still relatively the same. Also worked the register for both lobby and drive-through customers, and developed customer service skills. Closing the store meant cleaning, doing dishes, and also counting down the register.
Pros
One free specialty drink, unlimited free brewed coffee.
Cons
No breaks, only downtime. Generally only 2 people working at a time.
Stressful environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 28, 2018
When working at scooters the most stress i had was having to work 8 hour shifts and closing by myself at times there was way to many customers for one
Pros
discount drinks
Cons
no breaks, stressful situations etc..
Chill in the afternoons and weekends. Busy in the mornings.
Barista (Current Employee) –  Keller, TXAugust 19, 2018
The people are amazing. So much fun to work here. Plus baristas get free drinks during their shift! It’s very easy to work here. Meet a lot of fun people. You have time to do any homework or other things (once you’re done with chores)
Pros
Free drinks during shift
Rapidly growing organization w/ passionate employees
Sales (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDAugust 8, 2018
Centric's people are what make the difference. Centric's culture fit hiring strategy has led to a family atmosphere.

In my experience, Sr. management has always been proactive in making sure employee satisfaction comes first and even has employee group sessions to pinpoint areas of improvement.

The company has grown from 4 offices to 7 in my 3 year tenure and top performers have benefited from the creation of more management openings.
Pros
Culture, Training/Development, Growth Opportunities, $$$
Cons
Competitive industry
Growing company with a great culture
Sales (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDAugust 8, 2018
Centric is a consistently growing company and a great place to work to build a career. If you work in sales, you have high expectations but also high reward. You have to be willing to put in the time and effort to be successful and Centric invests in the training to help you get there. My experience has been great, it is a very motivating and customer focused environment. The company has growing pains but constantly trying to improve.

The people are what make the company great!
Pros
Great culture, growing company, training
Great First Job
Barista (Shift supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 8, 2018
Scooters was a great company to work for but not stick around with forever. The turnover is high and the management is very inconsistent. There are multiple franchises all over Omaha and they are inconsistent of each other in every way.
Pros
Discounted Product
Cons
No breaks, inconsistent management
Fun Job with Numerous Drawbacks. Good for Students.
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 6, 2018
If you're looking for a part time job with flexible hours with a good culture and a fun environment, this is the job for you. However, do not expect pay higher than minimum wage (however you do get tips).

Advancement is EXTREMELY difficult. Moving from barista into management drastically reduces work/life balance and introduces much higher amounts of responsibility for what is usually a minor pay raise.
It was productive and fun at times.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GA 30066July 30, 2018
When I first started it was all find and dandy. I worked early morning hours. We didn't get no breaks because it was basically a small kiosk environment.
Pros
Discount Food
Cons
No breaks
Worst place I've ever worked
Manager (Former Employee) –  Colleyville, TXJuly 26, 2018
Awful regional management. No benefits and as the manager it took 2 years for the owner to finally meet me. Highly unprofessional environment. If I could give them 0 stars, I would.
N/a
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJuly 17, 2018
I love working here it is awesome. The people and the staff are great! I could not ask for a better place to work except for here. Anyone will love it.
Productive mornings, but painfully slow evenings.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 13, 2018
I liked this place. While drive-thru oriented, I think it taught me a lot about the importance of customer service and urgency. Unfortunately, I found the drive-thru to be too chaotic for me (especially when you're handling it all by yourself, which was pretty often). But hours were decent and varied. Some days I would open and some days I would be closing. The place changed me for the better, for sure. I get up early now. It's pretty nice when you're a college student, like myself. If you close, you get out around 7:15pm. If you get a chance to score those morning shifts, that's a plus, because then you have the rest of the day off for class, study sessions, a social life etc.

Pay was $8 an hour. Wished it was better, but hey, it paid the bills.

Management was very flexible with schedules, super laid back and very understanding. I never had a problem with management here nor with my co-workers. With it being such a small place, with small staff, you become so close- like a little family. It was very hard to leave.
Pros
Free coffee and flexible schedules
Cons
No breaks (unless you're working a split)
Busy, but Fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 30, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working at scooters. Not only did I have a chance to move up in the company, they also offered great bonuses. I loved the fast pace morning rush, as well as the slow afternoons. Plus, learning all those delicious recipes, was very fun and challenging.
Pros
Free coffee, getting to know the customers, and the workers
Cons
no health benefits, small work space.
You can find better places, trust me
Barista (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 30, 2018
There's no chance for advancement, no pay raises and no benefits. There's absolutely no reason to work at this place when they can't even offer and health care. $8 a hour flat for life is what they offer, that's it. The management is terrible, the hours are inconsistent and the turnover rate is probably in the high 80%. There's plenty of jobs out there that offer more. So don't do it. You've been warned.
Pros
Free coffee but how much coffee do you really need?
Cons
Pretty much everything is terrible, don't do it
Don’t do it
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSJune 18, 2018
I thought working at scooters would be great, I loved most of the girls I worked with. Management sucks, especially my boss, I was stuck working every weekend at close, workers were lazy and I got blamed for it. Got paid awfully, no paycheck was over $200 and I had 30+ they only paid they’re workers 7.25 when the same company pays their workers 10 an hour in Shawnee. Totally unfair invorment, loved the customer, not Morgan.
Pros
I drank whatever I wanted, and the breakfast burritos were bomb af
Cons
Nothing.!
Fast pace fun work environment.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSJune 16, 2018
I enjoyed my time there, but found that I worked more than I had a personal life. Would work there again though. They took care of their staff. I wish they had better compensation for all the gas mileage for picking up product.
Pros
Discounts, great medical benefits, and great contacts
Cons
Short breaks, easy to get burned out if not careful
fun place to work
Barista (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 11, 2018
typically mostly college students who work here. Easy fun college job. Really depends on your location though, so make sure you pick the right location.