Scope Services Inc Employee Reviews

It’s completely not worth it
Meter Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 24, 2019
Can’t take the vehicle home long hours with no raise stuck at 13/hr while other guys from out of town get a raise. No communication it’s not organized and their not up front with their techs
Pros
None straight bs
Cons
Pay is to little for experience workers
Terrible management
DR Tech (Former Employee) –  Wayland, MIMarch 20, 2019
They will tell you to do things like “we don’t need doctors notes for sick days” or “you can come in late but as long as you work your 8 hours we don’t care” but then they will hold it against you and terminate you.
It was just terrible
Meter Tech (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDFebruary 20, 2019
They just need better management that's all the job itself could be rewarding with the right mindset learning customer services skills. Management just don't care and they fire anybody for any little reason just because they can. FYI. I never got fired I quit because they supervisor is a sucker. and a Snitch. Supervisor will smile with you but will write you up for any minor thing its ridiculous! I didn't even blink to quit. He talks behind the managers back and then kisses his butt when he's around lol its sad. He is retired and receiving retirement checks and constantly talks about not caring much about this job. He just loves to make you suffocate. They give you used and smelly ripped up Uniforms no jacket for the cold weather and yet they complain about you wearing something warmer over it. Smh
Pros
drving around all day and working independently
Cons
constantly watching your back because supervisor could walk up on you
Management is the worst
FSR (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDNovember 25, 2018
Where do I begin?

Management here is really bad

Employees didn’t get paid enough for work done

Management here is REALLY BAD

The manager here talk about the employees and supervisors behind their backs and acts like he’s the perfect employee.

I wouldn’t recommend this job for someone actually trying to get somewhere in life. This is just a pocket change job.

If you’re new, you’ll get picked on to the point where you want to quit. They don’t treat employees equally, older employees get treated better while the newer employees get most of the work.

Since I’ve worked there about 5 or 6 employees have left. They will lose you quicker than they got you.

And did I mention MANAGEMENT HERE IS REALLLLY BAD I CANT STRESS THAT ENOUGH.

But if you want to go through a lot of BS for the little amount of money you get then really... be my guest.

NO MATTER HOW MUCH WORK YOU DO HOW FAST YOU GET IT DONE AND HOW EFFECIENT YOU ARE YOU WILL STILL GET TREATED BAD.
Pros
Cons
Management sucks!!!! Little pay no benefits
what i faced when i worked here
FSR (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCNovember 15, 2018
low pay, no raises, no job advancement or promotions, failure to finish work assigned by end of shift can result in payment withheld. doing work assigned incorrectly can result in payment withheld. work assigned has no max number per work shift. more work in any number or kind can be assigned throughout work shift. company has a policy of "no such thing as cant find location and/or meter at location even if no location info / wrong location info is given to worker. company has a problem with an attitude in management of "get it done no matter what" even if its not safe or even physically possible. orders that are beyond the scope of your duty's, training, equipment, and ability's will keep being assigned to you even after you have informed management of the danger or lack of physical possibility. example of "remove meter from X location" but X location burned down in a fire 20 years ago and all electrical services and wiring including meter where removed at that time.
Pros
dont care about customer complaints about workers
Cons
see review
Bootleg stepping stone job
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDSeptember 20, 2018
If you are between the ages of 21-25 and you live at home with no bills, this is the job for you. There is no room for advancement. There is no paid days off. You are required to work like a slave no exceptions. When you request a day off you are scrutinized to the point of no return. Management is very unprofessional and it starts at the top. Good pocket change if you have another source of income. If you are looking for a career this is not the place for you.
Pros
Independent work
Cons
No room for advancement
Always a contract position
FIELD SERVICE / GAS METER TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 11, 2018
$13 an hour, some overtime and you pay for your own benefits, They bill the company that contracts them @ $40 hr and pay you $13 hr

Management needs to understand that you get what you pay for . These jobs should pay $18 hr and up.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Low pay, no benefits
Scope Baltimore
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 30, 2018
Current technician for the Baltimore project with BGE Peak Rewards. For the most part, this is a decent position and I have l learned a lot about HVAC and electrical devices working at Scope. We have a take home company truck, uniforms, cellphone, and tools provided. It's laid back for the most part with management that is helpful but somewhat disorganized. Rules change often and safety polices are off and on. The pay is just enough but it should be more for the work we do. Most coworkers are friendly but productive techs aren't rewarded like they should be. It's a decent job overall.
Pros
Company vehicle, uniforms, tools, cellphone
Cons
Disorganized, low pay, contract, no paid vacation
Its work
Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 29, 2018
Working for scope is work. IF you like to not be micromanaged and just get the job done you will like it at scope. If you work hard you can move up. Most of the stuff i see is that people get bent out of shape when they are consistent showing up late or not getting their work done.
Pros
non micro manage and great for a resume
Cons
401k is not prevalent nor is there a retirement.
Company is not worth your time
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJune 20, 2018
Management is very poor, Threatens with getting fired if you don't work over and beyond what you are scheduled for, they play favoritism. Weather sometimes plays in the dangerous zone of the job and pushed to do the job. This job is not worth your time and the pay you get. Managers and above make this job harder than what it should be.
Pros
Co-workers are helpful
Cons
Very poor management, Money is not worth it
A good resume job
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 16, 2018
I am a current employee at Scope, have been here for about 2 months now. There’s plenty of good and bad. Let’s start with the bad, there are plenty of Duke Energy contractors, and we are the lowest paid out of all of them even though we do more work than others, there is no room for advancement, and don’t even ask about pay raises. One of the top guys in my office has been there for 6 years and was only given $2 in raises over that period.

Good: I’m a young guy, so having a job like this on your resume can be great. They teach you a lot, from working on electric meters, to gas meters, using proper safety equipment. Get certifications from Duke is nice as well. You are guaranteed 40 hours a day, even in the winter when business is slow, you could have 6 orders in a single day, and they will have you clocked in anyways, usually sitting in the office watching videos and such. If you enjoy being outside all day and driving (90% of your average workday is driving) than this is a decent job for you.

All in all, this is a resume job.
Pros
Learn a lot, company vehicle, guaranteed 40 hours a week
Cons
Pay, Advancment
Working at Scope Services
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MOApril 15, 2018
A typical day at work is normal. Learning how to pace yourself trying to meet the required jobs needed. Management is ok but it can get better. The workplace is very tense because you really don't know what to expect the next day.
Pros
You are working alone
Cons
Not orgnaize
I love traveling to different cities, and love the challege of finding difficult locations.
Meter Tech (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 13, 2018
I love working for Scope. It's great if only there were benefits. The different assignment in various city was great. I love to drive. The opportunity to use the GPS technology was great.
Pros
the usage of the company car
Cons
entering backyards, to perform power disconnects
I learn alot from this job
AMI INSTALLATION TECH (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 15, 2018
This job was demanding but a job that was great and enjoyed what I did for this company. Required a lot attention to perfection. I would install MUT from aclara.
The coworkers are good people but the management is a different story.
Meter Installer (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCAugust 7, 2017
The coworkers are some of the best people I've met and worked with. The management is a different story. I've been here for 7 months and every day you get belittled and threatened with termination. No sense of leadership at all. This is a dead end job with no benefits or advancement opportunities. They play favorites too. Even being in the military I never heard people get talked down on this much before.
Pros
Overtime is offered and you get a decent paycheck
Cons
Lack of leadership, threats of termination, made to work in dangerous weather conditions, no advancement opportunities, empty promises, they play favorites
Company only cares about making money
FSR (Former Employee) –  Anderson,SCFebruary 12, 2015
Worked there 4 years, was the top employee in my area and received no praise. Company policies changed every wee and the would do anything the could to make you pay them. We would bust out butt doing 45- 50 orders or more and still management wanted you to do more. My opinion stay away!!!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
It was a great place to work.
Meter Installer/ Reader (Former Employee) –  Cornelius, NCFebruary 3, 2015
This was a contract job situation and this was only going to be for a short period time. The managers were very cool and great to with for and the co-workers were very helpful and pleasant.
Was an ok job , alot of good men and women to work with.
Assistant Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Landover / Gaithersburg MDOctober 29, 2014
A good job, with great people, provided a good starting point for employment.
Ok
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJanuary 26, 2014
This company is an ok company to work for. If you like working outdoors and getting yelled at by customers then this is the job for you. Long hours, little pay and a lot of stress.
Very productive work, enjoyed working outdoors and sweating versus sitting in a cubical anyday.
Utility worker contracted by AEP (Former Employee) –  Weslaco TxSeptember 11, 2013
Everything from co-workers to management were very knowledgable and helpful. Enjoyed working for this company and staff. Pay wasn't very satisfying but a good job to help learn new things about electricity and safety guidelines.
Pros
Overtime 20+ hours, able to make commision off of extra meters installed
Cons
Contracted employment