Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Found 271 reviews matching the search See all 3,344 reviews
Nice place to work, good culture and balance of work life
Manager, Business Analytics (Current Employee) –  TorontoJanuary 16, 2019
Overall this is a great place to work. The employees are nice and knowledgeable, management is depending on the department you work with. Most of them are helpful and respectful.

Compensation is competitive, maybe average or a little bit higher. You have work life balance.

For promotion, it is not easy within the department, try different department and position.
Fast paced and stressful environment. Can be fun at times.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Clarendon, JamaicaNovember 14, 2018
I have learnt a lot in my 10 years. It has also been filled with many ups and downs. I have spent many days extremely happy or extremely sad due to customer demands and us being very short staffed, but still got through it all with a wealth of knowledge. The drawback at times is management, as they are too laid back about things affecting their staff where supervision is concerned, and at times we are treated as if we are children. Not everyone has the right also, to speak up on things affecting us. There are some customers though that can make you forget all of that. I am most happy I have maintained my professionalism throughout the entire time.
Pros
Free lunches, very good health coverage.
Cons
No breaks, short lunch, poor supervision
Great Working environment
Personal Banking Officer (PBO) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2018
Over all a typical day at Soctiabank was well spend and productive due to the tool and resources that were available to me to get the work done. I have learnt so much more about the importance of customer care and how to better serve customers. The management style at Scotiabank was more relaxed and easier to communicate with. The local culture of the country has a great impact in the bank which causes employs and learn and respect each other" culture.
Family orientated work place.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  OntarioOctober 21, 2018
Enjoyed all of my 11 years with Scotiabank. Wonderful and diverse. It isn't just a job you become part of a family.
In the retail banking area you can expect to be multi tasking continuously. While there are two sides of each branch- service & sales they are very much one team. Digital banking is very much in the fabric of banking.
Pros
Forward Thinking
Overall is a good bank.
Customer Concerns (Current Employee) –  Hato Rey, PRJanuary 21, 2019
Poor opportunity to develop my career. The Bank's culture express that the employees are responsible for develop their career path. But in Puerto Rico has lack of opportunities. Overall is a good company.
Pros
Holidays, vacations days and some benefits.
Cons
Do not giving opportunities to career path/new positions.
Good place to end a career
Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2018
Very laid back culture (it's the Canadian way). Expect to have great work life balance at the cost of below industry pay. I enjoyed my time with the firm but would not recommend for someone that is 'hungry,' motivated and looking for a challenging work environment. This seems like the type of place to work if you want to ease into retirement or have more time to spend with your family.
Excellent Work Experience
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Clarendon JamaicaAugust 15, 2018
Working with the Bank of Nova Scotia was my first job. This allowed me to quickly blossomed and gave me a good foundation for customer service in a very professional environment.
Pros
Free Lunch, heath care, and provided options for growth inside the company
Cons
High Risk, always had robberies on the outside and always had to be prepared for something like that inside.
Teller (Current Employee) –  PenalJuly 29, 2018
A very productive, fast-paced organization to work in where new skills and experiences are learnt. One can gain beneficial qualities like patience when dealing with customers. I also learnt that not all staff employees have the same learning capacity and capabilities, however, with the traits of patience and support, any one can get the job done without difficulties. A happy and motivated workforce conceives excellent customer service and the retention of customer loyalty.
Pros
dental insurance
Cons
short breaks
Nice place to work
Relationship Officer (Former Employee) –  Savanna La Mar, WestmorelandJuly 19, 2018
Very professional environment, assisting client with queries and complaints and assisting with there financial needs,
I learned to be patient and how to work with targets.
Management was kind and helpful.
The culture is very strict and professional.
The hardest part of the job was not being compensated enough. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting the clients to achieve their financial goals.
Pros
great work ethic
Cons
salary could be better
Recipient of numerous regognition awards
Payment Officer-Money Transfer Services (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2018
Handled incoming and outgoing electronic payments via Chip, Fed Swift and Book Transfer with accuracy and competence.
Performs various and complex item processing functions as necessary
Fast paced and high stress environment typical to the banking industry.
Wealth Management Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 26, 2018
Scotiabank it is similar to most large banks in Canada - it is a fast-paced and high stress environment, typical of the industry. Benefits have been reducing over the years, but again typical to the industry .
Exploits temps
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 25, 2018
I was promised a permanent job. During my tenure we had a 300% increase in hiring and yet I was not offered a permanent job. Also a great deal of turnover in certain departments.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Cramped and lacks any decent pantry or other amenities.
Very productive and family oriented
Service and Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Montego Bay JamaicaDecember 12, 2018
Family oriented and scope for growth.
Flexible
Good staff members
Organized
Paid vacation
Excellent health benefits
Love staff children
Low staff rate loans.
Fun and great place to work
Senior Business Analyst / Project Lead (Former Employee) –  OntarioJanuary 3, 2019
Worked with various senior management to discussion merger opportunities. Participated with Charles River boot camp training that helped draft requirements.
Great work/life balance
Manager - Product Control Group (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2018
Great place to work at...Work life balance.... Space to be an entrepreneur with your work..... Good culture....growth opportunity....great management teams!
Cons
Not much to say on the negative side
Repetitive work but it could change in future
associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OHSeptember 13, 2018
Typical day meant lots of meetings and not a lot of time to get work done. People are really nice - try their best. Lots of changes happening right now so lots of things in the air.
Pros
People
Cons
not a lot of communication
A well balanced workplace
Teller; Customer Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bridgetown, BBAugust 24, 2018
Scotiabank is a very competitive bank. The benefits are quite reasonable. I would recommend to anyone looking for a productive career in banking. Banking these days usually requires long hours.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Demanding Job
Good place to learn for the industry
Risk Manager (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRNovember 16, 2018
Due to Puerto Rico’s econimics, job security has been compromised. Efficiency initiatives drive less room to grow and fever oportunities to gain better salary.
Digital Project Manager (Former Employee) –  CAOctober 24, 2018
I worked for Scotiabank 10 years and I can honestly said I enjoyed it unitl the end, good team members, a lot of opportunities to learn new skills and advance your career.
Excellent
Mortgage Manager (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRDecember 11, 2018
Is an International Bank that seeks equality in the economy at the time of granting credit , With his unique style its makes feel his clients like home.
Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotiabank. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.2K

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight