Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Gran empresa para trabajar.
Retail Administration Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRFebruary 5, 2018
La gerencia es muy comunicadora con los empleados.
Pros
Grandes beneficios
Cons
ninguno
Professional status
RETAIL ADMINISTRATION OFFICER C- CLAIM SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRFebruary 2, 2018
I like to work in Scotiabank but I need to follow growing as professional. I have a plenty experience in foreclosure process. In this job I have been learning a lot.
Opportunities
RETAIL ADMINISTRATION OFFICER C- CLAIM SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJanuary 30, 2018
I enjoy to work in Scotiabank but I searching grow as professional. I would like to have the opportunity to continue developing my banking skills. I have plenty experience in foreclosure, bankruptcy and claim.
Excellent
Teller supervisor officer (Former Employee) –  Vega Baja, PRJanuary 28, 2018
Good place to work good company and team work always the managers are compressive and profesionals, the company have god incentives programs , the benefits are good too!!!
Pros
Good incentive program
Cons
Some stressful
Great company to work for
Associate, Collateral Management & Funding Group (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2018
This company is striving to be the best and takes pride in their employees and the work that we do. Upper management is always willing to listen to your ideas.
Private
Teller/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRJanuary 23, 2018
Private
Personal Opinion - Keep to myself
No benefits
Dealing with big amounts of money for $7.25 an hour is not worth it
Incompetent people having important roles and positions
Good Employer
Manager Finance, FPAU (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJanuary 22, 2018
Scotiabank is a good place to work, includes various benefits that catch the eye, however turnover is low, middle and upper management are fairly young, therefore the development opportunities are very scarce.
Pros
Great benefit!
Cons
Lack of development opportunities.
Excellent company with multicultural awareness
Sr. HR Officer - Learning & Development (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJanuary 20, 2018
Scotiabank is an excellent employer with a high sense of development for its employees. Some days can be awfully stressful, nevertheless it permits having a work-family balance.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Non competitive salaries
Daily Job Summary with staff
Assistant Manager Support Services (Former Employee) –  Dominican RepublicJanuary 18, 2018
Check out outside and inside branch and ATM before open to customers,
Supervisor Vault processes for openning
prepare daily reports for branch manager,
supervisor of processes and transaccions according to policies. Supervisor Customer Services assistants, supervisor tellers,
schedule staff vacations.
Coordinate staff absences for any reason
help any customer assistant or tellers troubles
Verify accounts and loans daily open
Execute daily processes
Supervisor of end of day processes
productive and fun work environment great team
Marketing & Special Events Consultant (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 17, 2018
The marketing department is the life of the company. it has a great dynamic team that performs under any circumstance. The team leaders and exceptional and allows for diversity of thought and creativity. overall an exceptional work environment where its easy to feel like its a family.
Pros
free lunch
Great work atmosphere
Frequently 'Top Salesperson (Former Employee) –  LimaDecember 12, 2017
Scotiabank is a Canadian bank that cares about its clients and employees. I learned so much about customer service. I was very proficient on what I was doing, thus I had a very successful experience.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
short breaks
Senior Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  JamaicaDecember 5, 2017
A typical day at this company was really an on the go thing. I had to manage my time well in order to get things done and to meet deadlines. Excellent customer service was a must.
Exceptional entity
Accounts Officer (Former Employee) –  George Town, KYDecember 3, 2017
This is the best entity in Cayman Islands to work for. Any employe may has the feeling that is the owner of the bank. The people are so friendly you treat every-one like family, the same way you feel treated.
un ambiente familiar, gran equipo, gran experiencia. desarrollo profesional
first officer bill payment and taxes (Former Employee) –  Santo Domingo, departamento de finanzasNovember 28, 2017
inicie como cajera, estuve en servicio al cliente , luego pase a formar parte del equipo de finanzas, en vicepresidencia.
Pros
excelente seguro medico
productive place
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VINovember 28, 2017
the bank of nova scotia on a while is a really productive place to work, there is a lot of team work not only that but are rewarded for doing a great job. the work place is very encouraging to be at, the employees are vey friendly and shows great customers service. overall Scotiabank is a really nice place to work and I would encourage anyone who is interested in that particular banking industry.
Pros
401k, medical and dental insurance
Cons
short breaks, low salary
a typical work day at Scotia Bank
Teller, Service office (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTNovember 27, 2017
Working at the bank was fun. It began bright and early with the taking out of the cash form the vault and passing out the cash to the rest of the telling team. We then would have our morning meetings to ensure that sales and service are working to meet the numbers. This would be followed by greeting and assisting customer in any ways we can example withdrawals, deposits, loans , drafts, or credit card payments and cash advances.
Lack of opportunities to move forward
Foreclosure/Bankruptcy Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRNovember 14, 2017
Unfortunately after so many years I never received the opportunity to develop my skills and have the opportunity to increase my salary. Unfortunately they do not have branch in the states.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
No breaks
A very stressful work place
Java/J2EE Developer (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON.November 10, 2017
I have learned the bank's high crucial work flow and found actually it can be better if management can be more efficient. I appreciate the cooperative of the colleague and team work.
great job
BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  JamaicaOctober 26, 2017
Updating clients’ accounts.
Obtaining knowledge of the intricacy of the fax machine and the photocopying machine.
Liaise with clients and informing them of the promotional products and services offered by Scotia.
Liaise with staff to obtaining a better knowledge of the banking system.
I have learnt a lot of things .I have learnt to better interact with clients.
Although the management was structured they were very friendly and professional.
The environment is formal and professional but very friendly.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Manager Compliance EDDU (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PROctober 20, 2017
A employer who takes care of their employees and has a conservative culture in risk purposes. The challenge is working with the appropriate tools to make the job easier. However, is a challenging job to expand my skills.
Pros
Taking care of the employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotiabank. Our community is ready to answer.