Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
51.1K
41.1K
Found 240 reviews matching the search See all 2,978 reviews
lots of trips and dinners. clean and comfortable
Senior Teller/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Mandeville, ManchesterJuly 18, 2018
High stress environment with very little time for a personal life if you are a full time employee. Impossible targets. The bank provides for overtime but the supervisors do not write up for it. Generally a great place to work with a good salary and benefits package, however, older supervisors and managers are set in their ways and are unable to move with the times and be respectful to junior staff members.The hardest part of the job is to manage school and work. My contract states that I'm employed to work 8-5 however I normally have to work 8-8 most days and by the time I get to school, classes are finished. I don't mind being flexible, however, I do believe that there should be balance between work and personal life. The bank expects the staff to be selling the company's products even when you are not at work. They expect staff to use vacation time for training.
Pros
benefits, salary, recreational activities
Cons
No time for yourself
I really liked working there
Merchant Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Santo Domingo, PRJuly 8, 2018
I liked my job but i had to relocate. Payment was really good and the actual job was according to the training. My manager was excellent, always in charge of the team and really interested in our development.
productive and informative place to work
Part-time teller (Former Employee) –  Savanna-la-mar JamaicaJune 14, 2018
it was fun working there, getting the sales in, dealing with various customers, challenging at times but was enjoyable and a great experience in learning how to deal with customers and how to be persuasive in sales.
Not a great place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 28, 2018
A challenging place to work and workplace culture has changed significantly. Lots of management changes and still trying to define what the operation will shape out to be. Beyond growing pains - believe this will be what it will be going forward. No work life balance.
Volunteerism
Pension Brokerage Manager and Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 21, 2018
Fun place to work. Balance work with family. Culture of inclusiveness.
This company allows us to serve our clients professionally and with care. It helped staff to learn the benefits of giving back to the less fortunate by having volunteerism to hospitals, golden age homes and other needy places, on an annual basis.
Very structured environment
Front-line Teller (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, West IndiesMay 21, 2018
This environment is great to develop frontline interactions with a diverse set of people. It develops your sales skills and ability to know your customer and cross sell financila products. Scotiabank ensures that employees are well trained to follow procedures that guard the organization against moneylaundering etc.
un buen lugar para trabajar
Branch General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Salvador, PRMay 19, 2018
excelente lugar para trabajar, buenas perestaciones
Pros
seguro medico
Cons
no hay
Stressful and cut throat environment
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  May Pen, JamaicaMay 6, 2018
I have been at the bank for 10 years but have made no advancements. The environment is cut throat and very stressful and leaves little room for a social life or time with family. The hours are inconsistent.
Pros
Free lunches, healtg care
Cons
Short breaks, stressful
Motivational fast paced environment
Operations Officer (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, VIApril 17, 2018
The Bank of Nova Scotia was my first job after I left high school. The seven years working there has exposed me to the different types of people in the Caribbean. Scotia has also helped me to understand the balance of life and money which was very important to me being a young lady just completing high school. The hardest part of working Scotia was dealing with the irate customers. However I'm grateful for this experience because it has taught me how to deal with people of different levels and deliver exceptional customer service,
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIApril 15, 2018
Loved working there. The employees and customer was great to work with. I never really had any issues working with them. I loved that job and I would do it all over again.
For the most part it was good, but over the years became a stressful job due to down sizing in the organization
Admin. Support/Operations Officer (Former Employee) –  Kingston, WIApril 11, 2018
The hardest part of the job was meeting the monthly report that must be dispatched to the Central Bank by the 15th day of the month. If the 15th day of the month fell on the weekend, the report had to be dispatched by the last working day before that weekend.

This type of tight deadline helped me to organize my daily workflow, as every function on my desk was important.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to assist fellow staff in accessing benefits they needed, eg. writing loans, submitting medical claims etc.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Non payment for overtime worked
Great environment
Product Controller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2018
Great environment for the time had a systems problem that was addressed need more version and meeting with staff members.friendly environment a need for a better procedure for newcomers.
Stressful but really interesting workplace
Director (Former Employee) –  Distrito FederalApril 5, 2018
Intense work on daily basis; full of learning opportunities, nevertheless management not always is the best. The workplace culture is really under workers skin, and everyone who works there feels like a real "scotiabanker". The hardest part of the job is to do more with less people every year, but the most enjoyable part is the different people from all over the world you need to work with.
Benefits
Cons
Long shifts
Cultura organizacional y disciplinas
Oficial de Banca Personal (Former Employee) –  Punta PacíficaApril 1, 2018
Banco de disciplinas, mezcla de culturas organizacionales de otros países y aprendizaje contínuo.
Pros
Seguro Privado, Celular, Combustible
Cons
Ventas y Metas numéricas bastante difícil de alcanzar
Pagos
Encargado de selección documentaría (Former Employee) –  Asesor de la bancaMarch 28, 2018
No es dable que luego de 4 meses sin sueldo y solo comisionando sea indispensable para un contrato fijo.
Pros
Buen ambiente laboral
Cons
Explotacion
Great Team Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ONMarch 25, 2018
Scotia Bank facilitates an amazing team building atmosphere and helped me to expand my skill set. The gratification of working towards a set goal and having management and team leaders acknowledge the hard work that you put in each day is great to hear.
Pros
Great cafeteria, Wonderful Team
Going through a major transformation in the US
Executive for U.S. Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2018
Scotiabank's US operations are going through a major transformation which has resulted in many management changes and is impacting the workplace culture.
Productive and team oriented work place
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Falmouth, NSMarch 15, 2018
A typical at work consist of assisting customers with various transactions and answering questions. I have learnt a lot at this noble organization, also, I was able to develop personal growth and professionalism by being around professionals. The management was excellent, the manager was supportive and encouraging.
However, the hardest part of the job was interacting with difficult customers who were uncooperative. Despite this, I enjoyed the togetherness of the organization, the bond we had and the fact that I became a part of the family.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Unpleasant customers
very rewording work place
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  OntarioMarch 10, 2018
I have been employed by Scotia for significant amount of years.Very family oriented branch policies. Fair amount of time for vacation and sick leaves (parents like this).
Overall great place to work
Scotiabank (Former Employee) –  TorontoMarch 10, 2018
Great Experiences, great people, good learning experiences. A place where once can grow and work with awesome teams in order to build their networking and skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotiabank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight