Scott-Macon Equipment

Scott-Macon Equipment Employee Reviews

It is ok
I have been working for this company for almost 8 years. I do my job very well keep up with the shop work and the yard.i try to do some road job with road mechanic.
Nice comopany
Will fill in Later. Company was really close nit and like a family but the family gets all career changing jobs and I would like a job that I can bring my management experience to the table.
Scott Macon is a great to work and I would recommend anyone to work there. They take care of their employees and care. Great place to work. Definable!
Gokd career.
It's a good learning experience for anyone trying to get I to the crane industry. Long hours so.e days but a good paycheck at the end of the week and good health benefits.
Family like work enviroment
A typical day at work consisted of starting the day with tacos while going over work orders completed the day before and delegating what orders would be serviced for the day. As service coordinator, it was important to have daily meetings with the techs and support them from the office as they were is the field.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Days at Scott Macon
get there in the morning have our daily meeting, go out unlock the gates and doors, took care of the yard work and detail clean equipment and paint and body work. management was okay, we were there to distribute cranes aerial lifts, operate and test equipment. Hardest part was keeping up with everything the way they wanted it done.
fair
enjoyed most of the co-workers, enjoyed outside side part sales & out side equipment sales and working with customers.
Pros
Cons
management
Very educational place to work. Also fun enviroment.
Established crane client base to support new store in San Antonio. Tasked with establishing rental clients, sales clients, repair and parts clients with a territory of Austin, San Antonio and the oilfield market.

The hardest part of the job was calling on jobsites in the summer and winter months.

Training Received: Rough Terrain/Boom Truck/Truck Crane training at Terex Facility – Waverly, Iowa. Hydraulic Crawler Crane Training at Terex Facility – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Fun Place
Great environment and honest people. Very helpful co-workers. They always have room for advancement and great health benefits.
good benefits
upper management spends more time deciding what to wear to trade shows than actual work. they are clueless. they don't hire people "of color"
Work environment
I have been working for this company for many years. The employees in which I have encounter with are pretty much pleasant and tried to work together. However, the difficult part is the work culture within this company. I understand it is rooted in New York, but it does not have to bring forth the culture of New Yorkers hostility into the company work environment.
Pros
the environment will fit for some if you like to socialized at work
Cons
will not work for those who seek advancement from within.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scott-Macon Equipment. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2