Scott Enterprises Employee Reviews

Great management, fun people
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Findley Lake, NYMay 15, 2019
Love my co workers and the management is great.
Some days are longer than others.
The benefits are great.
The job its self is relaximg but fast pace.
My favorite place to work as a Server
Server (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 22, 2019
I love the company. I love the family. I had to leave though because I needed to make more money. I often think about going back to work for them but I find I need a Wage job.
Pros
Fun
interesting place to work
Gift Shop Cashier (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 5, 2019
its a very fast paced enviornment cattering to the customers every need. there are many positions available but most are for students, there are not many full time positions at the location.
Pros
fun
Cons
very warm
A horrible place to work the only positive are the customers the management does not know what they're doing and the co-workers are always gossiping a
Key Manager/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Warren, PAJanuary 27, 2019
I feel that the management team they're never paid attention to the real goings-on and never really cared about the customers like they should have they were more worried about their advancement in the company or keeping their jobs. On a typical day I would go in and set up Expo then then I would get the soup well ready and set up the salad station I would then make sure that we had the soup's ready for the day and then go do my 10-point check in the serving area many other things I would do just to begin the day we were required to do anything that needed to be done basically dishes making coffee cleaning
good
Roofing Laborer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 27, 2018
had good experience work for them they offer a good amount of benefit Cover roofs of structures with shingles, slate, asphalt, aluminum, wood, or related materials. May spray roofs, sidings, and walls with material to bind, seal, insulate, or soundproof sections of structures. Inspect problem roofs to determine the best repair procedures.
Enjoyable family friendly establishments
Bartender, Server, Trainer, Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 13, 2018
I loved working with all of my staff. My most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with the public. I learned how to mutitask,work hard and be very patient with others
Enjoyed being around the visitors and coworkers
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 23, 2018
I honestly think they should pay more to be a housekeeper. Due to them being such a large corporation and the things housekeepers need to do to keep customers happy
Pros
The discounts on food and meeting new people. I also like that it's like a workout.
Cons
Not enough pay, working hrs, healthcare, short breaks
fast paced cooking facilties
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 22, 2018
Getting your list of work completed by the end of the work day. Showed me how to time manage and gave me better and faster cooking and cutting skills than i previously had.
Pros
around good food
Cons
short breaks
Great staff fun enviroment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 23, 2018
My duties for scott ent was in its corporate maintenance team which was around 4 of us and we fixed everything in all the hotels if there maintenance team couldnt handle it which they did mostly and the restaurants were us exclusively where we would do all preventative maintenance all the way to installations on refrigeration and cooking equipment. Had a great leader and everyone i encountered were mostly pleasant. All management ran the business very well and just a great place to work.
Pros
Good enviroment, discounts were great
Cons
Didnt have many for me personally
I loved working there !
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 10, 2018
I loved the job the fast pace a few managers the employees were awesome the customers I loved my job there I opened to closed picked up hours went in on days off and everything but one manager Sam was the meanest guy ever always criticism for any and everything if it wasn't for him I would have never quit wish they'd hire me back now that he isn't there !
Pros
Discount, great customers, fun days, Great money
Fast Pace
Executive Assistant - CEO/President and VPs (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 18, 2018
Great experiences overall. Fast pace environment, Always improving on the business and moving forward to stay competitive with local development. Highly recommend.
okay
Assistant to Controller (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 11, 2018
This company has great pay and benifits and a really good working enviromnent. The staff is very friendly and is very team oriented. This is a great family owned company
one of the best Hotel and Restaurant providers in the area.
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 8, 2018
The company is a local leader in the Conference Center, and Hospitality Industry. They have two special properties that include an indoor water park and a sky and golf resort. I worked as Director of Sales and Marketing in the Corporate Sales office with a team of 8-10 people.
Very clear directions when given
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 28, 2017
Answer phones take messages, filing, organized file cabinets, mail handling, folder labeling, located and organized client files, and greet customers.
Pros
Fair treatment
Cons
No cons
ok place to work
Painter (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLDecember 20, 2017
a lot of people in charge makes it confusing.
flexible schedule is good
nice managers; very patient
offer training and support
would like more hours
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 25, 2017
Always something different to repair never in the same place. I got along with everyone I interacted with. I enjoyed working with the other Maintenance employees in my department.
Splash Lagoon (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 10, 2017
General Manager was a great GM. Assistant aquatics manager was alright. Supervisors were great excepts for two, who I disliked. Not flexible hours. Give you an availability form to fill out, but don't use it.
Pros
50% off food, employee's swim for free
Nice Place
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 18, 2017
Good atmosphere and good people. The break room can get a little crazy for a workplace but at the same time it's a water park so people are enjoying themselves, even the workers.
Pros
50% off Food
Cons
Thousands of Guests
Productive and freidnly co-workers.
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 11, 2017
Splash Lagoon is a slow-paced yet busy work environment. There is an abundance of culture amongst my co-workers. It has taught me about responsibility and that emergencies could happen at any time.
Pros
Staff and coworkers
Cons
no advancemtns, lack of sympathy
typical day
Setup Person (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 28, 2017
i have no overall issues with this company except the fact we work hard but make minimum then we think we think we should make. there is really nothing hard about the job