SCOTT FETZER

SCOTT FETZER Employee Reviews

good way to learn
I worked in a manufacturing plant of Scott fetzer, which was closeout in 2017. It is part of Berkshire Hathaway, thus we have to follow big companies route, but it was a small team in the little manufacturing plant, so we worked on everything from processing invoices, to generating financial statement and analyzing all the data, from reconciliation to assisting with audit and report tax, even to collecting outstanding invoices. It was a good way to learn the everything about accounting.
Door to Door work environment
This is a simple door to door sales job. Nothing special. A rep could be very well compensated if the mind is in the right place.
A place where you can gain core values with a sense of ownership
-The day would start at about 8am with a sales manager meeting at 8:15 and a sales rep meeting at 8:45. Most meetings were done via conference call. We would talk about sales, how the relationship was built, what was the biggest value point, and how it was closed and reward that rep via applause. I would then have a call with upper-management and marketing and discuss plans of increased profitability in problematic territories. Campaign creation think-tanking if needed. The end of the day would consist collecting preliminary numbers on number of presentations and sales. CAN CLARIFY IF NEEDED.

-I learned how to manage management. How to analyze sales numbers and make recommendations for change, how to keep the flame under people and how to understand individual goals, how to engage marketing from a sales perspective and make recommendations and vice versa.
Pros
a great commision plan, excellent management, fun workplace
Cons
short breaks, long hours, no personal life, some months were 30+ days
Ask a question about working or interviewing at SCOTT FETZER. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5