Scotts Miracle-Gro

Clear
3.5Pay & Benefits

seasonalmiraclegrogrolawnmiracleproductmerchandiserdisplay

n/a

The lawn service division of Scotts Miracle-Gro no longer exists. It was, however, a great place to work with great people. The benefits and pay were great.

Great place to work but

Such a chill place to work at. But there’s a lot of bumping heads with other shift, a lot of he said she said. I enjoy work here tho, great benefits forsure.

Scotts Miracle-Gro insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment

good place to work

Ok place to work, pay not great but there is opportunity to learn multiple positions. Long hours when in season, dirty environment to work but very good safety practices.All people great to work with.

benefits

Cons

long hours in season

Good people

As both a live plant and hard product merchandiser/Conselor, I learned a lot about the products and merchandising. I was lucky to have good management who was very transparent on work hour expectations. The only draw back would be the seasonality of the work. I’d like a more consistent check.

Strong Company, average pay

The company is pretty strong and has a good leadership overall, but when broken down by departments it can get tricky. Depending on your side of the business it can be good or bad.

Pros

remote work, good 401K and vacation policy

Cons

hard to navigate if you aren't in sales, pay is below industry average

Not a stable job .just a session job

Team ok , leader ok , work schedule need to be done properly and the communication need to be taken way more professional. Most of the times is a session job . Good for students or someone how want to earn a bit of pocket money

What is the best part of working at The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company?The best part about working at Scott's Bergen left. We had two amazing plant and production managers who would take time to listen and understand their employees suggestions, lives and did the best they could to being us together as a team. They had been replaced by a megalomanic with poor communication sand leadership skills who manipulates and belittles his employees. I used to stress to temps and new hires how good the benefits were from corporate and how the culture around the plant was one accepting of mistakes as long as you showed that you tried. Now I tell them to run away. Scott's Bergen used to be a great place to work and I used to love coming in everyday. When new management took over I encouraged everyone to run away. Before I left HR had an entire 2 hour meetings with all the staff. Everyone laid their discontent on the new manager hire. Other Scott's plants might be better, but for Scott's Bergen location, run as far away as you can. do not work here. What is the most stressful part about working at Scotts Miracle Grow Company?The hours can be long and it can be hard labor. You may be asked to put in mandatory overtime and Saturday work. The old management understood this and did their best to accommodate and were clearly grateful. New management sees you only as a lesser being and himself as a god.

Nope

Very poor leadership, you will be extremely disappointed. Benefits were great but there is an extreme disconnect between the staff and leadership, not good

decent

carrying heavy stuff. chemicals spill and are not fun to touch. cool people. Fairly flexible. can be physically demanding. manager was nice. no overtime.

Poor management no breaks and no lunch period. Unbelievable how they can get away with this.

Very stressful and dangerous. No breaks and continuous work. No lunch breaks like most jobs just continuous work. The more they pay the less hours you get so do not figure on making much money. Always pressuring you to work faster which makes the job that much more dangerous!

Great benefits and pay. But no home life.

Great pay and benefits. They genuinely care about your safety and well-being. Free lunches at holidays usually a great gift around Christmas time. They also do a yearly spring fling where there’s a bunch of games, prizes food and drinks. The bad: You will work an off shift for 7-8+ years. From October-May plan on being in the plant 95% of the time weekends included. Not a good work/life balance. Physically this job takes it’s toll on your body. Have potential to make a lot a lot money but at the expense of your home life/social life. Not a lot of opportunity for growth.

Production

Lots of OT. But decent place overall. Decent pay but not the best in the area. Higher turnover makes things hard but not unmanageable. Room for advancement

Pros

Good people

Cons

Overtime

Good benefits but low pay

Overall wasn’t a bad place to work. The pto and benefits were great you get almost a whole month off your first year. Environment wasn’t the best in the plant.

Benefits

Cons

Pay

Physical fast paced

The job is physical and seasonal. If you have a good manager and team it’s a good seasonal gig. Be prepared to work hard in the heat outside and travel.

Great part time gig

Very easy job just stock an re stocking fertilizer, soil and Round creating trains for display in store, good pay for the work being easy but not a lot of hours

They don't care about you, only your production numbers

Mandatory 6 days sometimes 7. Management acts nice if you talk to them but they don't do anything they say. The raises are a joke, I got a 20cents Raise for the year. They fire people for not wearing a seat belt, or forgetting a lock. They fired a supervisor when their production numbers dropped who had been there for years, but the numbers dropped because they fired operators so we were short staffed. Then they got a bunch of Temps who had no training and let them run the machines.

Blind side Communication

The company has been making unnecessary changes that negatively affect our lives.First they closed a location Then they sent people back to that location only to close again Then they fire over 30 w/o warning.Canceled a night shift. Made people pick a day shift.Then forced a day with an earlier shift.There's no consideration for people with other jobs or their families!!!!

Pros

Pay and benefits (which have limitations)

Cons

Communication Respect for staff So called bonuses

You can get lots of hours but not good work life balance

It was okay I worked there for two and a half years. I recommend going to the west plant. It’s a bit smaller and the environment is a little bit better. It is loud so be prepared to wear ear protection. And definitely be prepared to get dirty. Especially if you are in process.

Pros

Free lunches good benefits

Cons

There is some sexism and bad work to home balance

Benefits are great

401k matching is fantastic, the holidays off with pay is also fantastic, and I definitely love having the weekends off. Management is very two faced in my facility though. Will tell you one thing and then try to use what they told you against you to a supervisor to get you in trouble.

Pros

Consistent schedules, holiday pay, vacation time, 401k match

Cons

Point system is bogus, management needs improvement

Flexible shifts and good pay for what you do

I've been a merchandiser with Scott's Miracle-Gro for almost 6 years and one of my biggest complaints with it is; not enough budget/hours for year-round work. And the traveling from one store to the next gets old quick (especially since you're not paid mileage) but overall I've enjoyed working for Scott's and would recommend it to anyone that needs something seasonal.

Pros

Flexibility, pay, free work phone

Cons

No benefits for seasonal workers, no paid mileage

Independent workload

Relaxed, friendly environment. Physical job mainly outdoors. Good structured company to work for. Flexible hours/days. The job could be reoccurring seasonal. A great fit for supplemental income.

Pros

Work hours flexible to your schedule.

Cons

Heavy products and heavy pallets.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotts Miracle-Gro. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight