Scribekick Employee Reviews

Perfect job for anyone pursuing a career in medicine
Chief Scribe (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 11, 2019
Scribekick is a great company to work for if you're looking to enhance your resume and gain knowledge/experience in the medical field. Management is amazing and extremely prompt in communication and I've only heard good things about all of the doctors that we scribe for. You gain an immeasurable amount of knowledge, whether it be about medical terminology or the workings of offices of specific specialties.

It's a smaller company (though growing), so if you do well, there's opportunity to gain more responsibility and take on positions beyond just scribing for one or two doctors, such as training and management positions, so you really do get to grow with the company. The pay is also competitive compared to other scribing companies. All in all, scribing is a great opportunity if you're looking to pursue a career in medicine and I definitely recommend working with Scribekick.
Pros
great experience, competitive pay, potential for growth
Perfect gap year job
Scribe (Former Employee) –  Moncure, NCApril 9, 2019
Working as a medical scribe through Scribekick was the ideal gap year job. They allowed me to take off work for all of my interviews and were responsive and flexible. Furthermore, working as a scribe was an incredible experience, one I would recommend to anyone interested in pursuing a career in healthcare. The clinic I worked in had a collaborative and supportive culture, and I learned so much working there.
Pros
responsive and personable management, great experience for someone going into healthcare
Help Desk / Scribe (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 13, 2019
Overall it was a good place to work if you want to advance your knowledge in that field while still having time to do whatever else it was that you needed to do.
Great management and valuable opportunity for future medical students!
Chief Scribe (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 15, 2019
I've been working as a Chief Scribe for Scribekick for the past 8 months and have thoroughly enjoyed my time so far. My position has allowed me to train new scribes and help roll out a lot of neat changes to help improve communications between management and our team of scribes. Above all, Scribekick has provided me with the unique opportunity to work in a variety of specialty practices and utilize several different EMRs, which has given me the exact type of experience I was originally looking for. Management is also really great about immediate communication, and with providing flexibility with hours and school interviews. I certainly do not miss night shifts as an ER scribe!

Overall my time at Scribekick has been a valuable experience that will certainly be useful for medical school down the road.
Pros
flexibility with hours, ability to work in different specialty practices, immediate responses from management
Great place to work and a very rewarding experience!
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 12, 2019
Scribekick has been a great opportunity for me. It has allowed me to gain valuable clinical experience to better prepare me for medical school next year! The interview process was through but quick and I was hired within the next week to start working. I found the entire process to be easy and very rewarding. I work on average 30-40 hours a week with the same physician. It gives me an opportunity to not only form a relationship with my physician but to really master the specialty that I was placed with. I learned so much before I even started working on my own by shadowing my trainer in the office. So far this position has given me more than I was expecting. I would recommend this company and job to anyone who is interested in pursuing a career in medicine.
Pros
Great training model, quick placement, friendly staff
Unprofessional
Medical scribe (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJanuary 28, 2018
Started working here straight out of undergrad. I adored the doctor I was paired with and liked the office as well. However, Scribekick itself really gave me grief. No paid time off, expectations that you wouldn't take ANY time off. No sick time. No benefits at all. I ended up having to drive between multiple offices each day, and there was no reimbursement for gas either.
I was told I would get a full-time position, but they paired me with a physician who only works part-time, so I was getting ~20 hours a week. I asked if I could get more hours or a different doc, so I could financially support myself, and management basically said no.
After that, I decided to put in my 2 weeks' notice and look for something full-time. The email I got back from management was the most unprofessional I have ever received. Manager basically yelled at me for being ungrateful after they "invested so much time" in training me and "being gracious" by "allowing" me to go on a family vacation, something I told them about months in advance. They tried to force me to stay by lying about my contract.
Thankfully, I read my contracts before I sign them. Really glad I got out of there and found something else. Would not recommend.
Pros
Technically a job that pays
Cons
No benefits, no time off, poor management
Official response from Scribekick
February 15, 2018

Thank you for your review of Scribekick. We appreciate your feedback. We offer great opportunities to prepare you for a career in medicine, working one on one with a provider- some of whom work in multiple offices across town. We do provide opportunities for vacation and pay overtime wages in accordance with applicable federal or state law. Our compensation is higher than most competitors in the market. Please feel free to contact us with any additional feedback.

Face paced and competitive environment
Medical Scribe/Scribe Trainer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 22, 2017
Working as a medical scribe is the perfect opportunity for any potential medical, pharmaceutical, dental or nursing students to gain experience working in a medical office and understand the various types of encounters you will have with patients within your specialty. You will heavily use medical terminology on a daily basis and have a depth of knowledge on how to use and navigate through EMR. You'll have a close relationship with physician and staff as the medical scene best functions with teamwork and cooperation. The stories you will hear, the people you will meet will give you a real perspective on how your days may look like in the future as a medical professional.
Pros
Free lunches, professional attire, flexible hours
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scribekick. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3