Scripps Green Hospital Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
An amazing place to work
Director, Surgical Services (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CAApril 29, 2018
Great surgeons, anesthesiologists and staff that work together to make a positive difference in the lives of those who choose to have surgery at this location. I would not hesitate to recommend this hospital and the medical group to care for me and my family.
Pros
location
Cons
commute
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Registered Nurse, Step-Down (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Provide nursing care to cardiac and neurologic patients of a step-down unit consisting of 32 beds

Monitor individuals according to standard procedures for postoperative cardiac patients, using techniques such as cardioversion, EDG, bronchoscopy, TTE/TEE, cardiac catheterization with PCI, PEG tube placement, and various other procedures
Pros
Guaranteed lunch and 2 breaks
patient satisfactory
ancillary scheduling (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 6, 2018
as a main part of my job to schedule all orders form doctors visit accordingly for patient to make the study available ASAP to make them feel better. it is involve a lot of knowledge and make sure patient has correct explanation how to prepare for certain tests. I do understand patient is coming to clinic then they are not in the best shape or health and we need to acts sometimes very quick and reasonable, but a lot of time patients are getting upset with us. we trying our best to make they test done ASAP, respectfully to patients and equipment availability. The main goal at Scripps make our patient received quick and quality care as soon as possible and come back to maintain good health. I did made this my priority as well, and trying to do this everyday. I do have many patients coming back with Thank you, they bring more joy in my work to know I did help somebody to make it through a day, or change his life to better.
Cons
healthcare
Established Hospital System
RN, Cardiac Cath Lab (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAFebruary 3, 2018
The hospital is like any other I've worked at in that there are both good and bad points. Overall, the hospital has good benefits, competent providers and a well-functioning system with proper equipment and resources. Managers can make or break the work environment, some are better than others. In my department there were multiple different managers over my 5 year employment there and some were better than others
Pros
Good benefits, well-functioning system
Cons
in my unit, multiple management changes with varying degrees of supportive workplace culture
Great facility
Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist, PRN (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAFebruary 1, 2018
Initially was supposed to work in the EP side of things but quickly changed due to restructuring of departments. Great facility and staff but didn't work out for me the way I wanted and had to move.
I love my job in Radiology
Radiologic Technologist/Bone Density Technologist (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CAFebruary 1, 2018
I have myself learn something new every day. I learn from the lowest to the highest, from all people and situations. As for my patient skills I walk on water.I love working with people (my patients especially)
Pros
people
Cons
sometimes no breaks
Productive, great pay with benifits
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJanuary 31, 2018
I have adored working at Scripps for 3 1/2 years and it was hard to leave
Pay was great and benefits always helped.
Paid vacation and medical leave was always helpful.
great place
Case Manager and Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CADecember 19, 2017
Scripps was a great place to work. I would have continued working there but had to relocated to the east coast. I would return in a heart beat. the hardest part was driving to work lives 1 hr away but worth it. Supervisor & manager get not mirco-manage the very seasoned CM staff.
Enjoyable place to work
Supervisor of Imaging/Lead MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CADecember 12, 2017
Great place to work. Fantastic work atmosphere. Manager and Director are excellent. Pay could e better. All in all, no complaints. Wonder physicians and radiologist
Fast paced
Materials Management OR Supply Coordinator (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CADecember 12, 2017
You had to be a quick learner and self started and able to think on your feet. We rarely had time to take lunch but the day went by fast and I really liked my manager. Sadly I had to relocate due to my husbands job.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
No time for lunch

Want to know more about Scripps Green Hospital?

Ask a question
Travel Nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 4, 2017
I am a travel nurse on this unit. Everyone has been very nice and approachable. The offered me a nurse position within a few weeks but unable to take since no advanced practice nurse positions on this unit. Would recommend to any of my onc friends.
good place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CADecember 4, 2017
good place to work but at times can be very hectic. Workers are respectful and nice and willing to help if needed. Managment needs to listen more often to thier employees.
Pros
good people
Cons
bad managment
Great Culture
Generalist (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CASeptember 12, 2017
Great Culture and commitment to employees. Sense of family and commitment to patient care. Leadership team highly committed.

Downside would be lack of development for ancillary roles.
Great place to work and a lot of opportunity for advancement
Hospital Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 18, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Scripps Green Hospital during my 11+ years with them!

Management always encouraged growth within the organization as well as each one of us reaching our personal goals.

Team work was key in the culture at Scripps Green and I was blessed to work with a wonderful team of professionals. I enjoyed the opportunity to work with such a diverse team of folks!

The hardest part of the job for me was when a patient passed away and I had to be the one to escort a family member to the morgue.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the camaraderie within my department - especially during department meetings and special occasions, i.e., birthday parties, etc.
Pros
People
In all it is a great place to work. I've beenthere 19 yrs.
Peri-operative Technical Partner Surgery (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJuly 20, 2017
ScrippsGreenis a great place to work. People are very helpful the atmosphere is very good and people are genuine. Scripps Greengives you opportunity to excel in your chosen field and provides resources to get there.
Clinical Nurse Mentor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 7, 2017
Is a good place to work. Staff is really friendly and kind. The doctors are ver approchable and kind. Management is lacking common sence and priorioritazion. CNO never around, nighshift always gets ignore.
Pros
Health Care
Cons
Some time micro managment
Central Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAMay 2, 2017
I worked with the discharge planner and I loved the position yet where we were located in the hospital was the basement with no windows so it was in a dreary area of the hospital. Commute for me was way to far and the parking was across the street yet took over 15 minutes to cross the street.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Area of town too hard to get in and out of
Overall a good place to work
Supervisor Revenue Cycle (Current Employee) –  10666 N Torrey Pines Rd La Jolla, CA 92037April 20, 2017
Location is beautiful. Pay is good. Commute (for me) is too long. I have a young child and work-life balance is extremely important to me; therefore, flexibility is important
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
long commute, long hours, only one daycare center and I've been on a wait list almost 4 years
Pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 18, 2017
Everyone there was nice and would answer questions I would ask. It had a nice work pace and they never asked one person to do a lot more work than the other people.
Radiologist Technologist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 11, 2017
You will learn much more..you will be enjoy working to co workers and all staff of hospital. Great peoplei was regrets to leave the place.Even the patient they are so good.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
salary increase just so little it just cents.