Scripps Health Employee Reviews

Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CANovember 11, 2018
Volunteering here was a great way to gain experience! I highly recommend it to any high school students looking to gain exposure to the medical field.
great place
Stroke Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CANovember 11, 2018
I worked for Scripps for 10 years. I loved the room for advancement and the idea that you can stay withing the same company but move to different departments
Never again!
Medical Assistant Lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 10, 2018
8 years was enough to do me in! Management is awful! Selfish, lazy, BIG time gosspers about patients and employees and each other. Not even close to how it was in the 1960-1980’s.
Pros
Pay is mediocre...drug rep luncheone
Cons
Mgmt, favoritism, lazy co-workers, Dr’s & NP’s are pushed & threatened to see an unrealistic qty of patients; i can go on & on!
No work-life balance, management is consistently bad, antagonistic to employees
Integration Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 8, 2018
If you are an IT professional, I would NOT recommend working at Scripps. IT Management is terrible, particularly in the Integration area. They hired a PM as a manager, and she has no real experience in the field and it shows. She and the previous manager are both disrespectful to employees, and are allowed to be. I've heard both of them talking in open forum about other employees who were not present. The lack of professionalism among these managers is astounding.
Pros
Salary is competitive
Cons
Horrible management, disrespect to employees
dedicated staff working with challenging patient population
Clinical Coach RN (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CANovember 8, 2018
I worked on a specialized medical/oncology unit that had phenomenal teamwork and dedication towards educating new staff. the direct leadership of the unit was very supportive and gave the team autonomy for unit-based improvement. the patient population was diverse and challenging, but the atmosphere made it all enjoyable!
Stay away from supply chain
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Carmel Valley, CANovember 7, 2018
Overall a great company, great coworkers, and benefits. However upper management within supply chain logistics are very unethical,and human resources is a joke. Don't believe me, just check Indeed San Diego for supply tech and see how many times that position is open every month.
Pros
Free lunches, awesome employees and health care
Cons
Supply chain management
Depends on Location
RN Specialty Services (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 6, 2018
I worked for multiple departments at Scripps. Beware Scripps Green!! There is a toxic Management culture, creating an unpleasant interaction between employees. There was frequent reporting of perceived offenses, and continual management reactivity. A previous manager at one point told me she hoped to fire an entire department. Upper management is unpleasant and vindictive. Scripps Hospice, now defunct, was the complete opposite. It functioned smoothly in a cooperative state that was truly focused on quality and compassion in patient care. Sadly, it no longer exists. My final stint was at Scripps Memorial, in La Jolla. There are good and bad there. I worked with exceptional management there, who were human, kind, and very supportive. Most staff follows this lead, and cooperation is the rule, not the exception. Like all hospitals, there are issues to be addressed, but I would happily return to this facility.
Pros
Ongoing Education, Diverse Career Options
Cons
Management is quite variable, Poor Managers are not addressed
Hospital offers transfers to different satellites
Baby Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 6, 2018
Working as a front line PBX operator I was given the opportunity to transfer to different locations. Was fun to interact with different staff able to pick up extra shifts where it was needed.
Growth is great!
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 5, 2018
The company has grown during the last 10 years with excellent benefits and strong fiscal numbers. Excellent medical benefits and retirement (401K program).
Busy Internal medicine clinic
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 5, 2018
I worked in what we called the pharmacy pod. We would answer phones from patients to refill their medications, then we would have to enter into computer asking for the doctors ok. When the doctor had oked we would call the pharmacies and ok times however refills the doctor would approve. I also did the same thing with faxes from pharmacies asking for refills and mail order pharmacies as well.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
poor management

Want to know more about Scripps Health?

Ask a question
Positive culture and working environment
Patient Care Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 4, 2018
A typical day at work, included scheduling patients with the appropriate clinicians specific to my team of nurses, therapists and social workers. I worked closely with the scheduling department after reviewing expected cases scheduled for the week. Preparation for weekly case conferences, orientation of new licensed personnel, annual evaluations, supervisory visits of licensed clinicians and coordination of direct patient care.
Management provided excellent support in the team concept environment. Overall, an extremely positive experience.
Pros
Team concept, regular meetings with management team to provide feedback
Cons
Occasional scheduling and staff issues
its ok
Security officer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 3, 2018
i think its a great company just not if you work for security. i just think that a overall overhaul with management would do a lot for the culture and morale of the department
Pros
paid time off
Cons
stressful and underpaid for security
Traveling Registered Nurse
Traveling Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 2, 2018
Traveling Registered Nurse that enjoyed my experience. The staff environment had team effort and worked well together. Many opportunities to learn and advance my skills
Fosters growth
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2018
Management listens to your needs and will work with its employees to make it an environment that is safe to work. You are given the tools to work with to assure adequate patient care. It is a great place to work and they are nurturing to new hires
Pros
Cowokers are awesome
Cons
Budget cuts
Great Health Benefits
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 30, 2018
Needs more diversity and paid holidays not from your personal PTO bucket. Needs work from home positions as well as more flexibility. The most enjoyable part of the job is all the unique patients.
Pros
Great Health Care
Cons
Short breaks
Very busy and rewarding.
Patient Service Representative II (PSRII) (Former Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CAOctober 30, 2018
Extremely busy office but very organized and supportive staff. Physicians were outstanding and supportive of their staff. Scripps is very much supportive of employees interaction not only with patients but staff.
Pros
Excellent place to work.
Cons
No Cons
Workflow
Health Information Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 29, 2018
Good place to work for. I had no issue with management, hours, the work, etc. Great benefits and great people to work with. Scripps offers a lot of opportunity if are given.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Favorites
scripps health
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Encinitas, CAOctober 20, 2018
Scripps is a good place to work with great benefit and health care. Great teamwork and efficient. Great outpatient customer care. Great work environment.
Scripps Health is a Great Company
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 17, 2018
Working at Scripps was the best experience. They allowed me to learn and change jobs within the organization. They were very supportive of higher education and achieving certification. Highly recommend Scripps Health.
revenue drives everything
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92124October 17, 2018
Scripps is a non profit but it is not managed that well, Chula Vista campus is more concerned about revenue than patients and scripps healthcare really doesn't invest in chula vista.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scripps Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Scripps Health.

Powered by Comparably