Scripps Health Employee Reviews

Overall Scripps was a disappointment since they layed off most long term employees and hired employees at a cheaper wage range for their budget
EVS Supervisor (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CASeptember 21, 2018
Management issues, cherry picking employees and enough 2nd shift support. I know many employees who worked there over 5 years but left over management issues.
No Comment
Revenue Cycle Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rancho BernardoSeptember 15, 2018
I enjoy working for Scripps Heath. I have gained excellent experience and additional knowledge. I have attempted to obtain information regarding transfer to a facility in Chula Vista and have not received the assistance and support that I expected. I am therefore, looking outside of Scripps Health to continue my positive and exciting career in health care leadership.
Pros
No Comment
Cons
No Comment
Scripps Mercy
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 8, 2018
They taught me a lot and helped me hone my IV skills. Management has always been there for me whenever I had personal or professional issues. They seem to really care about their employees and do whatever they can to make sure they are happy with their job.
Not Impressed
RN - Outpatient Cancer Treatment Room (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 3, 2018
I have not been very impressed with the Scripps brand. Management is biased and unbothered. It is all about saving a penny which perhaps may not always be in the best interest of the patients. Not very many people of color work in my area which for me is a bit isolating.
Not a supportive culture
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 2, 2018
Pay good, but no support for nurses. assignment too heavy at times. Better management is needed. disappointed overall. staff seems unhappy. a lot of turnover
Fabulous place to work
Ambassador, Beach Crew (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAAugust 30, 2018
Fabulous place top work. The decision to leave was personal due to factor in my own personal life. Without those, I would not have chosen to leave. Great work environment and benefits.
Overall it is a great place to work
Web Center, Web Product Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 29, 2018
Scripps is a fast paced environment, and the Information Services department is spread thin, so you will be very busy. But, in the past that meant lots of oppurtunity for overtime. I learned so much about project management and process during my time at Scripps; it truly shaped my future career. Like any organization it has a few bad apples, but they strive to support cohesiveness across al their sites. I found that most of the leadership is extremely approachable, and open to your feedback; which helps build that strong corporate culture. The hardest part of the job is balancing you daily workload with all the meeting you will have to attend. Ugh! The meeting, there are SOOO many. And, the best part of the job is the people. Definitely, the people.
Great experience
Medical Transcription and PSR (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAAugust 27, 2018
Loved my time at Scripps. When it got complicated or difficult, management always supported and assisted. When my transcription position was eliminated, they trained me as a Patient Service Representative. Turned out I really enjoyed working with the patients, especially in Pediatrics.
Pros
Beautiful office, most coworkers were great.
Cons
No more transcription.
Great Company
Senior Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Ranch BernandoAugust 23, 2018
Overall, Scripps is a great company to work for. I enjoy working with some worker and my supervisor and director they are nice. But I wish they can pay more.
Pros
Good team and friendly and good management team
Cons
low salary and 401A is could be better option for employess to borrow the money
Best Company to work for
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 20, 2018
They are always looking for ways to improve at this company. Scripps is Patient driven, but also cares alot about the empolyees. They offer tons of benefits.

Want to know more about Scripps Health?

Ask a question
Productive and fun enviornment
IT Lead Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAAugust 20, 2018
Great people. There was a very positive vibe when working there. They were interested in what you had to contribute as an employee. I felt appreciated.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Had to deal with Dr.s
Problem employees
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAAugust 16, 2018
Management fails to handle problem employees who make working there a hostile environment. The company as a whole has good benefits and programs for employees. I was probably just in the wrong department, but heard the same stories from other departments.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Problem employees amuck
It is a great place to work i've enjoyed my experiences
PSR - Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Encinitas, CAAugust 15, 2018
I've enjoyed working at Scripps Healthcare system. They have great benefits, 401K, discount tickets for amusement parks. There are many opportunities for advancement and growth.
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
it is 24-7 operation that can be a problem at times
Scripps
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Encinitas, CAAugust 13, 2018
Very nice hospital. Nice staff. Hard woring teams in all departments that work toether to mae sure we can provide the best care to all of ourpatients and clints.
Very low wages for the demand
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 11, 2018
Poor management and employee advocacy . Workplace Harrassment has been ongoing and there were no efforts to protect employee’s from retaliation. Employee scheduling is inconsistent and poorly managed.
Pros
Insurance benefits
Cons
Poor pay
Stressful/ no team work
FOOD SERVICE PARTNER (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CAAugust 10, 2018
The staff does not work as a team and they are all into gossip and starting problems for others. The staff that has been their does not welcome in new employees. They make it very unpleasant to be around them. If they speak another laungage that you dont speak or understand they will make you feel uneasy by speaking their laungage in front of you. Managment does not back or support employees they enjoy the drama.They will post a schedule and then after its up chnge it and add you to it without telling you.
Pros
1 Free meal $8.00 Limit
Cons
Salary
Great Place to work
Senior Lean Facilitator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 9, 2018
Scripps is a great place to work collaborative team, willing to change and grow. As all healthcare organizations, going through a lot of transition. Highly ethical organization.
a great place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2018
Scripps was a fun and friendly atmosphere. it was a great place to work with really good benefits. The pay was great and location was great for me, didnt have to commute very far.
Productive and fun place.
Safety Tech II (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAAugust 6, 2018
Was fun and i enjoyed going to work there.
I learned about being respectful. How to work with all
different types of people. Learning different job roles.
Learning how management works. Being able to keep a balance within yourself under all conditions in the work field. The
workplace was very diverse, with many new people to meet. The
hardest part of the job, nothing really. When you have good leadership it makes the job that much better to go to work and enjoy your job.
Pros
Pto
Cons
N/a
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 6, 2018
Not a diverse company. Poor communication and very low standards for people with out a title. Benefits are no benefits at all. High health insurance only can use it with in Scripps. So if your out of SD good luck.
Pros
Tuition Reimbursement . Only 1500 a year.
Cons
Horrible health insurance. High co pays.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scripps Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

56out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Scripps Health.