Scripps Health
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Scripps Health Employee Reviews

United States979 reviews
I enjoyed working at Scripps Health, My coworkers where all amazing and the management team let me not only learn my job, but learn other aspects of the job as well. I was always challenged and encouraged to grow and was able to make myself more of an asset to the company.
Pros
having opportunities to grow within the company
Cons
Not all management was encouraging.
● Overall
Ability to take part of the patients correct and accurate courses of food for their fast recoveries and make their time spent more pleasurable as we all know we need great wholesome deliscious food to survey.
Scripps was a nice place to work and I made a lot of friends. The development group was led by an architect who tried to be involved in all 70 projects which was nearly impossible to keep them all straight and attended so many meetings that there was no time for develpment. Also didn't really have more knowledge than the rest of the staff and hindered progress.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Architect
I came to Scripps (La Jolla) in hopes of becoming an RN, but after awhile I noticed a lot of racism and favoritism by the many supervisors and manager in the end I decided to take my skills and willingness to work elsewhere. I appreciate the job opportunity but as a black woman I couldn’t no longer take the back stabbing or no team work atmosphere. So glad I found somewhere better
Pros
Patients were very friendly
Cons
RN’s are lazy & not knowledgeable
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Scripps strive on providing excellent and quality care to the patients and its community. There are plenty of opportunities to advance your career if desire. As a bedside nurse, I have the pleasure to work with different patients' population and expand my experience in providing care to patients who require specialized and supportive therapies such as ECMO, Impella, CRRT, IABP and Roto-prone.
Cons
short staff and short breaks, no pension benefits, no weekends differential pay
The culture is very supportive and nonpunitive. There is a lot of room to grow and learn. There are many non-monetary benefits and good vacation time. The workload is heavy and advanced practice nurses work within a medical model that remains hierarchical, if kind.
Pros
Supportive leadership and encouragement to continue education
Cons
Heavy workload and hierarchy of docs to advanced practice nurses
I enjoy working at Scripps healthcare, they are an advancing technological hospital and they have room for advancement into new and exciting job rolls, which I feel will be the future of of medicine and utilizing the best EMR in the medical field, Epic.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Staff/management/charge treat you like a second class citizen. As an extern you were unable to sit at the table after a 12 hour shift or stand in break room during report. I was asked to stand up from my seat during report or go out into the hall. If you want to learn, I do not recommend, because as an extern you will be cleaning equipment. Once in a while you will get an amazing staff member that is willing to teach and guide you. My advice: Just be aware of what you’re getting in to.
Pros
Hospital experience
Cons
Staff and management
This is the place to work at if you want to live a regular life without work being such an anchor. You get there, work your shift and go home. Work day done.
Amazing opportunity to learn and grow. Management and team very helpful. Everyone is there for support and wants to see you succeed in your position and future positions.
The people i work with are awesome- management not so much. It’s different everyday and keeps me on my toes, but it’s not worth it for the low compensation. We also didn’t get a dime for working during the pandemic and risking our lives.
Pros
Benefits, overtime, Pto
Cons
Pay is terrible, they don’t care about you, mediocre tuition reimbursement
Floor can be busy but coworkers are helpful and
very team oriented. Pay is decent. My manager was very understanding whenever I need some time off. I’ve met a lot of lifelong friends at Scripps.
At the Nursing Station, as a liaison between patients & the nurses,at the Gift Shop,taking inventory,stocking,working as a cashier with the customers.
Pros
Have a chance to give back to society
Cons
Deal with the rude people at the volunteer's office
I had a great experience working for scripps. Only job I have ever felt sad to leave. The pay was decent but the culture and diversity makes up for it. They really try there hardest to meet and go above.the standards.
No sense of union. Cruel & vindictive co-workers. Including, bullying, gossiping and name calling. “Rumors run ramped”. Employees with seniority, go out of their way to show you who’s boss. Lazy staff night shift. Staff dump their work onto timid/meek coworkers. Staff, including RNs sleep on the job. Poor communication between patients and staff. All Staff members are stressed & overworked. Patient ratios are ridiculous, administrative employees lack knowledge of hospital policies. Tons of financial cuts, resulting in frequent Change’s. No accountability, be ready to be thrown under the bus.
Good place to work. Growing company. Lots of room for upward mobility and employee sponsored training. Many different sites in the system including inpatient and ambulatory.
They do a very good job in helping the patients and good job advancement very good pay and inovating their product highlyinvolve in communities activity helping promote enployees from within and training them highly involve in comunitys needs employees are.happy to wokj there at Scripps you have a future
The company itself isn’t bad. Other locations are ran properly & people get along. The Rancho San Diego location is TERRIBLE! The management is awful and the morale around the facility is so negative! Nobody wants to work with each other & management is on a power trip. This facility landed me on medication. It was so toxic I had to leave and I took my co worker with me because they treated her like trash as well
Good company but not great work-life balance. Lots of room to advance if you work hard. Work varies every day. Lots of new assignments and strategies.
Work environment is positive and supportive. Management and co-workers are helpful and pleasant to work with. Benefits are great and cost friendly. Highly recommend.
Scripps Mercy Hospital is a welcoming facility to new hires. There we as nurses have great nursing autonomy and are able to communicate effectively with colleges.