Scripps Health Employee Reviews

Very low wages for the demand
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 11, 2018
Poor management and employee advocacy . Workplace Harrassment has been ongoing and there were no efforts to protect employee’s from retaliation. Employee scheduling is inconsistent and poorly managed.
Pros
Insurance benefits
Cons
Poor pay
Stressful/ no team work
FOOD SERVICE PARTNER (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CAAugust 10, 2018
The staff does not work as a team and they are all into gossip and starting problems for others. The staff that has been their does not welcome in new employees. They make it very unpleasant to be around them. If they speak another laungage that you dont speak or understand they will make you feel uneasy by speaking their laungage in front of you. Managment does not back or support employees they enjoy the drama.They will post a schedule and then after its up chnge it and add you to it without telling you.
Pros
1 Free meal $8.00 Limit
Cons
Salary
Great Place to work
Senior Lean Facilitator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 9, 2018
Scripps is a great place to work collaborative team, willing to change and grow. As all healthcare organizations, going through a lot of transition. Highly ethical organization.
a great place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2018
Scripps was a fun and friendly atmosphere. it was a great place to work with really good benefits. The pay was great and location was great for me, didnt have to commute very far.
Productive and fun place.
Safety Tech II (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAAugust 6, 2018
Was fun and i enjoyed going to work there.
I learned about being respectful. How to work with all
different types of people. Learning different job roles.
Learning how management works. Being able to keep a balance within yourself under all conditions in the work field. The
workplace was very diverse, with many new people to meet. The
hardest part of the job, nothing really. When you have good leadership it makes the job that much better to go to work and enjoy your job.
Pros
Pto
Cons
N/a
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 6, 2018
Not a diverse company. Poor communication and very low standards for people with out a title. Benefits are no benefits at all. High health insurance only can use it with in Scripps. So if your out of SD good luck.
Pros
Tuition Reimbursement . Only 1500 a year.
Cons
Horrible health insurance. High co pays.
Great Place to work
Clinical Mentor (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CAAugust 6, 2018
Scripps is a great place to work. The staff is very supportive and there are many resources available for staff. On a day to day basis it never feels like work, but going to a place that you enjoy.
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 2, 2018
I worked as a MA for 10 years, too much micromanaging, I felt like I was back in elementary, a lead or Supervisor watching over my shoulder, Toooo Much work, they add & add work, they change your schedule hrs without notice. They don't care if they stress u out with so much work. You are reminded daily what mistakes u have done but not how hard u been working. Back in 2007 Scripps was a great to work for.. the last couple years, after our supervisor was changed everything went down the drain, I had to quit. 10yrs thrown away! Because of Scripps I will bever want to work as Medical Assistant ever again in my life!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Horrible management
Very enjoyable place to work
Radiation Therapist (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJuly 31, 2018
Really enjoyed working here with all the staff. Good pay and benefits.
Only left for a position closer to my home and more money. Would consider working here again
Pros
Good Department, Staff, Benefits
Cons
Distance form my home
Ok place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 29, 2018
Ok place to work. It all depends on the location. Benefits are good and co-workers are nice. Management is not fully engaged in certain places and there tends to be a lot of drama and turnover.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful
Some days are productive when you have good staff
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 29, 2018
Scripps Mercy was much better last year, now we have Lazy cna who hide out and watch movies on their cellphones, who are watching the rns do the work. It is sad.....
Pros
Nice patients and rns
Cons
Poor cna s
Patient Service Rep, Lead
Nursing Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Encinitas, CAJuly 25, 2018
Worked as a Lead in the position of PSR. Truly enjoyed the training of other employees as well as the satisfaction that I provided exceptional care to patient's. Rewading to see patient's happy with their care.
Pros
great medical benefits, health care screening incentives
Cons
4 Managers came and left in a time frame of 3 years.
Diverse and friendly environment to work in
Registered Nurse- MedSurg/Tele/Oncology (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 23, 2018
Best group of people I have ever worked for. You feel engaged every day that you go to work. You feel as though you a part of a diverse community of people working towards the same goal.
Provider Relations
Provider Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 23, 2018
Answered incoming call about authorizations and verification's.. Use of the EPIC system for data entry. Used skype of interoffice communications. I also assisted the accounts receivable department with weekly processing of accounts receivable.
Pros
Had a cafiteria on the premisis. And a gym area .
Cons
A long drive
Everyday is a challenge
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 20, 2018
Everyday is a busy day, there is no time for errors. Scripps was an enjoyable place to work in the very beginning but when healthcare changed, so did the company on many issues. Since reimbursement is minimal, the company had to scale back on alot of things. We just have to make due with what we have. The hardest part of the job is trying to stay on schedule since I am all alone out in a trailer, I don't have an assistant to change the table over and get the next patient etc. So I have to hustle all the time to be on time. But on the other side of the coin, the most enjoyable part is when I can provide the best exam for my patients. I love working in the medical field and am glad I made that career change.
Pros
Boss is not constantly there, me and another tech runs the MRI dept.
Cons
No lunch break alot of the times as no one to relieve me.
Only word great people great organization to work
QA Lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 19, 2018
Great great great
Awesome people
Friendly people
Career orrited n people oriented people
Great leaders,great leadership skills
Fantastic cio,vice president
Productive and good learning culture
Environmental Services Technician/Lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 18, 2018
The most enjoyable part was getting to meet new people and learning more about the San Diego hospital structure. I worked at every Scripps hospital and learned to adapt to every need of the hospital. I answered work calls, inspected hospital rooms for cleanliness, and worked along-side management examining the SWOT analysis of our position.
Pros
Wonderful benefits (PTO) (Health Insurance)
Cons
Ability to move further in my career
Sterile processing
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJuly 12, 2018
I put my sweat and dedication to my job. I learned so much everyday from the effort I put into my job assignment. The management team at this facility were good people. (Co-workers- were PROS and CONS)etc.....
I had lots of love for my department, didn’t really feel that from most.
The pay was standard, and was overtime if needed which was great.
Pros
Workload
Cons
Shortbreaks, constant complaints, no respect
Loved my job at Scripps
RN/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Encinitas, CAJuly 11, 2018
Working most of my 30+ years at Scripps gave me the knowledge and experience I now carry with me as an RN. Once a nurse always a nurse. I miss patient interaction, assessments and TEAM Work.
Pros
Great staff and Supervisors
Cons
wish retirement and Health care benefits were better
Very Positive Place to wrok for.
Radiology Scheduler (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJuly 10, 2018
Scripps Health was a great experience for me since it demanded a clear mind and fast reactions to a very high volume phone call systems and being able to deal with patients that required a multitude of various tests.

I would recommend Scripps Health anyone in that area a an employer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scripps Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight