Scripps Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Loved my job at Scripps
RN/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Encinitas, CAJuly 11, 2018
Working most of my 30+ years at Scripps gave me the knowledge and experience I now carry with me as an RN. Once a nurse always a nurse. I miss patient interaction, assessments and TEAM Work.
Pros
Great staff and Supervisors
Cons
wish retirement and Health care benefits were better
Very Positive Place to wrok for.
Radiology Scheduler (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJuly 10, 2018
Scripps Health was a great experience for me since it demanded a clear mind and fast reactions to a very high volume phone call systems and being able to deal with patients that required a multitude of various tests.

I would recommend Scripps Health anyone in that area a an employer.
Positive atmosphere
Patient Service Rep II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 10, 2018
My experience at my current job is that the environment is faced paced but the culture of the clinic is a very relaxed positive environment. Unfortunately advancement availability is limited.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No room for advancement
food service working
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 5, 2018
i worked in float pool and really liked it. Something different everyday. Remembering all of the small steps of each position is difficult, but totally doable.
Busy
Patient Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 27, 2018
Overall, I have found my work experience at Scripps to be pleasant
I work with a great team, and have learned some new and effective skills. I feel that Scripps is a great company to work for.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Location, traffice
Amazing place to work
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 20, 2018
I wish I had never left Scripps. It was an amazing place to work. Always enough staff. Easy to get time off and people are not overworked or stressed out
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Not enough hours for full time
A great place to work very Employee Friendly Company
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 17, 2018
I have worked for Scripps for over 5 years. This Company is an amazing place to work.I will still be there working now if I did not have to move out of state for personal reasons.This company treats its employees with the most up right respect. They have a great upper management staff. I would highly
Pros
Free Lunches at times
Cons
Very good Breaks and Fair
Temp use
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 15, 2018
They hire temporary staff in order not to give benefits as often as possible. When your time is up, they offer you another temp position. *********************************************************
Pros
You have a job
Cons
They work you to the bone
n/a
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 13, 2018
Full time Quantity over quality At times there is lack of communication Cultured
MA's are not paid fairly for extra work and company makes changes to job description of duties.
Patients make the job enjoyable
Benefits
Cons
Pay for benefits
Huge health care system with many opportunities
Patient Service Representative/Lead (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 12, 2018
Scripps is a great place to work. Just like all companies, it does have its downsides but all in all its great. There are many departments and has something for everyone.
Pros
free lunches, benefits, access to medical care
Scripps Healthplan services
Registered Nurse supervisor of Case Managers (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJune 10, 2018
Busy in and out of office. Frequent meetings. Learned ow to better manage my staff. and my patients. Workplace culture was stressful. The hardest part of the job was trying to be fair and consistent to everyone. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my staff and other peers throughout the system.
Loved working here
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San DiegoJune 7, 2018
I love their mission to strive for great patient care, putting their patients first in everything and doing what ever it takes. I loved the team work too when I was there
Family environment
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJune 7, 2018
Staff treat you like family and management is supportive of you from both a day to day and on-going leadership development perspective. Challenging patient mix with continuous opportunities to use your critical thinking skills.
Pros
Good benefits and supportive management
Cons
Older community hospital in need of expansion to continue to support the community it serves.
Hostile environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 5, 2018
Management turn around at Scripps Encinitas was very high. Management showed favoritism and was unprofessional. If someone didn't care for you they would find a way to get rid of someone to the point of spreading lies. 11 employees quit due to poor management since she was hired on.
Cons
no breaks, schedule changed daily
Bright new job crushed by an inexperienced manager
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJune 4, 2018
High hopes for a bright new job crushed by a poor and inexperienced manager No experience in training even less is leadership. Carried on conversations with employees with no regard who could be over hearing. Patient privacy ignored.
Pros
New employee orientaion/Epic Training
Cons
Inexperienced Manager no knowledge of training for a sucessful team
Quantity over quality
Medical assistant/patient service representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 4, 2018
A positive is patient contact and being able to help them get the most out of their visits. The work culture is very stressful, it's quantity over quality. The training on new procedures is lacking and is usually implemented right away. Not having the appropriate training can set one up for failure. Poor support from management.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
information overload (recent change of EHR), a lot of favortism.
very nice work place
Assist phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 31, 2018
it's very nice work place and friendly coworker. Everyone works as team work. They do care for patient. i'm very enjoyable to work there. i do work couple day at scripp mission valley laboratory.
Good place to start
Epic Credentialed Trainer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 29, 2018
The education is priceless but the work environment and pay is less than satisfactory. You do have some freedom but the advancement in education and proficiency testing is lacking
Pros
Freedom in Schedule
Cons
Pay
good benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 28, 2018
the job has good benefits. they need to pay their employees more. they keep everyone safe and it is a good environment to work in. they treat the patients so nice.
Pros
good bebefits
Cons
poor pay
Great Place to Work
Interim Manager, Clinic Operations (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 26, 2018
Scripps is a great place to work! It has been voted great place to work 11 years and counting. The staff and management are great, helpful and supportive of the staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scripps Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight