Scripps Health Employee Reviews

Not like it use to be
Administrative Assistant - Floater (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 17, 2019
Used to be a great place. Budget cuts, staff reductions, and more makes Scripps a unique place to work. It may still be a great place, but I have not been in the loop.
Good Company
ICU Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAFebruary 12, 2019
Scripps is a very versatile company that was open to all. Do better was the motto and the company works hard to meet the needs of its employees. Wonderful Company
Exciting face pace
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92103February 12, 2019
Good pace to work, fast paced, night shift great team, managers ok benefits vacation time off all good. I would recommend this place, Just need more team work in the am shift, Only few workers that are lazy.
Fulfilling place to work
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 7, 2019
Been eith Scripps for 7 years. I love my job and, the management and staff that i work with. Scripps is active in my community and i believe they are the leading health care system in California.
Pros
Passport discount.
Mostly positive
care manager (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAFebruary 7, 2019
Good company overall. Work life balance could use improvement. A lot is expected, but pay is good! Managers are really nice and co workers. Overall nice place to work.
Pros
pay
Cons
poor work life balance
Fast Paced and great place to work
Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CA 92037February 1, 2019
A very fast paced office for several medical specialty departments answering heavy phones scheduling patients for multiple tests with revisits with the doctor's on the same day. Over the years I have learned so many different things about the healthcare industry. The hardest part of my job everyday is trying to organized certain test that are being requested to be done on same day or within 1-2 days but no available time slots.and by the end of the workday going home totally drained. The most enjoyable part about my job is the the people that I work with and loving what I do on a daily basis which is caring for our patients and making their experience as pleasant as possible as I can while they are here in our clinic.
Answering Service attendant
Patient Service Specialist / PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAFebruary 1, 2019
This used to to be a great company to work for. Management is low down and sneaky. The company wants to appear to the public that they treat their employees well. They don't! I worked for them for five years. Each year it got worst. The company is only interested in the bottom line. Making money at the expense of the employees. They work you to death! Without any higher compensation.
N/a
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJanuary 28, 2019
Scripps was a great place to work. Management needs to be stronger with playing favourites. I was there 15 years as a surgery scheduler. I made a lot of friends and patients that became friends.
Flexible work evironment
Patient representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 28, 2019
Scripp's is a great organization they are flexible with my work schedule for school accommodation. The only down fall in my department is there is a lot of conflict between technicians.
Meh
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 21, 2019
The job was ok, I liked my team and manager the best, that is the only pro and only reason anyone would stay here. The executive staff was very rude/condescending and stuck in their ways. No opportunities for advancement or growth.
Pros
team was great
Cons
executive team was not so great
ok
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2019
filled dr. orders roomed pt's and completed daily tasks asked of me cleaned rooms calibrated needed materials. scheduled appointments for md. preformed injections and took vitals a=on all arriving patients
Dead end job
IS service desk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 17, 2019
NO career advancement it doesn't matter background or experience or how much you have contributed to the team, they rather let good talent go than recognize, plus horrendous metric system, completely designed for failure, you will never be recognized or promoted, ok benefits, low pay
Pros
good team mates (some)
Cons
bad management, constantly changing humor, not a typical, friendly or coaching IT dep, rude military humor at the max splendor.
Busy hospital
Pharmacy Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 14, 2019
I worked for Scripps Mercy, San Diego. This is an atypical work environment as the hospital is extremely busy. The clientele is generally the homeless population and Medicaid recipients. The main reasons I pursued other employment are the emotional strains working in a hospital and relatively low pay.
Pros
Close to UCSD
Cons
Cafeteria food is terrible
Medical Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 8, 2019
I don't have any complaints or anything negative to say about Scripps at all, honestly. It's not perfect, but nowhere is. Although production is important and emphasized on a daily basis, at the same time as long as you are doing your job that shouldn't be a problem so the atmosphere is somewhat relaxed. If there was one thing I would like to change it would be to speed up the cross training a little bit so that we can learn other specialties and learn them thoroughly.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, very friendly people
Cons
Not enough time to cross train properly for other specialties
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help patients.
LVN Employee Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CADecember 30, 2018
A typical day at work would be a busy day. Always learning new skills & interacting with wonderful patients & cooperative co-workers.
The hardest part is not being able to schedule every patient that wants to come in in a certain day & time. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help patients.
Pros
Staff potluck
Cons
Days are too short
enjoyed my time there
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 26, 2018
everything was great just to much computer courses to do. perks was great, employees where great, the yours was 8 hours and 12 hours lots of over time if you like tat sort of thing. no complaints here.
Cons
to much computer training to do, it was exhausting
Great for a start up job
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  ClinicDecember 25, 2018
Scripps is a great for a start up job but when you get your 3-4 experience move on to a better paying job. The raise increase sucks and sometimes you get a bonus and sometimes no won't.
Pros
Co workers and patients are great
Cons
Pay is low, HR doesn't do anything when ppl call about complaints
productive
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 21, 2018
Scripps Health is best in health care Scripps provides a competitive pay with great benefits. Scripps number 1 in patient care and number 1 in community resource for patient health needs.
It is a good place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  10666 North Torrey Pine Road. La Jolla, CA 92037December 20, 2018
Scripps health is good place to work. The management style and the working environment are good, especially the employees in Scripps are very professional.
I don’t have much to say really
Technical Partner, C.N.A (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CADecember 19, 2018
I worked for Scripps for nearly 10 years, I was Happy working at Scripps Hilcrest then I had to transfer to Scripps La Jolla because I felt like I needed a change I made a huge mistake doing so, when I did that it was the biggest mistake. That being sad my last years at Scripps made me decide I needed a break from the health care field and I did that, now I’d like to start fresh with my new License!
Pros
Great experience
Cons
HR supports harassment and bullying done to staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scripps Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Scripps Health.

Powered by Comparably