Scripps Networks Employee Reviews

A great work place
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2018
Leadership and management style - keeping all members informed as they work collaboratively on a goal to succeed.
It is generally a fun work place with lots of team building.
Good place to work in IT
Voice Engineer (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 5, 2018
Work is fairly intense. Project deadlines are fairly intense. Overall, great people to work with and supportive and positive work environment. Good opportunities for growth.
Excellent products - competitive atmosphere
Senior National Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2018
Scripps is an excellent company with top of the line products in the industry. Scripps was just acquired by Discovery Communications and the merger is estimated to be complete by mid March. I enjoy selling the products but I believe that the competitive atmosphere between departments can (at times) be counterproductive to the sales process. I think that the upper management is excellent at Scripps and the people running the company are very smart.
Solid company
Freelance Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2018
Pretty fair with pay, hard to advance to new job titles. Everyone who works there is amazing haven't met one bad person at the Food Network yet! I just wish there was more work to go around.
Pros
Amazing people, solid pay
Cons
No advancement, hard to get steady amount of work
Highly Political
Sr. VP (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 29, 2018
The board allowed political "leadership" or better said, "political people to hold LEADERSHIP positions" that had far more concern for themselves than the company. My experience was disappointing...

Life is to short to be in a cya environment that is more about the survival of the political fittest than it is about moving the business forward.

The lack of leadership, combined with the lack of strategy, ultimately took down the business that was previously privately held and doing FINE....until Scripps came in. They brought in outsiders who didn't know the business nor take the time to understand it.
Pros
Benefits decent
Cons
Political enironment, un-productive
Excellent Executive Management
Inventory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 12, 2018
Excellent overall experience. Executive leadership is top notch. Great benefits. Proud to work at Scripps and help exceed goals. There is an on site café which is very handy. On site game room to unwind. Would be beneficial to have on site childcare available.
A great place to grow.
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 14, 2017
A great place to work with talented people. My job consisted of maintaining equipment VTR's, Monitors and support equipment. After my promotion to training manager, I trained operators on new equipment and scheduled off-site training.
The work environment presented challenges with the changes in technology and content this could be challenging and enjoyable depending on the circumstances.
Overall I enjoyed my experience and learned a great deal from co-workers during my time at Scripps.
Pros
Technology
Cons
Company growth
Great company culture, interesting jobs and fun people to work with
Ad Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 14, 2017
Great environment to work in, cool and friendly people all around. Decent company to work for which means people don't leave and therefore advancement can be tough.
Pros
Good health plan, professional and friendly environment
Cons
Lack of room to advance
Great culture, but no room to grow
Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 28, 2017
Great company but the senior folks never leave so you have no opportunity to move up in your department. New jobs aren't added very often, even if they are greatly needed.
Great Place to Intern
Digital Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 14, 2017
The overall environment was welcoming and most individuals always appeared happy to be at work. Interns are treated with respect and given the opportunity to gain hands-on experience.
Fast paced, results driven, core values focused and compassionate
Senior Vice President (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 26, 2017
Scripps has provided a terrific opportunity to grow my experience, skills and ultimately my career. It is an honor to have participated in the creation of a what has become a collection of very powerful cable programming brands. The same can be said for many other employees. The reasons so many people love working here is the leadership and culture. From our somewhat humble beginnings in 1994 to what is now our global household brands, Scripps success has been very hard fought over many years. While there has been a strict focus on results, the same can be said about the employees well being, a balanced life and our core values.
Pros
Core values including Integrity, diversity, shared responsibility among others.
Cons
people like it here and are productive which reduces turn over and thereby, at times, dampen advancement
Good management friendly people
Assistant Camera (Former Employee) –  DenverSeptember 24, 2017
Learned a lot and was given a good gateway to TV production industry. Workplace culture was nice and cooperative. Hardest part of job was picking up new skills. Most enjoyable part of job was the people.
I do not wish to disclose a review
Executive Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 19, 2017
Not applicable. I do not wish to disclose a review. I currently work here and would prefer not to share. Scripps is a fantastic company with a great culture.
Great Company Overall, poor local management
Sales Planner (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2017
Sales department has poor management. Company culture overall is great. Senior leadership ensures benefits and work-life balance are always above par.
great place to work
Finance (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 7, 2017
great work/life balance
good benefits, esp PTO/flex schedules
friendly people
meritocracy, so hardwork is generally rewarded
rewarding careers
low turnover environment
Pros
progressive PTO/leave policies
Cons
uncertainty with Discovery purchase
Explanation of review
Freelance Copywriter and Editor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 22, 2017
This was a contract position. I was never in their office, but I liked the people I dealt with. I'd work for them again The assignments were clear, and there was plenty of support.
Successful Sales environment
Advertising Sales Planner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2017
Very strong sales organization to be part of. Great place to learn more about sales and the industry. Hard to move up in the company as many (especially upper level) employees do not leave.
Great workplace
Manager, Content Distribution and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 11, 2017
I've had a great experience in my time with Scripps. My internship was extended twice and I was hired upon graduating. Can't ask for much better than that! I've always had great managers who really want to see me succeed.
don't do it
Multimedia Journalist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 28, 2017
there are 100 other places to work.

this place is rediculous. they don't know how to run a news organization.

the news divisions are fine, but they send sales people over to talk about problems that occur in big bureacracies.

they don't know that news divsiions especially small market ones are run like startups, not final-stage kleptocracies.
Pros
inept managment
Cons
inept management
Great Place, great people good company
UI Developer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 9, 2017
Excellent place to work. very supportive people and very good management group.employee benefits also very good. career growth also very good as always more opportunities to explore on different tasks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scripps Networks. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.3Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.