Scrubs & Beyond Employee Reviews

Don't work here if you have other options
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 10, 2019
Its a retail job so its already rough work for not enough pay, Scrubs & Beyond goes above & Beyond in making it even worse however by removing all sales rewards and instead giving you discounts on the scrubs sold in store in lieu of commission or the previous system of sales-goal based bonus'.
You have to wear scrubs as uniform, so if you don't own them already you will be encouraged to buy from the store.
Basically I would only recommend it to medical students looking for part time work that also provides discounts on medical uniforms.
September 16, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're taking this information and addressing the points we missed in delivering a great experience for you. Your comments help us make Scrubs & Beyond a better place.

If you don’t have a life work here!
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 30, 2019
You’ll have ptsd working here! The manager has high expectations 4 everyone except herself! Dont req time off you’ll be punished passive aggressively!
Pros
You can wear scrubs to work
Cons
Working for a self righteous demoted regional manager, now store manager
September 16, 2019

We appreciate that you took the time to share your opinions so that we can reflect on them and think about ways we can adapt and do more to ensure our associates feel valued and appreciated. Thank you for your feedback.

Stone Age Business
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 22, 2019
This place was caught in the stone age when it came to technology. They had a very out-dated sale system and anything that was a custom order required tons of old fashioned paperwork that allowed for multiple mistakes when processing the order. The pay rate was deplorable as well. I could not survive on their skimpy pay rate and the financial stress was just not worth it.
Pros
Uniform Discounts
Cons
Awful Pay

Unpleasant Working Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 21, 2019
Management was rude and extremely disrespectful. Toxic working environment. No matter how hard you work or what you do it is never good enough. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Seems like they were not very happy and lashed out on you. Other reviews are very accurate, including customer reviews

I did enjoy working with the customers and meet some very nice co-workers. I would not recommend working there, very disappointing.

Abusive management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 16, 2019
I have had the worst experience here of my life. Like all company’s, at first things seem great, but once you’re in you realize the sheer disregard for respect you have ever witnessed. I am shocked. I have never in my life worked for someone who is so disrespectful and hurtful. Management is a joke. Your issues will never be fully heard or resolved, and if you go to upper management you’ll just get reprimanded for doing so. I would never conocider coming back unless a regal of management was done.
August 26, 2019

it was an ok play to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 13, 2019
if you need a job with good hours this is the place you are only closed the main holidays management is ok the hardest part is having to work alone you cant close the door for the bathroom or for lunch
Busy place to work
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCAugust 11, 2019
Great group of people to work with and customers were always happy to see us. Lots of change in sales group over last 5 years as business grows. Very physically active with events.
August 15, 2019

We're always delighted to receive positive feedback from our employees! Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Not so great...
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 10, 2019
Management really needs improvement. They play favorites, they over work their employees and give little pay. They refuse to give over time. The turnover is crazy high. Before I left, the store manager had told everyone, the key holders and sales associates, that they were up for the assistant manager position, then started interviewing people from outside of the company for that position, ended up hiring someone completely new,and telling the former employees who were led to believe they would get the position that they just weren't good enough for that position. The store manager and the regional manager will push people to quit if they simply don't like that person, regardless if they are good workers or not (I worked there for 2 years and saw this happen SO many time). Everyone at the store I worked at would gossip and spread rumors, including the store manager and the regional manager, making it feel like I was in high school again. The entire 2 years I worked there, I only got a one cent raise (not kidding). Overall, I really wouldn't recommend working there. Sad to say, but it is very true.

Gratifying Work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXAugust 6, 2019
Not only do you work marketing sales and logistics; you get to know the medical, dental and nursing home staff and administrators. Very gratifying. Not just a retail job.

Typical retail job
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 3, 2019
At my store it is a laid back environment and we all get along very well and seek help from one another when needed. Pay isn’t the best but I’m very loyal to my store and just put up with it anyway. We are short staffed so it can be difficult when you’re busy and you have to deal with group orders or a big transaction when you’re alone. The job itself is fairly easy to me as long as you’re capable of working retail and dealing with customers who are unhappy over things you can’t control. When I first started, all the closing paperwork and procedures were overwhelming but once I got the hang of it, I could honestly do it in my sleep.
August 5, 2019

Negative reviews correct. Listen. Dont waste your time.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 18, 2019
Mandatory by company, and regional to now get a minimum in New medical group accounts added in sales, besides the monthly store sales goal.
Forget internal promotions. Manager overridden by regional, who hires outside people. Employees who were dedicated, knew the business,customers, etc and earned it, passed over. Turnover will get worse. Moral at all time low, for actions by higher ups.
Payroll and store hours allow only one on one coverage, but regional expects secret shop scores monthly to be 90%. Min.

Unprofessional behaviors, gossip, badmouthing, from higher ups beyond store employees.

Terrible environment. Gone downhill.
Pros
None anymore at this company.
Cons
Low pay and payroll hours given. Secret shops monthly. Store hours.

Don’t do it
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 18, 2019
HORRIBLE , you work by yourself with no breaks open/close, you have to eat standing up and peep from the back room to eat, you turn around is not good at all.. They pick horrible store managers.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No break, work alone
July 22, 2019

Not a good place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 9, 2019
I was a Manager and was worked to my breaking point. Working by myself. Heavy shipments. Outside sales responsibilities. It was difficult to manage on 200 hours a week, then they cut the hours to 150. The expectations were impossible to meet. It was a waste of 2.5 years. Pass on this place.

Must be self-starting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 23, 2019
In my experience you would be working alone most shifts and therefore must be able to multi-task. Every employee is responsible for ensuring customers are attended to on the floor as well as the register. Receiving and displaying merchandise is the responsibility for all employees.
Management really needs improvement.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 4, 2019
Work environment was ok. Just too petty with Management and Regional. Lazy and criminal people with bad attitudes and always late but no documentation was done. Too much friendships favoritism for it to be a professional work environment. Management really needs improvement. Management is the absolute worse! Lacking training and support. Over company micro manages every little detail and wants pictures of the store when sign are up or of any sale.
June 17, 2019

They do not appreciate the employees
CASHIER\RETAIL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2019
This company does not care about the employee. If they are understaffed they will want you to come in and still not give you over time. Also they make you HEART sell with every customer and send a secret shopper every month and if you fail they give you warnings. If you have 3 warnings they fire you. This company asks for too much but doesn’t want to pay you more. They also promise you hours but then it varies every week so it’s not a steady schedule. I just enjoyed working with my coworkers but, this company does not care for the employees.
Pros
Get to wear scrubs, slow, and get discounts
Cons
Not enough hours, do not pay good
Very stressful environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  AlabamaApril 28, 2019
Management really needs improvement. No flexible scheduling and the turnover rate is ridiculous. Management is the absolute worse! I do not recommend this job
Stressfull
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDApril 18, 2019
Lacking in training and support or understandi

Set you up to fail and blame you for things out of your control and inconsistent two face policy and instruction. Priority's mixed up
Pros
Good product

Has it’s ups & downs
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 16, 2019
Very slow pace at times but when it’s busy it gets really busy. Some of the people there are very helpful & kind. They need more workers at each store.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
They don’t have enough workers
High turn over rate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 10, 2019
There needs to be more training.
Customers are either very nice or very rude.
Understaffed.
The wages for the job need to be higher.
They need standardized ways to operate.
Pros
Quiet setting
Cons
No full time options, lots of folding clothes and lifting boxes $9ph

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scrubs & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.