SCS Engineers Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive and growing company
Associate Professional (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 30, 2018
The job duties at SCS may change depending on the project at hand and the group the project is divided into. Its great how diverse the projects can get. The workplace culture is relaxed yet productive. The company provides fantastic employee benefits and allows for professional growth opportunities.
Pros
Benefits, Esop, relaxed workplace, challenging projects
Cons
Lack of communication, long project assignments
Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 22, 2018
I am a working Mom and SCS has been a great place for me to balance having a successful career and being a great Mom. There is flexibility in working remotely and different schedules as long as you are performing. I love my team and the people I get to work with throughout the company.
Pros
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), Performance Bonuses, flexibility and culture
Cons
There can be an old school way of thinking at times.
Awful job culture environment
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 7, 2018
repeated daily tasks, promoted and never received honest training, management had a I am God mentality missing the compassion, trust and workplace culture was not fare
Pros
Cons
eeryone not treated fairly
Extremely poor management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 19, 2018
Words can't describe how bad they treat their field personal, and project management is a joke.
Bottom line is the company is existing on revenue soley w/ extremely poor profits.
Avoid SCS like the plague!
Pros
Housing during projects guys dont double up in hotels.
Cons
They will lie to you even if truth sounds better. Backstabbers. Clickish, bias, evil.
Attrition Rate is Extremly High (Rats leaving a sinking ship)
Project Director (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 5, 2018
I recently worked at SCS They expect you to work 50-60 hours per week and pay you for 40, because they under budget to win projects and expect staff to make up the difference by working on their own time.

Many people leave after a year or two. Not a good environment.
Pros
Can’t think of any
Cons
Tampa Office manger
good place to work
Power Plants Manager /Operator (Current Employee) –  Laytonsville, MDJanuary 19, 2018
I really enjoyed , and given lots of lead way to getting things done . plenty time off compensation. trusted judgment.client interaction great. administrative support .
Excellent work environment
Project Director (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 17, 2018
I enjoy very much my job and the people I work for. It is exciting to find new project and new client, then preparing proposals, developing scope of work, budget and project schedules for this potential projects and clients. Finding interesting and innovating ways to design and assist our clients is always rewarding.
Possibly interesting work, poor management in the Pacific Northwest
Senior Geologist (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 3, 2017
"Don't fix the statistics, nobody looks at them anyway, it costs too much to fix them" is a direct quote from a PNW VP. If you can deal with micro management, passive aggressive managers and poor office culture, SCS may offers some interesting work.

Much of the geologic work involves routine field sampling and rote editing of cumbersome reports that have not significantly changed for decades.

There seems to be little opportunity to think in an original or creative way, especially if it does not conform to the way it was done since the 1990s.
Pros
Possibly interesting work
Cons
Much of the work is rote tasks overseen by a micro manager
Environmental Consulting
Staff Professional (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CASeptember 10, 2017
I worked for the office based out of Carlsbad. SCS Engineers is an environmental consulting firm. The office in Carlsbad assissts clients with Process Safety Management and Risk Management Plans. They provide excellent knowledge and support for their clients. There is a steady stream of work, but you get build long lasting relationships with your clients.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Fast paced environment
Very friendly staff. Everyone is helpful and outgoing.
Intermediate Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 24, 2017
I really liked this job a lot. I hoped it would turn permanent but unfortunately it didn't. My assignment was only supposed to be 3-4 months but I ended up staying over a year.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
No budget for new hires
scs
Long Beach CA Fusion Technician (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 16, 2017
MY current job entails full time traveling. This is not for anyone who has home life obligations. If you want to live in hotels, work hard, make good money, learn skills and advance ones self, then working here would be for you.
Pros
60 hours a week, own hotel room, decent money
Cons
old equipment, small crews, could pay better
Management is lacking in vital HR training
Employee (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXJuly 25, 2017
Lacking supervisory skills and training in various types of discrimination and various types of harassment topics.
Work schedule: normal 8-5 M-F
Hardest part of job: Working with difficult personalities where each person believes that they are the most important and most intelligent person in the office
Pros
Pay is average
Cons
work moral and ethics is at a low
stressful place to work under certain supervisors
Designer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 27, 2017
Company overall is good and great benifits. They strive for improvements with constant meetings and programs. Unfortunely the company does not make it great. It's the people and I found the some of the people pass their stress around. Also a few have let their personal feelings interfere with business. To the point there was a vendetta to get someone fired and did with a strategy to document everything.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
very bad communications, Everything is done through emails with instructions which is used to document for negative reasons
Fun group to work with and rewarding job
Project Professional (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 18, 2017
Contact with clients
Designs on projects
Reporting
Field Work
Contact with field technicians
Making sure compliance deadlines are met
Review of performance data
Organize meetings
Nice group of people
Environmental Scientist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 7, 2017
SCS Madison has a good group of professionals that strive to produce good results for their clients at a reasonable expense. The balance of work and personal life is reasonable for the type of consulting business it is due to extended field projects. The office has a number of activities to allow the staff to get to know each other. It is also family and dog friendly.
Pros
social activities
Cons
Consulting firm with all the scheduling issues.
good place to work at
Technician (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 13, 2017
good place to work, friendly staff typically work outside in any type of weather or environment, all work sites are in landfills learned how landfills work.
Awesome place to work owners take car of ya
Fusion welder (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 2, 2017
I'd love to work there again the people are great. The work is hard but rewarding. Own room when traveling. Plane travel from job site to job site
Pros
Cons
Travel a lot no time home
Receptionist; order supplies and keep areas clean
Receptionist/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 3, 2016
Great place. Caring people, lots of work to keep you busy. Great food when it's a special occasion. Some days are crazy busy some days aren't as bad. You will definitely get the hang of it.
SCS Engineers made it a fun and challenging workplace.
High BTU LFG Gas Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 3, 2016
SCS Engineers is a really great company. There are many very knowledgeable people both in management and in the field.
I believe their business will continue to grow and prosper as well as their needs for qualified employees.
Pros
Great healthcare and retirement
SCS is a great place to grow in Environmental Science
Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 9, 2016
At SCS Engineers, any one will have the opportunity to solve problems and work with local officials to make our environment safer and healthier.

I learned to work as a team player to bring the best of my skills to help solving complex environmental issues. I also had the chance to participate in research for project with local cities and government.

I loved my co-workers and our conversations at lunch time. Our outings and birthday celebrations were always fun and creative.

The hardest part of my job was to decide which items and solutions were the best to apply for the job commended after researching for a good amount of time.

The most enjoyable portion of working at SCS were my team and my supervisor. They taught me a lot in the field of environmental science. I will always miss them and continue to grow as an environment advocate.
Pros
Lunches, outings, technology, and team work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SCS Engineers. Our community is ready to answer.