SDDS HOLDINGS, INC

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Hard work and time consuming

This company is responsible for the delivery of telephone directories within the local area. You work at your own pace - route must be completed within 3 days. As an independent contractor you rarely meet your coworkers. Hardest part of job is located the streets on the route.

Quick cash

Inspect and dispatch deliveries. Maps were not up to date and gps device rarely worked properly. Management was unaccountable, double standard process

Pros

paid weekly

Cons

needs new process

Employee Acknowledgement

Not appreciated for contribution to company and was replaced with someone of lesser skills. Promises seemed to be broken when mentioning raises and bonuses

very disorganized,low pay

Inquired about an independent contractor delivery situation in Rapid City SD.Very disorganized company,site manager showed up days late and looking like he just rolled out of bed.Slow to respond to questions and seemed clueless as to delivery procedures.Extremely low pay,no gas reimbursement,not woth the time and wear on your car.

Pros

Cons

low pay, disorganization, poor management

cared about employees

excellent core value. Believed in what is good for the customer is good for the company. Honest communication. All employees were willing to help other departments.

Pros

Belived in its employees

Cons

Insurance increased, not the fault of the compay.

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Excellent Core Values

This company cares about its employees. Believer in what is good for the customer is good for the company. Honest communication.

Okay to work

Watch out because you are just a dollar figure to this group. If they are off budget just a little they say by-by. The people around me where great but the people in corporate who set up the work are very stand-offish and had no idea what they where getting themselves into.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Corporate is inept when it comes to any type of long term planning.

Nice Spring Season Job.

Liked delivering phone books once I got used to it. Enjoyed seeing different towns and streets. Would strongly recommend interested delivery drivers try delivering newspapers first to get experience. Should have someone helping you if you do this kind of work. Didn't like using Comdata cards that didn't allow you to draw out all of your funds. Peaceful at times especially if your alone. Wish they gave me a badge.

Pros

Liked the adventure of seeing different places.

Cons

Short seasonal work.

fun place to work

Didn't work there very long. In that short time I learned a lot regarding Google Earth and uploading and downloading GPS data for contractors.

Pros

short hours

Cons

temp assignment

Excellent Employer

This is an excellent company to work for. Great benefits, professional management team and plenty of down-time between jobs.

Pros

Employee Owned Company

Cons

None that I can think of.

Nice place to work

No benefits , no gas reimbursement, no free lunch,, do not get paid on time. I would never work for this company again. I recommend that no one work for this company . I have work for similar companies and they treat employees better. the company has moved out of area and I believe that is good for eveyone

Pros

work at your own pace

Cons

No bennefirs

Easy & Fun job

Typical day at work would be me driving around the area i live delivering phonebooks the job was pretty easy because i was already familiar with most of the places i was required to deliver to.not really much hard about the job.

Pros

Make my own schedule

Cons

Time consuming

Good place to work, ESOP and 401K.

This was a good company to work for but it is in a dying industry. Phone books are really not what people want anymore.

Pros

ESOP and employee relation lunches.

Cons

Job stabilty leads to high tention with everyone.

Challenging

Busy usually. Very pleasant co-workers. Leadership team very challenging.

Must love Hotels

As a Field Manager you will spend 80-90% of your time in the road. While the compensation is nice, your personal life tends to suffer as you can imagine. No two days are the same so it never becomes boring. The home office staff is supportive and it is nice to work with little direct supervision. this is deffinitely a job for only the most die hard road warrior.

Pros

good compensation and managerial freedom

Cons

time away from home

Productive,quiet work place with pleasant coworkers

Normal day consisted of mapping courier routes for telephone directory distribution. Office enviornment very laid back and casual.

Alousy company to work for

I learned that if you do a horrible job are rude to customers and are late have been fired for previous problems are related to the mngrs .then you will have a job fotr life if you so choose.Good work ethics fail to apply. and the pay is lousy and I was only working part time the past 3 years.

Cons

see above

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SDDS HOLDINGS, INC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• SDDS HOLDINGS, INC