SDSU RESEARCH FOUNDATION

SDSU RESEARCH FOUNDATION Employee Reviews

United States28 reviews
Great part-time job. Very clear objective and directions. Reasonable pay for the work required. Clients are engaged in the process, which provides for a healthy therapeutic environment
Working with second language learners was a real privilege that allowed me to learn about different cultures and practices. It's a real treat to help people connect and learn.
Great job, good staff & supervision. Felt like I was helping clients who were not always aware of their issues.
Am looking for a job & would like to work with you again.
Growth and advancement can be limited to project and funding but a great learning environment. There is a lot of opportunity to work independently and not be micromanaged or restricted.
This is a part time job while i was a student. the job is not directly associated with the organization, but depends on which professor is your boss.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I love to help out my clients and make a difference in their lives.This job gave me the opportunity to do that. I help out to promote independence to individual’s physical capacity, intelligence despite their disabilities.
Pros
flexible
Cons
No benefits
My only problem with the company was that I never received a raise in the over 6 years of my employment. Though my duties were completed in a timely manner and fellow employees who had been there longer received a raise I didn't complain. The benefits were excellent and working with my fellow co-workers was awesome. Therefore, I stayed there in the hopes of when the company stopped downsizing I would receive a raise, but was let go before that could happen. I learned alot about teamwork, excel, organization and efficiency. My most enjoyable memories are with my co-workers and the person (supervisor) over me.
I was working as a graduate research assistant. And I enjoyed working here as it gives a great opportunity to learn from the best in the field. I learned ArcGIS tool which is used to visualize Geographic dataset
There are absolutely no African American or people of color in leadership positions. There is a culture of micromanagement that starts at the top. If you absolutely need a job.....
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Stuck in 1980
I found SDSURF a competitive and judgmental environment. I take constructive criticism well, but the managers I had at SDSURF never offered anything but! It would be nice to hear "Good Job" every now and then.
Benefits
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at SDSU RESEARCH FOUNDATION?
Open 8-5 pm monday to saturday
Typical day was working with the 20 patient with the collection of patient data as daily food intake as a dietician aid, medication. Collection of vital signs, weight, hight, bloow drawn and research data colection for study.
Great place to work for. The benefits are great and you have the opportunity to meet new people and network. The bad part is sometimes there are budget cuts and most programs run on soft money. Managment is relaxed depending on the program you are working for. The hardest part of the job is that most employees are over 50 and the company can really use young blood.
benefits
Cons
lack of career advancement
Most enjoyable part is being able to help and communicate with the students. Also being a part of Project Go and around language instructors and language learners. Everyone is always ready to help out and direct you if you have any questions.
Pros
Friendly, flexible hours
Cons
No cons
Excellent and kind people. Nice environment to work.Management is great. Good learning experience. Fair Breaks and lunch. A lot of data entry and quality control that will help you to get experience on the studies field.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Very strict. Management sometimes did not know what was going on. Lots of busy work, I shredded papers for 3 hours at a time more than once. The management lacks clear instruction.
I worked at SDSU for more than three months. The staff was kind and easygoing. There was a wonderful work environment that was not too stressful.
A typical day starts on time with a continuous flow of work that will challenge anyone to do their best and accomplish all tasks in a timely manner. I learned to work with a variety of low, mid and upper management to help them accomplish their goals for the fiscal year. The hardest part of the job was to provide the service necessary for each team when processes, lack of documentation and integrity of messaging was inconsistent and often changed in the moment to benefit the manager and to the discredit of the administrative support staff. The most enjoyable part of the job was to work with very talented staff and the sense of community exhibited in meetings.
Pros
Great place to learn, talented staff, wonderful benefits, old school ways of work
Cons
Poor Administrative, processes, documentation storage, managers look for faults and errors, ignores what works, not open to change.
Most enjoyable part is their are no fix job hours that you have to come at 9 and work for 8 hours. The only thing that has importance is work and not how it is done.
I love school and this required me to learn so much more. It was great and then progessor was awesome. I do not regret it for a second. Wahoo
I wish I had more job duties that were challenging, and I was able to really show what I could do. But as for that I miss working there.
Pros
Great benefits and retirement plan.
Cons
Laid off because of budget cuts.
• Specimen collection, including phlebotomy
• Processing and shipping lab samples

• Maintain all lab equipment, including sterilization

• Maintain all lab temperature logs

• Maintain and change out sharps containers

• Maintain all budget, lab supplies and inventory logs

• Purchase all lab supplies

• Set up phlebotomy rooms
Ask a question about working or interviewing at SDSU RESEARCH FOUNDATION. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.8Personal Development
4.5Career Opportunities
3.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
SDSU RESEARCH FOUNDATION Reviews by Location