Sea Mar Community Health Centers Employee Reviews

rude staff
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WASeptember 20, 2018
confirmed appointments, and reminders for clients, filed papers, organized papers, and collected mail, cleaned office, cared for the plants! management was rude, hardest part of the job was the management, the most enjoyable was when staff wasn't their
Good working enviroment
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 14, 2018
Working for SeaMar Community Health Center, was very nice. There was a diversity in this health center which was nice to be able to enter act with everyone and have good communication.
Hostile, Toxic Work Environment
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 7, 2018
The MA supervisor was very rude, I would schedule appointments for court related things during my lunch and in front of everyone she stated I should be reprimanded for all of my appointments. The following week I was fired. One of the MA's didn't like me because I did not say good morning to her and I was talked to about being respectful and needing to say good morning and good night to everyone. Another MA accused me of having a bad attitude because I questioned her about a nurse visit, she raised her voice in front of other patients and other staff, I was sent home by the nurse supervisor at 2PM unpaid, apologized to the next day because my questioning was legit in there was no orders for why the patient was there for a nurse visit. Some of the MA's will never change their ways because the management allows them to treat others disrespectfully, they have problems with hiring and keeping staff. I was almost there for 90 days and 5 people had left or had been fired. The day gets hectic and patients are treated poorly, because no really cares about the patients expect the providers. The MA's seem to be herding the cattle, moving the people in and out as quickly as they can.
I had asked to file a grievance on one of the MA's who really was disrespectful to me, yelled at me in front of patients as I was helping them, and yelled at me in front of coworkers, after I let the HR person know about what was happening he never followed up. They fired me 5 days before my 90 day mark, they edited my Kronos to make me 2-4 minutes late, and made up tons of excuses why they were letting
  more... me go, and when I was like umm that isn't right they became defensive and combative.  less
Pros
one hour lunch - peaceful quiet and coworkers no where around
Cons
pay was not worth the time there, meetings are usually before work and that was extremely difficult for single moms like myself, supervisors were disrespectful, fake and unapproachable
none that i can say
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 6, 2018
this position was a learning experience with how dental billing is done working with medicaid most of the time and i enjoyed my time there but the compensation was not enough for a house of 3
Seamar is what it is
Preventative health (Former Employee) –  King County, WASeptember 4, 2018
Sadly Seamar is exactly what it is nothing more nothing less. Management will always stay the same as long as they continue to only promote from within and refuse to outsource and incorporate new views. It is a non for profit that is entirely in it for the profit. Overworking staff with little acknowledgment and continually placing more productivity strains on staff with little to no resources, time or energy to go the extra mile. It is a good place to start gain some experience and then get out. You may learn a lot from this company working with great populations and staff (sometimes) but overall unless you are way up in management where rules don't apply to you, it can be a rocky road.
Pros
Population, Pto, flexibility in some position
Cons
Overworked, management, not competitive enough pay for livability in King county.
Awful company to work for
Integration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 2, 2018
Everyone leaves Sea Mar because it is a bad place to work. It is a typical nonprofit. They could care less about how they treat employees and they pay horribly.
SeaMar Mental Health
GROUP LIFE COUNSELOR II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 30, 2018
SeaMar is money oriented rather than client or staff oriented. Their Medical staff may be adequate, but the Mental Health facility I was employed lack adequate leadership or management.
Least rewarding
Clinic Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 27, 2018
Least rewarding job I have had in my career. Poor management and training for staff did not set staff up for success. Company has very little investment/compassion/concern for their employees.
Pros
Hours
Hostile work environment
Chemical Dependency Professional (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 25, 2018
Hostile work environment. Supervisor hostile, dishonest. Coworkers hostile and/or did not communicate well. Workload more than can be managed without reducing quality drastically and/or cheating.
Pros
Pay and benefits.
Cons
Hostile work environment.
productive work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 15, 2018
I learned work as teamwork, how to handle with busy time, use multi phone answering, communicate with customer cond staff too, set up the conference room for the meeting.
Excellent overall mission & vision
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 14, 2018
Concerning with the lack of training at the middle management level in terms of interpersonal skills and generalized management oversight in some divisions.

Unfortunately this becomes readily apparent when you strike fear in staff (i.e manage by fear) rather than create an environment of mutual respect and growth. Thus, a team environment. Until this is mastered staff turnover will continue to occur.
Pros
Excellent field staff, providers and allied staff. Individual clinical teams enacting the mission and vision.
Cons
Lack of transparency, Failure in collaboration betwmeen the departments, A common disconnect with some about mission and vision.
Excellent
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 9, 2018
Experience has been very good. Have worked for this non-profit organization for almost 10 years and have had the opportunity to grow professionally and serve my community.
Needs help
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Concrete, WAAugust 1, 2018
If you are non-managment consider yourself dirt. They will walk all over you and enforce rules rather than focus on patient care. Such as not providing safe well lit parking in downtown for the 20+ girls/moms that work for them.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
too many to list
Excellent place to start
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 30, 2018
I developed a good portion of my skills through my experience with this company. The manager was great, as well as the co-workers. I learned how to build a strong confidence in the way i say things and direct customers.
Great People to Work with
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 23, 2018
This is great place to work with. Although paid holidays are fantastic, the 8-5 gets tiring. The only thing that can make make things better are a positive work environment and a positive attitude. Management is ok. As an employee, I feel like I don't get a chance for my voice to be heard. My co-workers are so amazing. I have a blast working with them, we have potlucks. I wish we had more receptionists due to the fact that there are so many people to check in, phone calls (our department has no call center) and other daily tasks.
Pros
hour lunches, awesome co-workers, benefits
Cons
Heavy work load, very fast paced, stressful
Good Place to work
SQL BI Developer(SSIS/SSAS(Tabular)/SSRS/Power BI) (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 25, 2018
Its a great place to work
Learn new things daily
promote self learning
encourage to help each other
daily scrum helps to maintain the task list
work is challenging but enjoyable
Job Review
RN (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 25, 2018
A typical work at Sea Mar community Center was very collaborative with a lot o people with different professions such as CNA's, RN's, and Doctors. It was a grate experience.
Its a job
RN - II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 23, 2018
Work satisfaction at Sea Mar depends on what you're doing. Generally less pay when compared to the industry average. More funding is needed to provide excellent and comprehensive care to patients.
Tough work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAJune 6, 2018
Difficult workplace... Toxic. Management needs more training.

High staff turns over. Little concern about work balance. Often violate employees rights.
Pros
Wonder Clients and wonderful Providers
Cons
Non-profit with some broken processes
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 4, 2018
Sea Mar's grants and governmental funding have increased in the last ten years so the company has grown. As a result, there is a lot of competition for visibility within the non-profit which seemed to cloud the mission which is healthcare for families with financial hardships.

Although the mission motivated me, the lack of teamwork in my department was stressful and not productive to my career development.

There are 40+ managers at Sea Mar and most were respectable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sea Mar Community Health Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight