Sea Mar Community Health Centers Employee Reviews

Seamar is what it is
Preventative health (Former Employee) –  King County, WASeptember 4, 2018
Sadly Seamar is exactly what it is nothing more nothing less. Management will always stay the same as long as they continue to only promote from within and refuse to outsource and incorporate new views. It is a non for profit that is entirely in it for the profit. Overworking staff with little acknowledgment and continually placing more productivity strains on staff with little to no resources, time or energy to go the extra mile. It is a good place to start gain some experience and then get out. You may learn a lot from this company working with great populations and staff (sometimes) but overall unless you are way up in management where rules don't apply to you, it can be a rocky road.
Pros
Population, Pto, flexibility in some position
Cons
Overworked, management, not competitive enough pay for livability in King county.
Great People to Work with
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 23, 2018
This is great place to work with. Although paid holidays are fantastic, the 8-5 gets tiring. The only thing that can make make things better are a positive work environment and a positive attitude. Management is ok. As an employee, I feel like I don't get a chance for my voice to be heard. My co-workers are so amazing. I have a blast working with them, we have potlucks. I wish we had more receptionists due to the fact that there are so many people to check in, phone calls (our department has no call center) and other daily tasks.
Pros
hour lunches, awesome co-workers, benefits
Cons
Heavy work load, very fast paced, stressful
HIM Department ROI Clerk
HIM Department ROI Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, WAMay 28, 2018
Answering phones, releasing health information to patient's, and other providers for continuity of care, I learn something new every single day. Management is effective. Workplace culture is relaxed everyone helps each other. The hardest part of the job is understanding the different ROI Authorization forms. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping other co-workers and knowing that you are making a difference in patient's healthcare.
Pros
Excellent Benefits and Generous PTO
Management is a joke
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grays Harbor, WAApril 8, 2018
Patients are NOT the the main focus make no mistake. I got into healthcare to care for patients. Managers are a joke, back stabbing, lying and cannot be trusted. VPs of Operations, CEOs turn a blind eye or really have no clue. Credit and pats on the back for a job well done.......don't expect that your nurse manager or clinic manager will take all the credit. MA Supervisors are AMAZING and get no credit but are the first to get blamed and stabbed in the back. More and more work continues to be put on "back office" staff. Way overloaded for any human.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
clinic management is a joke, no room for advancement, no job security for non union workers
Sea Mar is average
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  South Park, WASeptember 18, 2018
I learned ACCPAC and ACCPAC'S financial package for income statements. Mostly self taught by looking at past FS programs and using help function.

The old controller was easy to work with. Not with new management long enough to know them. The old controller relocated to California.
Pros
good benefits, supervisors accessable
Cons
not much training except what one HAD TO KNOW for job
Good work place for a single man
Chief Engineer - First (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 25, 2018
Seamar llc is a great company to work for,the pay is excellent and with hard work and dedication you are able to climb the latter!if you do not like long hours then this job is not right for you!12-16 hour shifts for 28 days then you go home for 2 weeks.
Pros
Great pay, good employees
Cons
Long hours, never home, no 401k match
toxic work environment, poor management
FRONT DESK SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  WAOctober 21, 2018
Overworking underpaid staff with little acknowledgment. continuous pressure to meet productivity and clinical measures. very poor management, no regard for employee satisfaction
benefits
Work Day
Maternity Support Services (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 9, 2018
I really enjoyed it, working the community, outreach, the staff, the department's management etc. Just looking to advance in my professional career. Needing something new.
Excellent overall mission & vision
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 14, 2018
Concerning with the lack of training at the middle management level in terms of interpersonal skills and generalized management oversight in some divisions.

Unfortunately this becomes readily apparent when you strike fear in staff (i.e manage by fear) rather than create an environment of mutual respect and growth. Thus, a team environment. Until this is mastered staff turnover will continue to occur.
Pros
Excellent field staff, providers and allied staff. Individual clinical teams enacting the mission and vision.
Cons
Lack of transparency, Failure in collaboration betwmeen the departments, A common disconnect with some about mission and vision.
Least rewarding
Clinic Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 27, 2018
Least rewarding job I have had in my career. Poor management and training for staff did not set staff up for success. Company has very little investment/compassion/concern for their employees.
Pros
Hours
Just don’t
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Ocean Shores, WAMarch 9, 2018
At first they treat you like you’re valuable but they will turn on you in the blink of an eye.

They expect every employee to work the job of three people and don’t bother asking the managers for help, they will act put out. However the MA supervisors are amazing and always go above and beyond to help everyone.

The patients are fantastic and it felt good to help them and have their trust.
Pros
Annual raise, hands on with patient, potential for OT
Cons
Poor upper management
Hostile, Toxic Work Environment
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 7, 2018
The MA supervisor was very rude, I would schedule appointments for court related things during my lunch and in front of everyone she stated I should be reprimanded for all of my appointments. The following week I was fired. One of the MA's didn't like me because I did not say good morning to her and I was talked to about being respectful and needing to say good morning and good night to everyone. Another MA accused me of having a bad attitude because I questioned her about a nurse visit, she raised her voice in front of other patients and other staff, I was sent home by the nurse supervisor at 2PM unpaid, apologized to the next day because my questioning was legit in there was no orders for why the patient was there for a nurse visit. Some of the MA's will never change their ways because the management allows them to treat others disrespectfully, they have problems with hiring and keeping staff. I was almost there for 90 days and 5 people had left or had been fired. The day gets hectic and patients are treated poorly, because no really cares about the patients expect the providers. The MA's seem to be herding the cattle, moving the people in and out as quickly as they can.
I had asked to file a grievance on one of the MA's who really was disrespectful to me, yelled at me in front of patients as I was helping them, and yelled at me in front of coworkers, after I let the HR person know about what was happening he never followed up. They fired me 5 days before my 90 day mark, they edited my Kronos to make me 2-4 minutes late, and made up tons of excuses why they were letting
  more... me go, and when I was like umm that isn't right they became defensive and combative.  less
Pros
one hour lunch - peaceful quiet and coworkers no where around
Cons
pay was not worth the time there, meetings are usually before work and that was extremely difficult for single moms like myself, supervisors were disrespectful, fake and unapproachable
Opportunity to learn a lot but lacks structure and training
Patient Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington StateNovember 15, 2018
Sea Mar provides a great opportunity to learn a lot while here however there is a lack of structure when it comes to providing training for new staff. It does offer very good benefits but often times many positions seem like a revolving door with staffing becoming a major issue.
Pros
Great benefits. Opportunity to work with the community.
Cons
Pay. Lack of staffing support. Lack of training.
Hostile work environment
Chemical Dependency Professional (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 25, 2018
Hostile work environment. Supervisor hostile, dishonest. Coworkers hostile and/or did not communicate well. Workload more than can be managed without reducing quality drastically and/or cheating.
Pros
Pay and benefits.
Cons
Hostile work environment.
Good place to gain experience
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 27, 2018
Difficult to get protocols and routines changed. Understaffed. They do provide opportunities to someone who is just starting out. So many of the positions are Union so you can't get a raise based on your merits.
Productive and fast pacing enviornment
DENTAL RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 24, 2018
Really busy sometimes, but learned everything really quickly. Pretty easy but needs some management help. Great place to start off at but it gets overwhelming since they expect so much to be done by front desk. However, they have good opportunities to move up.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Busy, fast paced, and fun
CASE MANAGER II/CDPT (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, WASeptember 27, 2017
As a CDPT you're constantly being looked at. The supervisors I had at the Aberdeen office were great, definitely went out of their way to help me grow and develop as an individual. Management really wasn't too bad. There were some shady things that went on with upper management but for the most part those didn't effect us in the treatment office a whole lot. Company is run by Hispanics, which can be kind of fun, you get Cinco de Mayo off but have to work some other national holidays. The benefits are great. They used to do 2 2% raises a year (sometimes a higher % depending on changes in your qualifications) but I think they stopped that. They are union, I found that to be frustrating sometimes but also nice sometimes - you have someone there to fight for your benefits and needs.
Pros
Fun culture. Fast paced.
Cons
Sometimes a little too busy.
No advancements poor management
Care Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 23, 2018
SeaMar denies to have new management in place and continue to overwork their employees. The culture is great but you are not appreciated by the extensive work you do.
rude staff
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WASeptember 20, 2018
confirmed appointments, and reminders for clients, filed papers, organized papers, and collected mail, cleaned office, cared for the plants! management was rude, hardest part of the job was the management, the most enjoyable was when staff wasn't their
Non-profit with some broken processes
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 4, 2018
Sea Mar's grants and governmental funding have increased in the last ten years so the company has grown. As a result, there is a lot of competition for visibility within the non-profit which seemed to cloud the mission which is healthcare for families with financial hardships.

Although the mission motivated me, the lack of teamwork in my department was stressful and not productive to my career development.

There are 40+ managers at Sea Mar and most were respectable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sea Mar Community Health Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight