Sea Palms Resort

Working at Sea Palms Resort: 9 Reviews

United States9 reviews

Fast paced, hectic, but mostly friendly environment.

Enjoyed working with the people at Sea Palms, overall. Nearly every day was very hectic; so, because I am a bit of a perfectionist, I had to learn that 'putting out fires' was the best I could possibly do on some days. We agreed among ourselves that the management style was rather hands off-in many ways we had to train ourselves and each other. Figuring out how to get myself trained with out going over anyone's head or stepping on any toes was the hardest part of the job. Being able to interact with my fellow employees, vendors, members, and even guest was good. I am a people person so teamwork, making life easier for someone, somehow, makes me happy.

Pros

Enjoyed a friendly crew, lunch discounts, nice breakroom, insurance, and the paid time off program.

Bring around people all the time

Working with Good people and having something to do all the time. Never a dull moment. Always busy. Meeting new people learning new stuff about the job. Being in a nice work environment

Sea Palms Resort insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Support from manager

Beautiful property

Sea Palms resort is a beautiful property currently under renovations. Most of the team there that manages and takes care of the grounds and golf greens are truly committed and love the resort. This makes a difference, as the time when I was there, the property had changed to a new management company.

Pros

Well established resort in the heart of St. Simon's Island

Cons

Cash flow challenges that impeded the team's ability to pay for needed work, but the new management company was working on those corrections.

August 19, 2020
Sea Palms came under new ownership in May of 2019. We hope you will come by to see all the great things happening here at Sea Palms!

Great work place

The staff is amazing and the property is always clean. They have a huge golf course,big pool,fitness centers,tennis courts, restaurant. The rooms are very nice.

Pros

Great food

Cons

Sea Palms

I enjoyed my time at Sea Palms from beginning to end. Not much lateral movement with jobs but if you know what your capabilities are and apply for the appropriate job, it is very exciting and rewarding.

stressful job with low salary and poor management.

stressful job with low salary and poor management. they will force you to finish all the 24 rooms in 6 ours. the elevator is always broken so you have to go up and down for your linens.

August 5, 2020

Great Hotel

the best opportunity given to work with. I love the ambiance , learned a lot and hotel had a lot to offer.. Great accommodations and work place culture.

Terrible dirty excuse of a facility/

Management is unprofessional and impossible to work with. There is no GM, until authority needs to be thrown around.

August 19, 2020

Awesome Experience

When I started working at Sea Palms it was so much diffrent what I was use to from the Hilton, but I had one of the best time of my life working for this company! And thanks for that opportunity I was able to increase my english and learn even more about banquets. The staff was as friendly as they can be and I was welcome there from day 1! Thanks to Sea Palms I was able to develop my knowledge and experience, and be able to comunicate in english, wich was one of my fears, but thanks to them I archieved my goal!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sea Palms Resort. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits