Seaboard Foods Employee Reviews

The pluses and minuses
Director of the Project Management Office (Former Employee) –  Shawnee Mission, KSAugust 26, 2018
Simply put, this is a large US based pork producer. It is not an IT shop and they are not doing cutting edge development and do not have the drive to "fix it, if it isn't broken". Do you research and know what you are signing up for before accepting a job. Please set you expectations appropriately before going to work here.
Pros
Excellent pork products. Best bacon ever.
Cons
Not an IT shop and never will be. Your skills will rust and die on the vine.
Work ethics
Farm hand (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, IAAugust 18, 2018
I love working here, I just dont think that most of the people that work in a place like this have good work ethics. The company thinks that the barns should be clean whitch is a lot better than most companies.
Leader (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 15, 2018
Laid Back Management, good people culture. More leadership/communication training needed, better alignment of goals and more technology is needed. Need to reduce old school processes.
Pros
Laid Back
Cons
Old School Ways
Extremely stressful and dirty.
Plant Production (Current Employee) –  Guymon, OKAugust 11, 2018
Fast paced work environment, loud, and cold environment.
Very bad smell around the area and filthy restrooms. Not enough restrooms.
Poor communication between management and subordinates/employees. No clear goals.
There is harassment and foul language constantly during work and cafeteria hours.
Expect to do two or three jobs at a time.
Extreme micromanagement from the quality assurance department.
Pros
Diversity, low cost of living, and quiet town.
Cons
Short breaks, cold, and/or poor communication.
great place to work at
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Leoti, KSAugust 9, 2018
Working here was a great experience for cause you don't break your back to get things done. by just following some of the different ways to do the job your day will go very smoothly. there are some heck-tic days but yet always learning something new.
August 26, 2018

Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your work and had learning experiences throughout your time with us.

Productive place to work
Level 2 Fieldwork (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, COAugust 8, 2018
Seaboard is a very fun and hard place to work at. From pushing big barrels of feed to processing piglets( which is casterating) to power washing rooms. I loved helping and taking care of the piglets it was a very accomplished feeling.
August 26, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you felt accomplished while at work.

Benefits good
Safety (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJuly 26, 2018
Management was very clique orientated. Not a culture that lends support for advancement or training. Not a transparent culture. Corporate only conferred with management regular employees were not a consideration.
Difficult Work Environment
Utility/Department Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Rolla, KSJuly 21, 2018
I don't know how every farm functions or what the work environment is at every farm. But where I work, I feel like every task is difficult and the manager is impossible to talk to. My manager constantly breaks company rules/regulations but human resources cares more about management than the employees.
Pros
pays well
Cons
doesn't care about employees, hard physical labor, when short-handed the job can be too demanding
August 14, 2018

Thanks for your review. Please know that we do care about our employees and want to ensure your job is enjoyable. We have contacted HR about your concerns. However, we also encourage you to talk to your next-level manager if you don’t feel like your concerns are being addressed with your direct supervisor. You can also contact your HR supervisor directly; we can assure you that HR does not take sides on issues and listens to and addresses issues once understanding all of the details.

Gran ambiente de trabajo
Produccion (Former Employee) –  Perryton, TXJuly 18, 2018
Seaboard food es un empresa exelente para trabajar buen ambiente de trabajo y buen salario
Pros
Buen salario
Cons
Solo puedo trabajar con visa h2a
August 14, 2018

Gracias por su comentario. Nos enorgullece la cultura de nuestra compañía y hacemos nuestro mejor esfuerzo para proporcionar beneficios económicos para nuestros empleados. Estamos felices de que haya tenido una experiencia tan positiva trabajando con nosotros!

It was okay
Herdsperson (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, IAJuly 14, 2018
If you did your job to the company standards and if you never forget anything they will love you, they are not afraid to change their mind on the drop of a hat or pile on the work.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Very Busy
Most favorite job
Forklift Driver /Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJuly 13, 2018
I enjoyed working at Seaboard. Easy job driving a forklift around all day moving pallets in a quick but very cautiously. Got a license to drive and operate a forklift.
Pros
Paid breaks
August 14, 2018

Thank you for your positive review. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at Seaboard Foods!

Daily Life
Traffic Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Guymon, OKJuly 13, 2018
Fast paced, quick start and end. High volume amount of work. I enjoy my coworkers and bosses. Stressful but quick days with the work load. Improved my multi tasking skills.
August 14, 2018

Thank you for your positive review. We know your job isn’t easy and appreciate your contributions!

It was fun to work there
Shipping crew (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJuly 9, 2018
It was a fast paced work environment that demanded a lot of attention. I gained abundant knowledge at Seaboard shipping department. My duties included
-Loading trucks
-Scanning loads into the system
-picking products from warehouse
July 27, 2018

We are pleased to hear that you learned a lot during your time with Seaboard Foods. Thank you for your review. We wish you the best of luck with your next career.

My experience.
Animal Breeder Level 2, (Former Employee) –  2801 Hurliman Road, Guymon. Oklahoma.July 8, 2018
My experience at SEABOARD FOODS LLC. Was a pleasant experience, an encouraging job with an opportunity for optimal advancement, a productive and interesting, challenging workplace. opportunities to meet other employees.
Pros
good working environment, benefits are good. Constant training
Cons
Lack of protective equipment.
July 27, 2018

We are always thrilled when we learn our employees have had a positive experience working with us—and your role was certainly an important one to our connected system. The safety of our employees is important to us, so we hope that you brought your concerns regarding protective equipment to your manager so they could be addressed. Thank you for your review!

Decent
Seaboard Farm Managment Trainee (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJuly 3, 2018
The manager is constantly checking on you and doesn’t speak English. Other than that you get lunch break and the labor isn’t super hard. The small pigs run around as you give them the medicine and jumping the larger pigs pens is easily completed in 15 minutes.
Pros
Semester lunch
Cons
Hot summers
July 27, 2018

We appreciate your honest review of your experience working on our farms. Diversity is important to us and we realize some language barriers may result. We are happy to have been able to play a part in your early career and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Inventory control clerk (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJune 20, 2018
Great place to work I got promoted in my two months probationary period. I believe it's a good work place I left them because I'm a technician I found a better opportunity.
July 27, 2018

Thanks for the positive review. We're happy to hear you had a good experience while working with us. We have many technician opportunities if you ever want to explore those opportunities and returning.

Quick pace environment
Supervisor in Food Production (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJune 11, 2018
If you enjoy working long hours and about half the weekends of the year Seaboard is for you. Competitive pay however management isn't the best to work for. If you have a college degree upper management that has worked their way up the ladder will look down on you.
July 27, 2018

We are sorry that you didn’t find your time at Seaboard Foods a good fit for you. We encourage employees to speak with their managers or our human resources team when they have concerns. They can help fix any problems and/or explore other career opportunities with you that might lead to a better fit.

pig farm.
Pig farm (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 11, 2018
i make sure that the pigs where well taking care of. and if i see one that is not im good shape i will let the manager know what it is doin and where it is at,
July 27, 2018

Thank you for your review and your work for Seaboard Foods. We appreciate hard-working employees like yourself.

Loved working here
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJune 10, 2018
This job does have long hours, however I loved all the different types of people I worked with. We came together every day and it was like family there.
July 27, 2018

Thank you for your five star review! We understand that some roles at Seaboard Foods can be more difficult than others, and appreciate the work you put in for us during your time with us. We are also happy to learn that you enjoyed the diversity of our company and were able to form lasting bonds with co-workers.

Exelente empresa, en general muy bien.
Cuidador de animales (Former Employee) –  Perryton, TXMay 30, 2018
Buen ambiente laboral y excelente trato tanto de mis superiores, compañeros y personal de recursos humanos. Una gran familia.
Pros
se labora con visa de trabajo.
Cons
ninguna
July 27, 2018

We appreciate your service to Seaboard Foods and your positive review. We are glad that you had such a positive experience here!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seaboard Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight