Seaboard Foods Employee Reviews

Plant/Farm
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKNovember 25, 2018
Overall, the experience at Seaboard Foods was good. Had the opportunity to work on the Farm side and the Plant side in Guymon. Both cultures different, yet both have a common goal. People are great to work with there. Management is ok but could be better. Pay is fine for hourly employees, but for salary employees, it is not. Cannot advance in management career unless you are buddies with the upper management. Most management grew up in the industry, so they stay with the same management in their network. Having those challenges made me a better manager, so no negativity toward the Seaboard management team in Guymon. That is just how it is in the processing plant industry, whether its beef or pork.
Pros
Easy to get a job there.
Cons
Short break, pay, career advancement, work-life balance, and no opportunites for key employees to adavance in management.
November 27, 2018

We are happy you had a chance to work at both the farm and the plant and were able to establish relationships with employees from different areas of our business. Through your review, we understand your expectations for advancement weren’t met. It is our recommendation that employees discuss concerns and employment expectations with supervisors or human resources. Open communication with managers helps us better understand and meet our employees’ career aspirations. Thank you for your positive review and best of luck with your future endeavors.

Animal caretaker.
Animal caretaker (Current Employee) –  Holyoke coSeptember 25, 2018
This company is full of cliques. Managers, assistant managers, production managers are all part, and if you are not in them you don't get treated the best. There seems to be no advancement if you are not part of those cliques. They have you do work that is supposed to be part of a higher pay grade but you dont get the pay. The other workers are great, and even though there is a language barrier at times, we seem to make things work and understand what needs to be done. There was a lack of training, and have had to figure things out on my own, or had things explained over the phone. They need to teach their managers how to teach the staff and not leave it to the employee to watch what's being done and just do it.
Pros
Benefits, guaranteed hours
Cons
Managers, lack of training
October 2, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Please contact the HR representative in your area so that we can address your concerns and come up with a solution.

Too many "gangs"
Stockyards (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKOctober 22, 2018
Promotions are based on if you're friends with the generals/super attendants/human resources, I lost count on how many people that never learn how to work their lines became supervisors and got fired within a month for lack of production. Any ways, this is a good company if you're into making money and not spending time with your family, I don't like that this company doesn't apply their own policies in a fair manner, rules only apply to those who don't become friends with the higher ups.
Pros
Salary is good
Cons
Every higher-up has their own cliq, they only promote their buddies.
Awesome place to start a career
Hog roller (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJanuary 4, 2019
Had lots of fun met some cool people salary was nice management was understanding and caring everyone was treated like someone important and the training was super
January 9, 2019

Thank you for your five star review! Based on your location, it appears you were likely an employee for Seaboard Triumph Foods, a processing plant that is part of our uniquely connected food system. Should you decide, we encourage you to write a review for Seaboard Triumph Foods on their Indeed page, as well.

Fast Pace
Farrowing Team Member (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKApril 9, 2018
A day at seaboard was always fun and fast paced. I felt like as soon as I got there my day was over in no time. I learned why it was so important to take such good care of the product and live production that was being raised. management rewarded their workers and that made you feel like they appriciated you for being there and doing what you did everyday for them. The hardest part I thought was getting pas the 1st two weeks being sore but after that it was all worth it. I loved the staff I worked with they were a great team and I would go back in a heartbeat to work there again if I ever had too.
Pros
Free lunch ins
Cons
bad weather
June 7, 2018

Thank you for the five star review! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with Seaboard Foods and appreciated our company’s strong culture and dedication to producing a high-quality product.

Benefits good
Safety (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJuly 26, 2018
Management was very clique orientated. Not a culture that lends support for advancement or training. Not a transparent culture. Corporate only conferred with management regular employees were not a consideration.
Great company to work for
Retail Field Trainer and Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 11, 2019
Seaboard was a great company to work for in all ways. The culture is to take care of their employees. Benefits and pay were on par with the expectations of travel and the jab
Pros
Hours
Quick pace environment
Supervisor in Food Production (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJune 11, 2018
If you enjoy working long hours and about half the weekends of the year Seaboard is for you. Competitive pay however management isn't the best to work for. If you have a college degree upper management that has worked their way up the ladder will look down on you.
July 27, 2018

We are sorry that you didn’t find your time at Seaboard Foods a good fit for you. We encourage employees to speak with their managers or our human resources team when they have concerns. They can help fix any problems and/or explore other career opportunities with you that might lead to a better fit.

My experience.
Animal Breeder Level 2, (Former Employee) –  2801 Hurliman Road, Guymon. Oklahoma.July 8, 2018
My experience at SEABOARD FOODS LLC. Was a pleasant experience, an encouraging job with an opportunity for optimal advancement, a productive and interesting, challenging workplace. opportunities to meet other employees.
Pros
good working environment, benefits are good. Constant training
Cons
Lack of protective equipment.
July 27, 2018

We are always thrilled when we learn our employees have had a positive experience working with us—and your role was certainly an important one to our connected system. The safety of our employees is important to us, so we hope that you brought your concerns regarding protective equipment to your manager so they could be addressed. Thank you for your review!

Leader (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 15, 2018
Laid Back Management, good people culture. More leadership/communication training needed, better alignment of goals and more technology is needed. Need to reduce old school processes.
Pros
Laid Back
Cons
Old School Ways
Extremely stressful and dirty.
Plant Production (Current Employee) –  Guymon, OKAugust 11, 2018
Fast paced work environment, loud, and cold environment.
Very bad smell around the area and filthy restrooms. Not enough restrooms.
Poor communication between management and subordinates/employees. No clear goals.
There is harassment and foul language constantly during work and cafeteria hours.
Expect to do two or three jobs at a time.
Extreme micromanagement from the quality assurance department.
Pros
Diversity, low cost of living, and quiet town.
Cons
Short breaks, cold, and/or poor communication.
Work hard for the money
Time and Attendance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKSeptember 30, 2018
Very stressful, but still a very good job. Lots of hours, but good co-workers to help out. I worked the accounting department and their is lots of stuff that has to be done in a very timely manner. They don't have a problem with paying overtime when needed.
Pros
great pay
Cons
very long hours
October 1, 2018

Thank you for your five-star review of your time with us at Seaboard Foods.

High stress and fast passed business
Transportation Manager (Former Employee) –  Perryton, TXNovember 24, 2018
I loved my job but Seaboard Food came in and took over and I was let go because of my position. I have a good standing with all of my contract workers and my company workers.
Pros
working with the animals and co-workers
Cons
new management and Seaboard people
Seaboard Farms
Farm Manager (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJanuary 10, 2018
In charge of breeding and farrowing department 100+ employees in pig farm production. Long hours, satisfying and intense physical labor. Had to shower in and out to prevent disease. Learned lots about breeding and raising pigs for consumption. The workplace culture was a mixture of diverse and local employees as well as management. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of the animals
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Long rural commutes
Difficult Work Environment
Utility/Department Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Rolla, KSJuly 21, 2018
I don't know how every farm functions or what the work environment is at every farm. But where I work, I feel like every task is difficult and the manager is impossible to talk to. My manager constantly breaks company rules/regulations but human resources cares more about management than the employees.
Pros
pays well
Cons
doesn't care about employees, hard physical labor, when short-handed the job can be too demanding
August 14, 2018

Thanks for your review. Please know that we do care about our employees and want to ensure your job is enjoyable. We have contacted HR about your concerns. However, we also encourage you to talk to your next-level manager if you don’t feel like your concerns are being addressed with your direct supervisor. You can also contact your HR supervisor directly; we can assure you that HR does not take sides on issues and listens to and addresses issues once understanding all of the details.

fast paced and free workout
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKMay 24, 2018
you are in your uniform and clocked in at door, ready to do hand exercises. then to your station until lunch. How to pack meat and use dry ice. Management each had a lot of people under them. the higher up the manager the nicer. Many different languages spoken and many different backgrounds. the hardest part was using the same muscles and getting sore. the best part was you get fit while you earn money.
Pros
paid sick days
June 7, 2018

It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your time working for Seaboard Foods – and got some extra physical benefit from your hard work at the same time! Thank you for your great, positive review.

It was okay
Herdsperson (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, IAJuly 14, 2018
If you did your job to the company standards and if you never forget anything they will love you, they are not afraid to change their mind on the drop of a hat or pile on the work.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Very Busy
fast pace but great company
Maintenance Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKSeptember 18, 2018
Great company to work for just some racial profiling with some people in HR. Most of the people there were really nice!! Bosses were great. when it snowed they would order in so that we would not have to drive. There was just one bad apple there that was making it impossible to work in the environment but if that apple was to be removed it would of been perfect
Pros
lots of discounts and great health care
Cons
Hr
October 2, 2018

We are happy to hear that your overall experience with our company was positive. We are looking into your concerns so that we can rectify any issues for the future. Thank you for your feedback.

The pluses and minuses
Director of the Project Management Office (Former Employee) –  Shawnee Mission, KSAugust 26, 2018
Simply put, this is a large US based pork producer. It is not an IT shop and they are not doing cutting edge development and do not have the drive to "fix it, if it isn't broken". Do you research and know what you are signing up for before accepting a job. Please set you expectations appropriately before going to work here.
Pros
Excellent pork products. Best bacon ever.
Cons
Not an IT shop and never will be. Your skills will rust and die on the vine.
Busy work and good pay and good people to work with
Ranch Hand (Former Employee) –  Chester, OKJanuary 19, 2019
I used to work for seaboard foods from 2007 to 2014 on the sow farm in Chester Oklahoma I enjoyed it I would like to be employed there again I live in Enid Oklahoma and would be close to Hennessy so I could drive to fill out a application
Pros
I liked the payed vacation
Cons
Good benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seaboard Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight