Seaboard Foods Employee Reviews

Farm Work back breaking
Farm Worker- power washer (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKNovember 6, 2018
If you like to work with your hands and are young and strong. Seaboard farms is the job for you. They are flexible on their hours to work. You may have to relocate quiet often though. Plus it is literally manual labor. Hard physical labor.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Physically challenging and relocation a lot
November 8, 2018

Thank you for your five-star review. Our farm workers play an important role in our connected food system. We appreciate the work you put in during your time with us and wish you the best of luck in your next career.

Too many "gangs"
Stockyards (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKOctober 22, 2018
Promotions are based on if you're friends with the generals/super attendants/human resources, I lost count on how many people that never learn how to work their lines became supervisors and got fired within a month for lack of production. Any ways, this is a good company if you're into making money and not spending time with your family, I don't like that this company doesn't apply their own policies in a fair manner, rules only apply to those who don't become friends with the higher ups.
Pros
Salary is good
Cons
Every higher-up has their own cliq, they only promote their buddies.
Work hard for the money
Time and Attendance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKSeptember 30, 2018
Very stressful, but still a very good job. Lots of hours, but good co-workers to help out. I worked the accounting department and their is lots of stuff that has to be done in a very timely manner. They don't have a problem with paying overtime when needed.
Pros
great pay
Cons
very long hours
October 1, 2018

Thank you for your five-star review of your time with us at Seaboard Foods.

Real fun place friendly faces
Seabord maintenance (Current Employee) –  Guymon, OKSeptember 28, 2018
In my experience I actually injoy working here many things to learn new experiences learned many new skills. Met a lot of new friends that were always help
October 1, 2018

Thank you for your review. We're happy to hear that you've found your new skills useful and have been able to establish meaningful connections with your fellow employees.

Animal caretaker.
Animal caretaker (Current Employee) –  Holyoke coSeptember 25, 2018
This company is full of cliques. Managers, assistant managers, production managers are all part, and if you are not in them you don't get treated the best. There seems to be no advancement if you are not part of those cliques. They have you do work that is supposed to be part of a higher pay grade but you dont get the pay. The other workers are great, and even though there is a language barrier at times, we seem to make things work and understand what needs to be done. There was a lack of training, and have had to figure things out on my own, or had things explained over the phone. They need to teach their managers how to teach the staff and not leave it to the employee to watch what's being done and just do it.
Pros
Benefits, guaranteed hours
Cons
Managers, lack of training
October 2, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Please contact the HR representative in your area so that we can address your concerns and come up with a solution.

Friendly people to work with fun and exciting to learn about swine.
Team member (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKSeptember 21, 2018
I loves working at seaboard foods it is as a fun work environment and great learning place about swine love to coworkers and great supervisor. It’s a hard job but well worth the knowledge.
Pros
Paid days off and paid holidays
Cons
Short breaks
September 27, 2018

Thank you for your review. We're happy you enjoyed your experience with us.

fast pace but great company
Maintenance Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKSeptember 18, 2018
Great company to work for just some racial profiling with some people in HR. Most of the people there were really nice!! Bosses were great. when it snowed they would order in so that we would not have to drive. There was just one bad apple there that was making it impossible to work in the environment but if that apple was to be removed it would of been perfect
Pros
lots of discounts and great health care
Cons
Hr
October 2, 2018

We are happy to hear that your overall experience with our company was positive. We are looking into your concerns so that we can rectify any issues for the future. Thank you for your feedback.

The pluses and minuses
Director of the Project Management Office (Former Employee) –  Shawnee Mission, KSAugust 26, 2018
Simply put, this is a large US based pork producer. It is not an IT shop and they are not doing cutting edge development and do not have the drive to "fix it, if it isn't broken". Do you research and know what you are signing up for before accepting a job. Please set you expectations appropriately before going to work here.
Pros
Excellent pork products. Best bacon ever.
Cons
Not an IT shop and never will be. Your skills will rust and die on the vine.
Work ethics
Farm hand (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, IAAugust 18, 2018
I love working here, I just dont think that most of the people that work in a place like this have good work ethics. The company thinks that the barns should be clean whitch is a lot better than most companies.
Leader (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 15, 2018
Laid Back Management, good people culture. More leadership/communication training needed, better alignment of goals and more technology is needed. Need to reduce old school processes.
Pros
Laid Back
Cons
Old School Ways
Extremely stressful and dirty.
Plant Production (Current Employee) –  Guymon, OKAugust 11, 2018
Fast paced work environment, loud, and cold environment.
Very bad smell around the area and filthy restrooms. Not enough restrooms.
Poor communication between management and subordinates/employees. No clear goals.
There is harassment and foul language constantly during work and cafeteria hours.
Expect to do two or three jobs at a time.
Extreme micromanagement from the quality assurance department.
Pros
Diversity, low cost of living, and quiet town.
Cons
Short breaks, cold, and/or poor communication.
great place to work at
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Leoti, KSAugust 9, 2018
Working here was a great experience for cause you don't break your back to get things done. by just following some of the different ways to do the job your day will go very smoothly. there are some heck-tic days but yet always learning something new.
August 26, 2018

Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your work and had learning experiences throughout your time with us.

Productive place to work
Level 2 Fieldwork (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, COAugust 8, 2018
Seaboard is a very fun and hard place to work at. From pushing big barrels of feed to processing piglets( which is casterating) to power washing rooms. I loved helping and taking care of the piglets it was a very accomplished feeling.
August 26, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you felt accomplished while at work.

Benefits good
Safety (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJuly 26, 2018
Management was very clique orientated. Not a culture that lends support for advancement or training. Not a transparent culture. Corporate only conferred with management regular employees were not a consideration.
Difficult Work Environment
Utility/Department Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Rolla, KSJuly 21, 2018
I don't know how every farm functions or what the work environment is at every farm. But where I work, I feel like every task is difficult and the manager is impossible to talk to. My manager constantly breaks company rules/regulations but human resources cares more about management than the employees.
Pros
pays well
Cons
doesn't care about employees, hard physical labor, when short-handed the job can be too demanding
August 14, 2018

Thanks for your review. Please know that we do care about our employees and want to ensure your job is enjoyable. We have contacted HR about your concerns. However, we also encourage you to talk to your next-level manager if you don’t feel like your concerns are being addressed with your direct supervisor. You can also contact your HR supervisor directly; we can assure you that HR does not take sides on issues and listens to and addresses issues once understanding all of the details.

Gran ambiente de trabajo
Produccion (Former Employee) –  Perryton, TXJuly 18, 2018
Seaboard food es un empresa exelente para trabajar buen ambiente de trabajo y buen salario
Pros
Buen salario
Cons
Solo puedo trabajar con visa h2a
August 14, 2018

Gracias por su comentario. Nos enorgullece la cultura de nuestra compañía y hacemos nuestro mejor esfuerzo para proporcionar beneficios económicos para nuestros empleados. Estamos felices de que haya tenido una experiencia tan positiva trabajando con nosotros!

It was okay
Herdsperson (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, IAJuly 14, 2018
If you did your job to the company standards and if you never forget anything they will love you, they are not afraid to change their mind on the drop of a hat or pile on the work.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Very Busy
Most favorite job
Forklift Driver /Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJuly 13, 2018
I enjoyed working at Seaboard. Easy job driving a forklift around all day moving pallets in a quick but very cautiously. Got a license to drive and operate a forklift.
Pros
Paid breaks
August 14, 2018

Thank you for your positive review. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at Seaboard Foods!

Daily Life
Traffic Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Guymon, OKJuly 13, 2018
Fast paced, quick start and end. High volume amount of work. I enjoy my coworkers and bosses. Stressful but quick days with the work load. Improved my multi tasking skills.
August 14, 2018

Thank you for your positive review. We know your job isn’t easy and appreciate your contributions!

It was fun to work there
Shipping crew (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJuly 9, 2018
It was a fast paced work environment that demanded a lot of attention. I gained abundant knowledge at Seaboard shipping department. My duties included
-Loading trucks
-Scanning loads into the system
-picking products from warehouse
July 27, 2018

We are pleased to hear that you learned a lot during your time with Seaboard Foods. Thank you for your review. We wish you the best of luck with your next career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seaboard Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight