Seaboard Marine Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
poor leadership
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Medley, FLJuly 11, 2018
The management did not follow appropriate protocal in some departments. no room for advancement and no financial incentive. Promotions were no factored on performance but rather on friendships and favoritism was ripe within this organization.
Good company to work for- great employees
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Medley, FLJuly 3, 2018
I have been with the Company for over three years. During this time I've been able to expand my knowledge in the industry and have created great working relationships with my peers. Overall the staff is very family oriented and management does a great job in helping you succeed. Management does a good job in addressing any issues that may arise. They always try to make sure their team works well with one another and that their employees are happy. I have been able to participate in seminars which has helped improve my job performance.
Pros
Employee benefits, holiday events, health insurance, Pto, customer service, family-oriented culture, and corporate discounts
Cons
Company should match a higher 401k percentage.
Factory Style
Export Ocean Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Medley, FLJune 11, 2018
Factory Style Work force, worked until 12 am at times due to maintaining deadlines. Pay was very low for amount of work given. There is no room for growth all high positions were taken and highest paying employee. they do not value there employee was team leader which was only $18.00 that's the highest.I found jobs after seaboard that offer that at beginning rate and less work.. Seaboard Marine is usual factory style also there system is from the 1980's. Good Luck lol
Productive working environment
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 30, 2018
Management could be better, however, the culture is amazing and the salaries are competitive. Very challenging at the beginning, the workload could be better distributed.
Fast paced
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Medley, FLMay 16, 2018
Need to work on communication skills with employees. Good Learning experience. Hard to advance upward. The employees mostly speak Spanish, need to be bilingual.
DO NOT APPLY HERE you are wasting your time.
Confused - given many tasks outside scope of work (Current Employee) –  Medley, FLMay 7, 2018
Typical day begins with painful backstabbing acupuncture by the Elite (but some people enjoy that sort of thing). Must agree, that one does learn a lot about the corporate world and its effects in such toxic environment ( I must have earned like a Master on the subject by now) Management is a joke governed by dinosaurs (same as another post mentioned). There's too much employee turnaround, if you disagree, visit their website and see job postings (those are not new positions). Work itself is ok if not bothered by stupid request every 10 minutes. Don't expect to advance or make a career from this place at all (you will grow old just like most data-entry clerks).

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the bureaucratic of executives and the lack of backup by HR dept...and of course the most enjoyable part of the job is "going home" with a painful back!! (and it was not cause by the cheap chair)
Pros
401K and free cookies on Holidays parties
Cons
healthcare expensive, NO pension plan (only for the Elite) Low-Pay Rate!!!
Enjoyed working here
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 24, 2018
At SeaBoard Marine i had the opportunity to grow within the company. All co-workers were extremely nice and we all worked as a team, helping and pushing each other towards our individual goals.
My experience
Senior Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2018
I was a loyal employee of Seaboard Marine for the past 5 years.. It was a great place to work, professional work environment, relaxed, and respectable.
Cashier
Freight Casher/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medley, FLApril 7, 2018
On a daily I was responsible for handling and management of the bills of lading for our clients container shipments. I'd collect payment for the collections dept as-well. I learned a lot at Seaboard regarding what items can and cannot be shipped thru containers. Our manager was a great dept manager, the work culture is casual. The hardest part of my job was not releasing the bills of lading due to payment issues. The most enjoyable part of my job....was my job I enjoyed it very much!
Very Challenging
A/R Credit Collector (Former Employee) –  Medley, FLMarch 12, 2018
Very fast paced, enjoyed the work I was doing . But did not like no Breaks in between to unwind . the department co workers were great and very helpful.
Pros
good Health Insurance plan
Cons
no Breaks except for lunch
Excellent Project
global sales (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 28, 2018
Very organized and well manage company, with great logistics. Dynamic and balance work environment with location across South America and the Caribbean.
fun work place
Traffic Coordinator of South America Division (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 10, 2018
I learn many new things that many companies doesn't know i regard the shipments, as per custom regulation on each country how they importance of vessel transit time, hard part is when season is picking up, is long hours work but is enjoyable.
Un ambiente sano, afable , respeto entre compañero. Mucha sociabilidad entre compañeros y supervisores.
Digitacion (Former Employee) –  Domican RepublicJanuary 1, 2018
Trabaje en esta empresa en dos etapas de mi vida en el 2004 y fue la empresa que me dio la oportunidad de conocer ese mundo de la logística de cargas maritima. Luego no hubo posibilidad de ser contratada fija. Y año más tarde volví a pertenecer a ese grupo de hermandad. Ha sido para mi el mejor ambiente laboral que he tenido en toda mi vida laboral.
Por situaciones adversas vine a residir a los NYC y tuve que dejar mi empleo.

Fue una experiencia inolvidable, pertenecer a ese grupo.
Pros
Si
Cons
Si
Accounting environment and opportunity
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 9, 2017
It is a fast paced place to work but the environment in the department is really good. Everyone is helpful and friendly. Even during closing, people laughs. Managers are always welcome to solving questions, provide training, and help us to get things done. They have pushed a lot the great work-life balance which is a big plus and based on what I've seen during my time, they work a lot to train people and to promote within which is also valuable because they don't bring people to the team with high positions to learn from us. They also allow us to provide feedback, ideas, and get involved in projects if we request them.
Overall, it is a great place to work.
Pros
Flexible vacations
great advances
Power Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 26, 2017
outstanding job. They really let the managers run their section and gave flexibility to us the make our section better. great knowledge and you met people all over South America. Would work there again if the opportunity come up again. Great career
Fun Place to Work
Contracts Analyst (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 16, 2017
I loved working here. I only left because we moved across the country. Even then, Seaboard let me work remote until I was able to find a secure job. I absolutely loved working here.
typical workplace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 6, 2017
working here was an excellent experience, the other staff were verey knowledgeable and easy to get along with. i enjoyed woking here but this only a temp assignment
Pros
great team
Cons
no benefits
outside job with low pay
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 4, 2017
You work for 13 hours outside with low pay, the main problem about the job is the Houston weather the working environment isn't good but every other thing is okay
Pros
Relaxed and 0ne hour lunch break
Cons
outside job with low pay
Nice work place
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Medley, FLJuly 9, 2017
Nice place to work but with little opportunities for advancement. Brings you an opportunity to learn and train in new task related to the market section but do not offer a clear path to grow within the comapny.
Pros
Good compensation/benefits
Cons
Little opportunities for advancement
Workplace
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 29, 2016
Good company to make a career. People are very professional and well informed, it's complemented by a really good management.
Pros
Good place to start a career.