Seacoast Bank Employee Reviews

Good company
Senior Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLSeptember 14, 2018
I was happy working there but felt like I could have moved up the ladder after working there for 16 years and never entered into a management role. Overall it is a good company to work for.
enjoyed assisting customers with their accounts
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLAugust 28, 2018
Assisting customers with applying for loans was rewarding,. Some customers were not happy if they were overdrawn, so a little so called TLC was needed with those calls.
Pros
had a great schedule, and supportive supervisors.
Fun Place to work with great management
AVP ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER /LOAN SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLJuly 29, 2018
Work Hard, Play Hard... The Lending and underwriting department is the best I have worked with and the branch atmosphere is fun and aggressive to reach and advance in sales with great bonus structures.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No Holiday bonus
Perfomred as CFP worked with both fixed income and equities, funds, 401K managed $75 million in assets
Vice-President/Wealth Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJuly 27, 2018
Responsible for promoting bank to prospective high net worth clients
and manage $75 million in assets. Also called companies that were clients to introduce 401K products. Used outside contract research firms and advisory capacity. The bank fell into trouble during the 2008 meltdown they had built a brick and mortar building in Palm Beach Gardens and with too many bad commercial loans and change in management
Pros
Liked manager who retired
Cons
Bankk had to many commercial loans then 2008 happened and they had difficulties
Manager was underhanded and provided a hostile atmosphere
Sr Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 11, 2018
Worked for the company for a short times, was very excited after training but, soon learned that in my office it was very close minded, clique that loved to say this is bank procedure/policy to customers instead of trying to find a solution to the customers problem.

When I had a problem with my manager and knew it was something that I could not handle on my own I contacted HR for direction. They said I should not have to work under those conditions and I did the right thing by calling them. I was confident they would investigate my situation but, nothing was done and they did not even follow up.

I am not a disgruntled employee I truly wanted to protect the bank from a very bad situation that could become a huge liability to them.

The client base was wonderful and they are very loyal to Seacoast.

I was hired for one position with a clear job description and was not trained beyond the 3 days training that everyone goes thru.

Being in bank management for many years I saw a lot auditing issues, because I wanted to know the right way to do things I asked questions, answer was always this is how we have always done it. I I did my best to bring my experience to the office but, was labeled. my advice would be to find out more about who you are working with (management )this person is a huge liability because of their banking background . I was targeted, it became a hostile environment and HR did nothing to protect me. I was warned but, did not listen
Nothing like I have every experienced before....over 30 years in banking to be treated so badly
  more... do your homework.  less
Pros
great reputation in community
Cons
management, communication and training
Great company
Senior Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 28, 2018
great company. cares about its employees. great base play. bonuses are not compariable to other banking institutions. would recommend the company to others
Work
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLMay 10, 2018
I was the receptionist for the Human Resource Department and handled in coming new hire paperwork. Everyone was very friendly at the bank. The company was very good about hiring within. I answered any questions regarding their employment.
Pros
Banking
Good company
Relationship Manager/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 1, 2018
lots of growth with a great management staff. The company is really trying to change the mindset of the previous leadership and exes. They have brought in some great talent to do so
Lack of Supervision
Client Advisor/ Teller (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 8, 2018
There was lack of Supervision at this location, No Manager.
I feel I did not get an opportunity to learn everything I needed to know about my job responsibilities. Classroom lasted only 3 days then back to branch.
Pros
1 hour lunch, Hours were great
Cons
Lack of Supervision and training .
Good Culture, bad procedure
AVP, Banking Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMarch 13, 2018
The atmosphere is fun but there is not continuity between branch operations. The training is not there, there is no clear cut procedure to follow when it comes to audit practices. It is slowly becoming a big bank and losing it's community culture.
Lack of Customer focus
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Okeechobee, FLFebruary 21, 2018
When I started we were so focused on how to get and keep a customer, by the time I left it was more about how much money do they have and how many products can we get them to have and use. I liked the company when we were customer focused and not sales driven.
Pros
Benefits, incentives
Cons
Lack of customer focus
Seacoast`
Client Advisor I (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLFebruary 13, 2018
Too long to progress. I was told at least 10 years to move on to the next level. I was frustrated. Co-workers afraid to make mistakes makes for a not so friendly environment.
Community Bank growing!
Training and developing staff (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, FLFebruary 8, 2018
My first banking job. I loved all my co workers and all the employees there. Great area surrounded by lovely people. Growing community bank with strong leadership.
Seacoast was a nice place to work
Executive Assistant to Human Resource Director (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLJanuary 25, 2018
I started out as Executive Assistant to CIO, which she left the bank. I was moved to work as receptionist but a job came up as Executive Assistant to the County President. I partnered with him for 3 years and did all administrative work as well as Consumer loans. A lot of month end reports, board meetings and luncheons to arrange. Very busy office. The culture was stressful and well as upper management communication was not being funneled down to middle management at that time. The Bank was going through cultural changes to be brought up to digital upgrades with a new way of banking. At that time they went thru layoffs and my President and I were among the many that were let go. Two weeks later I was hired back for a year as a contractor in HR at which time I left and they kept calling me back for different assignments.

I was with Seacoast for 8 years and really made a lot of friends there. The Bank is doing well today with the new upgrades and new culture.
Pros
They had a cafeteria
Cons
Lack of communication
Portfolio Manager (Lending Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 8, 2018
Productive. A very soild place to start your career. So much information to learn, and grow. Always opportunity to achieve more and reach individual success.
Very Fun and relaxed working environment
Client Advisor II (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 27, 2017
Seacoast is a very fun and relaxed company to work for. The management care about their employees. Daily interaction with customers and peers. Seacoast treats all of their customers as family.
outcasted
Branch Specialist (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 26, 2017
This is a job in the banking industry. Simply got tired of the harassment and racism. Had to part ways. It was a family type atmosphere until new people started coming in. I was always being approached for what I said how I said it but when another worker would do the same thing nothing would be said to them.
Not much to it
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 31, 2017
Very small bank trying to grow without a compelling value statement or competitive advantage. Not enough branches to compete with big banks and no real product advantages either.
I enjoyed working for Seacoast Bank
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 25, 2017
I have never worked for a better group of people. The workplace culture was very demanding and they expected you to get your work done on time. The hardest part of the position was telling realtors, buyers that their was a problem getting the loan closed. The best part of the job was when everything went according to plan and the loan closed on time. A typical day at work was gathering all the docs from the borrower. Making sure the application and credit report match and they didn't leave anything off the application. Which could make a big difference in their ratio.Once everything is in the computer system rerun DU or LP. I have learned that you never tell anyone they are approved before the U/W has signed off with the approval.
Pros
Health Care, Vacation
Cons
No breaks because you were to busy to take one
Poor place to work
Assist customer (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLOctober 20, 2017
First, the manager were not helpful, as they said they would be. They make you work 9+ hours with only ONE 30 min lunch, no breaks. They have criminals working there. They always rush us to rush the customers off the phone as well as lie to them (This is the Telephone Banking Center)
Pros
Pay is great
Cons
Stressful, horrible insurance