Seacoast Bank Employee Reviews

Work
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLMay 10, 2018
I was the receptionist for the Human Resource Department and handled in coming new hire paperwork. Everyone was very friendly at the bank. The company was very good about hiring within. I answered any questions regarding their employment.
Pros
Banking
Lack of Supervision
Client Advisor/ Teller (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 8, 2018
There was lack of Supervision at this location, No Manager.
I feel I did not get an opportunity to learn everything I needed to know about my job responsibilities. Classroom lasted only 3 days then back to branch.
Pros
1 hour lunch, Hours were great
Cons
Lack of Supervision and training .
Good Culture, bad procedure
AVP, Banking Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMarch 13, 2018
The atmosphere is fun but there is not continuity between branch operations. The training is not there, there is no clear cut procedure to follow when it comes to audit practices. It is slowly becoming a big bank and losing it's community culture.
Lack of Customer focus
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Okeechobee, FLFebruary 21, 2018
When I started we were so focused on how to get and keep a customer, by the time I left it was more about how much money do they have and how many products can we get them to have and use. I liked the company when we were customer focused and not sales driven.
Pros
Benefits, incentives
Cons
Lack of customer focus
Seacoast`
Client Advisor I (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLFebruary 13, 2018
Too long to progress. I was told at least 10 years to move on to the next level. I was frustrated. Co-workers afraid to make mistakes makes for a not so friendly environment.
Community Bank growing!
Training and developing staff (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, FLFebruary 8, 2018
My first banking job. I loved all my co workers and all the employees there. Great area surrounded by lovely people. Growing community bank with strong leadership.
Seacoast was a nice place to work
Executive Assistant to Human Resource Director (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLJanuary 25, 2018
I started out as Executive Assistant to CIO, which she left the bank. I was moved to work as receptionist but a job came up as Executive Assistant to the County President. I partnered with him for 3 years and did all administrative work as well as Consumer loans. A lot of month end reports, board meetings and luncheons to arrange. Very busy office. The culture was stressful and well as upper management communication was not being funneled down to middle management at that time. The Bank was going through cultural changes to be brought up to digital upgrades with a new way of banking. At that time they went thru layoffs and my President and I were among the many that were let go. Two weeks later I was hired back for a year as a contractor in HR at which time I left and they kept calling me back for different assignments.

I was with Seacoast for 8 years and really made a lot of friends there. The Bank is doing well today with the new upgrades and new culture.
Pros
They had a cafeteria
Cons
Lack of communication
Portfolio Manager (Lending Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 8, 2018
Productive. A very soild place to start your career. So much information to learn, and grow. Always opportunity to achieve more and reach individual success.
Very Fun and relaxed working environment
Client Advisor II (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 27, 2017
Seacoast is a very fun and relaxed company to work for. The management care about their employees. Daily interaction with customers and peers. Seacoast treats all of their customers as family.
outcasted
Branch Specialist (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 26, 2017
This is a job in the banking industry. Simply got tired of the harassment and racism. Had to part ways. It was a family type atmosphere until new people started coming in. I was always being approached for what I said how I said it but when another worker would do the same thing nothing would be said to them.
Not much to it
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 31, 2017
Very small bank trying to grow without a compelling value statement or competitive advantage. Not enough branches to compete with big banks and no real product advantages either.
I enjoyed working for Seacoast Bank
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 25, 2017
I have never worked for a better group of people. The workplace culture was very demanding and they expected you to get your work done on time. The hardest part of the position was telling realtors, buyers that their was a problem getting the loan closed. The best part of the job was when everything went according to plan and the loan closed on time. A typical day at work was gathering all the docs from the borrower. Making sure the application and credit report match and they didn't leave anything off the application. Which could make a big difference in their ratio.Once everything is in the computer system rerun DU or LP. I have learned that you never tell anyone they are approved before the U/W has signed off with the approval.
Pros
Health Care, Vacation
Cons
No breaks because you were to busy to take one
Poor place to work
Assist customer (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLOctober 20, 2017
First, the manager were not helpful, as they said they would be. They make you work 9+ hours with only ONE 30 min lunch, no breaks. They have criminals working there. They always rush us to rush the customers off the phone as well as lie to them (This is the Telephone Banking Center)
Pros
Pay is great
Cons
Stressful, horrible insurance
Great coworker atmosphere
Operations Officer (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLSeptember 7, 2017
Customer focus has gone by the wayside, replaced by profit. There used to be a much more customer friendly approach to banking. Staffing levels have been reduced dramatically at the cost of customer service.
Pros
Cons
Lack of vision
It's okay
Peak Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Hobe Sound, FLAugust 28, 2017
It was a job. Nothing great, nothing terrible.
Learned transactions.
Management was good.
Culture was very prude
Hardest part of the job was making sales each quarter
Good people to work with
Associate (Former Employee) –  Stuart FloridaJuly 6, 2017
Always worked tirelessly. Atmosphere however was more apt to tell you what you were doing wrong rather than right.
Good community bank. Need a few more "cheerleaders" to remind the associates of their importance.
Pros
The associates
Cons
Negativity and expectations
Users and Tricksters
Intern (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLJune 23, 2017
They desperately needed someone so hired quickly. When the position opened up, the roly-poly manager lady told me that I did not have initiative, which was an absolute lie, because I was coming from a job where I was constantly promoted based on my initiative and suggestion to management. I worked very well while I was there and my team members were even rooting for me to get the job. The person who got the position told me eventually that she was promised a position when she worked there once on a merger project. This woman has defamed my character and they should be exposed to their racist culture.
Productive and nice place to work
Loan Operations/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLMay 18, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Seacoast the job was through a temp-agency and he contract ended. I would like to go back to work there in the future . I have applied several times and they keep telling me they chose someone else so I stopped applying.
Management makes a difference..
Branch Specialist (Former Employee) –  St Lucie West, FLMay 7, 2017
Job was great until new management took over.. Half the company lost their jobs when the market crashed so job stability is so- so. Moved out to retail to avoid being laid off.
Great start in banking
Teller (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLApril 20, 2017
Seacoast is a great company with strong commitment to its community. The company has grown and is reshaping its delivery channels to more digital. Many branches in Martin County.
Pros
Great work life balance and pleasant staff
Cons
slow advancement opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seacoast Bank. Our community is ready to answer.