Seacoast Commerce Bank Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
Great company to work for
Customer Service/Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAMarch 8, 2018
I enjoyed this company very much. They were very friendly and helpful to make you succeed within the company. I had a great salary and benefits. The company encouraged advancement and travel to other branches.
Great place to work, everyone is truly sincere
Anonymous accounting employee (Current Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CAJanuary 30, 2018
I have worked at Seacoast Commerce Bank accounting department for almost a year and I have nothing but positive things to say. I enjoy how everyone collaborates together. Everyone is willing to answer questions from HR to the CEO we all pitch in. There was a bank merger in 2017 and everyone worked together to help it run as smoothly as possible there were bumps along the way but everyone chipped in. I have worked for other community banks in the past and this is one of the strongest. Management is easy to talk to and you learn a lot. The hardest part of the job was learning how to do all of my specific duties and I continue to learn. The most enjoyable part is how nice everyone is to work with, the bank is one of a kind.
Pros
The benefits, breakfast on Fridays, and work life balance
Cons
Working at a high pace but it always makes the day go fast
Controller (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 16, 2017
Good place to work. Worked well with managers and upper management. Learned a lot from CFO. Enjoyed working with peers, subordinates and those from other departments.
Energetic, Positive Work Environment
Vice President, Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 11, 2016
Extremely positive work environment. Employees are supported in personal and professional growth.

Managerment communicates well and genuinely cares about staff.

Great experience to work there, so sorry my position was eliminated.
Pros
Large choice of free beverages and healthy snacks
Productive Small Commercial Lending Institution
Note Department Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CAJuly 16, 2014
Working in a 3 person department with a workload on a 3 hour funding window provided me with interdepartmental relationships that enabled me to meet and/or beat the deadline. While ensuring quality assurance. The most difficult issue for me was the micromanaging. The most enjoyable part was just being employed.
Pros
I was able to learn more about the industry.
Cons
Short breaks and/or no breaks and growing pains
Best part of the job was my co-workers
Assistant Vice President/SBA Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 22, 2013
Typical day at work consisted of reviewing SBA loan files for eligibility and to see if the business was credit worthy. I learned new parts of the job that most banks have different departments assigned to complete the task so the underwriters can concentrate on underwriting. Management was somewhat cold but the co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was establishing working relationship with management due to their high expectations. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with my fellow employees.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Expectations and work load outweighed the positives