SEAKR Engineering, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good Company-Not so great department
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJune 12, 2018
When I first started, people were apologizing to me in advance. I was told the last person was in tears when she walked out the door. It didn't take long before I found out what they were talking about. Training was insufficient, goals were unrealistic. I did not learn what was really expected of me until I was 45 days in. Overtime is mandatory, every week.
Pros
Base Salary, plenty of overtime
Cons
Too Much Overtime. Substandard preparation (training, warning)
good
Property Admin. (Inventory Control) (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COApril 3, 2018
this is a good benefits company to work, except managers lack of training. the company is expecting 110 percent of perfection all time,
very little room for errors.
Soldering Technician (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COMarch 25, 2018
It was a great place to work for. Work load was starting to get slow. People were getting laid off and I was one of them. If they called to hire me back on, I would gladly take the position back.
I thought it would be a fun place to work- boy, was I wrong
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COMarch 20, 2018
The management in 3 different areas did not welcome creativity and ambition. It was more of a sit there and I'll tell you when I need something. When mentioning things that need attention and volunteering to take it on- nothing ever happened. If it wasn't on the manager's to-do list it didn't get attention. I wasted 5 years of my career. Management and perhaps HR never took into consideration what experience you may have other than your current position.

People are not true to your face. Good workers have been let go without any true explanation or reason. You have to be in with the good old boys.
Pros
Benefits were good
Cons
If you are not an engineer, you are expendable. There are slackers that seem to slide along year after year.
Small company that grew beyond its ability to perform professionaly
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COMarch 14, 2018
Father/brother-run company that grew too rapidly, Needed to concur with big-size company Federal regulations but didn't want to. They didn't like my input on what they had to do to meet the regulations.
Pros
Nearby my home--short commute.
Cons
Garbled direction, resistance to change.
Great place, great engineers, short-sighted management
Sr. Hardware (ASIC) Designer (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 19, 2018
It is a great place to work with some note-worthy exceptions:
1) Engineering tools (software licensing) are shoe-string budget items and constantly under review.
2) Managers are not responsive to non-technical issues.
3) HR is under-staffed for a 500+ employee company.
4) Full-time employees are treated as contract workers and reassigned or laid off without a review process.

On the plus-side, work-life balance is highly left up to the individual. No strong pressure for extra hours; everyone knows what they need to do and kicks in as needed. No slackers.

Engineers are excellent and are pretty good at collaboration with some exceptions.
Pros
Offices are nice; small-company feel (picnics, celebrations, etc.)
Cons
Short management insight on programs lead to frequent turn-over.
Fun environment with interesting work
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CONovember 29, 2017
Learned a ton while working here and got to be involved with some really interesting projects - had some crazy busy times, but also some slow times, on average 40-45 hours a week. Management really goes out of their way to provide extra benefits - great retirement and health care packages, good bonuses, Christmas parties, etc. The company is having some growing pains, but overall it's a great place to work.
Productive relaxed environment. Lots of outdoor enthusiasts
Senior Avionics Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Centennial, CONovember 18, 2017
Family owned business. Although expansion in size is exposing some growing pains I believe this company with it's current leadership will be very successful.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Can be stroll push sometimes requiring large amounts of over time. 60+ per week.
Loved the people and miss my "second family"
Property Management (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COOctober 17, 2017
I have no complaints other than it gets to political for me. I miss so many people there and learned a lot to be who I am today. When I was hired my schedule was very flexible but that changed quickly after new management.
Pros
free lunches, bonuses and benefits
Cons
political, favorites, and not secure
Interesting work when funding allows
Senior Hardware Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJuly 26, 2017
Rewarding to be part of a team providing unique products (space-worthy ASICs). Privately owned business fosters tight team environment. However, upper-level managers take big risks resulting in insecure job retention likelihood.

Little or no training for tough assignments - totally left to individual initiative.

Promotion rare. Raises are minimal (but at least there is a token effort). Retirement funding is generous. Vacation and time off is well managed.
Pros
Occasional social time / team building, Big-fish/small pond means everyone has an important role.
Cons
Remote management with indistinct goals, overzealous program management; underzealous upper management.
fast paced and productive workplace
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COMarch 31, 2017
-work hard, play hard mentality
-good culture and amazing benefits
-not the best training provided
-opportunity to learn a lot
-people are usually friendly
-can be stressful during certain times of the year
Pros
Great benefits, good leadership, and small company feel
Cons
not the best training program
Toxic work environment
Production Assembly Technician Aerospace (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COAugust 6, 2016
Favoritism to the max. Too many different languages being spoken on the floor..creating a distrustful environment. Management is toxic
Pros
Benefits!!
Not recommended
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COJuly 8, 2016
SEAKR Engineering is a highly stressful company that provides minimal training to their new employees.

There's alot of nepotism and cronyism (The appointment of friends and associates to positions of authority, without proper regard to their qualifications)

Co-workers and management is always looking for a scapegoat rather than working to resolve the root cause.

The work atmosphere is toxic and unpleasant.
Pros
volleyball league
Cons
Lack of planning and scheduling, People are continuously thrown under the bus.
Extreme Nepotism
Engineering (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 18, 2016
Too many mom's dad's, sisters,brothers all working together here. Conflicts of interest are everywhere. Great environment if you are related to someone that already works there. Most people are rude and passive aggressive. Would not recommend working here at all.
Pros
I have not found any pros
Cons
Nepotism
Great Company
Business Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 29, 2016
SEAKR is a great company with excellent benefits. The only downside is that the training is really bad. Besides that, it is a great place to work.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Friendly Environment, Great Culture
Cons
Terrible training
make a difference
Quality Engineer, Flight Systems (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COAugust 14, 2015
with a small company you can make a difference and at SEAKR Engineering this is possible.

work hard, play hard

family owned and run.
Fantastic company
Contractor through Accurate Engineering Solutions (Current Employee) –  Centennial, ColoradoJuly 26, 2015
Work hard, play hard. Extremely talented workforce. Management is great. Family-owned private company rapidly expanding. True team environment. There is always a lot of work to do, but I thrive in that type of environment. I also love working in SATCOM. I have been given the opportunity to perform so many different jobs, that I have never been bored. I have learned so much working at SEAKR. They take excellent care of their employees AND their contract employees. I have been a contractor there for almost 5 years, but never once felt like I was not part of the team. Rewards and accolades always given when appropriate. Two beach volleyball courts, exercise room, and just a great work environment.
Pros
Flexible work schedule - work/life balance
Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJune 5, 2015
If you are looking for a challenging career, which is shared by all within the company, look no further. They offer up a great sense of family in the organization and the only reason I left was due to family desires to return to the west coast, otherwise I'd still be there.
Pros
Activities available during the day for relaxation, after work events, challenging work, the people
Cons
Pay could have been better.
Very High Coolness Factor
Digital Design FPGA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COApril 12, 2015
Great top level management, never a shortage of work to be done, very cool spacecraft electronics programs. The owners and vice presidents are a pleasure to work with, and do a very good job keeping forward moving progress. It would be nice if some of the recommendations and warnings of upcoming issues and needs were better heeded by middle management, but they appear to be improving as well. While peer reviews are commonplace, input and comments/concerns about management or outdated policies are neither sought nor heard. All in all, a good place to work, especially of coming in as a new hire. Once tenured, raises get much smaller as expectations get much greater. Could be that way everywhere, but as many say, "At least Im not at Lockheed anymore", it could be worse to work elsewhere.
Pros
good job security, challenging designs and projects, good company family owners
Cons
poor overall average work/life balance, little support in the midst of overly aggressive schedules, coworkers can busroll and be cut throat with their own team members, average to below average compensation and raises
ok
KanBan/Material Specialist (Current Employee) –  Centennial, CODecember 14, 2014
no fun... an engineers dream and im not an engineer
I dont like working at this company.
Not much to say just filling space'Hoped it would be much different atmosphere. Not exciting or challenging at all
Why do I have to keep typing
Actively looking for another opportunity that is challenging
Pros
?
Cons
lots

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SEAKR Engineering, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

SEAKR Engineering, Inc. Reviews by Location