Sealed Air Employee Reviews

If you are a Pro Technician, stay away
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 10, 2019
I was told many things before hiring. Most of them turned out to be untrue. My work territory, potential for commission, culture, even the 'free' company car proved to be wrong. When I tried to discuss this with my manager, it was shrugged off. It's like they don't want you to succeed. Bizarre.

I was I was told after I was hired that I would not receive formal technical equipment or sales training until I was working there a year. I was still supposed to repair equipment and sell service contracts in the mean time.
It is embarrassing to be sent to a customer site to repair something when you don't even know what the equipment looks like, never mind how it should work. I was told I needed to call other Technicians for repair advice, while I am at the customer site. They are busy too, and often would not answer their phones. My coworkers had to train me, either during a ride-along or during cell phone calls.
There is no root cause diagnosis. No one uses the minimum of even a multimeter for testing. Instead you keep throwing parts at it until the fault is corrected. Ridiculous!

I've been a Technician for many years, having managed several service departments, but have never seen anything like this.

I was also supposed to be making my commission targets, but had no time to work on my CRM. Too busy doing service calls-for free, btw.

Who does this? Sealed Air.
Pros
Minimum oversight on part usage and inventory
Cons
Cliques, lack of training, lazy management
Nice place to work
Extrusion Operator (Former Employee) –  Iowa Park, TXMarch 4, 2019
Great training program and learning environment. Competitive pay and great benefits. Hours were a little difficult and took some getting used to. Over all, a decent place to work.
very stressful place to work
Administrator CRPC (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCMarch 4, 2019
The position that I was doing I really enjoyed but it got very stressful toward the end. I wanted to work closer to home and that is the reason that I left.
Work force and management team were just not on the same page
Lead Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCMarch 1, 2019
The Opportunities are there for the ones that come into the job looking to be successful.
The training program has its shortcomings and needs to be more formatted with milestones and check ins from supervisor.
Pros
Opportunity to learn new skill set and allowing operators to take ownership in their products
Cons
Not enough of a team push for productivity
Seald Air
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAFebruary 25, 2019
It is a good company to work for the only down part is that management is not the best.The work is easy the person doing packing needs to be fast is a fast paced job.
Green company
Credit & Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 21, 2019
Responsible for reducing delinquency and reconciling disputes pertaining to outstanding balances.
Ensure customer account accuracy to maintain successful business to business B2B invoice collections.
Extensive research in Netsuite and SalesForce reviewing short payments, unapplied credits, and contract discrepancies.
Collaborating and assisting internal customers determining resolutions and escalating measures.
Senior Business Unit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 15, 2019
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. The workplace culture is okay. Some management can be a little stiff. A typical work day can be busy.
Pros
gym, cafeteria, work life balance
Cons
depending on department but very fast pace
Great atmosphere to work in
Ink Operator on Press (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARFebruary 11, 2019
The people were nice and the work was easy. Co-workers were helpful to you and were always willing to work with you. Mangers and Team Leads were kind and caring.
Pros
Great people
Cons
It is a very stressful fast pasted environment with a lot of daily challeges and poor mangement
Operator (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCFebruary 6, 2019
A typical day at work would be very stressful and full of challenges . The management was very poor and undisciplined. A lot of the departments were very unorganized and not able to meet product time lines. At of safety incidents not properly reported. A lot of mangers are not good teacher or listeners and lack leadership. Many meeting were department problems and issues were discussed were never meet with solutions and would often cause more problems because of that. After awhile it becomes hard to work their with the poor environment and no were to turn for help or guidance within management or human resource department
Pros
Cons
stressful work life everyday
Trust me its bad
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 3, 2019
You do not want to work here this place is a absolute joke the management is horrible people are fired at left and right people that have been here 3 months to 30 years does not matter they will walk you out with no issues you can only be late three times and you're fired you could not say certain words or wear certain clothes there are all kinds of rules here trust me his place is crazy I've been here almost four years and I'm looking to get out it is not fair what they pay you and all the work you do you will work 12 hours a day for months straight without any days off its dirty also

Want to know more about Sealed Air?

Ask a question
Stay away - Product Care Division is a disaster
Product Care - Marketing (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 31, 2019
I'm still employed here (3 year employee) and I (and many others) cannot wait to get out of this place. Don't be fooled by some of the good reviews here. You might even get a good job offer from this company but you will regret working here within only months when you see the culture and poor management.

This company is a complete tragedy. The Product Care division is mismanaged in every way. Acquisitions is what keeps this division look better than it really is. Organic growth is almost non-existent. Total jokers are running the show here.

Stay away. Don't even think twice.
Identity crisis
Senior CUSTOMER EXPERIACE PARTNER (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 23, 2019
This company has so many big ideas, but hasn’t been able to follow through. If you love a changing environment you will enjoy this company. However, the last couple of years has been a roller coaster of excitement and let down.
Cool place to work for if the other workers like you
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARJanuary 21, 2019
Stay to yourself don’t feed into the gossip it’s as about quality and safety stay focused on the job don’t make friends and you’ll be ok paid breaks gym reimbursement
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Terrible co workers
not a good place to work
Shipping Dept. (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILJanuary 17, 2019
There are many ,many things can be said about how bad it is there. The biggest thing is that there was no advancement there, stuck in the same position for years
Involuntary Severence offered
HRIS Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 16, 2019
This company has several Federal problems with auditing and has the writing on the walls for decline. The culture is very doggy dog and the HR department does not listen to it's employees.
work a lot of hours
Operator (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCJanuary 13, 2019
I was a operator
management was good
enjoyed the atmosphere
great place to retire from
learned to work long hours
The have some 8/12 hours departments
Pros
paid 2x
Cons
some short breaks
Productive place of work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Hudson, NCJanuary 10, 2019
Very fast paced and good work environment. Good job but no time off for family or Anything. I have worked 2 months straight 7 days a week. Anywhere between 8-12 hours a day.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
No time for family, work almost every weekend
Productive and fast paced work but also fun and room to grow.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hudson, NCJanuary 8, 2019
A typical work day at Sealed Air consists of constant movement and working together to complete the task at hand. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the heat during the summer and the cold during the winter.
Pros
Paid lunch, collaborative, multiple breaks, great benefits, compensation, overtime
Cons
A lot of mandatory overtime, site manager, drama
Management is horrible
Packer/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAJanuary 7, 2019
If you're the type of person who would like to work at a job with little or no training, Sealed Air in Hanover PA is the place for you! If you like being screamed at by the operator and lead person, Sealed Air is the place for you. If you like going to work everyday and not knowing what sort of crummy job you'll be forced to do, Sealed Air is the place for you. If you like being lied to and bullied by management, Sealed Air is the place for you. If you like working in unsafe conditions on a regular basis where you might lose a limb or two and be held accountable for your accident, Sealed Air is the place for you! If you like sharing the break room with the resident mice, Sealed Air is the place for you! Other than that, I have no complaints!
Pros
99% of my coworkers were awesome! I don't work there anymore.
Cons
I worked there
Great Culture, Decent Compensation, but Shrinking Company
Product & Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 7, 2019
The best part of working at Sealed Air is the culture of the organization - after working there for four years it is clear many care deeply about their job, the company, and customers. The company has decent compensation compared to its competitors but is low compared to the geographic area it is located. Recent challenges in the company's Product Care Division are a major drag on the other more profitable division and will likely result in the company continuing to shrink, a trend started in 2017. Overall I would recommend as a great place to work in the short term (next 5 years) however growth opportunities beyond that may be limited as the company continues to shrink and return cash to the market via share buybacks.
Pros
Excellent campus, many long-tenured employees, organizational knowledge
Cons
Limited IT resources, shrinking company, cost considerations above performance considerations, limited talent pipeline

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sealed Air. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight