Sealed Air
51Below average

Sealed Air Employee Reviews

United States451 reviews
It's who you know and not what you know to get ahead at Sealed Air.If you are looking a company to grow your career, Sealed Air is not the place for you. Nice facilities and amenities but the culture can be toxic.
I don't have the energy to write a full review, but I would think twice (heck, three times) before accepting a job offer here at Sealed Air. I can't speak for all departments, but my experience has been poor and I wouldn't recommend.
Pros
Nice Campus (that's about it)
Cons
Culture (very cliq-ish), Training/Support, Pay, Benefits and many others...
Sealed Air has a beautiful campus which lured me in but this company is not what you think. Poor management, poor training, and you will not be allowed to move up unless you’re in the inner circle. The work load is insane and they don’t care if you have to stay hours beyond your shift. They have a get the work done by any means necessary mentality. If offered a job here please weigh all your options as you will definitely regret it if you end up here.
Pros
Campus, cafeteria, coffee bar, work from home abilities
Cons
Management, work load.
I like the schedule that I'm on. The vacation time & PTO/ sick time is fair. If you are seeking long term employment I wouldn't recommend here but if working with others who dont like to do much isnt an issue you may enjoy it here.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Most of the employees are lazy
Main company objective was to drive up stock price and bolster upper management bonuses. Used strict policy of management by objective. Objectives were set a year in advance and were usually vague and could not be changed for the year once set. Used forced ranking for employee evaluations. Ranked employees on Bell Curve in each department, regardless of performance. (Someone had to be great and someone had to suck) Benefits were steadily reduced over the years. Company always looked to shift cost to employees, customers, and suppliers. Merit and cost of living raises disappeared. This coupled with ever increasing insurance costs resulted in steady decreases in take home pay for the last several years. Profit sharing was never as promised. The company came to prefer younger cheaper foreign workers over older experienced workers. On the positive side vacation time was good and co-workers were excellent to work with.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
I liked how well we can work with teams and they had different positions you can work hard to get such as operator and management levels wich seemed very obtainable.
Overall I have nothing bad to say about the job or the environment. The pay was good and benefits are also good. Direct supervisors were great they help in any way possible. Some line operator were very helpful when need assistance but the plant manager is worthless. He has no respect for his employees. He degrades his employees whenever he has a chance. I filed a complaint to HR on the plant manager and nothing was done. Employees walk around like they are gods due to the fact that they know they won’t get fired. They disciplinary system there is a joke. It’s a joke because the plant manager allows people to get away with all sorts of things.
I enjoyed my time at Sealed Air. The company is very technically based, so for someone not technically based, your learning curve is high. I think the work they are doing is very positive for the world around us, and they are reducing plastics, cost, and time
For over 12 yrs our yearly raises have been severely underfunded. Never even close to a cost of living. And now during this pandemic our "Hazardous duty pay" is a joke. $40 a week extra. We are putting our lives and our families lives on the line and they think $40 is sufficient. Between this and the horrible raises it kills morally. If you choose to work here good luck.
Excellent best job I've had so far wish I could've stood with it.. management and supervisors were great.ive learned alot of things working here . Excellent coworkers excellent job.
Pro’s
Good benefits

Good vacation/sick time

Con’s

Not trust worthy

They will stab you in the back when they get a chance

Long 12 hr shifts. There schedule for overtime all the time.

They will put you on nights after a little bit. Again not a very good place to work. Trust me

Just don’t trust them
If you want to work your butt off and hope to advance within a company. Do not work here. It’s a complete buddy system and 99% of managers have no clue at to what they’re doing. Most managers are silly and immature and have no business being in management.
Uses employees and moves them along like cattle. Very enthusiastic at the start and then pushes until it's time to move on. I can't imagine many that stay have job satisfaction. A few are very well taken care of.
If your not in the click then you are fodder for the machine. They try to keep you in place with promises of advancement and better conditions but they lie!
Aprendi mucho de esta empresa,aun y con la diversidad cultural,logramos hacer un buen equipo y la verdad ,aprendi mucho ,por la experiencia de mis jefes y que el trabajo en equipo da eficiencia a nuestra labor y desempeño
Enjoyed working at seals air. Learned a lot about new products. Learn how to st up an run top quality goods. Had great benefits. Good insurance. Had a good relationship with fellow co workers. Worked a lot of overtime/weekends.
Cons
While my experience with the company was good, the management at the facility I worked at was crooked and would gaslight their employees frequently and would straight up lie to them. Coworkers were great but asking for help and getting it was often difficult since the warehouse was often shorthanded.
I would have rated Sealed Air five stars back in early 2017, but some of the new managers they hired for the relocation to Charlotte were not up to par.
Sorry to see them downsize in Ct. loved my job for 30 years. Worked for several different departments and managers. Got along great with all of them. Miss my friends and my job.
First of all, there are a lot of people working here that are under-educated and ignorant. If it were not for this company, they would not be enjoying the lifestyle that they have.
Secondly, if you are willing to learn, come to work on time, and work safely and diligently with accuracy, you will be successful.

There is a lot of change going on to meet current demands, but if you can keep an open mind and be ready to shift to meet the challenges, then you'll be okay.

Downside - there are some people in supervisory roles who are not qualified to be in these roles. They may have an education, but lack other skills necessary to be leaders.
Lack of Leadership
Favoritism

No integrity

No support

No thanks for a job well done

Look for any thing possible to write up employees and if no proof they do it anyway

Do what they want to who they want, when they want
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sealed Air. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight