Sears Home Services Employee Reviews

It is a good place to work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 17, 2018
I was a seasonal salesperson, but I like to work in there because Sears is a place with a good workplace culture and the advancement opportunities are good.
A corporate environment trying to change
Manager, Marketing and Integrated Retail (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILOctober 16, 2018
Because my commute was 45 minutes+, I had the flexibility to work from home and a great work/life balance. My immediate leadership challenged me and gave me exposure to projects that helped to grow my skill set.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
currently in the middle of a cultural shift
Inconsistent job requirements across all levels of employment
District Asset Coordinator/Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COOctober 10, 2018
I found the corporate culture to be very caustic, and the requirements of each job shift at least weekly. I would not recommend starting a job with this company.
Horrible place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VAOctober 9, 2018
A franchise that doesn't care about their actual customers nor their employees.

As soon as you walk in, you are bombarded by angry customers. Not only that, the management team does not care nor will they take calls from angry customers that are demanding to speak to a manager. You are paid 2 weeks behind and only for COMPLETED appts/jobs. So if the technician decides to not do a job, you won't be paid for that appt. Also, it's $5 per completed appt. You have to make over 200 appts per payperiod to make $6 per appt. but to do that, it's almost impossible.

There is no open door policy so if you have an issue with a power hungry supervisor, you won't be heard. Their mentality is "if you don't like it, leave. There are 50 more people out there waiting for your spot". Turnover is high and you are constantly fighting for an appt/call.
Pros
Every once in a while, you get free lunches.
Cons
No sick leave, no vacation, no holiday pay. No insurance benefits either.
A joke
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakemary flOctober 6, 2018
Worked there for six months then left for something better high call volume shady management limited hour it's the best place to be if you are not interested in making a living
Pros
Going home
Terrible management No organization
Appointment Setter/ (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLOctober 1, 2018
THEY DO NOT PAY $14 AN HOUR THATS A LIE. THEY only pay $10 and hour and you get bonuses as low as $25 or if you are a top agent over $200. The work itself is very easy but Say NO SALES which is a lie, you will be selling every single day and if you don't make enough sales you'll get written up. Missed several days of pay throughout the year which takes months on end to actually get paid out.
Management is very unorangized and some Managers let the power get to their heads and treat the employees bad
Telelmarking, not apt setting.
The quality of work is poor because they are stealing customers information.
There's not enough work to last throughout the day, so there's a lot of downtime and they make you go home to the point you lose a lot of money on your check.
Pros
Easy work. Not a lot of work. A lot of down time
Cons
Lie to get people hired. Rude manangers. Forget/mispay.
Horrible boss/owner
Carpet Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 30, 2018
Horrible place to work . Everything is half fast done . Very rude manager, Takes away money, and hours that you have earned . Will argue with you over nothing.
good first job
Member Recovery / appointment setter (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLSeptember 21, 2018
All sales based. Pay was fair enough. Hourly pay plus commission based off sales bonus structure. Most of management is helpful and understanding. Good as a starting job.
Pros
bonus
Cons
communication between departments
Over ll stressful
In home service tech (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 15, 2018
The in home service tech job can be a rewarding job when there are enough techs assigned. Shortages in a particular industry will move those comittments to the available tech causing more drive time which will interfer with job/handled/job completed scoring.This drives down productivity and impacts the techs performance rating.
Great group of people to work with just like having a family
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 12, 2018
Great prices and a great group of people to work with one of the very few places I felt like myself and was valued for the work I did I would go back if the opportunity arises again live that we would celebrate holidays together and bdays as well no one is ever secluded
High stress position
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Holly Ridge, NCSeptember 8, 2018
Stressful Hours that included hundreds of miles traveled on a daily basis. Lead flow that was given was poor and the job was straight commission making it difficult to have a steady income. Left to go back to my role as a homemaker.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Low Pay, Miles traveled per day
Don't be convnced the hype doesn't live up to the reality
Project Consultant (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IASeptember 5, 2018
Sometimes you have to drive two and a half hours for a meeting at 8am after getting home at 1AM. you start your day around 7AM Sears gives you your daily assignments they say only 3 appointments a day, but don't coordinate the scheduling of your appointments. You may have your first meeting at 9or10AM but often in order to get there you have to leave before 8AM after that you may have another appointment in the early afternoon once again 2-3 hours away and finally an evening appointment ending you day at 9or10PM but still may be 2-5 hours from home. You get paid eventually I left in July got my final pay and reimbursement in either lat Oct or early Nov.
Training is great but unless you are set to travel 6 days a week and don't need to be reimbursed quickly probably not the job for you. Probably one of the best training programs in the classroom, but not much follow through after you are on your own.
Pros
learn a lot
Cons
just can't afford to work there
Terribke
Refrigeration Service Technician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 31, 2018
If you want to stand still in life and never get recognized for good quality work apply here. If you don’t “sell” all their extra garbage then you are not a good employee to them. Management never has the upper hand on anything. Overall bad company to work for
The people are friendly and the stations are always clean,
Sears Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAAugust 27, 2018
Worked for a year 35-40 hours always guaranteed and the mangers are always there for you even if there a conflict with a customer or employee. Would recommend .
Productive , surrounded by people that want to help .
Appointment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 6, 2018
A typical day at work consist off coming in and logging into the computer to clock in. Load up the system and start taking calls.I have learned so far how to talk to people, listen better to the needs they are looking for. All the managers are willing and able to help you out at all times. Hardest part about the job is getting those home warranty sales and getting the member to give you his or hers credit card information over the phone . The most enjoyable part about the job is getting those nice commission checks .
A day at Sears in Bridgeview
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILAugust 1, 2018
The people was enjoyable to work with. The hardest part of the job when we had the surprised visits from corporate office. The workplace culture waas great. We always had a mixture of peoples.
The management staff was excellent. A great grop of people to work with. I learned alot at Sears and is still learning daily. I was not good on the computer but I was trained to do so many different little thing which enchanced my skills in the office. I typical day at work was to come in and worked hard in the begining of the morning and relaxed in the latter part of the day, Sears is truly an excellent place to work WE ARE FAMILY!!!!!
fast paced
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44129July 30, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Sears. The management was okay for the most part. The hours were intense and it was soly commision based which really didnt make the hours worth it.
Not the best job
Air Duct Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJuly 29, 2018
Management being cool along with life on the road is really the only plus. The pay sucks in the Wallingford location. I was a full time employee and was only getting paid around $400-450 every TWO WEEKS. They run 3 room specials that is not worth the techs time, and the companies fleet vehicles are poorly maintained most likely due to cost. I know the posting stats $35,000 a year but I can assure you that you will touch nothing close to that, maybe in MASSACHUSETTS and other locations but not in CT. This job is a great job for someone who lives with parents, need hours toward HVAC, or lives with a roommate or significant other that can pull most of the weight bill wise. THEY DO NOT AND I REPEAT THEY DO NOT OFFER ANY BENEFITS.
Pros
On the road, cool management, & cool coworkers
Cons
No benefits, & low pay
Get hired as a tech to be a salesman
Laundry Technician (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJuly 27, 2018
Routine would dump call on you at the end of your day, no work life family life balance. Management wouldn't care if you repaired appliance only cared if you sold home warranties. We were told to lie to people about the home warranties "people are suckers the will buy anything". Home warranties would not cover much even though they said $10,000 per repair $50,000 a year, but when it came to time to repair it only covered $500 and if it went over they would deny the repairs and customers would get a voucher. On a service call we were encouraged to tell customers that the appliance repair was not worth it just to buy a new one and give the a 10% coupon or sell them sears home warranty. Working at sears as a technician was very stressful, it was a daily race to go to someone's home repair, fix, leave, repeat. If a tech fell behind or called out sick the work load fell on everyone else. They would schedule about 10 calls a day and if you fell behind it through you off all day. They would always schedule too many people in the morning and customers would get mad that your late. Management wouldn't let you order parts is you didn't have it or if you could find it locally. You could repair 20 appliances in one day but if you didn't sell a home warranty it was not a good day. Manager just sat looking at numbers all day trying to find ways to write up employees
Pros
Free tools when they forgot to collect when i left
Cons
Stressful, too corporate, home warranty
Peaceful
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VAJuly 22, 2018
No tips but Sears was a great job to have before I located with Work smart.
As I understand it they have valued more in to their employees and to any of their concerns.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears Home Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight