Sears Hometown & Outlet Stores Employee Reviews

customer servise
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 14, 2018
i was responsible for folding clothes keeping ales and shelves clean and presentable, helping customers find things that they where looking for or answer any questions that they might have
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Willmar, MNAugust 4, 2018
Very laid back but driven place to work and good teams to work with. I manage one and all the guys get along good and we try to keep it fun so nobody wants to leave.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
People are worried about Sears so they dont shop there as often now
Commision based jobs HEAVILY depend on what area you are in.
Sales Consultant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Louisburg, NCAugust 2, 2018
When looking at commision based jobs, always ask for permission to look at how many sales are made monthly. From then, get the experience of other workers and have their opinions validated.

In any case, working for Sears Hometown is easy; Due to the area, it is very slow and relaxing. However, the fact that this is a commission job, means that this is automatically stressful. It is incredible to see the only people walking in for the day are those that just need someone to yell at. It is fun to work with most coworkers, as they're usually easy going.

1 hour lunches are good, I would be annoyed if I made more hourly but I make about 5$ so I don't lose much by having a longer lunch period.

Working as a Sales Consultant, you are often tasked with being a customer service rep, even though you are barely being paid to be a Sales Consultant.
Pros
1 Hour Lunch, Fun coworkers usually, Learn about sales and appliances
Cons
No tangible benefits, slow days = no money, often tasked with customer service duties
Unprofessional
STORE MANAGER, SALES (Former Employee) –  Paris, TNAugust 1, 2018
Poor work environment. Late/short pay. Unorganized. No set schedule. Won't know until late the night before, or sometimes an hour before if you're working or not.
Pros
Access to internet
Cons
Unorganized
Non disclosure agreement
Owner (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYJuly 31, 2018
I cant disclose any of this information legally. Your site should have option for such circumstance instead of forcing me to leave a review when there would be legal repercussions.
Opportunities to learn
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Albert Lea, MNJuly 29, 2018
There are many opportunities and programs to learn including sales applications and continuing education credits. Many sales meetings and team meetings
Pros
Learning opportunity
Cons
Ownership
Worked for a Franchise of the company
District Store Manager & Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 27, 2018
I really enjoyed working with the company and i leaned a lot while managing an outlet store.
A typical day was busy.
I learned about management, warehouse, sales, and more.
The culture is fun and competitive
Hardest part of the job is meeting expectations.
Meeting new employees along the journey was the most enjoyable.
Good for tools
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILJuly 22, 2018
Cleaned more than dealing with customers. Learned more about the manufacturers of appliances. Did not like working for the owners after a few months. Too much discrimination/gender preference.
Good Place to learn about sales
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 18, 2018
Fun place to work, very competitive. Always pushing for all metric results. Great training programs for sales. Very focused on sales for store associates.
No work life balance. Management pushes you constantly/daily to meet metric expectations.
Pros
store teams, flexibility, making a difference
Cons
working long days eveyry day, no worklife balance
Customer service
MCA/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARJuly 17, 2018
Customer service. Stocked, cashiered and shipping.ladies department, kids department, mens, shoes I worked everywhere other than tools and appliances.
Pros
Love working with people
Cons
Don.t like signing
The manager was a good person.
Loader (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 16, 2018
I like the manager because he tries his best to manage the company. He was too easy on some of the workers. I will be happy when they get someone who understands the job better.
Pros
Nice company
Cons
Bad workers
Sales Rep.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTJuly 12, 2018
I loved working for Sears Hometown in Helena, MT. The team as a whole taught me a lot. It was more like a second family. I love the close community as well. You'd get customers and be able to relate to them and build a relationship among them.
Pros
30 min lunches, Great hours, Flexibility, Strong team drive
Corporate Ran
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 10, 2018
I was a store manager for a transition store, meaning corporate ran. During this time, I worked 40 paid hours a week, plus 10-15 unpaid hours a week via taking work home with me to get it completed during the required time frame OR answering work calls OR getting on conference calls. Overtime was not allowed what so ever. A normal day consisted of getting yelled at for things we had no control over. (store closing, taxes, damage done by a 3rd party delivery team, sears.com). The hardest part of the job was doing all the work knowing I wouldn't be compensated and knowing I would be reprimanded for it not being done. I did enjoy meeting members of the community when they weren't jerks.
Pros
Some nice people, time off if needed
Cons
long hours, lazy employees, no advancement, no overtime pay
Fun Work Place.
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJJuly 10, 2018
There really was no strict management. It’s a great company to work for. Typical work day would consist of working with everyone in a group setting. Management was great.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
No benefits.
Great Company
Acting Manager (Current Employee) –  Great Falls, MTJuly 9, 2018
I have been with this company for a short time now but love everything about it. The work place is relaxed and calm. Highly recommend to work for this company.
Sears
Human Resources/ Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bend ORJuly 8, 2018
Great owners but the corporation has some major flaws in development and improving employee goals and careers. Good pay and strong management. Great delivery team and co workers.
Pros
strong relationships with management
Cons
slow work, corporate unethical
More advertisement
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 5, 2018
To make commission the flow of customers has to be steady, and business has been slow not enough customer to make sell to. It could better, it seem as if we are going out of business
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Not enough business
Great partnerships with independent owners
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 5, 2018
Sears Hometown and Outlet gives you the opportunity to work with independent owners and learn their backgrounds while helping learn the Sears business and how they can be successful!
Pros
Working with independent owners
Cons
Concern about Sears Holding
Not a career job
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  River Falls, WIJuly 2, 2018
They do not pay well. For a kid with no bills or responsibilities living at home. Not a career job or room for advancement. It was a for the time, not enough pay.
good people
Sears Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pratt, KSJune 29, 2018
such good people, the owner is an amazing woman and her staff is super friendly and helpful. From the minute you walk in you are greeted and if they dont know you by name then they will make it a point to remember your name.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears Hometown & Outlet Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight