Sears Hometown & Outlet Stores Employee Reviews

Dishonest promises from day 1!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bridgeville, PAMarch 17, 2019
I actually put my two weeks in and left a job to come to this company! Partially because it was more money hourly and all sorts of promises were made ! After a month of working for them and all the excuses that they were new to delivery and to bear with them ... IT ONLY GOT WORSE ! Even though my partner and I were the 1# delivery team we never got any bonus for our going above and beyond to make deliveries happen during harsh weather and ridiculous circumstances! They want you to work hard and never advance! There no benefit at all ! The managers don’t do their jobs and push their responsibility off on others and it seems like the only thing they excel at is passing the buck ! And the pay wasn’t worth it at all . The moment your close to getting a full week in they text u last min and tell u your off tmw ! Extremely unprofessional! I wish I had room to really go into detail of all the unsafe and unprofessional behavior they display every day!
Pros
Non
Cons
They’re salesman and they feed u lies !
Sears hometown and outlet
General Manager (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLMarch 16, 2019
Overall sears hometown and outlet is a great company to work for stressful at times but the culture and teachings are strong they inspire strong leadership and recognize top talent and retain it
Fun Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milan, TNMarch 13, 2019
Sears was a great place to work. I loved meeting and talking to all my customers. My manager was a lot of fun to work with. Job wasn't hard, but could be a little stressful on busy days. But overall it was a good job.
uncomfortable in not knowing if you had made a good investment.
Owner and Operator (Former Employee) –  Manistee, MIMarch 9, 2019
Sears Hometown was a franchised that I had to purchase. When Sears filled for bankruptcy They forced me out of business and did not offer me any type of buy out. I totally lost my investment and my business and my career.
Pros
self employed
Cons
at the mercy of Sears..
noncustomer oriented, all talk no listen management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, INMarch 5, 2019
constantly moving and rearranging product. The harder working you are the more trouble you are in. disregard for osha laws, owner bounced paychecks. claimed they delivered then told the customer it meant to the store not their house
Cons
employee lazyness
A decent workplace.
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAMarch 3, 2019
I worked there for a good amount of time. I went from full time to part time, due to other ventures I wanted to pursue. It’s a decent work environment if you need a job. I would recommend working here if you want to stay busy and have steady income.
Pros
The benefits were nice
Cons
Poor management in my opinion
Excellent beginners platform for appliance education and sales.
Appliance Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 1, 2019
There is a lot of repetitive customer base within the appliance department. Therefore, client retention is very attainable. Maximize on the education available and retain your customer base and the pay can be rewarding.
Good place
Vendor and Forklift Driver (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 27, 2019
Good people, poor pay for the amount of work there, really physical since you have to unload and load trucks by hand using dollys a lot of heavy fridges.
Pros
People
Cons
Pay
Failure of Sears has hurt company
Data Architect (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILFebruary 26, 2019
Sears Hometown & Outlet Stores has descended into a very political and toxic environment due to the problems with Sears Holdings, expense in getting data, confusion about technical approaches forward.
Productive and fun work place with ping pong table
Customer Service Expert (Former Employee) –  arkadelphi arkansasFebruary 19, 2019
great for people oriented people who also like to do minor hands on mechanical work. wonderful staff and owner to work with is local and it is a family owned and operated business
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
low pay
It was an okay job
Part-time sales associate (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RIFebruary 17, 2019
The store was slow and the manager was not very nice. Overall it was an average job; however, the customers were very nice and always loved getting the assistance they needed.
Family oriented job
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Opelousas, LAFebruary 17, 2019
This job was great for social purposes. Friendly customers that I helped make the best decision to fit their needs, trusted my honest opinion and knowledge on selecting the suitable appliances.
Pros
meeting new people everyday
Cons
not enough work hours
Good Place to be
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Du Quoin, ILFebruary 12, 2019
I really liked my Position with Sears.
The balance of work and home was fair.
Pay and compensation were good .
The company was fair
Had it not been for mismanagement from the top causing stores to close I would still be there.
Pros
good place fair pay
Cons
too many stores closing
Not a bad place to work.
Warehouse Coordinator/Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, ARFebruary 5, 2019
A well paying job based on work ethic. Unfortunately there is typically no room for advancement. If you're a people person, this is good choice as you build relationships on a daily basis.
Challenging environment
Service Control & Inventory (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRFebruary 3, 2019
Able to work with minimum supervision.Order the parts that will be needed for the repairs. Maintain the inventory of service and parts in optimal conditions.
It's a always busy and lots of work to do
Unloader/Loader (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJanuary 31, 2019
The typical day working there was tiring body aching who wearing toes hurting kind of day it's hot in containers so sweaty all the time and you gotta be in shape
Pros
Location was close to me
Cons
The work was hard and it's always hot in containers
Good First Job for anybody looking to get into sales
Salesman/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pahrump, NVJanuary 24, 2019
Sears was an excellent company to work for, i learned alot about applainces we used in our everyday life, i still today know alot of about products and help friends make the best decesions before spending money.
Pros
discounts on mechandise
Cons
often slow
I opened/closed, stocked, working with inventroy & customers.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MOJanuary 24, 2019
I had a wonderful time, learning a new skill: retail. In doing inventory, stocking, unloading trucks, ordering merchandize, etc. It has been an eye opening experience. I opened/closed the store listened to customers problems and we worked thru several.
Pros
Working with great people
Cons
closing
Sales associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 22, 2019
Was off and on days, chasing people left and right to make the money I wanted. People were friendly. Manager a good leader. Store manager wasn’t the right person. Hardly talked too is. Gave everyone a hard time.
Pros
Cons
Having commission pay
It's a dump, but at least everyone knows it!
MCA/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 19, 2019
Failing company, building is filthy and unhygenic. Unable to sell merchandise, so the walls and shelves are stuffed to the point where you can't even take down a product without something falling over or onto the floor. Expected to know how to work the register, but you only get training for cashier duties if you're a cashier specifically.

The only thing that made working there endurable was that everyone was on the same page.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Working minimum wage for a failing company that's being deliberately gutted by its CEO

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears Hometown & Outlet Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight