Sears Hometown & Outlet Stores Employee Reviews

Wouldn’t recommend
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hoffman EstatesJune 19, 2019
I can’t stress enough on how very unorganized it is. The manager has no communication skills and talks about their own employees behind their back to other employees. Very childish and expects others to do managements jobs with short notice. Would never recommend to anyone. Also there’s personal relationships between management that makes it unprofessional and uncomfortable to the employees.
Fun Work Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARJune 15, 2019
The work place was great due to constantly dealing with customers. The manager worked with all of my Navy stuff. She was respectful and understanding. The hardest part of the job was to try to get a looking customer to buy an appliance the same day.
Relaxed and family knit
Sales floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJune 14, 2019
I answered the phones, stocked, priced, took payments, set up cards. You had to be able to do everything on the floor inside the store. You had to have knowledge about all the products sold.
N/a
Employee (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXJune 12, 2019
I do not have an opinion as to what a typical day was. It was not successful but may be for someone else. I enjoyed my time dealing with customers and employees.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bolivar, MOJune 5, 2019
A typical day work consisted of customer service, talking to coworkers, and sitting majority of the day. What I have learned is that I actually enjoy interacting with the customers. Management was great! Loved working for two store managers...best guys I've ever worked for. Workplace culture was good. The hardest part of the job was signing the tools. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my coworkers and interacting with customers.
Pros
Relaxed and laid back atmosphere.
Cons
Working every weekend.
Fun place to work can be hard at times
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAJune 5, 2019
I love working here its fun great people customers can be awesome at times and then some can be rude but overall its a great place some of the employees are annyoning
Pros
Bonuses, benefits, pto
Cons
Gotta deal with alot of customers issues
Not for people who are ambitious.
clerk, delivery man (Former Employee) –  Homer, LAJune 5, 2019
Not worth the time nor effort put into the company. Only viable when you have another job and you only need this one so you can have spending money. There is no commission what so ever and there is no training at all. No benefits nor 401K.
Pros
Cons
poor management, lack of skill practice, no training assessment, no pay-raises, no career advancement, no benefits at all, lowest wages, no background checks
Enjoyable and fun place to work with a great boss
Enid (Current Employee) –  Enid, OKJune 5, 2019
Great customer service, fantastic work environment, clean store , good online selection of products, fair pay and flexible hours for the employees and managers
Pros
Hour lunch break
Cons
Not enough stock room space
A mixed bag
Support Lead (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 31, 2019
Days can get repetitive here. Lots of unhappy customers because of products and company policies and delivery problems. Not a whole lot of structure or organization. Not a very serious job.
Pros
Slow time, good with school schedule, work is not too hard
Cons
No pay increases, poor worker morale, lots of problems/unhappy customers, inconsistent management
I enjoyed this job
Salesperson and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Opelousas, LA 70570May 27, 2019
I usually had to help customers in the store and make sells. On delivery days I loaded the truck, and delivered items to the customers homes. I had to clean the store daily. I communicated with customers daily and tried to offer the best deals we could. I learned how to communicate better with people from different backgrounds. I enjoyed making sells and deliveries. The hardest part of the job was dealing with people who did not get the type of price they expected and trying to make them happy.
Pros
Some days were slow, so we were able to get more done
Cons
No benefits, no paid vacation and no raises
People always out the door
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Shoreline, WAMay 15, 2019
Unfair pay for the amount of work expected. They can’t seem to hire anyone ever. But when they do they end up leaving quick. This location always has new management. Short staffed constantly or people just no show. Not a job for someone who has bills. Maybe more for students looking for extra cash.
Run far away!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 14, 2019
There are so many things i could say. But im gonna leave it at this, they steal your hours and tell you they are moving them to next week if your close to overtime because they wont allow ovet time.
sales
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 12, 2019
greeting customers making sure they comfortable with they orders making sure they find everything they need i love coming in work everyday appreciated the suervisors are very welled manner
Horrible management
Store Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXMay 2, 2019
The manage ment here at the Texas city store is horrible and unprofessional if you stand up for yourself they'll cut you down to 10 hours a week. Bads
Pros
None it's cuttthroat
Cons
The management
Just Misses
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Conway, NHApril 17, 2019
Being brought into a company that needs help with all ends of the spectrum of retail.. If you are gonna have Add-On insurance then you need to compensate the employees. The worst was is never getting paid on time, I loved who I worked with and wouldn’t trade them for anything but this company is going to be like it’s parent company... Bankrupt!
Pros
Great People
Cons
Not paid on time and no business acumen
great manager.time off when needed if your reasonable and are willing to help them out when need be too
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MEApril 16, 2019
everyone who knows how to do a good job and does a good job will do just fine. no wiggle room for lazy people.good workers will do just fine.break when you need to but get your work done and do whats expected of you.lazy people need not apply. work is busy but not excessive.day goes by just right
Pros
support, occational free lunch, advance all u want if u make the effort to learn
Cons
Poor comunication and very overworked.
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Litchfield, ILApril 15, 2019
While working for this store my partner and I would put in very long hours and did not get compensated for the overtime. Also was a big lack in comunication on deliveries and jobs to be done. We were let go with no reason or communication as to what was going on.
Lack of attention to employees and poor pay
Service Control Associate (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 15, 2019
Work is always slow. Employees are underpaid. Not really any good benefits available. No future, and no recognition. It barely pays the bills but it works for now. A lot of hours cut due to the slow work flow.
Fun and productive work play with popcorn machine
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Burley, IDApril 14, 2019
I recommend working for Sears any day the employees are very respectful all the time. Things maybe a little pricey but its affordable. The make payments with you.
family owned
Sign Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, ORApril 14, 2019
my friends family owned the store when they hired me. they hired me to help me start out in the job world and they worked with my school schedule. The work environment was really a fun experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears Hometown & Outlet Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight